Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Invent ur own Gateverse Character to match the Greats!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Invent ur own Gateverse Character to match the Greats!

Well, can't find this thread so here goes.

If you could be any type of character (not one who already exists) in any Gate version, who would you be, what would your job be and why?

I would be either an administrator of some high rank in the IOA who struggled to bring in more British/European/International influence, not out of self interest, but in order to provide more safety and capabilities in space conflicts

Or a captain/major of Royal Marines Commando (greatest infantry unit in the world) in charge of the first compliment of British gate teams, made up of RMC, Pathfinders, RAF Reg, Paras and maybe Guardsmen. Small garrison of no more than 50 troopers with equipment and weapons. Stay on site at Cheyanne mountain through NATO and IOA guidlines of some sort (UK and US allies after all) and proceed on gate missions for Queen and Country, and whilst respectfully listening to American superiors, have a degree of autonomy to proceed as I wished with my team.
    sigpic
    385 Heroes coming Home

Here's to smart Mods

I'd be a stand alone character that doesn't belong to any major race.. My race would be very few, say a few thousands spread throughout the universe for the mission of collecting cultures, technologies, informations, and anything worthy of exploring.

My race will have invisibility and extensive brain capacity to store new information. We can take the forms of any other species for disguise

Comment

Originally posted by Spirit View Post
      I'd be a stand alone character that doesn't belong to any major race.. My race would be very few, say a few thousands spread throughout the universe for the mission of collecting cultures, technologies, informations, and anything worthy of exploring.

My race will have invisibility and extensive brain capacity to store new information. We can take the forms of any other species for disguise
      For ease of filming? Or so u can look like u?
      sigpic
      385 Heroes coming Home

Here's to smart Mods

Comment

Come on people, let ur juices of creative awesome flow!!!
        sigpic
        385 Heroes coming Home

Here's to smart Mods

Comment

Not sure what you'd call this, but I'd be a Human from Earth who actually advises the IOA on what to properly do with all the super advanced technologies the SG program has gained over the years, what to do with our ships once we gained access to the Asgard knowledge, ways to benefit all of mankind.
          Oh yeah and I'd be married to Samantha Carter, had to be said.

Another fine thread by the way my friend, now I'm off the Mere it up a bit and see what's been happening there.

Comment

hmm

USAF Major, around 30+ years old, been in the Gulf 1 and 2, Somalia, and Afghanistan a few times as a USAF SF guy, then around 35 years old he was asked to assist in the Ori invasion scenario, thus being exposed to the Stargate, became a 302 pilot then was promoted from Captain to Major. was commissioned on the Apollo 304 but was nearly killed when the Wraith approached Earth. then returned to Earth cross trained with Sheppard and the Atlantis crew, then commissioned again to another 304.

hes quiet, laid back, is the "go-to" guy or has the "go-to" team of not only USAF but with USMC and RMC guys.

he packs a Bushmaster ACR (in 6.8x43mm) with a M26 LSS and a Para-Ordnance P14 .45 handgun

his team of multi national guys are armed with 1 RFB (think FN FAL, but Bullpup), 3 Bushmaster ACR (1 with a M320 40mm), and 1 M240

XD
            Last edited by Major V1125; 15 June 2009, 11:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rise Of The Phoenix View Post
              Not sure what you'd call this, but I'd be a Human from Earth who actually advises the IOA on what to properly do with all the super advanced technologies the SG program has gained over the years, what to do with our ships once we gained access to the Asgard knowledge, ways to benefit all of mankind.
              Oh yeah and I'd be married to Samantha Carter, had to be said.

Another fine thread by the way my friend, now I'm off the Mere it up a bit and see what's been happening there.
              Chears for the help man. I like the idea. An IOA agent who isn't hated by all

Originally posted by Major V1125 View Post
              hmm

USAF Major, around 30+ years old, been in the Gulf 1 and 2, Somalia, and Afghanistan a few times as a USAF SF guy, then around 35 years old he was asked to assist in the Ori invasion scenario, thus being exposed to the Stargate, became a 302 pilot then was promoted from Captain to Major. was commissioned on the Apollo 304 but was nearly killed when the Wraith approached Earth. then returned to Earth cross trained with Sheppard and the Atlantis crew, then commissioned again to another 304.

hes quiet, laid back, is the "go-to" guy or has the "go-to" team of not only USAF but with USMC and RMC guys.

he packs a Bushmaster ACR (in 6.8x43mm) with a M26 LSS and a Para-Ordnance P14 .45 handgun

his team of multi national guys are armed with 1 RFB (think FN FAL, but Bullpup), 3 Bushmaster ACR (1 with a M320 40mm), and 1 M240

XD
              I actually quite like this one!

I've amended mine. 27-8 year old officer, captain (basically me in a few years, but now) who served in the A'stan and lost some mates and is disenchanted with the Gov and the MoD. Based on some fan-fic I drafted up but never finished, during the Ori invasion, Uk was brought in to provide funds, materials and troops to fight the Ori, as they were landing more and more ground forces on planets we couldn't let them.
              So, a joint force of 500 Brits, made up of Pathfinders, RMC and RAF Reg with SBS and SAS are assigned to the fight, with over 1000 more elite infantry such as the Paras and the Black Watch ready to be seconded as needed.
              Lothe to let such a promising officer go, and due to his award of VC/GC they promote him major and give him spearhead command.
              Goes on to fight Ori and rebel Jaffa elements and distinguiosh himself, but slwoly becomes more and more introverted, and goes head to head with the likes of O'neil, Mitchel and Landry often due to the British level of autonomy.
              His subordinates and friends he's made at SGC try to help him come to terms with what turns out to be PTSD. I got no further.

