No announcement yet.

Continuing Stargate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

since stargate atlantis is cancelled will you continue stargate atlatnis along with SG1?
    Continuing Stargate
    http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=50813

Stargate Universal Sin

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=67861

Stargate Dark Frontier
    http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=71213

Uttara Kuru- Afterimage (proper theme for stargate)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gPYc1boma8

Comment

Originally posted by Shinto-Male View Post
      since stargate atlantis is cancelled will you continue stargate atlatnis along with SG1?
      someone else is already doing it. see continuing SGA
      sigpic

Comment

hey i just looked at this topic... and on the first page, when u click the links next to the episodes, are the pages that comes up the whole episode or a preview? they just seem shorter then the other fan fic, so yeh didnt know if they were previews or not.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Thor View Post
          someone else is already doing it. see continuing SGA
          You're assuming I care that someone else is doing it I'm perfectly capable of doing my own continuation completely separate from that, and I plan to once I've finished SG-1.

Originally posted by Sarge300491 View Post
          hey i just looked at this topic... and on the first page, when u click the links next to the episodes, are the pages that comes up the whole episode or a preview? they just seem shorter then the other fan fic, so yeh didnt know if they were previews or not.
          Those episodes were very short because I hadn't begun fleshing things out as much. Later ones are much longer.
          Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
          Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
            You're assuming I care that someone else is doing it I'm perfectly capable of doing my own continuation completely separate from that, and I plan to once I've finished SG-1.
            I sure hope you will. The more good stories to read, the better.
            My Stargate Atlantis fanfictions - Wraith font
            Todd contacts Atlantis once more... (spoilers up to season 4) 1. Glimpse Into the Evil | 2. Of Wraith and Men (in progress)
            sigpic

Comment

So, good news; "Kingdom Come" will be out by Friday

Bad news; my cat died
              Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
              Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
                So, good news; "Kingdom Come" will be out by Friday

Bad news; my cat died
                Aww, thats not good. Hope you are holding up ok.

Comment

poor you. take the time you need. i now what it is like. but there is always a silver liningno matter how dark the cloud is.

wow i said something.... ummmm what's the word?
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Thor View Post
                    poor you. take the time you need. i now what it is like. but there is always a silver liningno matter how dark the cloud is.

wow i said something.... ummmm what's the word?
                    Deep?

Comment

i have no idea.... moralish? deep? a weak moment? i have no idea.

normally i am pure evil. i mean just look at my latest "ep" mwuhahahahahahhahahaahhahahahah. i am evil. any way i am unable to post on any thread over the weekend so am going on a blitz untill 4 pm when i hav to get ready to go have fun people
                      sigpic

Comment

14x14 "Kingdom Come"
                        Synopsis: Harry Maybourne's offworld kingship is threatened by a group of humans wielding powerful Ancient weapons technology, and he calls on SG-1 to defend his people.
                        Spoiler:
                        ((30 second recap of "It's Good to Be King"))

In the gym at the ISGC, Colonel Mitchell is playing basketball with Vala... and losing quite badly. The USAF officer is in the process of trying to dribble around the smuggler to score a basket, but she manages to bat the ball away just before he can take a shot every time. When he finally does get close to sinking one, Vala runs over to the net and bumps it, causing the basketball to miss completely. Sighing, Mitchell drops the ball in disgust and grabs a towel lying nearby.

Suddenly, there's a knock from the other side of the room, and the two players look up to see Carter watching them, her hand covering a smirk. She says they need to gear up for their mission to P6X-109, a small Jaffa trading post that may have a yet-untapped supply of naquadah available for purchase by Earth. Grabbing her own towel, Vala snaps it at Cameron's backside before scampering from the gym. Mitchell himself asks Carter what he did to deserve this, then grabs the basketball and tosses it over his head as he leaves. Sam stays behind just long enough to watch it miss the basket by a good two feet, then smiles and follows after the others.

