This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Atlantis,SG-1 or Universe ?

What would you prefer? Season 6 of Atlantis or Season 1 of Universe.
    Season 6 of Atlantis
    53.85%
    Season 1 of SGU
    27.27%
    Season 11 of SG1
    18.88%

Atlantis. No question. Personally speaking of course. It doesn't really matter anymore though. I'm hoping Stargate: Universe ultimately turns out to be still somewhat good. I'm still mostly withholding judgment on that as of yet. It so far has struck me as 'ok'. The only way we'll see Stargate: Atlantis again is in the 1 or possibly more potential DVD movies, if at all.
    Last edited by Infinite-Possibilities; 23 October 2009, 08:53 PM.
    "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Season 1 of universe...

Atlantis wasn't all the good in my book. Stargate needed something new.

Comment

Atlantis failed to reach the potential it had for five years.

Definitely time for SGU.
        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Atlantis. But Universe was coming anyways.

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
            Atlantis failed to reach the potential it had for five years.

Definitely time for SGU.
            Well, I wouldn't say all of the 5 years.

Seasons one and two were defiantly top quality compared to the rest, with descent episodes, and some of the best of the series.

Really only seasons 3-5 felt like a let down to me.

I would still vote for universe over Atlantis, it's just such a different atmosphere... that I'm liking.

Comment

Originally posted by Alan Wake View Post
              Seasons one and two were defiantly top quality compared to the rest, with descent episodes, and some of the best of the series.
              Well, considering season 1 was that mediocre/kinda crappy first season that every series usually has, I don't think that's saying a lot

But I digress. While last week's SGU might've been a touch slow-paced, it more than made up for that with a depth that wouldn't have even been approached in a hypothetical SGA S6. So, most definitely SGU
              "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                Well, considering season 1 was that mediocre/kinda crappy first season that every series usually has, I don't think that's saying a lot

But I digress. While last week's SGU might've been a touch slow-paced, it more than made up for that with a depth that wouldn't have even been approached in a hypothetical SGA S6. So, most definitely SGU
                Oh I agree on this, I feel like I know the characters better in the 4th episode of Universe, than I did in all the 5 years of Atlantis... that's sad isn't it?

Comment

as Much as I will always Love Atlantis. I'm starting to Enjoy Universe a little bit more.

Comment

Hmm.. Well I'm liking Universe so far, but I do miss the more techy aspects of atlantis, so It's difficult to choose between the two. I think if Rush would go into the more techy stuff, Universe would be perfect

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper 1 View Post
                      universe

the final seasons of sga sucked
                      https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
                        universe

the final seasons of sga sucked
                        Yeah, I have to say I didn't enjoy the last season of Atlantis at all. And I only watched season 4 because Sam was there. It lost too much of its original magic of the first few seasons.

But I'm not yet prepared to say I prefer SGU over SGA.
                        sigpic
                        Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper 1 View Post
                          If Universe keeps going the way it is, though 'Light' was quite nice. Then definitely another season of Atlantis. I'm just not feeling Universe as Stargate yet.

Comment

Sg-1 season 11

Atlantis was a mediocre setting with only one or two interesting characters (Weir, Ronan), and many awful ones (Sheppard, McKay, Tayla) and ones who were good characters, but should not have been there (Sam, Woolsey)

Universe is interesting so far, but I'm not sure how interesting it will be to watch characters who have that much conflict between them
                            I don't mean to sound like a nerdy fan who talks about science-fiction like it is real, but the problem with 'clever' storylines is that they make the audience start to think, and if you put in bad science, they are more likely to notice it. It breaks the suspension of disbelief

Comment

Atlantis
                              What we do in life echoes in eternity - Gladiator vghUp the Blades!

Comment

Working...
                              X