No announcement yet.

Am i missing something

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There might be some sort of a rule that at least one ship has to stay in the MW at all times.

spoilers for AoT:
    Spoiler:
    In AoT the Apollo is in orbit around Earth while the Oddy is in the Ori galaxy.

Comment

Originally posted by jdbond View Post
      hmmm..and I am pretty sure that ZPM is a power source while core is like information repository (plus a CORE). So I wonder what made you compare those two unless you think Asgard core is some kind of power source!!

Being that Thor said that now that they have the Asgard core they don't need the ZPM, yea. Power source. And I assumed the power generation was what ya were saying we don't want the Asurans to get.

Originally posted by jdbond View Post
      They learned to make that plasma weapon from core and put it on all those ships. Thats how I see it. Afterall, core is just a whole lot of information. It was in Odyssey because there was no other option but other ships don't need core if they can simply use the information in the core to build weapons and stuff.
      The Core does alot of different stuff besides just hold info. The power generation is likely needed to power the weapons and shields. I don't think our Naquadah reactors could do it.

Comment

Originally posted by RepliVeggie View Post
        Being that Thor said that now that they have the Asgard core they don't need the ZPM, yea. Power source. And I assumed the power generation was what ya were saying we don't want the Asurans to get.
        Thor never said anything like that.
        I think you're referring to this:

Thor: The Asgard computer core is equipped with it's own powersource that will not infringe on your ship's zpm.

The Asgard core is a computer. It has it's own powersource, a very long lasting battery and that's all. It does not power the ship's systems only the computer core.

Comment

Originally posted by Darien View Post
          Thor never said anything like that.
          I think you're referring to this:

Thor: The Asgard computer core is equipped with it's own powersource that will not infringe on your ship's zpm.

The Asgard core is a computer. It has it's own powersource, a very long lasting battery and that's all. It does not power the ship's systems only the computer core.
          I gotta disagree. I may be wrong but I don't see how we could power such advanced weapons and shields. We don't have ZPMs for every ship.

Comment

Originally posted by RepliVeggie View Post
            I gotta disagree. I may be wrong but I don't see how we could power such advanced weapons and shields. We don't have ZPMs for every ship.
            No we don't. I don't know how we power the Apollo and Daedalus now it's possible we were able to find a way to enhance our naq generators with asgard knowledge or create a new powersource based on what we learnt from the comp core. But this does not change the fact that the Asgard core IS a computer not a powersource.

Comment

Prometheus was powered by naqahdah generators, presumably much larger than the small ones we see in Atlantis, though a Mark II naqahdah generator could power Atlantis' chair platform in lieu of a ZPM so they might not have to be too big anymore.

It's reasonable to assume that the 304s are powered in the same or similar manner.

Comment

Working...
              X