Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post

I actually find that Sam has a very feminine side to her when away from work. And it's funny how sometimes when I watch her pushing the DHD buttons at how delicate her touch seems to be. She seems quite dainty sometimes. Like when she's holding something...be it a doohickey or Jacks head (re: Brief Candle)...she has this very feminine side to her. I dunno. I see it a lot now when I re watch the eps.
    Interesting point. I'm going to have to watch her dial the DHD. But yes, Sam is definitely feminine even in combat boots. Except for maybe a few episodes when they were first getting a handle on Sam, I don't think she ever tried to "be a guy"--she was just an officer who was a woman.

I remember a fic I read once where I think Sam and Daniel were (cover your eyes, Sally) dying & Daniel was reflecting on Sam's hands, how feminine she was.

Comment

Hi Everyone,

Originally posted by Rocky89 View Post

If I was a banker, and Amanda came in, I'd just give her all the money she'd want . But yeah, that's a good question, I'm sure lots of people in her area, if not most of Vancouver know her by now, I mean come on . If she had facebook, she'd have like 10,000 friends .
      That's probably exactly why Amanda doesn't have Facebook....That and she's kinda busy, hehe!
      That is a huge concern for me too...twice over. I hope this doesn't conflict with her trip down under as well. But for me to have to travel all that way and not have Gabit would be...well I can't think of the right words right now. But fingers crossed and staying positive...which is really hard for me today.
      Me too chelle I'm keeping everything crossed, lol. And in case you need one...*big hugs*

Julia(samcarterrules)
      sigpic
      Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

Originally posted by morjana View Post
        At the Jace Hall Show:

Sanctuary & Terminator: Salvation

(9:39)
        By: Jace Hall Released: 5/7/2009 Genre: Comedy

THE JACE HALL SHOW - Joe Flanigan gets belligerent, Ryan Robbins goes bump in the night, Godfather 2, Sanctuary, Robin Dunne, Zach Levi, Terminator Salvation and more.

Amanda Tapping is also in the video.
        For me it says "video not available". Is this some kind of cruel joke? Does rderoch have something to do with this?

[QUOTE]
        Nope. What are they??
        Hot shots are wee bags of chemicals. When needed, you shake them and they heat up. Great for slipping into your mitts or boots.

That is a huge concern for me too...twice over. I hope this doesn't conflict with her trip down under as well. But for me to have to travel all that way and not have Gabit would be...well I can't think of the right words right now. But fingers crossed and staying positive...which is really hard for me today.
        Ya, I was thinking of the Aussies and the Kiwis. If anything interfered with AT4 I'd be disappointed but I've been there, done that. Would feel very bad for those who likely couldn't reschedule because of the distance. However, I'm sure it will all work out.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
          For me it says "video not available". Is this some kind of cruel joke? Does rderoch have something to do with this?
          I think crackle.com is restricted to U.S. users.

If someone doesn't beat me to it, I can probably put up a download of Amanda's part (~70 seconds).

Last edited by parsifal; 07 May 2009, 02:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by parsifal View Post
            I think crackle.com is restricted to U.S. users.

If someone doesn't beat me to it, I can probably put up a download of Amanda's part (~70 seconds).

http://img223.imageshack.us/my.php?image=jhs01.jpg

ETA: For people outside the United States, it's available on YouTube (Thanks to Morjana for the link).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZc3NFOh0qw
            It won't let me watch it on yt either. It's been doing that often. I should probably switch countries
            sigpic

Comment

May....be

Were you able to see it on YT?
              Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
              William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
              Anon

Comment

Originally posted by rderoch View Post
                May....be

Were you able to see it on YT?
                Nope.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Here's the whole YT file.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/or049v

Comment

Hey I saw the interview too, a few days ago, but when I wanted to respond to it it was kinda late and.... posting my opinion about it popped OUT of head

I'm glad with the length of the interview, lots of answers given, work related, partly private related.

She was very happy, and her usual funny self And "Blond" Amanda will be back, YAY! What I suspected was true, the picture of "little Ashley" is Olivia. The look she has on that picture just makes you sure it's her. So happy ....

