No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone been following Joe's stories on Instagram? Newman meeting the cows was so darn cute.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    It rained and it rumbled, but it's still hot.

I sincerely hope the thermometer in my bedroom is just broke (part of a keychain on my hiking backpack) cause otherwise I have to believe it's currently close to 30° Celsius (give or take 87° Fahrenheit) in my room.

I've been sleeping relatively OK the last few days.

By which I mean, that I sleep inside a sleepingbag, sandwiched between two sides of a duvet, with a fleeceblanket on top -- my very own cocoon and yes, safe space. It's remarkably chill inside my cocoon.
    I love sleep cocoons!

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
    Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

Go window shopping, they said... It'll be fun, they said...
    Lol Luckily my inspection showed all other hiking gear needed replaced. The bleeding will stop until the next time I venture into REI. I've banned myself until fall 2021.

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    I have a pair of Merrell sandals that are the most comfy I've ever had.

Me neither. Lately I've been sleeping under a thin sheet with the ceiling fan going. SR Jr. and fam are now in Colorado visiting his wife's family. The twins did great on the flight because it was mostly empty and they got to spread out. It's in the low 70s out there and the 40s at night. Jealous.
    I have some Merrill sandals too. They are great! Hope the kiddos are enjoying Colorado. I could imagine all kinds of entertaining adventures for them.
    sigpic
    Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

Comment

Was planning on sleeping on our balcony tonight -- it's on the back of the building so minimal noise from the street in front. But then my cats found a big spider and I promptly changed my mind. I did save the spider from getting eaten.

I'm back in my room where I think the temp has gone down, or I'm just used to it now...

Perhaps this should be part of my Office Saga. However, I'm sure the AC in Atlantis never gives out.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Well I am supposed to go to Dana Farber in Boston on Friday to get a second opinion on my cancer. But my stupid primary doctor can't seem to figure out what they need to send for "prior authorization" so my insurance will pay for it. They are reaaaally on my last nerves right now. The doctor's secretary is like "but that's now how I usually do it". I don't freaking care! Just do it!!

Anyway, I feel pretty confident that my appointments are going to be postponed. I'd love to be wrong.

Me neither. Lately I've been sleeping under a thin sheet with the ceiling fan going. SR Jr. and fam are now in Colorado visiting his wife's family. The twins did great on the flight because it was mostly empty and they got to spread out. It's in the low 70s out there and the 40s at night. Jealous.
        I'm jealous too!! Damn, that sounds so nice.

Was planning on sleeping on our balcony tonight -- it's on the back of the building so minimal noise from the street in front. But then my cats found a big spider and I promptly changed my mind. I did save the spider from getting eaten.

I'm back in my room where I think the temp has gone down, or I'm just used to it now...

Perhaps this should be part of my Office Saga. However, I'm sure the AC in Atlantis never gives out.
        With all of the power problems in Atlantis, I'm sure they've had many hot days there. Of course, John and Elizabeth can cool off on their balcony.

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
          With all of the power problems in Atlantis, I'm sure they've had many hot days there. Of course, John and Elizabeth can cool off on their balcony.
          I would think it would be the opposite of "cool"...

That might be better suited for the M-rated version of the Office Saga.

Comment

Originally posted by Zandra's Ashes View Post

I have some Merrill sandals too. They are great! Hope the kiddos are enjoying Colorado. I could imagine all kinds of entertaining adventures for them.
            They're having a ball. Once a year my DIL's family gets together. She has 6 siblings with assorted kids and spouses. Their dad rents a huge house somewhere and they all stay for a week. The boys are just beginning to be able to play with their cousins. SR Jr. loves having a large family at last but sometimes doesn't quite know what to do with all of them.

Well I am supposed to go to Dana Farber in Boston on Friday to get a second opinion on my cancer. But my stupid primary doctor can't seem to figure out what they need to send for "prior authorization" so my insurance will pay for it. They are reaaaally on my last nerves right now. The doctor's secretary is like "but that's now how I usually do it". I don't freaking care! Just do it!!

Anyway, I feel pretty confident that my appointments are going to be postponed. I'd love to be wrong.
            I hope you are wrong also. Insurance companies are a pain in the neck, but necessary. Wait until you get on Medicare. They pay hardly nothing and take forever to do it. I am just now getting statements from when I had some moles removed in March.
            sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

Yep, that's about what it is out here in the PNW, at least most areas near the water. Mid to low 70s in the day, and the 50s at night. Supposed to heat up next week with Seattle hitting the 90s over the weekend, and I'm not looking forward to that.