A short while later, SG-1 (including Daniel now) has been dressed for offworld travel, and has gathered just outside the gate room. Vala mentions that the Lucian Alliance had a passing interest in 109 back when they were a force to be reckoned with in galactic affairs, but to the best of her knowledge it's been largely ignored, which makes it perfect for a small-scale mining operation. Leading the others toward the stargate itself, Carter agrees, pointing out that the world went untouched by the Goa'uld and Ori, as well, so it should be without battle scars, too. Setting up a base should be a piece-of-cake.

Just then, the gate suddenly activates, and the inner ring begins to spin. The technician on duty announces the offworld activation, and the defense team scrambles into position, shoving SG-1 off to the side. Standing below the control room, the team watches as the iris is closed against the shimmering event horizon. A long moment passes in which no one moves, but then it's announced that an IDC is coming through; ironically enough, it's that of one Harold Maybourne, the former US military officer who is now leading a group of extraterrestrial humans as King Arkhan ("It's Good to Be King"). Sam orders the iris opened, and steps forward to greet the "King" himself.

But instead of Harry, a young woman steps into the ISGC... this is Luisa, the female who steadfastly served Maybourne even when SG-1 tried to prove that he was nothing but a fraud, and ultimately restored her peoples' faith in them. She looks somewhat frightened at the dozen armed soldiers pointing rifles at her, but finally turns to Earth's frontline team and says, quite simply, that her people desperately need their help.

A few hours from then, SG-1 sits in a small interview room with Luisa, listening as she explains a dangerous predicament taking place on her homeworld. Apparently, another sect of humans has risen to prominence on their planet, on another continent unknown to King Arhkan, himself only having arrived there less than half a decade before. These other humans, who call themselves "the Vanguard," have managed to get their hands on very powerful weapons and technology, and have begun waging war on rival factions. They first came to light when they wiped out a group of cities to the north of Arkhan's kingdom, and have now started raiding their own settlement. Of course, they lack the proper equipment to fight them off, and as such, Arkhan has requested Earth's assistance in defending his land.

Leaning forward, Daniel asks how, exactly, the Vanguard got so advanced so quickly. After all, as Mitchell adds, the planet seemed relatively peaceful when SG-1 visited several years before. Luisa explains that indeed, it was a peaceful place for many generations, but, ironically, it was the team's arrival that changed everything. After SG-1 located and used Janus' "time jumper," Arkhan had emissaries sent to the far-off kingdoms, asking for information about any more Ancient relics that may have been discovered, but for many months, nothing was found. Then, almost two years after Ares' attempted takeover of the planet, one of the farthest lordships reported finding a "great trove of treasures" under a nearby lake... it turned out to be an Ancient laboratory, filled to the brim with Ancient weapons and other technology.

For some time, the discovery benefited everyone, and all the kingdoms deferred to the wise King Arkhan to help decipher the mysteries of these strange new things they had uncovered. But then the rogue humans of the Vanguard, who had before been nothing but simple thieves, raided the facility and took the Ancient devices for themselves. As their successes grew (thanks to the alien aid), they attracted many more individuals to their cause, and now they are capable of leveling entire armies with their superior armaments. With the fall of a nearby city, Luisa's own is the sole remaining free settlement on the entire planet, and it won't be long before they, too, are crushed.

Mitchell asks how many men Maybourne has at his disposal, but Luisa says she isn't sure; they'd need to consult with him in person. Carter and Mitchell glance at one another for a moment, thinking it over...

Later, on Arkhan's planet itself, a group of Medieval-looking soldiers are watching an activated stargate, keeping their crossbows at the ready at all times. But they visibly relax when Luisa and SG-1 step through the wormhole, the latter armed with submachine guns and scanning the area warily. The small group of warriors welcomes the Earth team, and leads them toward a forest path that will take them to the settlement. As they approach the outskirts, Vala notes the many gaping holes in the city walls, and the scorched land all around. Obviously, the community has seen far better days.

