Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CazzBlade View Post
    *claps*

I don't think the issue is having John as the father, I definately think they made the right decision there. I think the issue is how poorly they've handled Kanaan. They knew RL was pregnant when filming Doppleganger so they could have slipped in a line somewhere hinting that she had started seeing someone (maybe mentioning how she was unsure of the relationship because she had feelings for someone else also), then when we found out she was pregnant it wouldn't have been such a 'whoa, she's been seeing an Athosian??' Then possibly she could have regretted the relationship or it turned out she'd already called it off. Or they could have not found Kanaan with Michael or killed him off after finding him with Michael. In other words I think there were many things they could have done with the pregnancy situation that would have meant John not being the father but also not hving Teyla shacked up with another man.

Also, there was some mention of PM not being a JT supporter, I'm sure I've heard before that he isn't against JT, he just didn't think two of the main characters should have a baby together, that was his objection, not the JT relationship.

Haven't listened to that one yet But I have definately heard this reasoning before.

Haven't heard the bit about Nancy before though.

If Rodney is emotionally developed enough to be a father then so is John. I totally disagree that he isnt capable of being in a relationship. The writers were just using this to keep JT at a status quo. They are so used to throwing in their inuendoes for every relationship they have ever done on Stargate they just didnt have the guts to go forward and do a real relationship when RL pregnancy forced their hand.

JT had been building up for 3 years and we are meant to believe that it was impossible that John and Teyla actually took the next step, but yet believable that Teyla was off sleeping with another man whilst keeping all of this from her closest friends. They deliberatly didnt have John or Teyla make a move because they were happy to leave their relationship dangling indefinitley. When asked if they would take JT forward they came up with their usual excuses (excues which got totally blown out the window when it came to a relationship they DID want to persue).

They are the writers, its up to them to make things work. But even if they didnt want to make John the father they still totally messed up with the whole Kanaan affair and it was all just lazy writing, nothing more. No one seems to want to put any effort into anything except McKeller. We had a whole episodes devoted to this out of the blue relationship in their desparation to give Rodney a happy ever after and all the excuses they used for JT not to get together seem to have gone out the window when it comes to Rodney and keller. Why now is it ok for 2 main characters to get together, why are they so eager for Rodney to be a father but so unbelievable for John. What inpropriety is their in John having a baby with Teyla but yet ok for Keller to be having a relalionship with her patient, and stroking his head and listening to him announce his love for her whilst mentally unstable... its just all excuses ... the writers could have gone with JT if they wanted to... Teyla could have been on another team.. people who work closly together can fall in love.. but this wasnt their vision of the characters.. they wanted John to remain the womanising flirt and that fitted into their little idea of him.... they totally ruined Teyla with their rediculous fairy tale romance story for her... but any obstacle is quickly overcome for Rodney... lets just make sure he gets his happy ever after... who cares about any relationships we have been building up for the previous 4 years..
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by scifan View Post
      WOW!!! That was fast! And you're welcome hun.

Troublemaker. Oh! And I love your gif with Cuddy and House.

I'm gonna wait to make any comments for now. It's really mentally draining and depressing. Well, at least for me.
      I posted a question and I Really hope he answers it.
      Me, my cauldron and my giant stirring spoon are getting on mighty well right now!
      don't worry, soon we won't have to say goodbye.

facebook | Celebrate Scotland |livejournal

Comment

Originally posted by gater101 View Post
        Me, my cauldron and my giant stirring spoon are getting on mighty well right now!
        Naughty girl. I see you changed your sig too.

Comment

Naughty girl. I see you changed your sig too.
          *innocent face*

Me?

*points to self*
          Spoiler:
          MUUUUWWWAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

Comment

*innocent face*

Me?

*points to self*
            Spoiler:
            MUUUUWWWAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

Comment

*falls to the floor*

*gets back up*

Whaaaaa...?

I've jst been hit with an SGA plot bunny.

That's surprising.

Look forward to "The One Where It Was Nancy Who Came To Atlantis".

Comment

*falls to the floor*

*gets back up*

Whaaaaa...?

I've jst been hit with an SGA plot bunny.

That's surprising.

Look forward to "The One Where It Was Nancy Who Came To Atlantis".
                Well, I guess you have an idea for fics now.

I liked Nancy out of all the other woman, but Love Teyla more.

Comment

Happy 4900 pages to us!

Donna - Feel better!

Comment

Originally posted by MrsB108 View Post
                    Happy 4900 pages to us!

Donna - Feel better!
                    Yeah US!!!!

Comment

Well, I guess you have an idea for fics now.

I liked Nancy out of all the other woman, but Love Teyla more.
                      The Sheppard fan in me absolutely loves the idea of Nancy

It will be JT and JN, I'm afraid

Comment

Just heard from Lordy He misses everyone and hopefully he'll be back posting after Christmas

I would read that fic Laura

What we do in life echoes in eternity - Gladiator vghUp the Blades!

Comment

The Sheppard fan in me absolutely loves the idea of Nancy

It will be JT and JN, I'm afraid
                          Well, that's alot better then JL.

Originally posted by CazzBlade View Post
                          Just heard from Lordy He misses everyone and hopefully he'll be back posting after Christmas

I would read that fic Laura

Oh thanks hun!!! I can't wait to see him posting in here again.

I also miss, Steph. I hope she pops in soon.

There are so many that we don't get to see because of RL or JT woes. I hope they pay us a visit soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
                            Ooh really??? CAn I???
                            Definitely! And, in case you forgot what this was about... ()
                            You can snag the Lorne icon I made the other day.

Originally posted by YappiChick View Post
                            December RR

Prompts: Either John or Teyla dies and the other must go back in time to rescue him/her.

List of Authors
                            TeylaFan
                            Hope
                            Snowball
                            Linda
                            Ruby
                            YappiChick
                            MrsB
                            Cazz
                            Scifan

If I forgot anyone (no surprise!), just let me know and I'll add you to the list.
                            Yaay! *bounces* Gimme a sec to write my part!

--

Welcome back Ruby!!
                            *Beautiful sig by Scifan!*

“Because you can.”

--

Comment

Here goes.

Round Robin December

Part 1:

Spoiler:
                              Death was something he had faced many times in his life. So far, he had always managed to escape its clutches, if barely on occasions.
                              On the battlefield, there was no time for fear, doubt, or any other emotion but determination. The will to live.

He’d seen many people die, some losses more devastating than others, each one corroding his heart.

His will to live was strong, unwavering. It was something he relied on to keep him sane, not to loose hope. And it had never failed him before.

That was why, when the moment he saw her die, he was shocked to find that he wanted to die with her. He’d wanted to die for her, but he had failed. Right before his eyes, just metres away, she was struck a fatal blow…
                              She wouldn’t ever smile at him again, or kick his butt in the gym. Ever.

And he was sure that this time, his heart wouldn’t recover from the damage done to it.
                              *Beautiful sig by Scifan!*

“Because you can.”

--

Comment

WOOT! TF that was an awesome start!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X