Anyone been following Joe's stories on Instagram? Newman meeting the cows was so darn cute.
              Oooh, I'm gonna have to check that out!

Lol Luckily my inspection showed all other hiking gear needed replaced. The bleeding will stop until the next time I venture into REI. I've banned myself until fall 2021.

Ugh. I hate medical bureaucracy. Sorry you're having to deal with that too. *hugs*

I hope you are wrong also. Insurance companies are a pain in the neck, but necessary. Wait until you get on Medicare. They pay hardly nothing and take forever to do it. I am just now getting statements from when I had some moles removed in March.
              Yeah, stuff like this and the shenanigans with the VA are why I do not support government-run healthcare. It's just a constantly snowballing disaster.

(This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Maybe give your cat some more time to scare off the spiders. I love sleeping outdoors.

I had to think about that for a minute, I was like wasn't there an episode where the AC didn't work? I'm overdue a re-watch. I have half the first season on my iPad for my flight tomorrow.

I'm jealous too!! Damn, that sounds so nice.

Um yes...any excuse for another balcony chat.

And I'm so sorry about the insurance. You might be able to get the insurance company to call the office. I had mine (was lucky to catch a wonderful human) call while they put me on hold. I really hope they get it sorted for you.

Oh heck yeah
                sigpic
                Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

Comment

Maybe give your cat some more time to scare off the spiders.
                  It was the crunch of the flattening that alerted me to the 8-legged victim. Yes, I saved the spider from getting eaten.
                  Though I don't know if it survived since it looked a bit crumbled when I put it savely in the potted plant. We have netting across those to keep the cats from digging the sand out so they couldn't reach the spider there.

Comment

Well, I was right about my appointments being cancelled. The primary care doctor finally did what they were supposed to, but it was too late - Dana Farber had to "release the appointments". So now I wait for the authorization to become final, then call them again. ARGH!!!

I remember from taking care of my mom. *shudders*

And I'm so sorry about the insurance. You might be able to get the insurance company to call the office. I had mine (was lucky to catch a wonderful human) call while they put me on hold. I really hope they get it sorted for you.
                    Oh I called the insurance company too. I've made so many phone calls in the last week, it's insane. I hate making phone calls!!

It was the crunch of the flattening that alerted me to the 8-legged victim. Yes, I saved the spider from getting eaten.
                    Though I don't know if it survived since it looked a bit crumbled when I put it savely in the potted plant. We havezcross those to keep the cats from digging the sand out so they couldn't reach the spider there.
                    Killer kitties!!!

Comment

Killer kitties!!!
                      Yeah, they love to help flies, mosquitos, spiders, moths... die a little faster.

Comment

Yeah, stuff like this and the shenanigans with the VA are why I do not support government-run healthcare. It's just a constantly snowballing disaster.

ITA. You only have to look at the VA, the DMV and the post office to shudder when government-run healthcare comes up. And do most people know you still have to pay for Medicare? It depends on your income how much and you will still need supplemental insurance to make anything count. Also don't get me started on deductibles.
                        sigpic

Comment

Universal healthcare... can't complain.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

Yeah, they love to help flies, mosquitos, spiders, moths... die a little faster.
                            Good kitties!

ITA. You only have to look at the VA, the DMV and the post office to shudder when government-run healthcare comes up. And do most people know you still have to pay for Medicare? It depends on your income how much and you will still need supplemental insurance to make anything count. Also don't get me started on deductibles.
                            Yup. And it doesn't matter who's in charge, it's the horribly inefficient bureaucracy that's made a mess of things, and there's no way to streamline anything to make it better for patients and doctors because the government employee unions involved won't allow those necessary changes to be made. Just like public education.
                            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

I had need of some extra help from Atlantis today... unfortunately no such help showed up...

Phew, doing most all of the tasks for the team took it out of me this week.

However, a lot of colleagues sending me supportive messages made it all better.
                              Next week, I start fresh... Taking it easy this weekend. Tomorrow is sort of a holiday over here ... had to look it up cause I forgot again why it's a sort-of-a-holiday ... it's the holy day of the Assumption of Mary, which means it's also Mother's Day in the Province of Antwerp. Now, that I remembered.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

Good kitties!

Yup. And it doesn't matter who's in charge, it's the horribly inefficient bureaucracy that's made a mess of things, and there's no way to streamline anything to make it better for patients and doctors because the government employee unions involved won't allow those necessary changes to be made. Just like public education.
                                Preach it sistah! It's an imperfect system but it beats the alternative.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X