This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carter wil command SG-1

i am getting te feeling that Carter will command SG-1 simply because CAmeron seems soeagar to be under her control and he seems to be someone who doesn't care.
    i just love to give and recieve GREENS

avalon pt 1
    Spoiler:
    They quite clearly stated that cameron was the leader of SG1
    gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
    so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
    love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by qasimjavid
      avalon pt 1
      Spoiler:
      They quite clearly stated that cameron was the leader of SG1
      Spoiler:

They also quite clearly stated that Cameron was the sole member of SG-me.
      I don't believe we're going to see Daniel or Teal'c rejoining SG-1 until Sam returns and only then will we find out which direction the writers choose to go.
      They have definitely written this to be a draw for the show for as long as possible.

Comment

He is what he is and people returning shouldnt affect that
        gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
        so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
        love Torri

Comment

I believe Joe Mallozzi has stated in pretty clear terms that
          Spoiler:
          Mitchell will lead SG1.
          I don't believe there should be any room for debate on this subject.

Comment

ok point taken but i still think she will command SG-1 although i do hope she doesn't but thats another matter.
            i just love to give and recieve GREENS

Comment

Originally posted by GateTraveler
              I believe Joe Mallozzi has stated in pretty clear terms that
              Spoiler:
              Mitchell will lead SG1.
              Even after this you think she will lead SG1!!
              love Torri

Comment

Actually Im not sure Joe has made anything clear and is infact being purposely vague on this subject.

What Joe said was "Yup. In the first episode of season 9, Colonel Mitchell is the unidisputed team leader of SG-1." which is true.

But he has also said "One would assume so." to the following question " I assume that by your statement and the definition of resume, we will see Carter resume her duties in her position as leader of SG1. Correct? "

But then in response to "Who, Mitchell or Carter, will lead SG1 after Carter returns to/rejoins SG1? " He says: "They're going to take turns. Mitchell gets Mondays, Wednesdays, and Friday - Carter gets Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays, and they alternate Sundays."

All that said, I think they will make Mitchell the lead. I dont like it, I think Carter never got a fair shake, it but then Im not in charge so what can you do.

But Joe has never been clear on the subject.
                Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Actually JM said:
                  "In the first episode of season 9, Colonel Mitchell is the unidisputed team leader of SG-1."

JM is a master at vagueness, coyness and cutsey games when it comes to "answering" questions on this thread, he never really answer them. This to me does not say one way or the other who is in charge AFTER Carter returns just that Mitchell is in charge in the first episode. I also suspect that he has no team up through at least the 4th episode where we saw pictures of Daniel and Teal'c with SGC patches on their uniforms - not SG1 patches. I suspect there is no SG1, except for Mitchell, until Carter returns and then we will see who is in command, I would not assume it is Mitchell, at least not at this point.

Comment

Yes I do or at least joint command. The latest spoilers out of Comic Con this weekend
                    Spoiler:
                    Asked about who would lead SG-1 and everyone was purposefully vague. Why be vague if they have already declared a leader for SG-1. I don't think it will really be resolved until after Sam returns. Yes Mitchell is the leader of SG-1 for now, although like someone else stated it's a little hard to command a team of only one. I heard from someone that attended the Con they asked Tony Optican, with SciFi, about who would lead SG-1 and he basically told her that everyone would be happy.
                    To me that would mean joint command. Of course with everything else it is my own opinion.

Comment

I could live with joint command, but don't think it will be officially. I think Mitchell will officially lead the team, since he puts it back together, but Carter will, in reality, aid in much of the decision making. They made it clear to point out how much cameron respects her.
                      sigpic
                      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                      "...phu...ah..."
                      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I've thought all along they would come up with some sort of joint command thing. Try to satisfy everyone. The comments out of Comic Con seem to hint at that as well.

Carter will probably lead some missions and Mitchell others. Depends on if Sam needs to concentrate on her scientific stuff or not. Other times they'll all be split up anyway.

I don't really care either way - I just want some good drama and good stories and interesting character dynamics. And to have it all be believable within existing military protocol. Not some sort of Presidential order that allows for a "special" co-leadership of SG-1.
                        Life is hard...and it's harder if you're stupid

Comment

Originally posted by ann_sgcfan
                          Yes I do or at least joint command. The latest spoilers out of Comic Con this weekend
                          Spoiler:
                          Asked about who would lead SG-1 and everyone was purposefully vague. Why be vague if they have already declared a leader for SG-1. I don't think it will really be resolved until after Sam returns. Yes Mitchell is the leader of SG-1 for now, although like someone else stated it's a little hard to command a team of only one. I heard from someone that attended the Con they asked Tony Optican, with SciFi, about who would lead SG-1 and he basically told her that everyone would be happy.
                          To me that would mean joint command. Of course with everything else it is my own opinion.
                          and I like your opinion as that is exactly where I came down on it. After 7 years as 2IC and 1 year as leader I just cannot see them relegating Carter to 2IC behind a new guy that has never even seen a Staragte before as they know it will not sit well with many of the Stargate fans. Joint command solves everyone's problems (and before anyone gets into a discussion that joint command would never happen in real life - my position on that is neither would anyone ever travel to other galaxies in real life, neither would a one star get a promotion to a two star and head of homeworld seciurity after 1 year, etc., etc., etc.) It's TV they can do anything they think they need to do to keep the largest audience possible without embarassing the Air Force and Joint Command of SG1 between Carter and Mitchell would not be embarassing to the Air Force.

Comment

I actually wouldn't mind if Carter wasn't the official leader of SG-1. Seems Cameron respects her and they have a good friendship so I would guess he would ask for her opinion rather than thinking he knows best. If you get what I mean.

Comment

Totally agree Jonzey. Mitchell is behind sg-1 eventually coming back together, so why not let him lead( officially ). You know he will listen to and expect input from Carter in serious situations.
                              sigpic
                              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                              "...phu...ah..."
                              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Working...
                              X