Kill someone!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jack_Bauer View Post
    Good, clean, fun? What show haveyou been watching? In the first episode of SG1, Sha're had her clothes ripped off her and implanted with a Goa'uld. In the next episode we saw Kawalsky get killed because of the Larval Goa'uld in his head, by having the back of his head cut off from the Event Horizon. Further down the track we see Daniel killed by radiation poisoning and Jack murdered and revived over and over again by Ba'al, and this is only a few examples which have springed to mind so far...

@Col.Foley, nah i havn't seen Five Brothers but i just read the wikipedia summary of it and sounds interesting!
    Best Episode of the series. And one of my favorite hours of TV ever. I loved it, despite what happened.
    You bring up a terrible point though about SG-1, I think Check and mate. Oh well.

Comment

Originally posted by Col.Foley View Post
      Best Episode of the series. And one of my favorite hours of TV ever. I loved it, despite what happened.
      You bring up a terrible point though about SG-1, I think Check and mate. Oh well.
      lol now i want to see it! It is a good show, the Unit, especially with DH and that bloke that played Sumner in Rising.

i dunno if it was a terrible aspect of SG1 which i brought up, I think it shows the balance TPTB used to be able to implement in their shows. While there were the aspects i spoke of, there was a lot of light humour and moral discussion which was uplifitng.
      Meh.

Comment

lol now i want to see it! It is a good show, the Unit, especially with DH and that bloke that played Sumner in Rising.

i dunno if it was a terrible aspect of SG1 which i brought up, I think it shows the balance TPTB used to be able to implement in their shows. While there were the aspects i spoke of, there was a lot of light humour and moral discussion which was uplifitng.
        Yeah, they are good. My fav character is the guy played by Scott Foley.
        Not terrible as in bad...terrible as in...well....I don't know really...but it is not a bad thing. Just that most people, me included, consider SG- to be a pure, sometimes swashbuckling, sometimes, old fashioned space adventure, that brings up moral dilenmas on the way through the universe.

Comment

Originally posted by Col.Foley View Post
          Yeah, they are good. My fav character is the guy played by Scott Foley.
          Not terrible as in bad...terrible as in...well....I don't know really...but it is not a bad thing. Just that most people, me included, consider SG- to be a pure, sometimes swashbuckling, sometimes, old fashioned space adventure, that brings up moral dilenmas on the way through the universe.
          I know what you mean, and your right, overall SG1 was all that, but in the early years it really kept that realism. Heroes PArts 1 nd 2 spring to mind. A lot of people really hate that epi for a number of reasons, the death of Frasier one of them, but i loved it, i thought it was realistic and really gave the audience a sense of perspective about what the life of an SGC officer would be like.
          Meh.

Comment

I know what you mean, and your right, overall SG1 was all that, but in the early years it really kept that realism. Heroes PArts 1 nd 2 spring to mind. A lot of people really hate that epi for a number of reasons, the death of Frasier one of them, but i loved it, i thought it was realistic and really gave the audience a sense of perspective about what the life of an SGC officer would be like.
            Yeah, I loved it to.

Comment

No thanks, there has been more than enough main character deaths already.

If they really wanted to kill someone, it should have been Daniel Jackson in "The Lost Tribe"; at least it would have spared us a long and absolute tediousness.
              My Stargate Atlantis fanfictions - Wraith font
              Todd contacts Atlantis once more... (spoilers up to season 4) 1. Glimpse Into the Evil | 2. Of Wraith and Men (in progress)
              sigpic

Comment

The enemies aren't threatening because they're written like bumbling fools. A main cast member being killed by bumbling fools isn't going to do anything except make the team look like bumbling fools too.

TPTB need to stop with the cut rate wigs and makeup on the Wraith and write more complicated plots that don't rely on the team breaking out of the same Wraith hive ship over and over again

Comment

There is no doubt that the sense of fear towards the Wraith and basically any enemy that approaches the Expedition members, is gone!

So i say to TPTB, KILL A REGULAR CHARACTER (for good ). Dont kill a redshirt, that does nothing, dont kill a reaccuring, like Heightmeyer, cos it doesn;t leave a long lasting effect, KILL Sheppard, KILL McKay, KILL Teyla, or even KILL Ronin, that would create fear, he is the toughest man apparently.

When the Wraith stun someone these days, it's:
                  hmmm lets put them in a cell, let them break out and destroy a Hive and escape as easy as you like!

