No announcement yet.

John Sheppard Whump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some people are already using festive sigs so it looks like you can I love that second one!

What we do in life echoes in eternity - Gladiator vghUp the Blades!

Comment

Originally posted by CazzBlade View Post
      Some people are already using festive sigs so it looks like you can I love that second one!

Yep. Think I've seen a few on the JF/JS thunk thread, but these are by far the best. Think my fave is the third one, as Sheppy is really looking fondly at - my back yard! LOL
      sigpic

Comment

hey guys i was just wondering if anyone can tell me what episode the scene with john shooting a wraith in a cell on atlantis is from, i want to use it in a video and i cant find it anywhere, grr!

Comment

Originally posted by perkin127 View Post
          hey guys i was just wondering if anyone can tell me what episode the scene with john shooting a wraith in a cell on atlantis is from, i want to use it in a video and i cant find it anywhere, grr!
          He shoots a Wraith ("Bob") in a cell near the end of The Siege part 1. Is this the one you're thinking of? I can't off the top of my head think of any other times he does this.

Comment

Yes thats the one, you star!!!!

Comment

re. that tendrilly bullet thing: my husband says it rings a bell with him, too, so it can't be fanfic, but must be some proper book or TV show or movie. This is annoying me so much. Grr!

Originally posted by Strey View Post
              Okay, Rhymer, I'm game!

Sheppard is surrounded by simpering cherubs. Harps, celestial music, gently fluttering wings, cooing noises, blue sky, fluffy white clouds, the pleasant scent of baby talc - the works. Then they open their mouths - and have nasty, pointy teeth! Like those evil dolls in Barbarella! Poor Shep is surrounded, savaged by a not-so-heavenly host, and yea, verily, there shall be very drippy blood...

Now to ponder upon lettuce whump...

*exits, stage left, with remnants of sanity*
              I never did trust those horribly twee cherubs in Renaissance paintings. Now I know why.

I am frequently whumped by lettuce. I hate the stuff, yet it's pushed its way into about 90 percent of the sandwiches all my nearby shops sell. I once did an LJ poll about people's attitude to lettuce in shop-bought sandwiches, and not a single person actually liked it. Many people tolerated it, but even more picked it out. Yet they still put it in! Grr!

Originally posted by SGAFan View Post
              hmm.. does anyone know if we're allowed to use festive sigs, like Christmas ones?

and I know these aren't whumpy, but I thought I'd share a little Christmas spirit, Shep style... here are a few, the rest (along with a Shep Christmas screensaver) are on my LJ (link in sig) if you're interested.

spoiler for size
              Ooh, very pretty! I particularly like the third one. That lovely expression works really nicely with that colour scheme.

Comment

Originally posted by pilota View Post
                Came in to work and saw the new Sci Fi Feb 2009 issue. There is a SGA feature on page 38 that is interesting albeit sad since it is all about the end of the show. Of note to whumpers tho is a new pic (at least new to me) from Vegas.

Spoiler:
                Shep is on the ground a few feet from the car in the desert - bloodied and pretty bad shape.

I can't scan the image and couldn't find the article on scifi.com but thought I'd give you all the heads up.

P
                OK - Found a scanner and have the pic but now I have no idea how to get it here for you all to see. Please help. The image is large and in jpg format. When it hit insert image it asks me for a url but the pic is on my desktop.

Also, upon reviewing my initial post I would like to clarify...

Spoiler:
                There is obvious blood on him... looks like he's been shot but the angle is odd. Didn't want to get everyone excited for some major whumpage and then not deliver.

Comment

OK - Found a scanner and have the pic but now I have no idea how to get it here for you all to see. Please help. The image is large and in jpg format. When it hit insert image it asks me for a url but the pic is on my desktop.

Also, upon reviewing my initial post I would like to clarify...

