X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
    No. If anything Darren and David are little to positive about the show
    I was more worried about what's being said in the voicemail than them.
    sigpic

Comment

Darren,

SGA premiered with 4.19 Million viewers, FYI, not 3 Million viewers. Which still holds the record for Syfy for Series premiere. Sorry to correct you.

http://www.multichannel.com/article/...sts_Sci_Fi.php

As always, great podcast guys, hope there will be more Stargate after SGU to chat about!
      Last edited by Briangate78; 24 January 2011, 04:18 PM.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Egle01 View Post
        I was more worried about what's being said in the voicemail than them.
        There are only 2 and they are pretty tame to be honest Egle01.
        sigpic
        ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
        A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
        The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Just a question Darren & David.
          In the first section of the podcast where you are talking about the move to Tuesday and "crossover" viewership, I was wondering why you used DWTS as your comparison point as opposed to NCIS which has more comparative "similarities" to Stargate in general?

Cheers
          Gatefan 1976
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
            There are only 2 and they are pretty tame to be honest Egle01.
            Okay, thanks for answering.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Egle01 View Post
              Okay, thanks for answering.
              There is a certain amount of entitlement claiming going on and a certain amount of "SGU isn't Stargate" attitude, so be careful.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lahela View Post
                There is a certain amount of entitlement claiming going on and a certain amount of "SGU isn't Stargate" attitude, so be careful.
                Well they are from "other side" so to speak, so a certain amount of opposing viewpoint is to be expected yeah? You have got to admit its pretty tame for what *could* have been said, especially in comparison to the total serving Syfy copped.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lahela View Post
                  SGU = Stargate

But focus on the ship more than generous ... huh.?
                  I so sorry to write in a language that may not be strong enough. Do not understand the need to apologize for their kind.

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
                    Well they are from "other side" so to speak, so a certain amount of opposing viewpoint is to be expected yeah? You have got to admit its pretty tame for what *could* have been said, especially in comparison to the total serving Syfy copped.
                    I didn't say it shouldn't be there, just giving Egle a heads-up.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                      SGA premiered with 4.19 Million viewers, FYI, not 3 Million viewers.
                      Ah, yep -- I had the 3.2 HH rating on the brain. (Back then we talked in ratings # terms, now we talk in people # terms.)
                      GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
                      The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
                      Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Hey guys

Many thanks for the last two podcasts. I found “SGU Season Two So Far” insightful, and “SGU Cancellation Shout-Back” enlightening. I am looking forward to your next podcast on the Science of SGU, and would like to offer a suggestion that relates to the topic. For the last three months, I’ve been following a series on PBS called “Closer To Truth” by Dr. Robert Lawrence Kuhn. It deals with cosmos, consciousness, and God. If you haven’t discovered this series already, I highly recommend it to every fan of Stargate and every fan of science.

Comment

they dont a peticiononline that we could save stargate sgu

Comment

Great podcasts. I could have left this as a comment on the podcast page, but Wordpress isn't sending out confirmation/password recovery emails.

Anyways, in today's podcast you ask whether any other shows had been brought back from cancellation, and I thought I'd mention one show that has. That show being Family Guy. When it first aired, it got canceled. However DvD and fan demand was so high that is was brought back and has been airing ever since. It even spawned a spin off and a close cousin!

It's not impossible, just highly unlikely in today's market.

Comment

Originally posted by Dex Luther View Post
                              Great podcasts. I could have left this as a comment on the podcast page, but Wordpress isn't sending out confirmation/password recovery emails.

Anyways, in today's podcast you ask whether any other shows had been brought back from cancellation, and I thought I'd mention one show that has. That show being Family Guy. When it first aired, it got canceled. However DvD and fan demand was so high that is was brought back and has been airing ever since. It even spawned a spin off and a close cousin!

It's not impossible, just highly unlikely in today's market.
                              Shows that where brought back for instance "Futurama", "Jericho", "Serenity/Firefly" (kind of, in movie form), "Star Trek classic", "Babylon V" switched networks for the fifth season, "Twilight Zone".
                              "JAG" was dumped by NBC after season one, then CBS picked it up and ran it for about 9 years, "Baywatch" had the same "fate" after season one.' 7th Heaven'
                              "Matlock" found a couple of extra years of life on ABC after NBC canned it and "Roswell".
                              sigpic

Comment

Not sure if this has come up yet but if you could review the Stargate novels esp the new SGA legacy series which is basically SGA season 6. Unlike the other books it's not an in between episode book but a post finale story

Comment

Working...
                                X