I remember her saying something like : the acting, post production thing, I love, the financial part I hate. How is it possible that a woman THAT beautiful doesn't get envelops of money for Sanctuary? (and I do mean why they don't get more money, I DID NOT say Amanda is doing a bad job at getting financial recources to Sanctuary. She does everything she can in this part of her job). I'm happy they have more money this year. By having a 2nd season investors KNOW it is safe to invest in Sanctuary. By having a beautiful woman in the decision making room (Amanda being one of the 3) which on the work floor is not only there for her looks but also works really hard, and wants to learn (how to produce and other stuff) investors KNOW they're not wasting money in Sanctuary, when Amanda (the beautful woman) comes asking for financial support, or however she gets more money into sanctuary. I don't know ecactly how that goes so I don't want to offend Amanda or other people by saying "comes asking for financial support", that's why I say or however she gets the money into sanctuary. And by Amanda and Damian and (insert the other guys name I forgot) being very correct and loyal with that money, investors KNOW these people, who lead Sanctuary , is safe to invest Sanctuary.

Anyway that are my 10 cents on not understanding why it is so difficult to have money for sanctuary, the trio work very hard (and the other people involved in it). If you were an investor I hope your convinced by these 3 arguments.

That is all I can remember from that interview, except Amanda who, in my eyes still looks 37

Oh one more thing

Thank you Lilferret and Antoa for all the Amanda pics

Thank you Ambermoon for the sigs!

Comment

Thanks
                      sigpic

Comment

Thanks heaps!!
                        -

Comment

At the Jace Hall Show:

THE JACE HALL SHOW - Joe Flanigan gets belligerent, Ryan Robbins goes bump in the night, Godfather 2, Sanctuary, Robin Dunne, Zach Levi, Terminator Salvation and more.

that was cute!

(i liked how jace messed up ryan and robin's names, but not amanda's! and she was made all BIG star like, with the music and all. very cute. )
                          sally

sigpic

Comment

At the Jace Hall Show:

Thanks for the heads-up about this, morjana!!!!

And thanks parsifal for making it available to those of us outside the US!!!!

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
                            K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Good morning all!! And yes it is still morning here...just!!
                              One thing I like about having a day off is the ability to sleep in...after I've taken the kids to the station! Dang nab it though, I have to get up and do RL stuff!
                              So anyhoo, just doing my run in and having a look see at what's happening....not a lot obviously!
                              On with the posts....
                              Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
                              Interesting point. I'm going to have to watch her dial the DHD. But yes, Sam is definitely feminine even in combat boots. Except for maybe a few episodes when they were first getting a handle on Sam, I don't think she ever tried to "be a guy"--she was just an officer who was a woman.
                              I remember a fic I read once where I think Sam and Daniel were (cover your eyes, Sally) dying & Daniel was reflecting on Sam's hands, how feminine she was.
                              I'd love a link to that fic...I don't recall reading a fic like that...not that I haven't, I just don't recall it.
                              Originally posted by samcarterrules View Post
                              Hi Everyone,
                              Me too chelle I'm keeping everything crossed, lol. And in case you need one...*big hugs*
                              Julia(samcarterrules)
                              Thank you Julia! Can always do with a hug...right back at ya sweetpea! (((Julia)))
                              Hot shots are wee bags of chemicals. When needed, you shake them and they heat up. Great for slipping into your mitts or boots.
                              Ya, I was thinking of the Aussies and the Kiwis. If anything interfered with AT4 I'd be disappointed but I've been there, done that. Would feel very bad for those who likely couldn't reschedule because of the distance. However, I'm sure it will all work out.
                              Oh right....ok...I think my dad had something similar to that except you had to manipulate the bags to warm up...but we have those glow stick things where you crack them then shake them up to make light. You want to try sticking them down the side of your boots and run into an open paddock when it's pitch black outside...it'll crack you up. We tried to film my brother doing that at Easter this year but but it was too dark. You'd need night vision or something. But it's such a hoot!! Try it...and tell me it isn't funny!!
                              Originally posted by jasminaGo View Post
                              It won't let me watch it on yt either. It's been doing that often. I should probably switch countries
                              I can't watch it on anything! I have no idea why. I've downloaded it but it wont play. I guess I miss out on this one too. Bugger!
                              Thank you anyways parsifal...at least everyone else gets a look.

Ok...so now I should probably get dressed and head to the bank. I hate paying bills! And I totally know where Amanda is coming from with regard to her dislike of the financial side of things with Sanctuary.
                              Gotta choof...take care all and stay safe. Those fires in California are nasty. I hope everyone is ok. (((Samandans)))
                              "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                              Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                              ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by jasminaGo View Post
                                The countries have nothing to do with it Jas. It's you, personally, who they are after.

suse
                                sigpic
                                Mourning Sanctuary.
                                Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Working...
                                X