This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pol View Post
    :: blush :: You're welcome. That was my first 'by request' fic.
    Well, then, I'll have to think of more requests! LOL. Anything to get more great fic like that!
    - Mary
    SG1 needs it's Fifth Man - Why should we settle for less? Bring back Jonas Quinn!
    Jack O'Neill would die for any member of his team. But there's only one he'd live for: Samantha Carter.

Comment

Evening (night ), penguins!

Congrats On 4500 Jumble!!!
      Congrats On 3200 Josiane!!!

Well cappsed, Seahen!
      Love allfluff/gutter angst spam
      And thanks for fic recs!

I've just turned on my TV and here he was... Don S. Davis... I miss him
      sigpic

Comment

No, no, no! No dragging me into the cavern today! Someone post a fic rec! I think I've exhausted my supply of fics (and I haven't found many!) of when Sam gets back from being relieved of command on Atlantis . . . anyone have any to rec?
        sigpic
        Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Look, what I had fixed! It took me only 3 months to do.

Originally posted by SamJackShipper93 View Post
          Congrats Josiane on 3200 posts!
          Congrats Jumble on 4500 posts!
          Congrats from me too!

Originally posted by JenniferJF View Post
          Unfortunately, as is so often the case, neither of them noticed what was really important. Cause for one of the few times, Jack's mask slipped during that scene and everything he felt was clearly visible on his face:

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o...erJF/smile.jpg

And the same, really, for Sam:
          And then, of course, she loses nerve and thanks him for "nothing" and his entire demeanor changes:
          http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o...JF/nothing.jpg
          *sob*
          (just in case you'd thought I'd left the cavern)
          *sob*
          sigpic

Comment

I had the strangest dream!
            sigpic
            Distinguished Service Ribbon Goa'uld Campaign
            My Stories zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Artwork by Mala

Comment

We were captured by the Goa'ulds and Carter was stark naked! I was afraid I had frightened her and wake up the Jaffa.
              sigpic
              My Stories zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Artwork by Mala

Comment

She told me she had a good hiding place and I could hid with her!!!
                sigpic

Comment

And then I woke up!!!
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Zoser View Post
                    Doh! Poor Jack.

Comment

From S6, "The Cure" re the Tok'Ra queen:

Jack: "Uh, don't they need, um ... a man friend to make babies?"

Comment

The Shippers are particulary funny with pictures lately...
                        It must be the water
                        Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
                        Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
                          The Shippers are particulary funny with pictures lately...
                          It must be the water
                          I enjoy their good sense of humor. Makes me feel good.

Must go now. School starts tomorrow, gotta hit the bed early.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gater62 View Post
                            I'm back! I am taking today off--no work, no nothing, maybe take a nap later on!

I was actually thinking about this last week (was this discussion going on before I buggered out to work on the festival?) and I remember the first time I saw the show. When I heard Jack respond with "Excuse me?" I just about burst into tears! I heard a reprimand, so I can totally see how Sam would interpret it to be so. Do I think Jack meant it that way? Don't think so-more shock of anything since to him Carter only knows how to say "sir" or Colonel" But what she "heard" was the Colonel putting her in her place and that was just heartbreaking for me!
                            Yeah, that's what I meant when I made the harsh comment. When I first heard it, I was empathizing with Sam in that scene, so whether or not Jack meant to sound like a snarky CO didn't matter in the moment, since snark is what Sam heard. I'm sure Jack would take it back if he could and would say something better like, "Oh, thank god" when she woke up instead.
                            sigpic

Comment

Hey Shipper family.

Loving the picspam and the captions. Thank you for making me grin like a loon.

Belated birthday wishes for Aurora and Sarai.

Originally posted by Egle01 View Post
                              http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii114/Egle01/222_outofmind_04.jpg[/CENTER]
                              It’s definitely the white suit I think but it’s also their looks. That pic… honestly… it makes me go all fluttery in my tummy and I feel all kinda dirty after looking at it.

Oooh Jenn, more slides… Yay!
                              Spoiler:
                              BTW, love the Halloween costumes. Yes, try the Wraith queen next year. I might do so myself actually.
                              We didn’t do anything this year, alas, or I’d share. Next year should be on again.

Originally posted by JenniferJF View Post
                              http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o156/JenniferJF/nothing.jpg
                              *sob*
                              I love this moment. It’s just so angsty and I do love my angst. I almost feel that Jack knows what’s going on in her head. He knows she’s moving on. It’s just… *sob*

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                              [/COLOR][/FONT]

Tossing in my 2 cents worth here ... I like to think Jack surely told Sam before they went to his cabin that he and Kerry had broken up. There's really no reason for him not to have done that, and she certainly would have told him by then that she'd had broken up with Pete (though there are numerous fanfictions out there where neither had told the other by the time they went to the cabin, and other stories where even after being at the cabin together neither knew about the other breaking off the other relationships). I think as soon as it was reasonably possible after Jacob died, they would have told each other.

Might as well put my tuppence worth in. Yes I think the telling definitely went before the fishing trip - they’re too relaxed there to have just recently had that discussion. I would imagine, even if they’d told each other about their respective break ups then there’d be a period of cooling off (for want of a better term) to digest that information and what it meant for them. Not sure it’s a discussion they would have before or after Jacob’s funeral. I would guess before; maybe Jack mentioned it before but found out about Sam’s break up when Pete failed to show at the funeral himself. That would be a big clue wouldn’t it? Ctually, for all we know, Kerry could have walked straight out of Jack's office after slapping him upside the head with the obvious and gone and done the same to Sam herself. Just 'coz we didn't see it eh!
                              I’d also speculate that despite the comforting over Jacob’s death and the ease they share in the final briefing room scene there was probably a fair bit of working things out, awkwardness and angst before they "resolved" what they wanted (i.e. each other). When you think about the massive changes they went through career wise at the start of S9 - it’s not something you just do overnight without a great deal of thought even if you do it for love. These two have spent literally years denying their feelings so it's not going to be easy to be suddenly free to express them just like that. Also Jack, at least, would still have not known what Sam intended to do regarding Pete at the point where her dad dies. OK, I think it’s obvious that it really doesn't matter to him as he has resolved to be there for her regardless but it’s also obvious that he can’t continue to be her CO at all after this even if they don’t get together; he knows he’s too emotionally involved. You know, although the end of Threads is very squee-worthy it’s also extremely angsty when you think of all that would have had to pass before we get to the nice relaxed-and-probably-together fishing at the end. Bear in mind I love angst so my shippy glasses are tinted that way!
                              Incidentally, on the fishing scene. Were they together by then? I only ask because, I was wondering how many bedrooms Jack’s cabin has? Can’t possibly have more that two right? A twin room and a master double bedroom… (and I leave that thought there for the gutter brigade to run with)

I have a favour to ask from the MOP Army. Is there any way I could snurch the penguin logo from someone? I, uh, spotted something the other day that gave me an idea…

Oh, random observation. I was watching Citizen Joe today. Jack’s kitchen is painted yellow. *sigh* I bet that's an old one.

Cags
                              sigpic

Comment

Cags do you mean you want the Penguin Brushes? You'll find them here (scroll down)

Comment

Working...
                                X