Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK. I'm hoping this isn't off topic. iTunes/download-ability plans for Season 5???

I'm not normal.
    I don't have cable.
    I don't have direct Tv.
    I barely know what TiVo is...

Now that the nasty truth above is out of the way...

I heard a rumor (can't seem to find it at the moment) that iTunes will not be carrying Atlantis Season 5 -- that was an old contract and SciFi isn't releasing any more shows there. Something snarky about NBS and iTunes... I don't recall the details.
    I watched Season 4 this way, prior to that I had to wait for DVD release. Buying the episodes only puts me a day or so behind the rest of you. Unless they release the episode a week late, or a week early, or the wrong episode all together --- (now that I think about it, I can see why they don't want to use iTunes any longer...)

Does anyone know anything about this?

I looked at alternatives and Amazon unbox is no good on a mac without running windows (and, uh, I bought a mac so I wouldn't have to run windows...)

Thanks the gods BSG is viewable on scifi.com (even if it's with commercials). Will they be doing this with Atlantis Season 5?

Does anyone know?

Oh I'd hate to pay for cable, I'd rather just pay $$ for the shows I actually want to watch....

Help!

Comment

Originally posted by Pic-CollSwan View Post
      I heard a rumor (can't seem to find it at the moment) that iTunes will not be carrying Atlantis Season 5 -- that was an old contract and SciFi isn't releasing any more shows there. Something snarky about NBS and iTunes... I don't recall the details.
      The issue with iTunes was between iTunes and NBCU from last year. NBCU has opened their own video site, HULU.com.

SGA is not a NBCU property, but a MGM property. SGA was NOT affected by the NBCU/iTunes dispute, and season four was available for download. Season 5 should be okay too.

Morjana

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
      SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
      Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by morjana View Post
        The issue with iTunes was between iTunes and NBCU from last year. NBCU has opened their own video site, HULU.com.

SGA is not a NBCU property, but a MGM property. SGA was NOT affected by the NBCU/iTunes dispute, and season four was available for download. Season 5 should be okay too.

Morjana
        Well that's a relief. Whew Thanks for the info.
        Now all that's left is to just bring on Season 5!!

Comment

No, thank the stars.

Flash Boredom has been cancelled.

Morjana
          Thank god.
          Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
          "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
          Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
            Morjana, I was one of those people who watched the whole season. I want my 20 hours of my life back. Now to the people who keep saying Atlantis is pulling bad ratings...

Just so we can get the facts straight....

Flash Gordon - Bad Ratings
            Stargate Atlantis - Good Ratings
            As did I. Where can I get a refund?
            Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
            "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
            Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Flash Boredom has been cancelled.

Morjana
              Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
              Thank god.
              Awsome!

Party time *Breaks out the champaign*

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
              Morjana, I was one of those people who watched the whole season. I want my 20 hours of my life back.
              Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
              As did I. Where can I get a refund?
              Here's a form, fill it out and they may get back to you with a refund... due to the fact that you watched the show of your own free will a refund is not guaranteed

This summer is for more awsome shows like S5 of SGA!

Comment

Hi people

I find it tiresome to wait for the new season to begin, I wanted it yesterday
                Also it is for me not interesting to read to much on the forum right now, cause most things have been said already and only spoilerthings are being discussed, which i am not a fan of.
                Since i dont read spoilers anymore, things turn out to be more more fun than before.
                Have any of you have the same or similair experience in these quiet months?

Comment

Yep, i just can't wait until the next season of SGA.
                  If it wasn't for BSG i would go crazy.
                  You know. Crazy. Nuts. Insane. Bonzo. No longer in posession of ones faculties. Three fries short of a happy meal. WACKO!!!

okay, to cut the jokes, yeah, not reading spoilers enhances the fun, but sometimes i just can'T help myself.

Edit: Woohoo 100th post!!
                  Last edited by SoulAssassino; 15 April 2008, 05:44 AM.
                  Trailers and PR
                  Stargate: War Begins team
                  http://www.moddb.com/mods/9705/stargate-mod-war-begins
                  forums:
                  http://stargatethewarbegins.tk/

sigpic

We will miss you Hammond of Texas!

Comment

Originally posted by wolverine_nl View Post
                    Hi people

I find it tiresome to wait for the new season to begin, I wanted it yesterday
                    Also it is for me not interesting to read to much on the forum right now, cause most things have been said already and only spoilerthings are being discussed, which i am not a fan of.
                    Since i dont read spoilers anymore, things turn out to be more more fun than before.
                    Have any of you have the same or similair experience in these quiet months?
                    Not everything has been said....................How about Homer Simpson Vs Wraith Queen or...................Planet Express Ship Vs Ha'tak. I guess your right most things have been discussed many times. I'm getting tried of reading all these Vs threads and 'No Zats in Atlantis' keeps popping up as well as what would happen to you walk though a Stargate the wrong side or what would happen to you walk though a Gate which Multi-dialed(SG-1 Reckoning)

For Wraith, hunger burns like a fire.

Tell me, Sheppard, if you found yourself burning alive, would you settle for just one drop of water ...

....... or would you take more?

sigpic

Comment

I pass the time by watching old shows. Aside from BSG Fridays and Doctor Who Saturdays, I'm up to season 6 of The X Files, nearly done season 3 of DS9, and working on season 2 of Torchwood.
                      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Yup...

BSG is saving us all.
                        And re-watching Firefly.

Isn't is so hard to stay away from the spoilers? I have a hard time resisting.

Maybe we could do a coordinated re-watch of season 1 in the meantime or something - activate those threads again. A couple episodes a week would get us to July-ish.

Comment

I never liked reading spouilers much as it does ruin the suprise of the whole thing. However on some of the news articles on GWs main page I hate it when I click on to read it and it says that it has spoilers, but just before I click off it, I read a line that gives something away about an upcoming ep, etc.

And yes, I hate waiting for the new eps too, but as someone said BSG is now airing so it takes the impatience away somewhat

Comment

a few months wait is nothing compared to how long bsg fans had to wait this year.

year and a half
                            https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by SoulAssassino View Post
                              Yep, i just can't wait until the next season of SGA.
                              If it wasn't for BSG i would go crazy.
                              You know. Crazy. Nuts. Insane. Bonzo. No longer in posession of ones faculties. Three fries short of a happy meal. WACKO!!!

okay, to cut the jokes, yeah, not reading spoilers enhances the fun, but sometimes i just can'T help myself.

Edit: Woohoo 100th post!!
                              BSG is my drug while I wait for SGA to start back up. I love both shows but SG has always been my favorite.

Dont' worry about 3 months to go. It will be here before you know it.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
                                a few months wait is nothing compared to how long bsg fans had to wait this year.

year and a half
                                While I agree 200% with the sentiment, the numbers aren't quite right... 'Crossroads, Part 2' aired on Mar. 27, 2007 and 'He That Believeth In Me' on April 4, 2008. Which of course, is only if we don't count 'Razor' on Nov 24.

That said though, eight months (minimum estimate) for new material is a FRAKKING long time to have to wait, and I'd like to re-emphasize my 200% agreement with your sentiment.
                                "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Working...
                                X