This diminishes an enemy and the show.

I say again:
                  KILL SOMEONE!
                  KILL KELLER!!!!!!

In all seriousness I would have to ask, why bother? The show has killed major characters off and never delt with the grief that should have followed. Daniel died and ascended and that was the closest tptb ever came to dealing with the impact of death and even that was half-ass.

Seriously, kill Teyla? Why? She's already a walking zombie with no real purpose. might as well kill a red shirt. Kill Ronon...ditto! He's a red shirt for the most part. Kill Rodney? Boy I would like to see that but then we wouldn't have a show...Since everything is Rodney based. Kill Sheppard? How would that impact the show? We know about Rodney and Keller anyways.

The show has killed off: Carson Beckett, Elizabeth weir and Lt Ford. All were regular character, not re-occurring and tptb FAILED to address the loses. How would killing off another character fix that problem when we already know the loss will not be addressed.

TPTB might as well just destroy Atlantis and scatter the people throughout the galaxy. it would be more interesting than the crap we currently got.

Originally posted by Laura Dove View Post
                  No thanks, there has been more than enough main character deaths already.

If they really wanted to kill someone, it should have been Daniel Jackson in "The Lost Tribe"; at least it would have spared us a long and absolute tediousness.
                  But killing Daniel has become a joke. He NEVER actually dies. If the writers wanted a fan-fit-throwing event they should have killed (for good) mckay.
                  Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

I wouldn't want to see more characters die either, especially when the only characters that are killed off are those that the writers no longer want to write for.

If they really want to shake things up then they should kill their favorites, Rodney and Keller, because with those two gone the writers would be forced to come up with storylines (other than 1 token episode a season) for the other characters.
                    sigpic
                    Sig by Luciana

Comment

Originally posted by fumblesmcstupid View Post
                      Rumor has that they are!
                      Source?
                      JM mentioned it in his blog that there's a (possible) character death this season.

Comment

Originally posted by naamiaiset View Post
                        JM mentioned it in his blog that there's a (possible) character death this season.
                        What is a possible character death? Because, the way I see it, they've already killed the McKay character this season. Is that what JM is possibly referring to?
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sblade View Post
                          What is a possible character death? Because, the way I see it, they've already killed the McKay character this season. Is that what JM is possibly referring to?
                          I'm wrong, it wasn't in JM's blog. I found the post:

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....postcount=1798

Comment

I'd really prefer they didn't.
                            "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

There is no doubt that the sense of fear towards the Wraith and basically any enemy that approaches the Expedition members, is gone!

So i say to TPTB, KILL A REGULAR CHARACTER (for good ). Dont kill a redshirt, that does nothing, dont kill a reaccuring, like Heightmeyer, cos it doesn;t leave a long lasting effect, KILL Sheppard, KILL McKay, KILL Teyla, or even KILL Ronin, that would create fear, he is the toughest man apparently.

When the Wraith stun someone these days, it's:
                              hmmm lets put them in a cell, let them break out and destroy a Hive and escape as easy as you like!

This diminishes an enemy and the show.

I say again:
                              KILL SOMEONE!
                              I think I see where you are coming from, and I agree with your goal, but not your methods. As others have pointed out, three series regulars have been killed off. They should have used them. If they had consistently written the Wraith as dangerously as they wrote them in Season 1, and threw in some character deaths to the show's main adversary (rather than to an exploding tumor... Yeah, that still makes me stop and go, "What?", death by nanite consumption/death by jumper crash/death by digital ascension/death by space gating/is she really dead???, or by suicidal delusion via Wraith enzyme), then it really would have intensified the conflict. Each time the Wraith would kill one of our people, it would have only fueled the adversarial flames all the more, IMHO...

There have been WAY too many cast changes for my tastes over the past two seasons, and I can't say that I'd support more, especially that the show has been canned. I suspect that the Wraith problem will be dealt with in the first movie, thus tying up that storyline rather than banking on getting a second, third, forth, etc. movie to wrap it up. They could leave a few Wraith factions that could pop up in future movies though.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackie View Post

In all seriousness I would have to ask, why bother? The show has killed major characters off and never delt with the grief that should have followed. Daniel died and ascended and that was the closest tptb ever came to dealing with the impact of death and even that was half-ass.
                                Frasier?
                                Meh.

Comment

Working...
                                X