Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
    I believe the rule is that you are allowed to post such links, but you have to specify the rating (PGR, R rated, etc). But posting a pic such as that directly onto the thread is a no no
    Oh, I didn't mean about the rating I meant about the fact that
    Spoiler:
    It's a manip, not actually Torri and Joe. I remember last time people were posting a manip that was actually used in a replicator epsiode and the mods were going on about that.

! All Aboard The Shipper Train!
    I Heart ! Proud Member of Thunk For Club!
    Don't wait for your ship to come in. Swim out to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
      BTW, FH, I am loving your missing persons' alert for Teyla!
      Thanks! I wish it wasn't necessary though.

Manips aren't allowed in general - that's what I thought anyway. *shrug*
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by nogigglingmajor View Post
        Spoiler:
        It's a manip, not actually Torri and Joe. I remember last time people were posting a manip that was actually used in a replicator epsiode and the mods were going on about that.
        As long as nobody reports it (or as long as you don't post it on a thread watched by the moderators), it's fine

Comment

Originally posted by Torri012 View Post
          have you seen Mamma Mia! in cinema?
          its from that one song 'our last summer' .. colin firth is starting to sing it when they're on the boat

aww, sweet walli
          though the text is extremly hard to read
          everyone dead in here?? *O.o*

anyway.. new sparky wallpaper .. by me *lol*
          what else shall i post?

1024x768 can be found here!

http://pics.livejournal.com/torri012...4ft82/s640x480

okay, thankies

SR: i dont know if its any good but ... sig?...
          its not as dreamy as we both wanted it too, though
          somehow i failed the plot *rofl*

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o.../Banner/SR.jpg
          Auggghhh! I know that ABBA song, and I can't think of the title

Super trooper lights are gonna find me shining like the sun...

All your artwork is amazing!

And no, I haven't seen Mamma Miam although that explains why the lyrics were sort of familiar. 'Our Last Summer' is an ABBA song I'm only vaguely familiar with (although I've got the melody of it in my head that the moment.

To continue with the artwork, my next wallpaper/sig set. Hopefully, a little easier to read.

Sig:

Comment

I voted to save John/Elizabeth.

And, Reiko, I'm with Anuna - I don't understand that game.

But, hey, I voted anyway!
            sigpic
            Signature by Erin87

Comment

I'll try to make any time we have the "Sparky-a-thon" scheduled for. My schedule, unfortunately, is so topsy-turvy on weekends that I can't commit in general but I will try to make it when I can.

I love the Teyla's Missing sig too!

Scary Kitty, did you watch NCIS? Did we get Torri return foreshadowing?

Spoiler:
              Ducky showed up to the crime scene at the beginning of the story in a tuxedo. DiNozzo ragged him about where he'd been all night, and he replied 'to the opera'.

We all know the last person Ducky mentioned with any romantic interest was one Doctor Jordan Hampton! And as she's returning--that would be interesting!

I love David McCallum, and at first I was a bit iffy on a Ducky/Jordan relationship, but thinking back on it now, I think it would be cute, especially as everyone else would be talking about it. I'm very curious as to the next episode she's in!
              Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
                I'll try to make any time we have the "Sparky-a-thon" scheduled for. My schedule, unfortunately, is so topsy-turvy on weekends that I can't commit in general but I will try to make it when I can.

I love the Teyla's Missing sig too!

Scary Kitty, did you watch NCIS? Did we get Torri return foreshadowing?

Spoiler:
                Ducky showed up to the crime scene at the beginning of the story in a tuxedo. DiNozzo ragged him about where he'd been all night, and he replied 'to the opera'.

We all know the last person Ducky mentioned with any romantic interest was one Doctor Jordan Hampton! And as she's returning--that would be interesting!

I love David McCallum, and at first I was a bit iffy on a Ducky/Jordan relationship, but thinking back on it now, I think it would be cute, especially as everyone else would be talking about it. I'm very curious as to the next episode she's in!
                I still haven't seen the first episode she's in.

