No announcement yet.

Kinda like BSG?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bar shoe-horning heavy-handed political rhetoric into scifi, I cant think of anything that BSG was better at.

Comment

Originally posted by KEK View Post
      Bar shoe-horning heavy-handed political rhetoric into scifi, I cant think of anything that BSG was better at.
      Melodrama
      Putting me to sleep.
      I could go on
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

In BSG, I felt sympathy for the characters. Of course, this could all be attributed to Mary McDonnell, because I only cried during Laura Roslin moments, but still. I don't feel anything, except a tad bid of hunger for food, when I watch SGU, and that's only because it's late at night. But, they are both space operas, so, yeah, kinda like, if were are going by sub-genres of the Sci-Fi world.
        If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
        Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
        If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
        Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

Originally posted by lordofseas View Post
          In BSG, I felt sympathy for the characters. Of course, this could all be attributed to Mary McDonnell, because I only cried during Laura Roslin moments, but still. I don't feel anything, except a tad bid of hunger for food, when I watch SGU, and that's only because it's late at night. But, they are both space operas, so, yeah, kinda like, if were are going by sub-genres of the Sci-Fi world.
          BSG actually had noticeable plot movement.
          By Nolamom
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by KEK View Post
            Indeed.

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
            Melodrama
            Putting me to sleep.
            I could go on
            And I thought we'd never agree on anything, sir.

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
              BSG actually had noticeable plot movement.
              After SGU has 4 seasons in the books, we can compare plot movement. OR we can look at the first ten episodes and see what kind of comparison there is. You know, to be fair.
              I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

Originally posted by pharaoh atem View Post
                sgu is the pg version of bsg
                it is?!

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Hurin View Post
                  If anyone would like to say that SGU is like BSG because they both have crews trapped on a ship due to unfortunate circumstances, I'd like to point you to Star Trek: Voyager, which ended its' 7-year run before BSG even began.
                  Star Trek: Voyager ran from 1995 to 2001. Battlestar Galactica ran in 1978–1979.

Obviously, Voyager did indeed rip of Galactica.

Comment

In BSG, I felt sympathy for the characters.
                    Really? After the first season and a half I stopped watching because the characters were just so stupid, and I still just wanted the Cylons to turn up and destroy the fleet.
                    At lest in SGU the characters make intelligent command decisions and they don't trust the suspicious scientist. nBSG they gave the obviously shifty bloke (who talks to himself) a nuke. To sum up:
                    Galactica: crewed by morons
                    Destiny: crewed intelligent people

Comment

Yeah the only dramatical moments for me were the Roslin scenes to be honest.

Comment

Oh what I saw before I kicked the show to the curb I concur with that.

Comment

lol this threads too funny... BSG is nothing like SGU... each show has different mythologys.... ok i do understand that they are in space and stuck on a ship but thats all it is.... hopefully the writers will type up a script with the word "frack" in it just to show the funny side to this thread.....

overall SGU has lost the stargate flare in my opinion.... too many shortcuts have been added in.... the communication stones for one.... i would have preferred destiny to have no contact with earth.... the writing for the stories to be less dark.... more technology being discovered and different alien species to be encountered on different planets.... maybe even some Genii or Replicators..

Comment

Originally posted by A_WRAITH_CALLED_BOB View Post
                            more technology being discovered and different alien species to be encountered on different planets.... maybe even some Genii or Replicators..
                            Seeing as how there stated aim was to get away from just having humans on planets and actually have some real aliens, why would they want to introduce the Genii, who apart from having nothing to do with the part of the Universe they are in, simply consist of some humans with silly hats and uniforms?

Comment

I like the concept of them dealing with each for the first year..
                              Initially you think this is a good idea but then it just ended up being sex or fighting and that is so tiresome.

Initially it was a good idea to have true aliens.
                              At this point I'll take any alien influence.
                              Even Gene Simmons....

Comment

Originally posted by Saquist View Post
                                I like the concept of them dealing with each for the first year..
                                Initially you think this is a good idea but then it just ended up being sex or fighting and that is so tiresome.

Initially it was a good idea to have true aliens.
                                At this point I'll take any alien influence.
                                Even Gene Simmons....
                                CGI aliens can be ok, but its really the story behind them that is important.
                                Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

Working...
                                X