No announcement yet.

Continuing Stargate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyway, good to have you back, man. Nice story.
    sigpic

The New GateWorld Virtual Fleet Database

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
      News alert: Stargate: Universe has just been cancelled by SyFy... which means I guess I'll have to add a third continuation eventually. Sad day for the franchise nonetheless, I'll miss the show...
      wait...so if, say someone ends their series, YOUR the one who continues it?

*looks around*

*sneakily edges huge "mah fAn ThiCtioN" folder onto S09119's desk*

[''... I laugh at your reality..''][ STARGATE FAN COMIC: 'Hallowed Turf' ] [-DeviantArt-] [ ".... and a seagull."]

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Choo1701 View Post
        wait...so if, say someone ends their series, YOUR the one who continues it?

*looks around*

*sneakily edges huge "mah fAn ThiCtioN" folder onto S09119's desk*

We're going to need a bigger hard drive!

Honestly, that just made me think of s09 as the head of some secret society that takes dead fics and continues them.

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Tom View Post
          We're going to need a bigger hard drive!

Honestly, that just made me think of s09 as the head of some secret society that takes dead fics and continues them.
          No, just cancelled Stargate shows haha. In all honesty, the problem with SG-1 is that I had the entire story planned out so long ago that it feels like I've already finished it up. Having to type it all out isn't as entertaining as it used to be, though of course I plan on finishing it ASAP.
          Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
          Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

hahah/ great cliffhanger. nice episode to come back on so9. hope you have time to pound out those episodes. I understand its less fun. i've hit that point with making my music sometimes, but you grind through b/c the end result is worth it and its worth it to say that you did this and that you can do it in the future.

anyway, great to have you back. happy holidays, all that jazz...

no rush on SGU. I'd rather you tackle atlantis if your up to it, lol
            Check out my music on Youtube and iCompositions.com

http://www.youtube.com/user/phildebrand2http://www.icompositions.com/artists/olympus/
            sigpic

Enjoy!

Comment

Great to see this series is back up and running, Helps distract me from the fact i may be stranted in another country for christmas

"Oddly, this is familiar to you, as if it were from an old dream, but you can't exactly remember..."

Comment

Hey guys...quick question. I know it's been asked and ansered before but I just forgot. So sorry about that.

Now I just got done re-watching SG-1 and begining Atlantis, and finally getting around reading all of this story, I haven't got myself to get past Season 12 yet, but thats gonna change.
                So did s09119 ever explain the period where Carter wwas in charge of atlantis but also in Season 12 of SG1 ?

Comment

There was an episode in season 11, "Midway" I think, where Dr. Weir is mentioned. And given that season 11 is set at the same time as season 4 of Atlantis then I assume Weir would still be in command, unless "Midway" is set before "First Strike". So I think the ssumption is that someone else took command of Atlantis during season 4...
                  SG Vennix
                  (Executive Producer/Creator)
                  - Coming Soon -
                  http://vennixproductions.wikia.com/

Star Chronicles: Dark Frontier
                  (Executive Producer/Creator)

Comment

Originally posted by Dan93 View Post
                    So I think the ssumption is that someone else took command of Atlantis during season 4...
                    Which is what happened. Sam Carter took over S4.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dan93 View Post
                      There was an episode in season 11, "Midway" I think, where Dr. Weir is mentioned. And given that season 11 is set at the same time as season 4 of Atlantis then I assume Weir would still be in command, unless "Midway" is set before "First Strike". So I think the ssumption is that someone else took command of Atlantis during season 4...
                      I love how some people know this stuff better than I do... also some of those episode titles that I used before one of the shows did is going to cause headaches haha. "Midway" and "Resurgence" come to mind.

But yes, since Carter remains head of SG-1 for a while, the assumption is that Woolsey simply takes command a year earlier than he otherwise would have. She has a very brief stint after Weir goes missing, but it's not long enough to actually account for her missing from one show or another. Just a temporary commander while Woolsey is brought up to speed and brought over.
                      Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                      Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

And S09 trumps my explanation. Dayum x.x
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Thor View Post
                          And S09 trumps my explanation. Dayum x.x
                          I think it's under the Notes section of each continuation's page, that's all. Plus I mean, I did write all this, I kind of have an unfair advantage when it comes to explaining it haha.