Once inside the safety of the walls (Mitchell points out the numerous tired-looking guards posted everywhere), the team is taken to Arkhan's throne itself, where a very worn-out Harry Maybourne sits looking over a map of the immediate area. When he notices his old friends, he smiles halfheartedly and welcomes them, asking them to be seated (Luisa takes her leave at this point). Glancing around, Daniel asks what's happened to this place, indicating the downtrodden guardsmen they saw. Maybourne says that with the fall of the last free city besides their own, morale has plummeted. He needs a victory against the Vanguard and fast, before he's tossed from his throne and forced to watch his beloved city burn.

No one really thinks Harry is in this for anything but his own benefit, but they indulge him anyway and ask for the coordinates of the closest enemy base, which he hands over, warning the team that it's heavily defended. But Carter assures him that they'll be fine...

...and she's soon proven right, as a puddle jumper from the ISGC lands just outside the city, prompting the townsfolk to gather around in awe. Apparently, the jumpers have become somewhat of a symbol of divine power since it was such a craft that Jack O'Neill used to destroy Ares' ha'tak when it approached the planet, saving them all. Maybounre asks how they got their hands on another gateship, and Vala explains that they have quite a few from the Pegasus Galaxy now, and it should cut down the travel time to the enemy base quite nicely. As SG-1 gets onto the craft, thanking the USAF officer who flew it in, Harry tugs on Sam's sleeve and asks if he can come along. When she initially says no, he reminds her that these are his people they're defending. He wants to help. And reluctantly, Carter says alright, tossing him a pack pull of offworld gear from inside the jumper and handing over a P90.

Outside the city, in the forest, a man in ragged clothing looks through a makeshift telescope, spying on SG-1 boarding the jumper and the crowd of people around it. The man reaches into his jacket and pulls out a small Ancient-looking device, then says that the Earth team is headed their way... and to prepare to take them out.

Sitting in the jumper as they fly across the plains, Maybourne emerges from the rear compartment in Earth military clothing, zipping up a bulletproof vest and checking over his weapon. Curious, Mitchell asked if he still remembers how to fire the thing, and Harry admits he's not sure. He aims the P90 at the rear hatch and fires, loosing a few bullets that bounce around back there. Although SG-1 jumps and shouts, the King just smiles and says that he's still got it, a remark which causes Vala to burst out laughing. As she says to Daniel when she recovers, "I love this guy, don't you?"

Suddenly, Mitchell points out the window and shouts a warning just as the HUD picks up two jumpers approaching from the forest below. The two gateships rise up to impede SG-1's progress, rolling out racks of drones as they do so. Maybourne slides into his chair, guessing that the Vanguard finally managed to locate some operatives with the Ancient gene... allowing them to use the jumpers they found at the lab. Regardless, Carter grits her teeth and tells everyone to hold on, spinning their craft down in time to avoid to incoming drones and darting into the trees below.

Swerving from side-to-side to miss the trunks speeding at them, Carter puts the jumper through a series of gut-wrenching turns, loosing drones as she can to strike up at the enemy ships. After a moment, she scores a lucky hit and knocks ones' engine pod off, and it careens into the forest canopy. Harry congratulates the Colonel on a nice shot, then sucks in a breath as they burst out of the forest over a wide lake... the lake where the Ancient facility is located!

(First part of "Kingdom Come," more in next two posts.)

Comment

(More of "Kingdom Come," see next post for ending.)

Spoiler:
                          The enemy jumper fires three more drones at SG-1, these ones striking the water nearby and coming up from under the surface to try and hack at the bottom of their craft. But Sam yanks on the controls and dives into the water, firing off two drones that intercept two of the enemy ones and destroy them. But one more continues to follow the team as they weave in and out of stone outcroppings below the water, and Sam is unable to get a clear shot at the missile to take it out. Vala suddenly shouts for Carter to look out, but by the time Sam realizes what she means, it's too late; they plow headfirst into a piece of rock that juts out into their path, and the jumper loses one of its engine pods in the crash. Luckily, the last drone slams into the debris and explodes, but the team is now trapped underwater in a jumper that can't really fly... and the Vanguard's own ship is pulling up besides them now. It's over, and they're being taken prisoner.

