No announcement yet.

Vengeance (319)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just watched it. Very good episode. One of the best.

Hey, don't bother that nobody mention Carson. The situation was sooo screwed for the Atlantis team so they didn't have time to think about Carson.

About the Vengeance

- Michael looked very, VERY angry and who can blame him??
    - He also looked older. I wonder why. May be because of the experiments with the retro virus he can no longed feed in a right way?!
    - Rodney said that Michael is very smart. There was a guess that he has been a scientist before. One of the best.
    - For the first time the hive is mentioned as a family.
    - There were some Alien like creatures.
    - Michael said he is lonely and want to continue his life but not as a human.
    - I really felt sorrow when I was watching Michael in this episode. It seems the bad guy wasn't he but some other people with interesting sense of double standarts' morality.
    LONG LIVE THE WRAITH!
    Member of the Wraith' Defenders Club
    http://petitionspot.com/petitions/wraithrights/
    My fan fiction

Comment

Originally posted by Rudeljaeger View Post
      You are not going to watch the entire show until in an Episode somebody says something like "ohhhh remember Carson, wasnt he a poor guy..." ?????

<mod snip>
      I understand what the complaints are. Carson was the focus of the "Michael" story arc and for Michael not to even mention him is strange, since Michael doesn't know he is gone. In fact, when I heard Carson was being written out, I assumed it would be by Michael's hand. It certainly would have been a better swan song than an exploding tumor.
      Last edited by Skydiver; 30 January 2007, 07:01 AM.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Originally posted by female Wraith View Post
        - I really felt sorrow when I was watching Michael in this episode. It seems the bad guy wasn't he but some other people with interesting sense of double standarts' morality.
        i agree he was a randomn wraith that was part of a expertiumant that at the time there didn't think it would lead to this.

this was a good epsiode glad to see connor again this has been a good arc with micheal. he did look differnt in this epsiode.......i was mad that ...again there didn't mention carson
        Last edited by Pharaoh Atem; 30 January 2007, 05:46 AM.
        https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure View Post
          I understand what the complaints are. Carson was the focus of the "Michael" story arc and for Michael not to even mention him is strange, since Michael doesn't know he is gone. In fact, when I heard Carson was being written out, I assumed it would be by Michael's hand. It certainly would have been a better swan song than an exploding tumor.
          Hey I do not have problems with the complains, but with stop watching the show because of this. I mean, does SGA only consists of Carson? This Episode was obviously very interesting if you look at the other posts, so why miss this fun just because some stupid freaking sentence was missing where they cry after Carson...

Comment

Hey I do not have problems with the complains, but with stop watching the show because of this. I mean, does SGA only consists of Carson? This Episode was obviously very interesting if you look at the other posts, so why miss this fun just because some stupid freaking sentence was missing where they cry after Carson...

I think everyone's just talking about believabilty here. Not mentioning Carson in Submersion makes sense. They don't have to go all "BOO HOO" every time they go off-world, etc. But to bring back a story arc where Carson was a very integral part and not even mention him? That just doesn't make any sense.
            McKay : (incredibly high pitched) HEEEY! IT'S MISTER MOM! How are the kids??

Zelenka: Do not even SPEAK to me.

Comment

Would you watch if YOUR favorite character was removed? Of course not, because the writers LOVE McKay and will NEVER write him off like they did Ford and Beckett. I'm not a McKay fan--I won't be tuning in to watch either.

Comment

Originally posted by ata_beckett View Post
                I think everyone's just talking about believabilty here.
                Nope. At least two guys (or girls) want to stop watching until he is mentioned in one Episode.

Comment

Nope. At least two guys (or girls) want to stop watching until he is mentioned in one Episode.
                  HAH. I'll rephrase that.

SOME of us are just talking about believability here.
                  McKay : (incredibly high pitched) HEEEY! IT'S MISTER MOM! How are the kids??

Zelenka: Do not even SPEAK to me.

Comment

I'm not at all without sympathy over the exit of Carson, but I must ask that we stick to the thread topic -- "Vegeance," and what was in it. It's been made clear that there was no mention of Carson, so let's move on. On topic.

Thanks!
                    GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
                    The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
                    Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

WhooHoo! That was goooood!

Well, okay, the creatures looked kind of cheesy, but that kind of reminded me of old-school Dr Who in a way.