Armed with good old stripped L85 and GL, and Browning HP, however, often chooses to take a Webley Page on his lanyard as a trademark item. hahah.
              Last edited by Stewart5; 13 August 2009, 03:34 AM.
              sigpic
              385 Heroes coming Home

Here's to smart Mods

Comment

LMAO a webley+landyard XD

Comment

LMAO a webley+landyard XD
                  Hell yes. Standing on the lip, men in cover, firing well and acurate, whilst you pop away, yelling "Go on, my boys!"
                  sigpic
                  385 Heroes coming Home

Here's to smart Mods

Comment

Originally posted by Garrowan5th View Post
                    Hell yes. Standing on the lip, men in cover, firing well and acurate, whilst you pop away, yelling "Go on, my boys!"
                    LMAO! just dont stand out there too long...6 shots can go by quite quickly XD

while my guy is firing quick and accurate and deadly .45 rounds right in between the eyes of the enemy...or just two in the chest, one in the head

Comment

LMAO! just dont stand out there too long...6 shots can go by quite quickly XD

while my guy is firing quick and accurate and deadly .45 rounds right in between the eyes of the enemy...or just two in the chest, one in the head
                      Break open gun and speed loaders, no slower than a .45. And no need to cock, just pull trigger! hehehe.
                      Well, my character wouldn't. he would be the consumate leader of men, loved and respected by his men despite the post-traumatic stress, and in public he would always put on the brave face, but slowly and surely his personal life would get worse, until it would come down to on duty, fighting fierce battles against the Ori, then simply returning to billet and getting chow before bed, then getting back into the fight.
                      I imagine at some point his captains would have to get Landry to halt his gate access as he was getting fiercer and getting into unnessecary fight(whilst of course not allowing his men to get into harm. yes, he would take unnessecary risks on his own, the fool)
                      sigpic
                      385 Heroes coming Home

Here's to smart Mods

Comment

Break open gun and speed loaders, no slower than a .45. And no need to cock, just pull trigger! hehehe.
                        Well, my character wouldn't. he would be the consumate leader of men, loved and respected by his men despite the post-traumatic stress, and in public he would always put on the brave face, but slowly and surely his personal life would get worse, until it would come down to on duty, fighting fierce battles against the Ori, then simply returning to billet and getting chow before bed, then getting back into the fight.
                        I imagine at some point his captains would have to get Landry to halt his gate access as he was getting fiercer and getting into unnessecary fight(whilst of course not allowing his men to get into harm. yes, he would take unnessecary risks on his own, the fool)
                        lol having an extra round in the chamber helps along with 12+ rounds, which means 13 dead XD
                        well my guy likes to bring the SHOCK+AWE to every engagement, since hes in command of a multinational SF group, so hes deployed in the hottest zones, and large engagements like planetary invasions and such. he can direct fire from fire bases, 302s, stargates (firing missiles through the gate), and even orbital 304s...bring down the RAIN! XD
                        since hes a veteran of urban and close quarters combat, you'll see him with the .45 most of the time with the combat knife Harries Technique (gun in hand and knife with other supporting the gun hand) and having that M26 attached to his ACR helps as well, thats why he instructs his men to pack a .45 as their side arms. a real team player and an ace behind the stick of a 302, rivaling Mitchell at times XD not bad for a former fly-boy XD

Comment

hmm is it true that a Webley Mk IV can go up to 300 yards? thats pretty far...for a pistol
                          Last edited by Major V1125; 15 June 2009, 02:44 PM.

Comment

For ease of filming? Or so u can look like u?
                            lol no! so I can be a part of their culture without them finding out We are the curious species

Comment

Chears for the help man. I like the idea. An IOA agent who isn't hated by all

I actually quite like this one!

I've amended mine. 27-8 year old officer, captain (basically me in a few years, but now) who served in the A'satn and lost some mates and is disenchanted with the Gov and the MOd. Based on some fan-fic I drafted up but never finished, during the Ori invasion, Uk was brought in to provide funds, materials and troops to fight the Ori, as they were landing more and more ground forces on planets we couldn't let them.
                              So, a joint force of 500 Brits, made up of Pathfinders, RMC and RAF Reg with SBS and SAS are assigned to the fight, with over 1000 more elite infantry such as the Paras and the Black Watch ready to be seconded as needed.
                              Lothe to let such a promising officer go, and due to his award of VC/GC they promote him major and give him spearhead command.
                              Goes on to fight Ori and rebel Jaffa elements and distinguiosh himself, but slwoly becomes more and more introverted, and goes head to head with the likes of O'neil, Mitchel and Landry often due to the British level of autonomy.
                              His subordinates and friends he's made at SGC try to help him come to terms with what turns out to be PTSD. I got no further.

Armed with good old stripped L85 and GL, and Browning HP, however, often chooses to take a Webley Page on his lanyard as a trademark item. hahah.
                              dude you need to get ur head out of the military and start thinking SciFi! Just because u add a few words of SciFi related doesn't make it SciFi..speaking of creative juice..come on!

Comment

Working...
                              X