No announcement yet.

Chevron 7.2 - February 2009

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Argh! I gave them my uni address for the ticket number but I'm still at my parent's! (I was in York yesterday )

Must get on to my housemates to keep hold of any post for me
    What we do in life echoes in eternity - Gladiator vghUp the Blades!

Comment

Haven't gotten an email yet, but I'll give them a few more days....
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Vecturist View Post
        I think I'm wearing jeans, a nice shirt, and a velvet blazer or vest for the drink reception. I've also got a nice beaded top, but it's sleeveless... I'm only bringing a backpack, so that's kind of limiting.
        Same here. I can only bring normal day clothing, no adapted ones for the parties.

Originally posted by Pegasus_SGA View Post
        The only problem I have with corsets is that i'm not exactly tiny. And i'd hate for there to be an embarrassing accident.. if you know what I mean, that, and I swear i've got bat wings for arms. But it's so pretty. I think I need a second opinion on the corset. Anyone?? Hehe

I'm still debating whether to drive down, or go on the train. I don't really want to drive from Liverpool to Bedford on my own, but the train won't get me back until about 11pm and that's leaving about 5pm.. and with crutches... hmmm oh I don't know now.

If someone needs a lift from Liverpool, let me know and i'll drive down. If not I guess it'll have to be the train.
        I'm guessing that's Liverpool as in the city right? Because we could use a lift from Liverpool St in London

Exactly! I think I'm going to be nervous enough chatting with JF, I don't want to be worrying about what I'm wearing!
        My thoughts exactly

Originally posted by rhymer View Post
        Chatting with JF. Chatting with JF... OMG, you just sent me into a paroxysm of nervousness just by reading it.
        *gets giddy*

And now a very strange question maybe, but it's something that I've been laying awake from How does it work with bags/coats and all that? Do they have a wardrobe or something like that? For example with the parties at night, not very handy carrying around your coat and bag

But on the other hand, I'm only bringing one small suitcase, so I do need a bag for my wallet, and such for during the day.. I might bring a small bag within the bag if that's possible.. Newbie here with newbie nerves
        Sigs by me, CazzBlade, Luciana, csom, scifan, sgmajorshipper, x_stargatergirl_x and LJ's glaringcandle
        Save Our Seeker!
        LotS on LJ.

Comment

Originally posted by SanGate View Post
          And now a very strange question maybe, but it's something that I've been laying awake from How does it work with bags/coats and all that? Do they have a wardrobe or something like that? For example with the parties at night, not very handy carrying around your coat and bag

But on the other hand, I'm only bringing one small suitcase, so I do need a bag for my wallet, and such for during the day.. I might bring a small bag within the bag if that's possible.. Newbie here with newbie nerves
          That doesn't sound like a strange question to me at all. I can't help you with it, since I'm a newbie myself, but it's something I've been worrying about, too. I'm staying a mile away (Edwardian House Hotel) so I expect I'll be wandering over to the con in the morning with everything I need to last me until midnight or beyond - which might include a complete change of clothing. I'm certainly hoping there's a readily-accessible cloakroom in the hotel for dumping stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by rhymer View Post
            That doesn't sound like a strange question to me at all. I can't help you with it, since I'm a newbie myself, but it's something I've been worrying about, too. I'm staying a mile away (Edwardian House Hotel) so I expect I'll be wandering over to the con in the morning with everything I need to last me until midnight or beyond - which might include a complete change of clothing. I'm certainly hoping there's a readily-accessible cloakroom in the hotel for dumping stuff.
            Thanks for the reassurance rhymer! We're staying at the Premier Inn, which is about 3 miles away, so there's no opportunity for us to go back and forth between the afternoon and the evening to change clothing, so I'll try and stuff another bag into the suitcase
            Sigs by me, CazzBlade, Luciana, csom, scifan, sgmajorshipper, x_stargatergirl_x and LJ's glaringcandle
            Save Our Seeker!
            LotS on LJ.

Comment

Definitely a good idea to bring with you a small yet comfortable shoulder bag that you can carry round with you with all the stuff you need for during the day. I've not been to the Bedford con before but from experience at two Wolf cons, even when staying in the con hotel you don't want to be constantly running back and forth to your room for stuff. So you need a bag big enough for your purse/wallet, camera, notebook, any items you want signed, maybe some snacks, etc etc... preferably also big enough to carry a folder in which to keep the photos from the photo sessions etc (this is a top tip for con newbies - you don't want your photos and/or signed headshots etc getting bent and ruined so it's a good idea to have an A4 sized hardbacked folder (e.g. a ring binder one with plastic pockets in it) in which to put them).

As for coats and change of clothing etc... I don't recall there being a specific cloakroom at the Wolf cons... although they do operate a kind of cloakroom system when you go for the photo sessions where you leave the bag/coat behind the desk and they give you a ticket for it.

