Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Haven (Syfy) - News/Discussion/Speculation

Stephen King returns to TV with a new Syfy series

Syfy has ordered 13 episodes of Haven, a new series based on a Stephen King novella, about a town for cursed people in exile.

The show is based on King's "The Colorado Kid."

Haven centers on a spooky town in Maine where cursed folk live normal lives in exile. When those curses start returning, FBI agent Audrey Parker is brought in to keep those supernatural forces at bay—while trying to unravel the mysteries of Haven.

Scott Shepherd the show runner and executive producer, along with executive producers Lloyd Segan and Shawn Piller. All were producers of USA's much-loved and much-missed The Dead Zone, which ran for six seasons and went off the air in 2008.

Sam Ernst and Jim Dunn are writing the pilot and will also serve as executive producers.

The show will air sometime next year.

Full announcement:
    http://scifiwire.com/2009/11/new-syf...s-based-on.php

Jericho hottie to star in Syfy's Haven

Syfy announced that Emily Rose (Jericho) has joined the cast as the star of Haven, it's upcoming new supernatural drama, based on Stephen King's novella "The Colorado Kid."

Rose will play FBI agent Audrey Parker, who arrives in the small town where people have unusual abilities.

Haven is slated to debut this summer.

Full announcement:
    http://scifiwire.com/2010/02/jericho...medium=twitter

Comment

Bryant, Balfour join Syfy's 'Haven'

Lucas Bryant and Eric Balfour have boarded upcoming Syfy drama Haven, the cable network has announced. The series is based on Stephen King's novella The Colorado Kid. The actors join star Emily Rose on the show, which is expected to premiere this summer.

The series will take place in a town in Maine "where people with supernatural abilities have migrated for generations because it mutes their powers, allowing them to lead normal lives", says Syfy.

Bryant (Queer as Folk, Dollhouse) is to play local cop Nathan Wuornos, who joins Parker's investigation. Balfour (24, Six Feet Under) will portray a mysterious free spirit who lives in the town.

Filming begins this spring in Halifax, Nova Scotia. The series is slated to debut in late 2010.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/new...fys-haven.html

Comment

Syfy summer schedule

?Haven—Premieres Friday, July 9, at 10PM (ET/PT)—New drama series Haven, based on the novella The Colorado Kid from renowned author Stephen King, follows FBI agent Audrey Parker (Emily Rose), who arrives in the small town of Haven, Maine to solve the murder of a local ex-con. Before long, her natural curiosity lands her in the epicenter of activity in this curious enclave, which turns out to be a longtime refuge for people with a remarkable range of supernatural abilities. Among the townspeople are local cop Nathan Wuornos (Lucas Bryant), who eventually becomes Audrey's partner, and the mysterious and charming Duke Crocker (Eric Balfour).
        http://scifiwire.com/2010/03/syfy-su...medium=twitter

Comment

Emily Rose - Haven : SCI FI Wire Exclusive

http://video.syfy.com/online_origina...haven/v1221187

Comment

Because the trailers and premise for this new series have captured my imagination, I wondered whether others were looking forward to watching this show and what storylines you might enjoy seeing explored. Naturally, I'm also hoping there'll be an opportunity for a Michael Shanks character to pop in, but then, I see him in every and anything! Premiere is in a few weeks, at which time we'll know whether this show has promise (and the platform holds possibilities for him!)

Comment

Yep. Ill be watching for sure!
              sigpic

Comment

Haven - Upcoming Episode Descriptions

Spoiler:
                Episode 1.01 - Welcome to Haven
                When FBI Agent Audrey Parker is called to Haven, Maine on a routine case, she finds her assignment has been killed in unexplainable fashion. When strange weather phenomena begin to strike the town – and Audrey – she begins to suspect that not everything is as it seems in Haven. As the weather events grow more destructive, Audrey discovers that someone in town might be more connected to the incidents than she could possibly imagine.

Episode 1.02 - Consumed
                Audrey remains in Haven to follow up on a clue to her own orphan past – an old photo from the local newspaper, of the infamous “Colorado Kid” crime scene, reveals a woman who could be her mother. But Audrey stumbles upon another mysterious event in town, when food, fields, and even livestock around Haven all begin to die, and she joins with Nathan to investigate what the source of the epidemic could be – and what’s really happening in this extraordinary place.

Episode 1.03 - Butterfly
                While Audrey tries to settle in as a Haven local and as a new police officer in town, she and Nathan investigate the seemingly random destruction of a local bar. When other strange events begin to occur – even targeting Audrey herself – they must race to figure what the connection could be, and what or who might be making them happen.

Episode 1.04 - Ball and Chain
                Audrey and Nathan investigate an upheaval at the local psychiatric hospital – where something happened to make the patients normal for a time, but sent their doctor into madness. As they track down the escaped patients, Audrey and Nathan discover that whatever caused the temporary reversal has begun to spill across all of Haven – making normal townspeople go dangerously insane.

http://www.spoilertv.com/2010/06/hav...criptions.html

Comment

Some of those sound like interesting stories. But it to much Eureka but supernatural instead of science base.

I would of like to see something more original.

Comment

Q & A with HAVEN leads Emily Rose and Lucas Bryant as well as series co-creators/executive producers - see link below

http://scifiandtvtalk.typepad.com/sc...g-secrets.html

Comment

I will at least give the first few episodes a shot.
                      sigpic
                      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                      "...phu...ah..."
                      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                        I plan on doing the same!

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                          Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
                          I plan on doing the same!
                          I'm gonna try to watch the first episode. It looks like it's gonna be another Eureka/Warehouse 13 type of show, though, so I don't know if I'll like it enough to stay on.
                          || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

I love King's writing; the man really knows how to write a good story
                            so yes, I'll be tuning in when the first ep airs here on the 12th
                            sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

Just watched the pilot episode. Not overly sold on it yet, but I really like Emily Rose
                              "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Working...
                              X