Back in the city, the airmen who flew in the jumper are patrolling the outskirts of the settlement when one of them spots the man in ragged clothing from earlier spying on them. He calls for the man to freeze, but he starts to run off. He doesn't get far, though, before the soldiers catch up with him and force him to turn himself in. Immediately, they recognize the symbol on his jacket as the same one the villages associate with the Vanguard, and realize that SG-1's mission has been compromised. One of them suggests alerting the ISGC to the problem, and another nods and runs off to the gate to warn Earth.

In the Ancient facility, SG-1 and Maybourne have been locked inside an energy cell, with Vala playfully tossing small pebbles at the force shield and watching them sizzle as they bounce off. Daniel sighs, saying how well this mission is going, and Cameron demands to know why they weren't told the Vanguard had access to serious hardware like jumpers beforehand. Harry apologizes, saying he honestly had no idea they had anything more than small handguns, though this does explain how they were able to conquer well-fortified cities so quickly. Sam, rubbing her temples in frustration, asks what they're going to do next, but doesn't get a response because the cell's energy barrier fades away at that instant (causing Vala's pebbles to fly into the hallway).

A well-built man in trim clothing enters, an Ancient pistol at his side (the variant from "Aurora," not "Progeny") and greets both the famous SG-1 and the "esteemed King Arkhan." He introduces himself as Okane, the leader of the Vanguard movement, and claims he's been wishing to meet the heroes who saved his world for quite some time now. Mitchell, ever the gentleman, remarks that they didn't save it to save his life... and right now he's kinda wishing they hadn't helped out at all. Okane just laughs, assuring Mitchell that he forgives the insolence. He doesn't want to kill them, far from it. As a matter of face, he's proposing a deal; if Earth agrees not to interfere in the political affairs of this world any longer (assuring Maybourne's dethroning and the fall of his city), he will allow their scientists full access to this facility's database.

At first, Carter says they already have access to a number of Ancient repositories, but Okane holds up a hand, saying this one is special. He admits, he isn't much knowledgeable about this technology, and he only knows how to make it work, not the science behind it. But he's smart enough to realize that this lab and the column inscribed with prophetic tales of the future near Arkhan's city ("It's Good to Be King") were built by the same person... which, as Daniel realizes, would mean that this is one of Janus' secret facilities! It could even hold clues on the location of Pandora's Box—and then he pauses, remembering that getting their hands on that database would mean essentially condemning Maybourne to death. Satisfied that he's done what he needs to, Okane says he'll give them time to think it over, then leaves with his guards, re-activating the cell as he does so.

Meanwhile, at the planet's stargate, the group of airmen from the jumper stand before the activated portal to welcome a new visitor; General Jack O'Neill, who steps onto the gate platform in standard garrison clothing and a bullet-proof vest, carrying a P90 and a zat holstered at his waist. The General, though obviously not used to field work now, greets the soldiers all the same, and asks to be filled in on the situation. Gesturing toward the city in the distance, the airmen begin re-telling what they believe has happened.

As they enter the settlement, the story is just about wrapped up with the final bit about the Vanguard spy. Jack says they'll need another jumper then, and turns to see one landing nearby. When he still looks confused, one of the soldiers explains that they thought the same, and requisitioned one themselves. O'Neill clasps the man on the back and tells him and his men to get onboard and wait for him. They're going after SG-1.

Still sitting in their cell, the team is debating how valuable Janus' database could be to them and the war. Harry asks if they're honestly considering sacrificing him and his people just for a stupid computer, but as Mitchell points out, this could turn the tide of the conflict with the Der'kal in their favor if it leads to Pandora's Box. Reluctantly, Daniel admits that the sacrifice of a few thousand humans would be worth the billions that could be saved if the Box was found—and then Harry stands up and shouts at them to listen to themselves. With real rage in his voice, he asks them how they can do this, how SG-1 can do this, after all they've said they stand for! When Carter protests, Maybourne asks if they really can't see how Okane is just twisting them to get what he wants; he doesn't ever have to let Earth into the lab so long as he can get them offworld long enough to just bury the gate, after all.

