Hawaii Five-0 (2010) - Who's watching?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello Campers,

Just started watching Hawaii Five-0.. Yes, I am a late comer..

Was watching NCIS LA and saw the cross-over episodes - wasn't impressed with Danno and Chin at the time, didn't do nothing..

Went to Mexico, and was watching Hawaii-Five O before bed, and was totally taken in by Alex O'Loughlin

I loved the banter between McGarret and Danno, so I figured what the.. bought Season 1 and borrowed Season 2 of the show, half way thru season 2, and I like it

I loved the hit McGarret gave to the IA guy and said "No one messes with my Team!" Love Navy Seals
    Richard Dean Anderson is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy!!
    sigpic
    Hawaii-Five-O-Heat-Wave-Thunk-thread-of-hotness

Comment

Aloha, Two LLs!!!

so glad you've found this reboot, and I have to agree about Alex! He makes the perfect McGarrett, and when he gets snarking with Danno - oh, they're like an old married couple!

I don't know if you've ever seen The Back Up Plan, a movie that Alex made several years ago with Jennifer Lopez. If you haven't, I can definitely recommend it!

Cate
      sigpic

...with thanks to the wonderful Bay...

Comment

Hi Cate! Hi Two LLs!

Been watching a while and looking for a good forum to thunk on, 'cause I'm shallow that way. I do love my GW buddies, though. We'll have to start a thunk thread for these characters if one isn't going already since this is more of a discussion thread.

I honestly can say that I do love this show, and not just for the eye candy, but I am a bit tired of the whole Wo Fat thing, too. And while I find Alex O to be super-hot (see my siggie and avi, plus he's the inspiration for the hero of my original WIP), I do tire of him always having the answers and Danny looking like a schlub. I totally loved the ep where Danny was out with his daughter's Campfire Girls or whatever they were
        Spoiler:
        and he came to Steve's rescue despite having a bullet removed from his shoulder under primitive conditions; it was a nice change-up to see Danny get to be a hero instead of the out of place nice guy cop.
        sigpic
        Sig by Bay, for my birthday. Find me on fanfiction.net, AO3, or fictionpress.com. If you are over 18, I invite you to read my blogs. On Blogger: Other Worlds, Other Loves On Wordpress: Other Worlds, Other Loves.
        Fennyman: "Who is that?" Henslowe: "Nobody. The author." (From Shakespeare in Love)

Comment

Hey, WW!! Aloha!!

I think we're a few eppies behind you, we've just had the amazingly poignant 9/11 episode, where Danny remembers the loss of his partner, and we learn how Grace got her name. this really was an amazing episode, one of Scott Caan's best.

Oh, and I have to agree about Steve always having the answers, which tends to leave poor Danny on the sidelines. Given Danny's years of experience, it just doesn't feel right.

Still, looking forward to discussing this great show here with you - and maybe some thunking too, once we get the thread for it?

Cate
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cate'sCorner View Post
            Hey, WW!! Aloha!!

I think we're a few eppies behind you, we've just had the amazingly poignant 9/11 episode, where Danny remembers the loss of his partner, and we learn how Grace got her name. this really was an amazing episode, one of Scott Caan's best.

Oh, and I have to agree about Steve always having the answers, which tends to leave poor Danny on the sidelines. Given Danny's years of experience, it just doesn't feel right.

Still, looking forward to discussing this great show here with you - and maybe some thunking too, once we get the thread for it?

Cate
            Last night was the end of a very long week of very long days, so I was done. Will get that up today, likely soon, and place a link here for interested parties, as well as over on the Flyboy Thunk thread.

The 9/11 ep was heart-rending, and long-overdue IMHO. Danny's not just a cop from Jersey, he's a cop from the city, which most of the time means North Jersey, so he would have been there when the attack happened. It's likely he would have known people who died in the towers or who were injured or who just barely made it out.
            Spoiler:
            We live in Florida, but we know a guy who was in the building when the first plane hit and made a run for it; his company van was flattened. He worked for the same company as my hubby, who has been trying to get into the Jersey office for years so we can be closer to my aging parents.
            The nice thing about that ep was showing the fact that life was going on--birth, death, joy, sadness--at the time of the tragedy.
            sigpic
            Sig by Bay, for my birthday. Find me on fanfiction.net, AO3, or fictionpress.com. If you are over 18, I invite you to read my blogs. On Blogger: Other Worlds, Other Loves On Wordpress: Other Worlds, Other Loves.
            Fennyman: "Who is that?" Henslowe: "Nobody. The author." (From Shakespeare in Love)

Comment

Yes, I know you've had a real week of it, my friend - hope you're finding some time to relax and unwind today.

I know 9/11 has featured in several TV shows, but I can't remember any of them using such a unique means of a storyline, contrasting the fact that Danny's life was only spared because of the sound of police cars racing to the scene of the attack. I don't know if the episode has been put forward for any awards this year, but if not, then it really deserved to be.

Cate
              sigpic

Comment

Here's the thunk thread, for any who are interested. Still in infant stages, but we'll get there.
                sigpic

Comment

News out today says that Grace Park and Daniel Dae Kim will not be returning to the show next season. They will not be appearing in even the first episode of next season.

Comment

Wh?? Anyone joining?

Comment

The article didn't say anyone else was joining. Made it sound like the cast will be reduced to Alex, James, Grover, and probably Jerry. And this will likely be the last season anyway. Alex said he didn't want to do another year, but he said that before the 8th year, too.

The reason given for the departure of Grace and Daniel was that they asked for more money (equivalent to what Alex and James were getting) and the producers refused, so they decided to leave the show.

http://www.comingsoon.net/tv/news/86...ive-o-season-8

This article does suggest that there will possibly be a new female cast member.
                      Last edited by hedwig; 01 July 2017, 09:24 PM.

Comment

I do think the show is DUE to end..

Comment

I liked it when it came out. Props to the original series, well written and definitely held my interest. For about 3 years.. After that, my interest just faded away. Never bothered to figure out why.

Comment

The past 2 seasons imo were where it's dropped off..

Comment

So, the new female cast member seems interesting. She fits right in with the rest of the gang.

Comment

yup.. A quick and easy replacement for both Kim and his sister kono..

Comment

Working...
                                X