Weir's Journal - Chapter Three now up

Enjoy.
                BEST OF BOTH WORLDS

Comment

Originally posted by nogigglingmajor View Post
                  Spoiler:
                  I´m sorry, I feel so stupid, sometimes I don´t get what people are trying to explain to me, I´m sorry again . I don´t understand why where the mods going on about the manips, I mean it was of John and Elizabeth the characters that Torri and Joe play, it´s not actually Torri and Joe. And I even put John and Elizabeth on the picture, to make sure it couldn´t be confused.

Originally posted by Pajus View Post
                  As long as nobody reports it (or as long as you don't post it on a thread watched by the moderators), it's fine
                  Ok, I´ll remember that. Thanks for the advise

Comment

Originally posted by emerald_day View Post
                    I´m sorry, I feel so stupid, sometimes I don´t get what people are trying to explain to me, I´m sorry again . I don´t understand why where the mods going on about the manips, I mean it was of John and Elizabeth the characters that Torri and Joe play, it´s not actually Torri and Joe. And I even put John and Elizabeth on the picture, to make sure it couldn´t be confused.
                    Unfortunately there's no difference in look. I can't post my Carter-manips here either cause it's also AT. The line between character and actor is really thin in such cases.
                    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Wormhole View Post
                      I still haven't seen the first episode she's in.

Weir's Journal - Chapter Three now up

Enjoy.
                      The episode she's in is from Season 5, and it's called "Identity Crisis".
                      Spoiler:
                      She plays a fellow Medical Examiner (ME) who Ducky, the ME for NCIS, gets angry with. She examined a body and declared it a suicide; only when Ducky gets it on his table, he discovers it's not a suicide, but a murder victim--it was just nearly impossible to detect because of the way in which the body was murdered.

Ducky marches down to her office to chew her out (not knowing she was a woman, actually, because her name is Jordan Hampton) and discovers it's Torri, and is instantly taken with her (of course!)

Torri's only in two scenes, but in them she plays Jordan as kind, intelligent, and straightforward but with a good sense of humor.

She is mentioned in passing in a later episode during the season, but not seen on camera. However, the mention was good because it demonstrates Ducky's continued interest in her. And we found out from Torri herself during her interview in Germany that she was returning to reprise the role.

If you google "NCIS/Identity Crisis"--there are sites up that stream older episodes of shows for free (like Comcast Fancast). Torri appears about 8 minutes into it in her first scene, then about 10 minutes from the end.

Spoiler:
                      I think that the problem is that manips get close to crossing the line. Though fanfiction that is Adult in content is sorta the same thing, with photo manips you get too close to being able to pass it off a 'real'. The actors never agreed to appear in compromising positions, so placing their faces on other people's bodies in positions they didn't film, whether in character or not, is just a little too edgy.

I believe the rule was that so long as you hyperlink and give a maturity rating, you're alright. You just can't display them in the open here or under spoiler tags.

Comment

Remember that the moderators are like 12 teachers in a kindergarten with 36000 kids. THey have their hands full with not-so-peaceful threads and posts that get reported to care about you posting smutty pictures here (if a moderator ever ventured into the gutter that is the Razzie thread... We'd all be screwed)

Comment

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post

Spoiler:
                          I think that the problem is that manips get close to crossing the line. Though fanfiction that is Adult in content is sorta the same thing, with photo manips you get too close to being able to pass it off a 'real'. The actors never agreed to appear in compromising positions, so placing their faces on other people's bodies in positions they didn't film, whether in character or not, is just a little too edgy.

I believe the rule was that so long as you hyperlink and give a maturity rating, you're alright. You just can't display them in the open here or under spoiler tags.
                          I think you summed it up perfectly.
                          Spoiler:
                          The fact is, this is a public forum and there's a rule about respecting the actors, which, IMO should be adhered to. When you use someone's face, just like Eri said, without his or hers permission, it's easy to cross that thin line between fiction and reality. I think somebody's face is a lot more personal than written fiction, because the same face belongs to both actor and a character.

