This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Integrabyte View Post
    Dont tell anyone but he'll have an episode where he can develop as much as he wants
    Oh, his token episode... I bet he doesn't get any further than where he left off last time... which was Reunion?
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

You make some good points, however, I believe there are a few things that are worth consideration. If Sheppard was brainwashed, all he would remember was stepping through to Atlantis. And I think we give Michael too little credit--underestimate him regularly. He had Carson Beckett's clone for all that time--and he was the same in every way as Carson, only Michael could exert complete control over him. I would imagine he could get CarsonClone to tell him anything he wanted to know about Earth. Plus Michael is said to have spies everywhere. Many of the people he's taken from various worlds to make his hybrid army are undoubtedly from allies of the Atlantians too. They would perhaps know bits and pieces of Earth from all that has been shared by the contact teams. Michael is insanely brilliant--emphasis on the insane part.

Comment

Since Joe Mallozzi refused to post my comment in his blog (when I went to bed there were two comments. Right now? Over one hundred and forty) I'm going to assume he didn't want my opinion on the episode to be seen. So I'm posting it here where there isn't censorship.

<i>Bravo, Messirs. Mallozzi and Mullie, on your season finale. Truly, I haven’t laughed so hard since the last episode I watched of ‘The Office.’

Woolsey wearing an ill-fitting uniform and a pair of sneakers? Hilarious. Let’s hope he looks just as uncomfortable throughout Season Five!

Carter conveniently forgetting about the time she and the rest of SG-1 got caught up in time shenanigans, thus wasting precious time in saving Teyla? Gut-busting. And kudos to you for not only sparing Teyla from actually having any lines in the entire episode, but for killing her off. Member of the premier team? One of the most important characters on the show? Bah, who needs her breathing and talking and doing stuff.

Rodney and Keller falling in love after being in a spaceship together for three weeks? Outstanding. Once again, you’ve given hope to all cranky, socially inept men in their forties that they, too, can have pretty ladies in their twenties fall for them purely because of their charm and grace, and not because of their money. What’s that? Rodney is neither charming nor graceful? Mere details! After all, men in the forties are a massive part of your fanbase and what’s wrong with letting some of your fans indulge in a bit of fantasy.

I must interject with the observation that the scene between Ronon and Todd was too serious, too character-driven, too interesting for such a light, whimsical piece. You might want to look more closely at your editing process.

And the way the building collapsed on our heroes at the end? Rollicking! I literally laughed out loud at the people who think this means the end for any of those characters. You’d have to be a world-class idiot to not know that the only thing keeping this show going is McKay and Sheppard.

If I were you, I’d hot-foot it to Gateworld. They’ve obviously misquoted you on the production notes of ‘The Last Man’ - <i>... a bit of a tearjerker -- I defy you not to cry or feel sad or pity or slightly dizzy</i>.

Oh, I felt something all right. My sides splitting!

Two, nay, three thumbs up for your first foray into comedy. I can only cross my fingers and hope that the premier episode of Season Five is in the form of musical.</i>

I can only assume he doesn't appreciate my screen name or my writing style.

Comment

Originally posted by sarcasmo View Post
          Since Joe Mallozzi refused to post my comment in his blog (when I went to bed there were two comments. Right now? Over one hundred and forty) I'm going to assume he didn't want my opinion on the episode to be seen. So I'm posting it here where there isn't censorship.

***snip***

I can only assume he doesn't appreciate my screen name or my writing style.
          your point?

and you really wonder why Joe refused to post your comment?
          sigpic
          The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
            Well, you gotta wonder... No?

Comment

Originally posted by mappalazarou View Post

For forty minutes, we had a good strong episode with nice dialogue, good story arcs and excellent character development (except for the reason for Sam's death which was stupid as wraith cruisers aren't anywhere near as powerful as earth vessels since we managed to hold up a fight against the Ori, for fraks sake).
              May be you should watch the episode AGAIN. Those were hive ships. Also it was unstable hyperdrive that took out the ship and not the firepower of hives. Need I say more?

Comment

your point?

