Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Joseph Mallozzi's Blog! (SPOILERS For All SG Shows and Dark Matter)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I commented twice and it doesn't show up!

I said he had a cute dog and asked him:
    do you watch stargate music video's made by fans when you have time.
    and under that i putted a link from youtube with my video's

it's probably because of the link that it doesn't get posted right?

Comment

Originally posted by -[SpArkY]- View Post

He screens all comments, he may not have gotten around to yours yet or he doesn't feel like responding. I don't think a link would stop it from showing up if *if* he chooses to unscreen your comment.

Comment

Originally posted by -[SpArkY]- View Post

Yep:

From Joe's Blog:

Finally - Sparky, got your comment but wasn’t able to post because I’m uncertain of the legalties concerning my posting fan-derived videos. Sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
          Yep:
          Yep. Hmm, that is odd as it doesn't seem to worry anyone else.

Comment

Well at least he answered why he didn't answer it

Comment

And they say he doesn't listen to fans...

Comment

Joe just made a comment on my Blog, here's the link: http://abydosblog.blogspot.com/2006/...mas-gifts.html

Now I'm going to make an entry about it.
                sigpic

Comment

February 12, 2007

Finally - Sparky, got your comment but wasn’t able to post because I’m uncertain of the legalties concerning my posting fan-derived videos. Sorry.
                  [...]
                  Anonymous #1 writes: “Wow, a huge crossover would be so cool. So, does this mean it's a possibility or not?”

Answer: Oh, it’s possible.
                  [...]
                  Anonymous #2 writes: “…was hoping you could tell us who will be directing the various season 4 Eps of Atlantis?”

Answer: The season four directing roster is made up of Martin Wood, Andy Mikita, Wil Waring, and Robert C. Cooper.

Sophie writes: “You mentioned that Reunion and Travelers are episodes you've wanted to see written for Atlantis. Can you give any reasons why?”

Answer: My lips are sealed on this one.
                  [...]
                  Anonymous #3 writes: “In all the photos I've seen of her lately, Amanda Tapping has long hair. It suits her. Will she have to chop it off again when you start filming, or does she get to keep it long?”

Answer: We’ll decide on that in the coming weeks.

Anonymous #4 writes: “Joe, I know you are mainly SGA these days, but is there any chance of Ben Browder or Claudia Black ending up in the new Stargate spinoff series?”

Answer: Where’s my magic 8 ball? I have a feeling it would reply “Cannot predict now.”

Anonymous #5 writes: “I just wanted to ask if you had any idea when the season 3 dvds will be released in the UK?”

Answer: Sorry, no idea.

Anonymous #6 writes: “Just read that Galactica got renewed for another year despite having worse ratings than SG-1. What's your take on the whole thing? Is Scifi just tired of being so reliant on SG-1? Do you think that if Scifi gave you guys some of the publicity it puts into Galactica that the show would have continued? Ratings for 200 were huge. Sure, RDA probably had alot to do with that, but at least Scifi advertised some for it. Do you think we can expect some better advertising and publicity for Atlantis season four?”

Answer: I’m always pleased to hear that a network is supporting genre shows like Stargate, Battlestar, and Buffy in its day. It’s a type of programming that, more often than not, commands a small but fiercely loyal audience, and it’s nice to see some of the most fervent fans in television justly rewarded for their devotion. Regarding the publicity - I have no doubt that, when the time comes, SciFi will support both SG-1 and Atlantis with a marketing campaign that will blow everyone‘s socks off. I, for one, can’t wait.

Anonymous #6 writes: “How exactly would you reassure all those REALLY unhappy fans (and there seems to be a heck of a lot of them!) that Atlantis will still be a great show?”

Answer: By producing great some episodes. Come season four, it will be for the fans to tune in and make the call.

Callista writes: “I don't suppose you could tell us when the first episode of Season 4 of Atlantis is supposed to air?”

Answer: And this one is a question for SciFi.

February 13, 2007

[Just photos of Joe, Martin Gero and Carl Binder eating in a restaurant, and the story of what they ordered.]
                  No, 'Eureka' is Greek for 'This bath is too hot.'

"Because only an extremely deranged individual would think of doing what we're doing."
                  (LOST producer Damon Lindelof, May 2007)

Comment

February 14, 2007

Desiree writes: “If you were told you could change ANYTHING in the SG1 universe OR the Atlantis 'verse what would it be? And if you could cross over SG1 and/or Atlantis with ANY SHOW, what would it be and why?”

Answer: Well, it’s no secret I’ve never been a fan of metaphysical “developments” (read: hoo ha) and omnipotent beings. In my best Homer Simpson: “Oma Dessala, you’re cut. Ancients, you’re cut. Everybody else made the team!” Beat. “Except you, you, and you. You’re cut.” As for a possible crossover - the Atlantis team joins forces with the Doctor to battle a wraith-cyber men alliance.

SGEureka: “In "Bounty", was Mitchell's falling off the chair an accident, or were Ben Browder and the others just that great actors?”

Answer: That was great acting. Ben did various versions on the day, literally falling all over himself.

SpArky writes: “Oh have you seen the Belgian dvd boxes of Stargate sg1/atlantis?”

Answer: They’re the nicest looking box sets I’ve seen.

Anonymous #2 writes: “Is there any chance of Amanda Tapping ending up on the new third Stargate series?”

