Terra Nova Cancelled

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dag1701 View Post
    UGH............ I'm sick of investing my time into shows and they cancel them so fast now days. They used to give shows with decent ratings a chance,first seasons are always rough they seemed to understand that at one time. It started out so-so, but half way thru it got better with each episode i thought and a great finale. Flashforward, SGU i'm tired of investing in shows and then they cancel them, i think i'll wait for second seasons now then catch up if they make it. IDK.
    No they didn't. The Internet just dilutes that perception due to the vast quanties of information we have acess to
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

jelgate u are probably right. its just how i feel in general. And i'm orginal Star Trek fan, which was kept alive by fans with a shaky first season. Look what that spawned!

Comment

Star Trek was in a time when fan campaigns were hard to come by. Now a days fan campaigns are so easy they are less impressive to the executives
        Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by maneth View Post
          I wonder if 20th Century Fox is going to get the show taken up by another network, even on premium cable...
          I really don't think that they'd be interested. Terra Nova was a family orientated show with dinosaurs in, not the sort of show channels like Starz, Cinemax or HBO are interested in.

Comment

Originally posted by Morbo View Post
            the show was lame and weak.

also, why did this need a whole new thread?
            I reported the news first, then it was mentioned in the other thread.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Varifold View Post
              Yet another disgusting corporate-esque decision, and typical for the vast majority of SciFi TV series created after 2001. In light of this, I'll share a blog post which discusses a related issue,

http://www.the-spearhead.com/2009/10...marvin-minsky/
              I will quote this from the article

With women killing science fiction on television, the current generation of boys won’t have this opportunity to be inspired to work in these fields. There is still a great deal of written science fiction that is real science fiction, so all is not lost. However, many boys who would have gone on to make scientific discoveries and invent new technologies will not do so since they will never be inspired by science fiction as boys.
              So as to not bog down this thread maybe you should start the War on Science Fiction in another thread because this article raised my blood level so badly that I don't think I want to even start how wrong it is here.
              Orphan Black: Join the Clone Club Dance Party!

Comment

Originally posted by angela v View Post
                well this sucks. It was a good show to watch with the kids. My kids are not happy at all. And i hate being left on big cliffhangers.
                sgu?
                sigpic
                Ohhhhhhhh WHAM BAM THANK YOU MA'AM

Comment

Originally posted by LT. COL. John Sheppard View Post
                  sgu?
                  Terra Nova and SGU.

Comment

Originally posted by Gen. Chris View Post
                    Craig Engler, senior executive for SyFy, has posted on Twitter that Terra Nova is likely too expensive for them.

However, imagine if they do pick it up and make it better...What a ratings and exposure boost for SyFy.
                    Now that's what I call an oxymoron. I can't recall the last time that network did something smart when it came to a Sci-Fi show.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Morbo View Post
                      the show was lame and weak.

also, why did this need a whole new thread?
                      Wow...if I only had a penny....
                      sigpic

Comment

Netflix in talks to take on Terra Nova.

Netflix to the rescue…again!

Sources confirm to E! News the report that Netflix is in talks to bring the recently canceled Fox drama Terra Nova to their platform with new episodes…

MORE: Spoiler Chat Daily: Is Justin Bieber Coming to How I Met Your Mother? Plus, Death on a CW Favorite!

As first reported by Deadline.com, Netflix is looking to bring the dinosaur adventure show back from the dead. According to our source, it's only preliminary conversations at this point andit's not yet clear whether a deal will happen. Translation: Don't get too excited just yet, Terra Nova fans.

Fox announced they would not be renewing the Stephen Spielberg-produced series on Monday, but the studio was shopping it around other networks to try and find a new home. This would not be the first time the streaming service would rescue a Fox show from the TV graveyard: Arrested Development will return with new episodes on Netflix, for which we are forever grateful.

Netflix did not respond to our request for comment.

Do you think Netflix should resuce the series? Or should Terra Nova remain extinct? You're welcome for waiting this long to make the way-too-easy extinct pun, by the way.

Read more: http://ca.eonline.com/news/watch_wit...#ixzz1oYuUrdRW

http://ca.eonline.com/news/watch_wit...mdb_topstories
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by magictrick View Post
                          Netflix in talks to take on Terra Nova.

http://ca.eonline.com/news/watch_wit...mdb_topstories

Ahhh...the glimmer of hope...
                          sigpic

Comment

And the third stage of grief, Bargaining
                            Jelgate is right

Comment

Until there is actual reason to, I am not getting my hopes up. IMO, this show did deserve a second season though.
                              sigpic
                              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                              "...phu...ah..."
                              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Netflix COULD partner with SyFy and do what NBC and DirecTV did with Friday Night Lights and they could both produce the series, with Netflix getting to "air" it first and then it airs on SyFy later...

Idk if it could work on the same principle as it did with FNL, where it got 3 more seasons, but it shouldn't be impossible...
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X