Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zainea13 View Post
    [...]
    Also, when the shuttle hit the mountain it should have started to spin out of control. But it didn't.
    Yeah, that stood out like a sore thumb. Baaaad. Pretty CGI though.
    Here's an in-show explanation that could work (not that I believe it): Scott said that only "half of the systems are down" - so the stabilizers were still active, and the surface of the mountain side wasn't hard enough to offer any significant resistance, considering the huge weight of the shuttle and its momentum.
    But you're right, it could have been done a lot better.

And I'm seriously annoyed that they lost their only shuttle. So many situations, CGI shots, actions scenes that won't be possible anymore. Darn.
    Carter: "The singularity is about to explode!"

Comment

Well a crash scene was a complete failure. First of all this ship has no aerodynamics what so ever and it glides? And secondly I doubt that the mass of the shuttle is couple hundred thousand of tons. I mean even if that massive object would hit the mountain like that it would enter the spin.
      The cake is a lie...

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Carter's Boy View Post
          that could be the Shuttle from "Faith"

Comment

Originally posted by Barroth View Post
            that could be the Shuttle from "Faith"
            TJ went with them to "Faith" remember, they left them there and took the shuttle back

Comment

They left one shuttle, and came back on the other.

Comment

Originally posted by KEK View Post
                They left one shuttle, and came back on the other.
                a shuttle that won't be going to space ever again

Comment

We'll see.

Comment

Maybe we'll see some early design puddle jumpers. Would definitely increase the amount of resources they can hunt for in each window.

Comment

Originally posted by sg1fan View Post
                      I'd say the chances are very good that they will find a shuttle on the seeder ship. I have a feeling the seeder ship is going to be a treasure trove of supplies, weapons, and ancient tech. It's going to be the JACKPOT!
                      That i bet. And if nothing else, the power/knowledge it brings is going to keep rush busy for a while.

Yeah, that stood out like a sore thumb. Baaaad. Pretty CGI though.
                      Here's an in-show explanation that could work (not that I believe it): Scott said that only "half of the systems are down" - so the stabilizers were still active, and the surface of the mountain side wasn't hard enough to offer any significant resistance, considering the huge weight of the shuttle and its momentum.
                      The part that got me was if it went out of power, how come the comms worked?

a shuttle that won't be going to space ever again
                      Perhaps in the time since then thye managed to fix it... Or those who helped by providing shelter did.

Comment

Considering how there are several shots of the destiny without its shuttle, i'm assuming they'll be without a shuttle for a while.

Comment

Well, the Seeder ships need some way of actually depositing a new Stargate on a planet. Given that we have never seen any evidence that the Ancients have anything like Asgard beaming technology - or something similar that would allow a Seeder ship to transport a gate to the surface without something like rings at the destination - it seems likely that there are "cargo craft" or "gate delivery ships" aboard the Seeder ships. But if they are designed for the sole purpose of delivering gates from an unmanned Seeder craft, it seems doubtful that they would be configured for a crew. I would guess they are little more than a skeletal framework of drive, shield, and control systems, with the gate riding outside.

No need for an unmanned ship to carry manned shuttles, except as replacements for Destiny herself...which would mean that the Seeders were designed as resupply ships as well. Given that Destiny is out of range of any sort of Ancient repair facility, perhaps that makes some sense. Perhaps when Destiny is in need of supplies and/or major repairs, she sends a subspace message ahead and tells a Seeder to stop and wait for her...something I suppose we'll be able to confirm or deny very shortly.

Comment

Well gates can survive being hit by asteroids, so maybe they just eject them towards the planet? They land where they land. It does have a platform and the gate, so maybe the platform is a small lander craft.

Comment

He lost helm control and drive power, but he did very conspicuously remark that he lost half the systems, not just "i lost power" or "everything's dead".

Obviously, like it was mentioned above, things like attitude stabilizers and "repulsorlift", for the lack of a better term, were still powered. The shuttle itself would be incapable of gliding aerodynamically, and should have fallen like a rock if it was completely dead. Likewise, apparently the attitude stabilizers had enough power to compensate for the torsion from the nacelle clipping the mountain.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow_7 View Post
                                Well gates can survive being hit by asteroids, so maybe they just eject them towards the planet? They land where they land. It does have a platform and the gate, so maybe the platform is a small lander craft.
                                That's what I think too. I'm thinking it'll be like the Mars lander.

Comment

Working...
                                X