No announcement yet.

Wonder Woman (modern-day TV reboot) - News/Discussion/Speculation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is EXACTLY the kind of thing you see in every single Kelley show. Horrible. Simply horrible.
    sigpic
    More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
      "Pages 61-66: Diana and Myndi have a “sleepover,” complete with ice cream (“It’s been a three-scoop day”) as they watch Katy Perry’s sexually suggestive Wonder Woman homage music video and “scream like schoolgirls.” Later, Diana glimpses her original costume in the closet (the Lynda Carter one!) and sadly stares at a picture of herself and Steve in happier times, before crying herself to sleep."

What absolutely bull****. I'm taking my ball and going home.
      Hopefully NBC pulls an CW like how they killed Aquaman & cancels this show before it airs. Although unlike this pilot Aquaman was good

Comment

When my daughter was 3, we made her a Wonder Woman outfit for Hallowe'en because the one at Wal Mart looked cheap. Much like the picture posted here! That's one ugly outfit.

My daughter is now 6.5 and we got out our Wonder Woman tv series on DVD to watch again. She can't remember much from when she watched them at age 3 but is loving them.
        Orphan Black: Join the Clone Club Dance Party!

Comment

I had to look at the pic a couple of times because the costume looks computer generated to me. I might be wrong, but it does look computer generated to me.
          sigpic

Comment

I was looking forward to this new show, now I am not so sure. After skimming the leaked script I lost a lot of hope in this show. At least the Bionic Woman remake had a lot of BSG references and stars in it.
            "You are hostages! We are your captors! We are heavily armed. There are rules, there is a whole school of etiquette to this!" -Daniel Jackson

Comment

Well, until we're 100% sure that the "leaked script" is credible...maybe we shouldn't rush to assumptions.
              sigpic

Comment

Considering how awful the costume looks, can the script be much better?
                sigpic
                More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by Eternal Density View Post
                  That looks awful. It looks like something you could order for Halloween.

Originally posted by nx01a View Post
                  It couldn't be much worse!

Comment

Originally posted by nx01a View Post
                    While I don't like the costume...I don't think its "aweful" either. People don't like change. People are used to the Lynda Carter Wonder Woman. Sometimes change can be good. Like I said, people are jumping to conclusions with the leaked scripts...and there's no evidence that they're from credible sources. As for the costume...I still say it sortta looks computer generated.
                    sigpic

Comment

Nah, it looks like latex.
                      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                        Nah, it looks like latex.
                        It may well be...IDK...I there's just something about it that gives me that "its computer generated" feel.

EDIT: Why were the pics I'd posted comparing the Lynda Carter costume to the new one removed? I noticed someone even spoilered the pic and it was removed from their spoiler....
                        Last edited by LtColCarter; 22 March 2011, 11:38 AM. Reason: :(
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
                          While I don't like the costume...I don't think its "aweful" either. People don't like change. People are used to the Lynda Carter Wonder Woman. Sometimes change can be good. Like I said, people are jumping to conclusions with the leaked scripts...and there's no evidence that they're from credible sources. As for the costume...I still say it sortta looks computer generated.
                          I've never seen Lynda Carter's Wonder Woman. I'm not sure I've ever seen any Wonder Woman other than in parodies, and this look awful IMO. It's not necessarily the design, but it just looks horribly cheap. Like something you'd wear for Halloween.

Comment

Originally posted by KEK View Post
                            I've never seen Lynda Carter's Wonder Woman. I'm not sure I've ever seen any Wonder Woman other than in parodies, and this look awful IMO. It's not necessarily the design, but it just looks horribly cheap. Like something you'd wear for Halloween.
                            Here are the two costumes side by side...
                            Last edited by LtColCarter; 23 March 2011, 08:27 AM.
                            sigpic

Comment

Carter's figure looks great in the original, a very natural beauty. She didn't need to wear something so tight that her boobs are ready to jump over the top of it.

I'm not sure what's got a stronger shade of red, the new top or her lipstick.

sigpic

Comment

Nah, I don't think one really has a body that's any better than the other. They both fill out their costumes wonderfully. Though I do find Linda Carter oddly too skinny above the hips and below the breasts. Is there something wonky going on with that picture or something?
                                "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Working...
                                X