I write a lot and to me the difference between real person and fictional character is very clear - fictional character being someone I can know inside out, build and re build - because it's fiction. And that precisely is beauty of writing. I also write lot of Adult material - it's fun and it's certain kind of exploration, not only of the character but of yourself too - actually all writing is like having a conversation with yourself, about what you believe, and why. When you write avout a character, you address the things about that character that speak to you, make him or her special or appealing. Intimacy is a very important part of adult life, and when I write I tend not to write 'around' it, but I stay in the realm of fictional.
                          Last edited by Anuna; 15 October 2008, 09:15 AM.
                          I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

okay, thankies

SR: i dont know if its any good but ... sig?...
                            its not as dreamy as we both wanted it too, though
                            somehow i failed the plot *rofl*

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o.../Banner/SR.jpg
                            Aaaiiiieeee! I'm back. My cable suddenly went out yesterday and I just got it back. Some cable idiot was doing repairs down the street and flipped the wrong switch. Moron. Now I'm not just a little behind, I'm a big behind!

Torri, I got the sig and it's perfect. Thanks a million times.

We've all been there. The mods don't like my book cover for The Long Hot Summer starring Joe and Torri. I understand and am even a bit ashamed of all the icons I've done with certain shirtless pics. But in my defense, that's John not Joe. Hee.
                            sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                              Aaaiiiieeee!
                              We've all been there. The mods don't like my book cover for The Long Hot Summer starring Joe and Torri. I understand and am even a bit ashamed of all the icons I've done with certain shirtless pics. But in my defense, that's John not Joe. Hee.
                              You feel ashamed? In your defense he did agree to play shirtless John. So there. *g*

I think we got bored. We need another game 'round here... how was that "six degrees of Sparky" played. Eri?
                              I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Alright, let's have some fun...

Common Ground

Of all the episodes of Season 3, I believe this one to probably be the best in terms of writing, action, characterization and story. While there are other episodes dearer to our hearts, perhaps, nothing really beats "Common Ground" in terms of the blend of elements. There is nothing I don't like about it's content--and only one gripe about a thing that I wish they'd added. Other than that, it is a truly exceptional episode, one which I wish we'd had many, many more like.

Common Ground earns it's initial props by bringing back one of SGA's most exceptional villains. Acastus Kolya, played by the brilliant Robert Davi, returns to take John Sheppard hostage. Just given the history of Sheppard and Kolya, we know immediately this is going to be good (okay, not immediately, as a later Sheppard/Kolya meeting is dubbed my absolute least favorite episode in the whole history of Stargate--but for our purposes Kolya taking Sheppard hostage is good).

This writer intelligently cuts the carp of everyone worrying about John's initial disappearance and allows them to think smart--they know it's connected to the Genii. Within the first five minutes we get prop number 2--they bring in Ryan Robbins, aka Ladon Radim, a character I've enjoyed since The Storm/The Eye two parter. (Sparkys love him too because he usually accompanies a great Sparky episode.)

One of the things I really love about this episode is how well the writer--Ken Cuperus is his name, he wrote only two other episodes for SGA--seems to understand the characters. From my perspective, he puts no silly words into the mouths of the actors. Elizabeth, in particular, gets fantastic treatment here. I love her attitude with regards to Ladon. She maintains her position as negotiator and head of state while still letting it be known to Ladon that he's walking a fine line.

One little piece of OOC dialogue...in the scene where Ladon initially arrives, did anyone else catch Teyla snap at Ladon that he's not to be trusted?