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
                            I think it's under the Notes section of each continuation's page, that's all. Plus I mean, I did write all this, I kind of have an unfair advantage when it comes to explaining it haha.
                            Touché, then I look forward to seeing you on the preverbial battlefield when I hae nerded up on your continuation.
                            sigpic

Comment

the gauntlet is thrown.
                              Check out my music on Youtube and iCompositions.com

http://www.youtube.com/user/phildebrand2http://www.icompositions.com/artists/olympus/
                              sigpic

Enjoy!

Comment

16x11 "Shadow Dancing" (Part 2 of 2)
                                Synopsis: The Alliance launches a full-scale invasion into the Aschen Confederation, leaving Jonas Quinn and Maj. Eaton caught in the crossfire.
                                Spoiler:
                                ((30 second recap of "In Purgatory's Shadow"))

Light-years from Dar Eshkalon, a cross-species armada hangs in formation around a Venii FTL relay. Sitting in her command chair aboard the MBP-305 Jupiter, Col. Samantha Carter watches as the gigantic space station before her lights up, its arms pulling apart in preparation to transport something. Tapping her radio, Sam warns the other ships to get ready for whatever's coming through, recommending shields be set to maximum and weapons primed. Wary, the Aurora and several ha'tak pull back, unsure of what's going on. The crews of the Earth, Free Jaffa, and Venii craft watch as the construct activates, a blinding flash of white light filling the space between them.

Deep within Confederation space, another relay is likewise flashing as its transport subroutine fires. Several Aschen warships just clear the activation radius, darting out of the naquadria minefield they had just finished laying. Unfortunately for them, the sudden blast of energy vaporizes those mineral clusters closest to the station, and the unstable elements explode in massive shockwaves. A chain reaction all the way out to the flagship destroys most of the battlecruisers, pounding them flat before ripping them to shreds. On the bridge of his warship, Mollem watches in a rare combination of horror and fury as his vessels are incinerated, then grabs at the nearest console when the blast hits his position. Though the flagship is far enough out from the epicenter to avoid destruction, it takes heavy damage and is knocked into a spin.

On her end, Sam watches the flash subside, but all that seems to have come through is rocky debris. Glancing at her scopes, she notes that the jamming on the other relay is still down and decides their chances aren't going to get much better than this. Leaning back, she gives the order for the armada to prepare for transit. Tapping her radio, she requests a message be relayed via Dar Eshkalon to the ISGC, and proceeds to tell Dr. Talbot that they're initiating the attack. They'll attempt to maintain contact but it's going to be difficult given the scarcity of friendly transmitters within Confederation space. Reinforcements should be arriving soon to come through the relay, though this is all that will be going with the initial push. If all goes well, they'll dial in from Aschae with good news, but until then, it's time to end this.

As al'kesh and ha'tak glide past, the Jupiter and Aurora take the lead position. They're packing the most firepower and defensive ability of any ship in the gorup... at least until a hyperspace window ejects the ha'tak'ko Hak'tyl into the area. Radioing Carter, Admiral Kitel apologizes for his late arrival, blaming an extended conflict with rogue Der'kal near Ankgor before an unexpected withdrawal. But Sam's just glad he made it on time for the main event, and directs his pilot to bring the mothership up into formation with the 305s. Between the Earth ships' weapons, the Jaffa's numbers, and the Venii's maneuverability, they should be more than capable of outwitting any Aschen forces they encounter. While her helmsman sends the activation command to the relay, she watches the ships alongside her own and just shakes her head, hardly able to believe that all the death and heartache and devastation could end today. Steeling herself for arrival, she and her crew watch breathlessly as the station fires its transporter, teleporting them countless light years away in an instant.

They appear in an identical flash in the debris field that's the remnants of Mollem's fleet. Death gliders, Venii interceptors, and F-302s, closer followed by their respective bomber counterparts, pour out of their respective hangers and stream toward the few remaining Aschen cruisers on the far side of the relay, their carriers already opening fire. To their credit, the hopelessly outnumbered defenders are quick to respond, and their mass drivers pelt away at their enemies' shields. The two sides finally come together in a less-than-impressive collision, as the Aschen are already retreating to attempt a retreat through hyperspace.