It doesn't surprise me that JM didn't post the message. Its one thing to critizie an epiosde, its another thing to insult the episode.
                Originally posted by aretood2
                Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                  It doesn't surprise me that JM didn't post the message. Its one thing to critizie an epiosde, its another thing to insult the episode.
                  An insult? I don't see him insulting an episode... He's criticizing it, yes... not insulting.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                    Well, you gotta wonder... No?
                    not really

Originally posted by jelgate View Post

An insult? I don't see him insulting an episode... He's criticizing it, yes... not insulting.
                    um yes he/she is. some examples

And kudos to you for not only sparing Teyla from actually having any lines in the entire episode, but for killing her off. [...] Bah, who needs her breathing and talking and doing stuff.

After all, men in the forties are a massive part of your fanbase and what’s wrong with letting some of your fans indulge in a bit of fantasy.

[...] for such a light, whimsical piece.

You’d have to be a world-class idiot to not know that the only thing keeping this show going is McKay and Sheppard.
                    sigpic

Comment

You can't insult an episode. You can insult the writers for doing a poor job, but that's not allowed. An episode is inanimate object and can as such not be insulted.

You, personally, feel maybe insulted because he doesn't like what you think was a great episode.

Comment

You can't insult an episode. You can insult the writers for doing a poor job, but that's not allowed. An episode is inanimate object and can as such not be insulted.
                        correct but I can definitely understand why Joe didn't post this comment

You, personally, feel maybe insulted because he doesn't like what you think was a great episode.
                        nope I don't feel insulted. this is a forum with different opinions, you don't have to share mine

EDIT: LOL still cursed...
                        sigpic

Comment

Its nice to know that without Sheppard being around everyone else just dies
                          Interestsing episode, to be honest I'm not too sure what to make of it. Am I the only one who was surprised at how fast Sheppard returned to Atlantis? After the whole build-up of him maybe not making it because of the sun turning into a Red Giant, to have him them go from stasis pod straight back to Atlantis seemed a bit strange. Which was why I was wondering whether it was genuine or not? I thought it was a pretty good episode until that point because that whole ending bit seemed a bit, rushed? Not nearly as effective as previous end of season cliffhangers.
                          Perhaps I'll change my mind when I see how the rest of it turns out.
                          Although two things that definitely made this episode worth watching - General Lorne! Haha success and a glimpse of life with Woolsey.

The Moon, Let It Guide You And I Shall Find You a Home In Our Heartland, a Heart In Our Homeland
                          "Well, we're going to this party because I'm trying to picture this girl who likes you and all I can see is you in a dress." ~ Bernard (Black Books)

Comment

Thank you, I'm glad someone is able to tell the difference.

And am I surprised that he didn't post it? A little bit. I'd assumed that JM started his blog so he could interact with his audience - surely he should expect that not all fans are going to approve of every single show?

If he really felt the urge to blog, he could have gone under a handle or created one anonymously. If he wants to cash in on his success/position as a writer on a series, then he should have the guts to post everything as long as it's not defamatory to real people, filled with foul language (although he doesn't seem to have a problem with allowing those sorts of comments through), expressing violent thoughts, etc. Simply disagreeing with a comment is, IMHO, not good enough. It shows he can't handle criticism.

Comment

Originally posted by sarcasmo View Post
                              Thank you, I'm glad someone is able to tell the difference.

And am I surprised that he didn't post it? A little bit. I'd assumed that JM started his blog so he could interact with his audience - surely he should expect that not all fans are going to approve of every single show?

If he really felt the urge to blog, he could have gone under a handle or created one anonymously. If he wants to cash in on his success/position as a writer on a series, then he should have the guts to post everything as long as it's not defamatory to real people, filled with foul language (although he doesn't seem to have a problem with allowing those sorts of comments through), expressing violent thoughts, etc. Simply disagreeing with a comment is, IMHO, not good enough. It shows he can't handle criticism.
                              I suggest you read the comments again, there are always some people critizing the show or TBTB. have you seen Erika's comment about Weir? now that's criticism. also it's his blog, Joe can do whatever he wants
                              sigpic

Comment

also it's his blog, Joe can do whatever he wants
                                I totally agree. Doesn't mean I can't have an opinion. Thank goodness for the internet!

Comment

Working...
                                X