Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where is the Gate on Earth (terra) in the original movie?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where is the Gate on Earth (terra) in the original movie?

Where was the gate on Earth in the original movie? Was it in Colorado like in SG1? Also where in Colorado was SGC? Near what city?
    Hello
    I like Daniel. Why is there not a simple heart emoji? I got a crush on Daniel. I think I always did.

It's in Cheyenne mountain, near Colorado Springs.
    sigpic
    ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
    A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
    The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Okay, I did just find the timeline at the main section of this site. So according to that StarGate movie was supposed to take place in 1996 not 1994 when the movie came out?
      Hello
      I like Daniel. Why is there not a simple heart emoji? I got a crush on Daniel. I think I always did.

Comment

Not sure, been awhile since I watched the movie.
        sigpic
        ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
        A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
        The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by Bad Wolf the Artist View Post
          Okay, I did just find the timeline at the main section of this site. So according to that StarGate movie was supposed to take place in 1996 not 1994 when the movie came out?
          When the movie came out in 1994 it was assumed to be set in the same year. When the show came along in 1997, it explicitly said that the events of the movie were one year prior, retconning the film to be in 1996 instead of ‘94. Just a little revision.
          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

More accurately, within the context of the movie the stargate is at "Creek Mountain", Colorado, a fictional nuclear missile silo. They changed this for SG-1 to a fictionalized secret former Cold War missile silo at the real Cheyenne Mountain Complex.

As for the year, the movie took place in 1994. They used the caption "Present Day" (which can usually be inferred as the year the movie was released in). But the series began in 1997 and stated the events from the movie happened "one year ago". That doesn't have to specifically mean exactly one year, it could be slightly more so that it could've happened in 1995. We don't know the exact dates of events, just the years. And as far as I know while most seem to agree on 1996 there still isn't a general consensus about it as I also still come across references to 1995.

Comment

I couldn't remember all the details, but thanks for the explanation, NickEast. I haven't seen the Stargate movie for years. Somehow I have become a fan of SG-1, but the original movie was only okay. I doubt I have seen it more than five times. : heretic : (Or maybe I was emotionally scarred as a Goa'uld that my former master, the great, the noble, the rightful ruler of the galacy, the Supreme Sytemlord Ra was defeated so easily.... )
              "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Working...
              X