Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone here looked really close At the Atlantis Season 3 boxset?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All these images are really great ,and thanks for sharing them,but please remember to take out the IMG tags in re-quoted photos and captures.

In the case of large images ,just pop a spoiler tag round the img tags ,as people who have slow connections or dial up have big problems viewing.

Thanks guys !
    The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

I've noticed within the last few years of SG, the characters on the boxsets look heavily photoshopped

Ok I can't find a picture of the back of the SGA S4 cover but it has aways struck me as odd that they have a picture of Carter (with short hair) that is obviously from SG1 where they have wacked an atlantis badge on her shoulder

Originally posted by Duneknight View Post
      not as bad the BSG cover this year:
      http://cache.gawker.com/assets/image...tlestar_01.jpg
      I don't watch the show, but that is terrible!

Originally posted by RodneyIsGodney View Post
      I'm surprised no one picked up on the fact that Sheppard is flipped around, the wristband is on the wrong wrist!
      It explains why he looks strange...everyone looks odd when you flip them around
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Amaunet View Post

Ok I can't find a picture of the back of the SGA S4 cover but it has aways struck me as odd that they have a picture of Carter (with short hair) that is obviously from SG1 where they have wacked an atlantis badge on her shoulder
        I came to post the exact same thing, I noticed it the other day. Very poor.

Comment

Originally posted by Duneknight View Post
          not as bad the BSG cover this year:
          http://cache.gawker.com/assets/image...tlestar_01.jpg
          OMG! It looks like Lee's looking at Kara's chest!
          sigpic
          Follow me on Twitter! I'm on Facebook!

Comment

Originally posted by Reiko View Post
            We had a conversation about this in another S3 boxset thread. Why isn't Carson on it either. Why does Lizzie have a gun!?
            [sarcasm]It gets better.[/sarcasm]

If you look closely at Weir in the Region 1 S3 cover, you'll notice that her head has been photoshopped onto Teyla's body (which has also been flipped). The watch is the giveaway. Weir always wears a goldtone wristwatch with a brown leather band on her left wrist, with the face on the inside of the wrist; the one that "Weir's" body on the DVD cover is wearing is a black and silver digital watch (just like the one Teyla usually wears) with the face on the outside of the wrist, and it's on the right wrist.
            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Reiko View Post
              And here's a bigger version of good!boxset:

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f..._s3set_fpo.jpg
              Wish I had that one!, I hate the S3 box I have now...i'd buy a new one for just a better box! I really hate the Season 1 box I have also, its the really chessy one...
              Last edited by TameFarrar; 17 February 2009, 04:05 AM. Reason: repost pic

Comment

Originally posted by Automission View Post
                Wow, that looks shockingly cheesy. no offence. Just looks really, B movie Sci fi. The gates even wrong! O_O
                None taken. The gate was the first thing I noticed. Couldn't believe it! I'm still happy I have it tho!

Originally posted by WraithHumor View Post
                Alright that's it I'm going to stop being lazy, go into the next room and get my DVD cover of season 1, because it is WAY better than that. Post inc.

Outside:
                Spoiler tagged for image size.

Inside:
                Spoiler tagged for image size.
                WOW!

Scans don't really do it justice, as it's all shiny and metallicy and looks really cool. Always caught my eye in the shops. Must be an Australian thing. And yeah I can't believe how cheesy that cover you posted looks RIG Can't believe they released something looking like that.
                My season 2 DVD box set is exactly like that!

Originally posted by Amaunet View Post
                I've noticed within the last few years of SG, the characters on the boxsets look heavily photoshopped

Here ya go!

You can see her zat on her hip! Do they really think we're that stupid... or blind?

It explains why he looks strange...everyone looks odd when you flip them around
                That's for sure!