On the relay station itself, Maj. Eaton watches helplessly as canisters of a deadly virus release their cargo down the hall in the ring room. Shouting for Jonas to find the control room's door controls, she backs up into the far wall and stares on as a cloud of nearly-transparent gas floats towards them. Finally locating the appropriate panel, Jonas punches on the activation key and breathes a sigh of relief when thick blast doors slide closed just a few feet ahead of the encroaching virus cloud. Collapsing in front of the control console, Rebbecca says that they need to stop cutting things this close, a sentiment her companion is quick and eager to echo.

Pulling up the communications system, Jonas hails the Jupiter and requests a beam-out onto the 305. They've finished their mission and with the ring room filled with a deadly pathogen, there's no other way off the station. From her command chair on the bridge, Sam's happy to oblige, nodding to a crewman to initiate the Asgard beam. An instant later, the two of them materialize in front of her, thrilled to see nothing but Tau'ri around them. Carter begins to congratulate them on a job well done, but Eaton interrupts by insisting they're not finished yet. Their job was to open a path for an Alliance invasion of Aschae, and they had anticipated stopping their first and scoping out its defenses. With this change of plans they have no idea what's waiting for them, and Rebbecca can't justify letting them all fly into suicide.

Sighing, Sam admits that she has a point, and asks Jonas if he thinks they can still pull off that leg of their mission. He doesn't see any reason why not, given the day and a half they have left on their Aschen gene therapy ("In Purgatory's Shadow"). But if they're going to do this, they'll have to move now, before Mollem's fleet makes the jump into hyperspace. Carter nods and has her weapons crew target the flagship to take down its shields, hammering at them just long enough to deplete them so an Asgard beam can get through. She tosses Rebecca a small long-range communications device and tells her to use the time wisely, then contact them when they've learned what kind of firepower the enemy has waiting. They can't afford to wait forever, but she'll give them a good head start before they leave to give chase. Pulling Eaton aside, Jonas reminds her that while Mollem may know they ringed out to the relay, he's probably still going to be paranoid about infiltrators. They should try and keep snooping to an absolute minimum, but Rebbecca tells him not to worry. After all, SG-1 are the kings of subtlety, a claim Jonas isn't sure he really believes.

While the Alliance forces continue to chase the Aschen away from the Venii station, a flash of light deposits Jonas and Rebbecca onto the enemy flagship yet again, this time down on the engineering deck. The sound of mass drivers firing and plasma impacts echo through the halls, which have becomes mysteriously empty since they were last around. No doubt the crew and passengers have moved to safe zones for the duration of the battle. Not wasting any time, the two of them head toward the cargo bay. They'll need to commandeer a craft of some kind when they arrive at Aschae, and hopefully they can find something down there with a hyperdrive.

On the bridge, Mollem finishes transmitting a message and slams his fist down on a console as one of his precious remaining battlecruisers is torn apart. Finished with this, he orders what's left of his fleet into hyperspace for the homeworld. A window opens and the flagship shoots into it, leaving the carnage behind as he races deeper into Confederation space. Then he manages to calm himself, orders his crew to keep up their sweep of the ship for intruders, and ducks into his private room. Booting up the strategic hologram projector, he lets out a long breath and sets down to examine the battle he just departed.

Quite a ways away, Vala Mal Doran is having some morning coffee in the ISGC gate room, staring out at the sparkling New York harbor. Cameron Mitchell comes up behind her and asks what she's thinking about, noting her furrowed brow. Turning, Vala admits that she's just a little worried about Sam, Rebbecca, and Jonas. They're on their own out there and there's nothing the rest of them can do about it. Grinning, Mitchell assures her that they'll be fine, particularly with Carter at the helm of the attack. She and one of the Confederation's leaders, Mollem, have a personal history ("2010"/"2001"/"Resurgence"/"Power Play"), and she has no intention of letting him or his people escape justice yet again.

(Beginning of "Shadow Dancing," see next two posts for more.)

Comment

Working...
                                X