I would think the best idea, rather than carrying coats and particularly change of clothing around all day, would be to ask someone in the con hotel if you could leave your change of clothes etc in their room - there's got to be quite a few of us GWers staying at the con hotel and I'm sure people would be fine with you dumping coat and clothes in their room and probably even going back there with them to get changed for the evening?
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Alipeeps View Post
                I would think the best idea, rather than carrying coats and particularly change of clothing around all day, would be to ask someone in the con hotel if you could leave your change of clothes etc in their room - there's got to be quite a few of us GWers staying at the con hotel and I'm sure people would be fine with you dumping coat and clothes in their room and probably even going back there with them to get changed for the evening?
                Good idea Ali
                sigpic

Comment

Thanks so much Ali!!!! *huggles* Not sure if I'll be able to get a bag that can fit A4 into it, but I can always try I've also thought of about other people who are in the con hotel to bring your bag to them, so that would be great if that was possible!!!

Thanks again hun
                  Save Our Seeker!
                  LotS on LJ.

Comment

omg!
                    i've just received the mail about the photos .. this is so rude, charge us twice if i want to be in a pic with my boyfriend ...

quote:

With regards to the photo sessions - you will be able to buy tickets for these at the event itself, providing they have not sold out online beforehand.

All photo sessions are with one actor only.

If you require a photo with one actor, but say for example both you and Adam in the same photo, then you will BOTH need to have purchased a photo ticket. You will then be given two copies of the photo.

Comment

Thanks so much Ali!!!! *huggles* Not sure if I'll be able to get a bag that can fit A4 into it, but I can always try I've also thought of about other people who are in the con hotel to bring your bag to them, so that would be great if that was possible!!!

Thanks again hun
                      I have a really good bag that actually cost me about £2.99 from Ikea! It's what I would call "record bag" sized and is big enough to fit an AF folder in and has a long shoulder strap so you can just out the strap over your head and sling it over your chest and leave it there.

Originally posted by Torri012 View Post
                      omg!
                      i've just received the mail about the photos .. this is so rude, charge us twice if i want to be in a pic with my boyfriend ...

quote:

With regards to the photo sessions - you will be able to buy tickets for these at the event itself, providing they have not sold out online beforehand.

All photo sessions are with one actor only.

If you require a photo with one actor, but say for example both you and Adam in the same photo, then you will BOTH need to have purchased a photo ticket. You will then be given two copies of the photo.
                      As I said above hon, it's standard policy for any photo sessions at cons. You pay PER PERSON having the photo taken - so if there's two of you in the photo, you have to buy a ticket for each of you. It's not charging you twice as, as they say in the email above, you will receive two copies of the photo. So really, it's no different than each of you posing separately with the actor and getting 1 print out of the picture. You still get two pictures, just both the same with both of you posing with the actor.
                      sigpic

Comment

As I said above hon, it's standard policy for any photo sessions at cons. You pay PER PERSON having the photo taken - so if there's two of you in the photo, you have to buy a ticket for each of you. It's not charging you twice as, as they say in the email above, you will receive two copies of the photo. So really, it's no different than each of you posing separately with the actor and getting 1 print out of the picture. You still get two pictures, just both the same with both of you posing with the actor.
                        well, at the last Wolfevent we've been both on the same pic and we just payed 1 person we got only one print but that doesnt matter because copying the pic costs about 10p or so ^^

i just think its unfair to charge 15 pounds more coz they just print the picture twice

Comment

I have a really good bag that actually cost me about £2.99 from Ikea! It's what I would call "record bag" sized and is big enough to fit an AF folder in and has a long shoulder strap so you can just out the strap over your head and sling it over your chest and leave it there.
                          Off to Ikea it is It still needs to fit though.. Well, I'll look around for a good one Maybe I can find a linnen one that can be folded easily, but can also storage my wallet and papers and such
                          Save Our Seeker!
                          LotS on LJ.

Comment

Off to Ikea it is It still needs to fit though.. Well, I'll look around for a good one Maybe I can find a linnen one that can be folded easily, but can also storage my wallet and papers and such
                            Here in the US we'd call that a messenger bag (bike messengers use them).

I haven't thought about packing yet - and I'll add I haven't bought plane tickets yet because I still need to clear my teaching schedule with the prof I TA for. Oh well, that will happen this week ad at least plane tickets have dropped again.
                            sigpic

Comment

Here in the US we'd call that a messenger bag (bike messengers use them).
                              Oh!! Duh!! Of course, those *looks at her own* I doubt that fits.. but we can always try I could always already pack it full with stuff right, and then put it in the suitcase as an extra outside layer within?

I haven't thought about packing yet - and I'll add I haven't bought plane tickets yet because I still need to clear my teaching schedule with the prof I TA for. Oh well, that will happen this week ad at least plane tickets have dropped again.
                              I hope you'll get it settled soon Vec!!
                              Save Our Seeker!
                              LotS on LJ.

Comment

Originally posted by Torri012 View Post
                                well, at the last Wolfevent we've been both on the same pic and we just payed 1 person we got only one print but that doesnt matter because copying the pic costs about 10p or so ^^

i just think its unfair to charge 15 pounds more coz they just print the picture twice
                                As far as I was aware, it's usually the same policy at Wolf.. one photo ticket per person. Maybe you were just lucky last time?

The one I have is slightly stiff fabric and when empty would fold up pretty easy or just lay flat on top of everything else in a suitcase.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X