The Covid19 thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mad_gater View Post
    Apparently Whole Foods corporate decided to be a bunch of debbie downers this year and not even let us dress up for the holidays, not even for Halloween....strange I thought all the masks with those costumes would've been a GOOD thing

Was planning on dressing up either as an Ori prior (though can't seem to find any gray monk robes at Party City, only brown or black ones) or perhaps (since I have the right body type for it) as Thanos (or as fat Thor )
    I'd bet it's more to prevent people dressing up as various news & political figures.

Comment

Installed our tracing app last night... Had to read through ten pages of GDPR related privacy statements.

I'm confident in its security restrictions and GDPR-compliance. I can turn it off or on at will so that it isn't continuously running when it doesn't have to be.

And Belgium finally has a federal government, after a whoppin' 460+ days after the elections...must be a new record.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
        Installed our tracing app last night... Had to read through ten pages of GDPR related privacy statements.

I'm confident in its security restrictions and GDPR-compliance. I can turn it off or on at will so that it isn't continuously running when it doesn't have to be.
        Are you sure? Remember, the more complex the legalese, 10 pages in your case, the more likely there is nastyness hidden within.
        If you just want to say "I promise not to spy or collect or share information", it takes 10 words. The extra words are ways to get around that.

And Belgium finally has a federal government, after a whoppin' 460+ days after the elections...must be a new record.
        Wait for our upcoming election. We might not know the result for years.

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
          Are you sure? Remember, the more complex the legalese, 10 pages in your case, the more likely there is nastyness hidden within.
          If you just want to say "I promise not to spy or collect or share information", it takes 10 words. The extra words are ways to get around that.
          I'm one of those who reads the TOS, Privacy pages and everything companies always hope nobody reads and just presses Next to get it over with.

Wait for our upcoming election. We might not know the result for years.
          Oh, we knew the results, but those who "won" didn't want to play nice to form a majority so the other parties just flipped them the finger and formed a majority government. They call it the Vivaldi-coalition because it contains 4 different parties (like the Four Seasons by Vivaldi -- which our former PM Sophie Wilmes gave as a gift to the new PM as a joke), so it means that our temporary Prime Minister, who did her the best job she could do during our lockdown, is no longer PM but will now represent us on the international stage as Secretary of State.

As a result, it looks like healthcare workers are getting the payraise they've asked for, and which they more than ever deserve. There will be more budget for the sector.

We also have someone who will be responsible for the transition back to some what normal economy-wise, and someone who's responsible for everything to do with the pandemic so that information is centralized even further.

Comment

I'm one of those who reads the TOS, Privacy pages and everything companies always hope nobody reads and just presses Next to get it over with.
            Have you had your Attorney read it and explain it to you?

That's what lawyers do; they're paid to come up with ways to say black is white and white is black, and make it stick in the courts.

That's why they need so many extra words.

Comment

[Covid19-related on-topic post]

now that POTUS has Covid19
              if he gets Covid19's more serious symptoms*
              if he's put out of commission
              and if the VP also gets Covid19 & is also put out of commission
              does this mean the speaker of the house (Pelosi) takes over?

*unlikely I know. like Boris Johnson he'll be given the most expensive healthcare against Covid19

[/Covid19-related on-topic post]

Comment

Correct.
                sigpic
                ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Have you had your Attorney read it and explain it to you?
                  I have my sister for that -- free of charge.

She has colleague's who speak legalese from when she worked for the legal department, and now she's all about construction which comes in handy with the house.

So, Covid has made it into the WH... how unfortunate.

I'll be the better person and wish him the best, even though he hasn't cared much about those 200K deaths.

He's part of the age-group that does have more risks of complications.
                  People around should at least quarantine and get themselves tested. It's the most logical thing to do.

Comment

I hope Baron is OK and not sick, even though covid usually doesn't affect children as badly, some kids can come down with some pretty severe cases and even some of the kids that had mild cases, can end up with that inflammatory complication afterwards.
                    sigpic

Comment

And some kids do die.

So everyone's at risk... any age group, some more than others.

Comment

at least that's one test Trump passed without cheating

Comment

I don't think the Covid test is one that anyone would want to cheat in.

Pompeo was negative, as were Mike Pence and his wive.

I suspect a 14-day quarantine will be maintained. Doesn't mean he can't continue to work, or rally... except it'll be from a distance like Biden did before stepping out into the open.

I sincerely hope he'll take it a bit more serious after this.

Comment

Pompeo was negative, as were Mike Pence and his wive.
                            bad news

if he takes over he'll just continue Government policy
                            like health policy depriving millions of healthcare (leaving them more vulnerable to Covid19)

how accurate are those PCR tests?

Comment

Originally posted by SoulReaver View Post
                              bad news

if he takes over he'll just continue Government policy
                              like health policy depriving millions of healthcare (leaving them more vulnerable to Covid19)

how accurate are those PCR tests?
                              You know your post is going to be deleted, right?

Comment

You know your post is going to be deleted, right?
                                no biggie it will live on in ur quote

also it was about Covid19 which is the topic so why would this perfectly ontopic post be deleted

Comment

Working...
                                X