Spoiler:
                  There is obvious blood on him... looks like he's been shot but the angle is odd. Didn't want to get everyone excited for some major whumpage and then not deliver.
                  You need to upload it into Photobucket and that will give you an image code

What we do in life echoes in eternity - Gladiator vghUp the Blades!

Comment

SGA Fan......those Xmas Sheps are beautiful! LOVE the third one especially.

They make me feel a bit more festive and that's a good thing.

MENTAL GREEN since I have to spread it around.

IHS
                    sigpic

Comment

Aha! I've tracked down that tendrilly bullet thing. My mind was edging closer and closer to the thought "Star Trek", and sure enough, it's from one of the original series novels, The Entropy Effect, which I probably read nearly 20 years ago, but obviously the whump potential ensured that the memory lingered. It's called a spiderweb bullet, and has tendrils that spread through the nervous system, until they reach the brain, whereupon they kill the person, and also cloud their eyes over with silver film. Nice idea. Well, apart from the killing thing.

Comment

Originally posted by CazzBlade View Post
                        You need to upload it into Photobucket and that will give you an image code

Thanks for walking me through that one. It was actually not as difficult as I thought. The images are a bit blurry - best I could do. Hope you enjoy. They are from Sci Fi Magazine (US publication) Feb. 2009 issue. Pics from Vegas

Spoiler:
                        Shep unconscious on the ground...

Spoiler:
                        Different shot of him with the gun and aviators... I really dig this one alot

Comment

Thanks for walking me through that one. It was actually not as difficult as I thought. The images are a bit blurry - best I could do. Hope you enjoy. They are from Sci Fi Magazine (US publication) Feb. 2009 issue. Pics from Vegas

Spoiler:

]http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk27/pauletteoso/SGA2.jpg

Spoiler:

http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/k...teoso/SGA1.jpg
                          Vegas spoilers for above pictures:

Spoiler:
                          Ooh, very, very nice. Thanks for that! The second picture is very lovely. The first is, of course, very lovely, too, in a different way. I'm really enjoying speculation for this episode, since I know quite a lot of spoilers... and yet none of them actually spoil very much. A whole lot of the episode is a lovely, delicious, intriguing mystery.

Comment

Originally posted by rhymer View Post
                            Aha! I've tracked down that tendrilly bullet thing. My mind was edging closer and closer to the thought "Star Trek", and sure enough, it's from one of the original series novels, The Entropy Effect, which I probably read nearly 20 years ago, but obviously the whump potential ensured that the memory lingered. It's called a spiderweb bullet, and has tendrils that spread through the nervous system, until they reach the brain, whereupon they kill the person, and also cloud their eyes over with silver film. Nice idea. Well, apart from the killing thing.
                            I love that book!
                            sigpic
                            Sig by Luciana
                            My LJ Proud member of W.A.S.P. My Fanfics

Comment

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Re Vegas pics -
                              Spoiler:
                              Gut shot?Squeee! Oh, noes!
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffles View Post
                                I love that book!
                                It's some 18 years since I read my way through all the original series Star Trek novels that then existed, but I do seem to remember that it was my favourite of the lot. I must reread it sometime.

Originally posted by Strey View Post
                                Re Vegas pics -
                                Spoiler:
                                Gut shot?Squeee! Oh, noes!
                                Vegas pics:

Spoiler:
                                I really can't decide whether it is, or not. I initially took that stain under his hand to be blood, but it looks the wrong colour, and also looks more like something solid and physical - though I can't work out what. His hand on his stomach looks promising, though, but the pristine whiteness of most of his shirt is less so. Still, whatever it is, it looks yummy and intriguing, and I can't wait

Well, I'd better be going to bed. I've been reading a book about the science of sleep, and the last few chapters have been going on about the dire consequences of not getting enough sleep - which include some good and interesting ideas for sleep deprivation whump, which I may well post about tomorrow. Staying up late in order to write up the awful results of not getting enough sleep would just be too ironic.

Comment

Working...
                                X