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post

If you look closely at Weir in the Region 1 S3 cover, you'll notice that her head has been photoshopped onto Teyla's body (which has also been flipped). The watch is the giveaway. Weir always wears a goldtone wristwatch with a brown leather band on her left wrist, with the face on the inside of the wrist; the one that "Weir's" body on the DVD cover is wearing is a black and silver digital watch (just like the one Teyla usually wears) with the face on the outside of the wrist, and it's on the right wrist.
                Un-believeable!
                Last edited by TameFarrar; 17 February 2009, 04:06 AM.
                sigpic
                Sig by ME.

Comment

okay got season one tonight.... wooo!! and its VERY SHINY! *happy* decided it wasn't so bad and its time to collect SGA. I knew I would get it anyway. just like I'll watch SGU.

Comment

Originally posted by WraithHumor View Post
                    Season 1 boxset is the only one for me that looks any kind of decent. Seasons 2-4 John/Joe seems to always look like he doesn't belong there in some way shape or form. For seasons 3 and 4 it's clearly the facial expressions that seriously make him look....mentally disabled?

Season season he just stands out from the rest of the cover way too much, like he was photoshopped in at the last minute and they forgot to make him blend in with the rest of the image.

But I've always especially hated the season 3 boxset, I'm glad I'm not the only one
                    hes just funny looking

*points and giggles*
                    YOUR STARGATE IS CROOKED!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Automission View Post
                      I mean, go fetch it now, go on go fetch it. Now, look at the cover. Look at the characters faces. What is up with that?! Lets go left to right. Teyla's face appears pretty normal, okay. Rodney's face. It looks really thin, and he appears to be wearing red eyeliner.
                      John's face looks like someone twisted it around, as the head doesn't match the neck of his body. Weir's face seems alright, but then Ronon's face looks odd again. His cheeks look really small and thin, while his eyes look more stretched.

Now who designed this box cover? They really messed it up, no? Seems they were only able to do clear detail on the women's faces!
                      oh i know what you are talking about it is awful , i don't know who designed it but that is bad , i have a similiar thread that i wrote when this show was being released on DVD you may want to check it out some folks have posted an alternate cover for those who could not stand that one
                      sigpic
                      May the odds be ever in your Favor ! oh and please say hello to me on Skype and Facebook

Comment

You can see her zat on her hip! Do they really think we're that stupid... or blind?
                        Apparently they do!

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post

Eek! Thats creepy

Its like the S5 Promotional Pics where they all look like they are floating

sigpic

Comment

Heh... the anti-grav is damaged...

I have both S1 and 2 from Great Britain, so the same for me. But i have both S3 and 4 from the spanish release and are rather "weird"... specially Season 3. Same R2 covers.
                          The Season 1 set on Spain also had a "strange" cover, nothing but the titles and an ocean and fish, i'll get a pic and post it.
                          Done, Minimalistic at its best

Carson Beckett M. D.: How come I never make friends like that?
                          Dr. Rodney McKay: You need to get out more.
                          ...We're in another galaxy. How much more out can you get?

Comment

the floating is just thanks to the reflection of the chairs

i never was a big fan of the box-set covers, the box-cover should be impressive instead of just featuring the important characters in a series, you should use those as a background on the backside.

Comment

Hello
                              I know most of you are really good at doing this

But for those that are new or missed the big announcement at the top of the Character & Relationship Folder & Off Topic Folder......

Just a reminder that we have requested that you DO NOT REPOST pictures. Please change the IMG tags to URL when quoting a picture.

If you are unsure how to do this, it means that you literally change the letters IMG, /IMG to URL, /URL and it will change the picture to a link in the quoted post

We are asking for this due to bandwidth it uses on the server and you can help lower that as well as be thought of as wonderful to our Dial-Up members

Those announcements also have our size rules listed.

Post not adhering to this will be deleted. The Moderators will not be changing the tags any longer

Thanks
                              TameFarrar
                              GateWorld Moderator

Side note : this is a Forum wide issue no one member is being pinpointed
                              Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by ijffdrie View Post
                                the floating is just thanks to the reflection of the chairs
                                THANK YOU! I have always thought that!
                                sigpic
                                Sig by ME.

Comment

Working...
                                X