This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
    Quoting myself from earlier in the thread....

I could go on, but as GF points out, there are more than a few problems with the political use of what may or may not be caused by mankind, most of which want to somehow tax or charge the United States and its citizens in some way, while letting other nations skate by.
    Or does it really make a difference where gases are emitted? CO emissions released in china are less harmful than those released in the US? Or CO emissions from energy use in the US are somehow less harmful if that energy use is taxed in some way?

If they want serious consideration of their claims, they have to stop that crap first. It's plain old BS, pure and simple.

As far as what is actually happening, if it has been PROVEN that mankind is responsible for processes that have been going on throughout Earth's history, going back before mankind arose, why isn't there universal agreement among all scientists? You don't find too many who deny the theory of gravity, do you? But you can find plenty who don't agree that mankind is the cause of any changes in Earth's climate.

So, at the end p[of the day, we have a bunch of politicians trying to use an unproven "crisis" as a way to levy taxes they otherwise have no jurisdiction to impose.

I'll call BS on that 7 days a week.
    Jelgate is right, this is a political argument, not a scientific one. The scientific argument is independent of policy.
    By Nolamom
    sigpic

Comment

*points to new sig*
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
        Still seeing no scientific evidence
        Actually, since the enviros are the folks insisting that we levy taxes & make changes to our society, the burden of proof is on them, and they haven't come close to proving that man's activities are responsible for any climate change that may be occurring. As I've said, there is no shortage of scientists who disagree with the claim.

And that's going to have to be a pretty good proof because Earth's climate has been continually changing for as long as the planet has been here.

Comment

Quoting myself from earlier in the thread....

I could go on, but as GF points out, there are more than a few problems with the political use of what may or may not be caused by mankind, most of which want to somehow tax or charge the United States and its citizens in some way, while letting other nations skate by.
          Or does it really make a difference where gases are emitted? CO emissions released in china are less harmful than those released in the US? Or CO emissions from energy use in the US are somehow less harmful if that energy use is taxed in some way?

If they want serious consideration of their claims, they have to stop that crap first. It's plain old BS, pure and simple.

As far as what is actually happening, if it has been PROVEN that mankind is responsible for processes that have been going on throughout Earth's history, going back before mankind arose, why isn't there universal agreement among all scientists? You don't find too many who deny the theory of gravity, do you? But you can find plenty who don't agree that mankind is the cause of any changes in Earth's climate.

So, at the end p[of the day, we have a bunch of politicians trying to use an unproven "crisis" as a way to levy taxes they otherwise have no jurisdiction to impose.

I'll call BS on that 7 days a week.
          The crisis is proven, and yes, you could find 100 scientists who disagree. AT the same time, you could find 100 000 who do. I'll call BS on the 100.
          sigpic
          ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
          A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
          The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
            The crisis is proven, and yes, you could find 100 scientists who disagree. AT the same time, you could find 100 000 who do. I'll call BS on the 100.
            Then why is there any disagreement at all? You don't find too many who claim the Earth is the center of the Solar System or disagree with various other known facts.

Comment

Then why is there any disagreement at all? You don't find too many who claim the Earth is the center of the Solar System or disagree with various other known facts.
              Look to who is paying them. You are making the same argument that the tobacco companies and lead companies used to make, and it's just as flawed.
              sigpic

Comment

*points to new sig*
                I thought the risk was worth it.
                There's a lot of disagreement in quantum physics and Galileo was alone in his assertions of a heliocentric solar system. It didn't mean that Galileo was wrong. They also have multiple theories when it comes to things so simple as sleep. Sure there's still plenty of wiggle room, but if you know anything about game theory, you'd realize that it is better to play it safe than sorry.
                By Nolamom
                sigpic

Comment

Millions people smoke even with indisputable facts of the health risks it brings
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
                    Look to who is paying them. You are making the same argument that the tobacco companies and lead companies used to make, and it's just as flawed.
                    And the "believers" don't make any money off it? Plenty of them make very comfortable livings by griping about it.

Comment

And the "believers" don't make any money off it? Plenty of them make very comfortable livings by griping about it.
                      Most people with PhD's make very comfortable livings...
                      By Nolamom
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
                        Most people with PhD's make very comfortable livings...
                        But college is a liberal scam
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

Ahh, the correlation causation fallacy, much straw to be had.........
                          As Tood and Jel point out, Well educated people tend to make more money no matter what field they are in. There are more "joe average" scientists making state wages (whatever they happen to be where you live, and NO I don't mean paid for by the state)) telling you we are making the planet unsustainable for our continued survival than I could count. Yet every one of the -climate denying- (not weather, climate) scientists are bankrolled almost exclusively by moneyed interests, and generally paid to a degree far beyond their actual ability.
                          sigpic

Comment

But college is a liberal scam
                            Not a scam, they are left wing indoctrination centres, but if you are strong, and can avoid all the advertising and confirmation bias like annoyed, it will have no impact on your life.
                            sigpic

Comment

Annoyed is a walking confirmation bias
                              Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Womble View Post
                                So, latest developments in the New Cold War between USA and Russia. The issuing of USA visas to Russian citizens has been suspended, because with only 75 people of diplomatic staff left, USA embassy has no ability to process visa applications.
                                Speaking of side effects, NK launched some more missiles today.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X