Ronon and Elizabeth don't get too much playing time in SGA canon. We find a little more down the road, but I like how Ronon, despite his anger, is capable of being pulled back by Elizabeth simply by her words. She keeps him in check throughout this episode, and he listens to her, despite his better judgment. He's not afraid to voice his opinion, but he respects her, and that's awesome.

DEX: With you, who knows? All I know is my friend has been kidnapped and you had something to do with it.
                                LADON: Which is why I have walked away from significant responsibilities as leader of my people to come here and offer our help. Now, you can either let me *do* that, or you can continue to berate me for my mistake. The choice is yours.
                                DEX: Oh, we have more choices than that.
                                WEIR: Ronon!
                                LADON: I see no reason to stay here if this is how I am to be treated.
                                DEX: Trust me, you're not goin' anywhere.
                                WEIR: Ronon, I understand how you feel. Believe me, I do. But we're gonna deal with this my way. (She looks at Ladon.) Let's continue this in my office ...

And what nefarious plan is Kolya up to? A pretty dang nefarious one, actually. Kolya shocks both us and the Atlantis team with the revelation that he will use a Wraith to feed on John--in exchange for Ladon's life.

I think one of the reasons I really enjoy "Common Ground" is because it feels like a 'grown-up' storyline inside a world of kiddie sci-fi. Not that episodes with Wraith popping out at us aren't scary, or replicator induced comas storylines are shows intended for kids, but "Common Ground" carries with it a kind of dark realism that is not typically SGA's nature. It resembles Michael in that sense.

Example begins with highlight three (if you can call it that)--there's no hedging. Kolya threatens Elizabeth with John's being tortured. John orders her not to bend. She hesitates in acceding to answering his demands. In response, he tortures John in a way that every single person who was not spoiled for this episode went 'what the H#*&?'--you can't do that to Sheppard, how's he going to recover?' Elizabeth's reaction is one of anger mixed with horror and helplessness. It's just brilliant.

Kolya is as tied to hurting Weir as he is to Sheppard. When he first asks for Elizabeth, his response at her acknowledgment? "Oh, good. I wanted to be certain you were there to see this."

Elizabeth's lines this episode are fantastic: "You just crossed a line, Kolya."

John's been chatting friendly with his cellmate until after the first feeding. It is only then that he realizes his buddy next door is actually the Wraith who just fed on him.

As with The Real World, SGA season 3 writers foreshadow the reoccurrence of a storyline that will actually become important for Seasons 4 and 5--the introduction of Todd, the Wraith with whom John shares a 'common ground'. Again, credit to the writer for creating a Wraith who was as interesting as he was deadly. For the first time, we hear a justification made for why Wraith do what they do. A creepy, disturbing, still-don't-like-em justification, but at least it's there. It certainly adds a whole new element to the Wraith-Atlantis relationship--as we see in later seasons.

Joe Flanigan will be hot well into his sixties. This episode taught us that.

Back on Atlantis, the team has 3 hours to decide what to do next. Elizabeth's options are limited--hand over Ladon to Kolya in exchange for John, or find out where Kolya is and storm the premises to rescue John.

And, as we are so rarely given, we are treated to Elizabeth's truly playing negotiator and head of Atlantis at the same time. She is not like the other members of John's team--her concern can't solely be for Sheppard. She has to consider her position with regards to the Genii with Ladon and she has to consider Ladon's life as well. What I like about the conference room scene is how her decisions are final when she states them, and she plays both sides of the line really well. She doesn't call Ronon off his threats to Ladon, but she orders a rescue mission first. And she clearly implies that, despite John's final order not to bend to Kolya, it's not Sheppard's decision to make.

There is a nice little scene between her and Beckett--and I have to ask--how many of you, even being spoiled, were completely confused as to how John would possibly go back to being Sheppard after that first feeding?

Coming up...a botched rescue attempt, Elizabeth holds her ground (on both ends), and Kolya reveals he's a true Sparky fan.
                                Last edited by Eri13; 15 October 2008, 11:47 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X