I like where they've gone with Michael. Someone mentionned that he was like Ford 2.0, but I don't think this is the case. Ford was throughout evey episode he was in, a young soldier who didn't think his way through most situations. Michael, on the other hand, is now fleshed out as a wraith scientist-type. I think he almost had sympathy for Carson, which is IMO why he didn't sound as harsh when referring to "your doctor". He has shown himself to be a very tactical careful person and he could be an interesting enemy.

I loved the rifts that showed up between the team members. You could totally see that if they weren't in the situation of the moment, Ronon would have smacked John around a little for being unwilling to kill Michael. And Teyla was exactly the opposite, understanding that Michaels life is hell and it's their fault. Weir looked quite spooked at the end, too. I wonder how that's going to turn out?
                      Visit these links:
                      Doctors without Borders --- Amnesty International --- ICotRC --- UNICEF --- Oxfam
                      ______________________________________________________________________________

In the democracy of the dead all men at last are equal.
                      There is neither rank nor station nor prerogative in the republic of the grave.
                      ~John James Ingalls

Geek Forever!!!!!!!

Comment

Finally an episode where i like Ronan the most. His "well i was gonna say blow it up, but your idea is better" line had me rollin. Great ep for him, and I was happy to see Micheal back again. They never had a really good shot of those bugs, which sucks. And they let Ronan keep the only 2 effective weapons (his gun and the sword). I thought he was gonna give the sword to Rodney because he was teaching him how to use it in the beginning of the episode.
                        Cream Cheese, the people's cheese.

Comment

Originally posted by kimaken View Post
                          Would you watch if YOUR favorite character was removed? Of course not, because the writers LOVE McKay and will NEVER write him off like they did Ford and Beckett. I'm not a McKay fan--I won't be tuning in to watch either.
                          Of course not?

Haha.

I'm wont quit watching one of my favorite TV shows just because my favorite character gets killed off. Stuff like that happens. But its not one of my favorite TV shows because of the 1 character, its because of ALL the characters.
                          Cream Cheese, the people's cheese.

Comment

This was the usual poor showing I've grown to expect from SGA. Lots of running around and shooting things but no tension whatsoever even when Tayla's facing imminent death. Naturally all the cannon fodder, sorry, "marines" die while the heroes escape even though they once again behave like idiots.

I do have sort of grown to like Michael and I found his justification for the experiment quite believable. Frankly, I think I'm going to start rooting for him and hope he manages to wipe out the idiots at Atlantis.

Oh, and not mentioning Carson? Absolutely pathetic from the writers, but no less than I expected.

Edit: It's always fun to notice how the creatures-of-the-week become weaker the further along the episode is. In the beginning the team can't kill one no matter what they do, while in the end Ronan's supergun takes them out with one shot.
                            "I would rather have a show that a hundred people need to see than a thousand people like to see." - Joss Whedon
                            "It's strange to have a creation out there: A deeply mutated version of yourself, running loose and screwing everything up. I wonder if this is how parents feel." - Dexter

Comment

Good episode, I liked it . I liked the reference to the Alien movie because that's what I thought a moment before Sheppard mentionned it.
                              I just found that the team is always a little naive when they face a dangerous situation , as they do not have the experience of the three past years.
                              Michael is a good and interesting "bad guy" . I liked the atmosphere in this episode .

Comment

Originally posted by Domesticated Equine View Post
                                Oh, and not mentioning Carson? Absolutely pathetic from the writers, but no less than I expected.
                                1. He was mentionned. Unless "your doctor" is someone else.

2. The Atlantis team didn't mention him, but I actually found that to be quite believable. I think the fact of Carson being dead has people viewing the situation differently than they would otherwise. If they had time to go back to Atlantis and try and analyse Michael's data and didn't mention him, that would be one thing. But this... even if Carson was alive, it's very unlikely he'd get a direct mention in the middle of a battle (which this essentially was). The team would have been focused on the situation at hand and how to get out of it alive, and deal with the rest of it later. That is entirely realistic in terms of real military situations.
                                Visit these links:
                                Doctors without Borders --- Amnesty International --- ICotRC --- UNICEF --- Oxfam
                                ______________________________________________________________________________

In the democracy of the dead all men at last are equal.
                                There is neither rank nor station nor prerogative in the republic of the grave.
                                ~John James Ingalls

Geek Forever!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X