Finally, he's able to get through to the team, and Vala admits that he's right. They can't do this. And with that, they turn their attention back to the task they should be working on... busting out.

Meanwhile, Jack and his men are closing in on the Ancient facility. Suddenly, the HUD lights up with a contact; what would appear to be a crashed jumper just under the treetops. Interested, and thinking perhaps it's SG-1, O'Neill takes them in for a landing. He and the airmen exit their ship, weapons at the ready, then immediately duck back inside as several pulses of golden-white light slam into the side of the craft. Near the downed jumper, three Vanguard soldiers stand with Ancient pistols in hand, firing at the new arrivals. Jack mutters that these people obviously aren't SG-1, then turns back to the fight and takes out two of them enemies. When the third manages to stun one of his soldiers, though, he pulls out his zat and lands a direct hit on the man, knocking him out and ending the fight. After making sure the stunned airman will be okay, he asks the others to help him pull their prisoner into their own ship so they can get the Hell outta there.

In the Ancient lab, Okane has returned for SG-1's answer to his proposal. Carter calmly and cooly informs him that Earth will make no such deal, especially with terrorists, and demands to be released at once. In response, Okane smacks her across the jaw, causing Mitchell to lunge at him. But one of the rogue's guards is able to pull out his stunner and shoot Cameron in time to bring him to the ground just short of his target. Okane just sighs, and says that's rather unfortunate. He turns to leave and mentions that he'll be going to level Maybourne's city now, and happily informs the team that a squad of men will be in shortly to terminate their lives. And with that, he walks out.

In another part of the lab, Okane and his men board one of three jumpers docked in an underwater bay. Sliding behind the controls, the Vanguard leader powers up the controls, revealing that he has the Ancient gene! He and his two escort ships, filled to the brim with soldiers, rise out of the lake and accelerate toward Arkhan's kingdom, intent upon finally wiping it out and claiming this world as their own.

Now flying toward the lab itself, O'Neill and his men are likewise preparing for expected combat. But then the HUD beeps, revealing Okane's ships, and Jack cloaks the jumper to keep from being detected. One of the airmen guesses that the lake below them must be the one where the Ancient facility is, and Jack agrees, diving down under the surface and at once spotting the Lantean-esque architecture jutting from the underwater cliffs. Ready to go save his friends, O'Neill maneuvers his jumper toward the bay and grabs his P90.

In their cell, SG-1 watches in terror as a group of hateful-looking men enter the room and open the energy barrier, raising vicious-looking Medieval weapons no doubt intended to inflict death in as painful a way as possible. Glancing once at Sam, Maybourne asks if, after all they've been through, this is really how it will end. Before Carter can reply, a zat gun discharges outside, and one of the Vanguard men crumples to the ground. The others turn, raising their flails and maces, but are quickly dispatched by gunfire. Once they're all dead or stunned, Jack and his airmen enter the room, giving a quick "Hello there!" to the surprised team. Daniel tells O'Neill how good it is to see him, and Carter rushes over and puts her arms around his neck, whispering her thanks. Looking from one to the other, Harry asks when the wedding is... and why he hasn't received an invitation yet. Although Sam looks thoughtful at that, Jack scowls and says this is hardly the time for that, especially since the Vanguard are moving on the city right now. Moving out, everyone rushes from the room.

Meanwhile, drones are ripping through the buildings of Arkhan's settlement as Okane's jumpers bombard the area. They slowly sink to ground level and open, allowing the soldiers and their leader to begin the ground assault while their ships continue to decimate the larger defenses. Dozens of people valiantly stand behind the walls, firing down with crossbows, but it would seem that some of the Vanguard men have Ancient personal shields, and the arrows do nothing against them. Their stunners begin mowing down the defenders one by one until only Luisa and a few others remain, and they finally fall back into the inner city to find a bottleneck.