Answer: Whoa, whoa, whoa. We’re getting way ahead of ourselves. That said, I’m sure it’s possible for any member of SG-1 or the Atlantis expedition to put in an appearance in the third series - whenever that happens.

Nyktelios writes: “Is there any chance for season 4 of Atlantis to be more character driven?”

Answer: Yes. We’ve made it a point to give each of our main players their own character-centered episode along with a number of team-centered stories in the first ten.

Mirjam writes: “Regarding season 4 of SGA, will we get more of Sheppard's backstory?”

Answer: This is something we want to do and are trying to come up with a story that will focus on Sheppard’s life prior to his joining the Atlantis expedition. A number of ideas floating around but nothing has really gelled yet.

G writes: “I’ve also been wondering whether any of the hints you incorporated into that rhyme you posted in your blog last year relate to what happens to Weir during S4?”

Answer: The rhyme alludes to each of the episodes in the back half of season 3 and many of the episodes we have in store for season 4. Once new episodes finally begin airing on SciFi, I’ll reveal the meaning behind the various clues. By process of elimination, you should be able to figure out more of the hints as season 3 progresses.

Anonymous #3 writes: “So have we found any storylines for Ronan this season? Has he got one episode maybe so that Jason can show off them acting skills like he did in Sateda?”

Answer: Yup, just finished one.

February 15, 2007

Anonymous #1 writes: “Joe, having the inside scoop, which movie are you looking forward to more? Continuum or Ark of Truth?”

Answer: Hard to say in that I know pretty much everything about Ark of Truth since I read the first draft, and not all that much about Continuum. What’ve you heard? Is Jack going to be in the movie?

Angela L. writes: “Joe, why there aren't Italian members in the Atlantis Expedition?”

Answer: Good question. I have a feeling Dr. Mallozzi will be making an appearance in season four.
                    [...]
                    Marla writes: “It's nice that you are having a dinner for the cast and producers of SGA. Is this a regular thing or just something you and Paul are doing to let everyone get to know the new show runners?”

Answer: No, this is something we do every year. It’s tradition. Just like our ritual pre-season walk up Cypress mountain where we sacrifice an extra to the gods of good fortune and high ratings.

Klenotka writes: “Is there any chance that you will take some woman between you writers so there would be "more feeling" for female characters?”

Answer: Given that we’re only producing one show this season, we won’t be looking to freelancers this year. That said, did you notice a huge difference in the way our female characters were written by past female writers on the show?

Brenda writes: “How much consideration do you give to the numbers of fans who belong to each fan group when deciding how events will play out on Atlantis? Or do you go with what you feel is right without considering what the fans want to see?”

Answer: The truth is, for every group of fans who support one aspect of the series, there is another group of fans who support an opposing viewpoint. So as not to show favoritism to any one group, we make decisions that will vex them all equally. In the end, we simply write a show that we would enjoy watching.
                    [...]
                    Vaberella writes: “Is there any possiblity of the SATEDA fanatics getting a special release addition with commentary from the cast/director and writer during film and scenes that may have been cut out due to the time factor?”

Answer: It’s unlikely. Sorry.
                    [...]
                    Farscapefan writes: “Is there a chance for at least ONE season 10 episode commentary by Claudia Black and Ben Browder?”

Answer: Unlikely simply because by the time we get around to doing said commentaries, the actors are already long gone whereas directors and producers have nothing but free time on their hands for things like behind the scene features, commentaries, and supermarket openings.

"Because only an extremely deranged individual would think of doing what we're doing."

Comment

Does anybody else have a problem leaving a comment/question in Joe's blog? When I try to leave a comment or just preview it I get no response at all. Anyone else have that problem or tips to overcome it?
                      'Isn't it enough to see that the garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the end of it too?' - Douglas Adams

Comment

Originally posted by BJX View Post
                        Does anybody else have a problem leaving a comment/question in Joe's blog? When I try to leave a comment or just preview it I get no response at all. Anyone else have that problem or tips to overcome it?
                        Yes, I had that problem yesterday.
                        Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth or easy...

... or that any man can measure the tides and hurricanes he will
                        encounter on the strange journey.

Spoiler:

2 Cor. 10:3-5
                        3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
                        4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
                        5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

Originally posted by BJX View Post
                          You mean like your browser window freezes and/or clicking buttons does nothing? -- My test preview worked fine a minute ago, like it's supposed to, so I guess my leaving comments would also work. Try a different browser or come back at a different time...

Or (just checking) did you mean your comment doesn't get published immediately? -- Reader posts get screened by Joe before he publishes them.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                            And they say he doesn't listen to fans...
                            I think people are often confused between the idea of someone "not listening" to them and "not doing exactly what they want them to".
                            sigpic
                            "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Wait...there's a difference?!

All those wasted years...

Comment

Originally posted by sgeureka View Post
                                You mean like your browser window freezes and/or clicking buttons does nothing? -- My test preview worked fine a minute ago, like it's supposed to, so I guess my leaving comments would also work. Try a different browser or come back at a different time...

Or (just checking) did you mean your comment doesn't get published immediately? -- Reader posts get screened by Joe before he publishes them.
                                The first one. I'll try again tomorrow and see what happens.
                                'Isn't it enough to see that the garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the end of it too?' - Douglas Adams

Comment

Working...
                                X