MGM Announces New Original Series "Stargate Origins"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vaderag View Post
    Cannot wait - i was so sure that there would be no more Stargate - so happy there is
    You better start saving up for that digital channel then.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
      Continuing the old canon is a pipe dream that'll never happen. 17 seasons is too much to ask for new viewers. Plus, stuff like Atlantis on earth and the Asgard Core have permanently ruined the series' future anyway.
      Beg to differ on the 17 seasons. Dr Who has 26 seasons prior to the 2005 continuation and manages to stick to the canon of Classic Who in all the new seasons pretty damn well while still allowing new fans to start the 2005 series without seeing classic Who first. *shrugs*

And no, Atlantis on Earth has not ruined the future of the series. The city could be sent back to Pegasus post-season 5. Or get lost on the way and land them in another galaxy altogether. There are dozens of ways the old canon could be continued with new twists.

Comment

So who are the writers? I tried searching Google but couldn't find any names.

Comment

Originally posted by Cadmius View Post
          So who are the writers? I tried searching Google but couldn't find any names.
          They're mentioned in the article on the GW main page.

Two unknown men, and the director is a woman who's done plenty of short films and webseries for the company who's creating this webserie.

I vaguely remember Arend(BE) posting their names somewhere so I looked them up for you:

Justin Michael Terry
          Mark Ilvedson

Mercedes Bryce Morgan

Comment

Originally posted by Aang View Post
            Beg to differ on the 17 seasons. Dr Who has 26 seasons prior to the 2005 continuation and manages to stick to the canon of Classic Who in all the new seasons pretty damn well while still allowing new fans to start the 2005 series without seeing classic Who first. *shrugs*
            Seems to be more like the exception.

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
              Seems to be more like the exception.
              Doctor Who is likely a very big exception -- I doubt anything can really compare to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                Doctor Who is likely a very big exception -- I doubt anything can really compare to it.
                Define "compare". There isn't really any show that did something like it. Technically, Star Wars, Trek and Galactica did it, but those were more-or-less entire reboots.

Doesn't mean it compares to Stargate in the slightest. Also doesn't mean a fourth show would fail. Atlantis and Universe both could be watched fine without having watched anything that came before. I never watched the original film until long after I bought the series DVDs and began from the beginning. Many here began watching Atlantis, and some even Universe, before having watched what came before.

It also depends on the person. Some can jump in and rarely care about continuity, others, like me, have to watch from the beginning, and in order, to get the most out of it. Hence why I seriously struggle with Star Wars "Legends" and Marvel comics. Hell, I even play really old video games just to be able to play the modern sequels. Granted, Doctor Who is an exception then, though I did begin watching some of the older episodes and plan on watching the rest "some time in the future".

Comment

Compare as in what Doctor Who has done over the years is not something any other show or film franchise will ever be able to do.

I started on Nine and thought it was stupid and childish. Then caught the back end of one of the oldest Who-stories. Tried again with Nine -- made it through Nine and fell in love with 10. Dropped it again with 11 but fell in love with him anyway -- or more accurately fell in love with Clara. Dropped 12 and will be back for 13, cause gonna watch 12 anyway.

And in between 11 and 12, I watched every episode of Doctor Who (even the ones that are lost and where only sound is saved).

Comment

Hey, thanks a lot for that info. I really appreciate you taking the time!

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                    They're mentioned in the article on the GW main page.

Two unknown men, and the director is a woman who's done plenty of short films and webseries for the company who's creating this webserie.

I vaguely remember Arend(BE) posting their names somewhere so I looked them up for you:

Justin Michael Terry
                    Mark Ilvedson

Mercedes Bryce Morgan

Comment

Originally posted by Cadmius View Post
                      Hey, thanks a lot for that info. I really appreciate you taking the time!
                      No problem.
                      Always happy to help out.

Comment

Got an email with a link to sign up for the pay site...

Looks to be a one time cost of $20. Not sure when it goes live

Comment

Received the email to get all access...

edit: Ordered my $20 all access pass and free t-shirt. The t-shirt alone is worth more than $20.
                          Last edited by ScifigirlSG; 31 August 2017, 12:04 PM.

Comment

Also just joined All-Access otherwise known as the "terrible pay wall of Doom!" A one time payment of $20 US Dollars for all previous Stargate shows and movies plus a free Origins T-Shirt. However, subscription is valid through May 15th, 2018. Don't know what happens after that. Also states All-Access members will be "first" to see Origins which I took to mean you can still watch for free just later than the paying customers. Not a bad deal at all! Site goes live Sept. 20th.
                            Last edited by Shiner833; 31 August 2017, 12:19 PM.

Comment

...and cheaper than Amazon Prime if it was offered

Comment

Originally posted by Shiner833 View Post
                                Also just joined All-Access otherwise known as the "terrible pay wall of Doom!" A one time payment of $20 US Dollars for all previous Stargate shows and movies plus a free Origins T-Shirt. However, subscription is valid through May 15th, 2018. Don't know what happens after that. Also states All-Access members will be "first" to see Origins which I took to mean you can still watch for free just later than the paying customers. Not a bad deal at all! Site goes live Sept. 20th.

I just joined the All-Access too and hey if this $20 can lead to more Stargate down the line even after this mini movie then im all for it.

Also im thinking that MGM might just combine all of their tv/movie property into one site after May of next year. I mean i cant see them thinking this Stargate Command is a good idea long term if there is little to no new content.

I mean its only about what $2.5 dollars a month over the 8 months which isnt bad to me for all access to stargate any time i want to watch (AD FREE FU HULU).

I just hope im able to watch this thru my smart tv. Who wants to watch thru computer or phone when we can watch it on the big screen.

Just hope the stream is very good quality /dvd like for SG-1 and HD for the Atlantis and Universe.

Still odd they didnt include the cartoon?
                                LETS GO PEN'S

Comment

Working...
                                X