As Okane's troops advance into the city, two are picked up by crossbow-snipers hiding in a tower. Callously, the Vanguard leader orders the closest jumper to take it out, and a trio of drones quickly bring the tower to the ground in a blinding fireball. Nonetheless, Luisa and the others valiantly stand their ground outside the throne chamber, not backing down even as they are stunned. At last, only Luisa herself remains, and she fires off a crossbow bolt right at Okane's head... but he has a personal shield, and it does nothing. Seeing that she is out of new bolts to fire, the Vanguard men prepare to shoot her, but Okane raises a hand. He comes closer, saying that if she were to simply surrender, she could enjoy a much happier life... serving his "interests." Not surprisingly, Luisa spits in his face, though the saliva never reaches it. With a sigh, the pirate flings her aside and begins to give the order to kill her.

Comment

(End of "Kingdom Come")

Spoiler:
                            But then a drone slams into the ground just behind him, throwing half his men into the air. He turns around, shocked, just in time to see a new jumper blasting apart his three, hammering them with drones until they either explode or spiral into the city. As it gets close to the surface, the rear hatch opens, and Maybourne exits, P90 in hand. Okane, shocked, slowly starts to back away, realizing his power base just disappeared along with his ships, and tries to reason with the King. But Harry isn't interested in that, and pours bullets into his shield until his magazine runs out. Then he closes his eyes for a moment, opens them again, and flips open his radio, saying, "Okay Jack, now you can do it." And with that, a single drone shoots out from the jumper and picks Okane, shield and all, up and slams him into a building, which explodes brilliantly, leaving no doubt the pirate leader is dead at last. The other Vanguard men surrender instantly, throwing down their weapons and ripping off their shields. The city is safe.

Some time later, Maybourne's men are taking the surviving enemies into custody, and their Ancient technology is being gathered up for use in the city's defense. Sitting on his throne again, Harry thanks SG-1 for coming to his aid, and Mitchell says that they'd be happy to do so again; they see now that he really is a kind and good leader, someone who will take this world to great places in the future.

Just then, Luisa runs in, a look of shock on her face. She says that in light of their stunning victory over the Vanguard, the remnants of the other kingdoms have requested to be assimilated into Arkhan's domain at once. The entire planet will be at his command, and they can move into tomorrow united as one. Smiling at his old on-again-off-again friend and foe, Jack mutters, "It's good to be king... but it's better to be emperor, I suppose." With a final wave to the now-jubilant Maybourne, SG-1 and Jack head towards their jumper.

As they near the ship, Jack tells the others what he learned from ISGC when he contacted them of their success; apparently, the Trust was in contact with the bad guys here shortly before their destruction over Ankgor ("Total War"), and they were the ones supplying the Vanguard with Ancient gene therapy allowing them to operate Ancient technology. Their hope was probably that Okane and his men could grow strong enough to antagonize the Alliance someday, and thankfully that plan failed. On the upside, this mission had an unexpected surprise... with Harry back in charge, he's granted them full access to Janus' lab. They should have technicians back to look at it within the week.

Mitchell, Vala, and Daniel get into the jumper to prepare for the short ride home, but Sam pulls Jack aside at the hatch, out of sight. She thanks him again for coming to their rescue, and reminds him what a truly amazing man he is. O'Neill grins at her and says she's still the brains of the outfit... then clasps her hands in his and slowly slides to one knee. As Carter realizes what's happening, tears leap to her eyes, and Jack admits he had been contemplating when to do this, but when he heard she was in danger, he knew he couldn't wait any longer. Pulling out a ring with a sparkling, beautiful diamond, he slides it up Sam's ring finger and whispers, "Samantha Carter... will you marry me?"

Breathless, she nods and embraces him, her cries echoing all around the city as people peer over to watch. Even Maybourne, from the top of the wall, smiles down at the happy couple and mutters that while he may have got the crown... Jack did get the girl.

Comment

nice very nice!!
                              get the rep

Comment

OMG!!!!
                                The ending was AWESOME!!!
                                Totally didn't see that one coming, great episode as always.
                                SG-1:

SGA:

Comment

Working...
                                X