Continuing Stargate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jonos101 View Post
    Not at all Mcoy, I just find that most things that deal with high amounts of electricity never end well.
    *stands over deep fried corpse*

Comment

"Tom!!"

*rolls out a sarcophagus*

"Help me get him in!"
      sigpic

The New GateWorld Virtual Fleet Database

Comment

Wow now i think i understand what s09 meant by everyone going stir crazy.
        SG-1:

SGA:

Comment

Were not going crazy *Eyes twitch* Well I'll be ok for tonight and I have to ask because I just got Continuum are you going to relate that into your story ?
          This isn't Atlantis?
          I don't think so.
          If this is not the Lost City…then where is it?

SGU= Awesome Eli is so me =P

Comment

Originally posted by Lt. Col. Mcoy View Post
            "Tom!!"

*rolls out a sarcophagus*

"Help me get him in!"
            Can't we zombify him? He'd make a good pet/servant.

Comment

Tom! I'm shocked...
              sigpic

Comment

Well ...time to borrow the Tel'chak device...
                This isn't Atlantis?
                I don't think so.

Comment

Oh dear...
                  sigpic

Comment

14x05 "Conflict of Interests"
                    Synopsis: Construction of the high-tech X-305 Jupiter begins on Nueva, but the project is soon threatened by nationalistic forces on Earth.
                    Spoiler:
                    From orbit, the planet Nueva is a pristine, lush world with rolling oceans and vast forests. But its true prize is hidden deep underground, in a guarded facility designed to construct Earth's most precious resource; starcruisers. Standing on a balcony overlooking the metal hulk below is SG-1, all with star-struck looks on their faces. Carter asks the others if they realize that, by building the experimental Jupiter warship, they're advancing their arsenal by five years time--after all, this is a vessel they shouldn't even begin to design for another three years. Of all the information Jonas brought back with him ("The Time Traveler"), this may be the most crucial.

As they watch the construction, a uniformed man approaches the team and tells them it's time for them to head back to Earth. As they exit the facility and head for the stargate (which, following Garrin's attack on the planet a year and a half ago ("Manifest Destiny"), has been moved to a new building), Vala asks how one ship can really turn the tide of war. Mitchell points out what John Sheppard explained about an alternate timeline ("The Last Man") in which the DSC-304 Phoenix, itself nearly destroyed two months ago by the Wraith, was able to take out almost a dozen of the Wraith Michael's hive ships all by itself. Never underestimate the power of one technological advancement, as it, like the nuclear bomb, can completely revolutionize warfare.

As they enter the building and walk to the stargate platform, Carter asks the others if they want to grab a bite to eat when they get back to Colorado Springs, her treat. The others agree, happy to get a chance to enjoy some free time, and watch the gate come online. They step through the wormhole and arrive a moment later in the depths of the ISGC, finding a very-distressed Dr. Talbot waiting for them at the foot of the ramp. She welcomes them home, but also says she has some rather disturbing news that just came in from New York; the Jupiter Project has just been frozen, indefinitely.

Some time later, in New York City, SG-1 sits at a pizza parlor a block or so from the United Nations. Vala and Mitchell are sharing a disgusting-looking pizza topped with far too many meats and fish, and seem to be enjoying it quite a bit. Daniel and Sam, on the other hand, are splitting a calzone and looking on with horrified faces. As they eat, the team discusses their upcoming meeting with the Chinese ambassador, someone they've sparred with in the past. But Daniel has high hopes that maybe she'll find a way to negotiate. After all, China can't possibly want Earth defenseless, right? Mitchell guesses that they're probably just trying to get a 304 tossed their way or something, similar to what they tried years before ("Crusade"). But the fact that they can build starships on their own now makes Carter doubt that. There has to be another reason.

When the arrive in the Chinese ambassador's office, itself on one of the higher floors of the UN office building, SG-1 is somewhat surprised to find that their meeting has been canceled. The Chinese have decided that there's nothing further to really discuss, and the United States is no longer pushing the issue. As it stands, the Jupiter's construction is now officially shelved, and no efforts are being made to restore it to active status. Even the British and French have backed down, amazingly.

Back at ths ISGC, a call is coming in for Dr. Talbot. She takes it in her office, shutting the door and picking up the reciever and saying a cheerful, "Hello?" But her face quickly changes from ease to worry as a voice asks her just how far she would go to protect Earth, hinting that if she doesn't go far enough, there will be grave consequences. Talbot demands to know who she's speaking to, but the voice doesn't speak again, and soon a dial tone sounds over the phone. Worried, the Doctor rushes out of the office toward the control room.

In New York, the situation continues to confuse SG-1. The Pentagon is screaming for work to commence on the X-305 again, but the White House and Congress are silent on the matter. It looks as though the military has been left out to dry, so to speak. with the ISGC and SG-1 caught, yet again, in the middle. But the team can't really believe that Hayes would ignore something this valuable; there has to be something else going on. Mitchell and Daniel resolve to get to the bottom of it and head for the Pentagon itself, while Carter and Vala call Dr. Talbot and announce their decision to keep poking around the United Nations looking for clues.

-------------------------------

Okay, I'm pulling another one of these. Since I'm hitting writer's block (meaning I can't make myself finish this no matter how hard I try within a reasonable time frame), I'm summarizing the rest of it and moving onto "Traitors." Sorry :/

- Carter and Vala are caught by Chinese security forces, which take them into custody for attempted extortion of an ambassador.
                    - It is revealed that China is using its vast economic influence to stall the Jupiter Project, instead having the funds funneled to construction projects Earthside, nearly all being within Chinese borders. The US and its allies dare not act against them for fear of cripling their economies if China decides to punish them for it.
                    - Mitchell convinces the military to use the 304s to extract Carter and Vala from a Chinese plane preparing to take them to mainland China for trial, and they are beamed out in time to give testimonial about what has happened.
                    - While the Chinese begin mobilizing portions of their military, they accuse the United States of sidestepping the judicial process by breaking two high-profile prisoners out of lockup before they can be tried. The President responds that he is acting in accordance with the wishes of the other major powers, who insist that the Jupiter Project proceed as planned for the defense of Earth.
                    - Dr. Talbot recieves an anonymous phone call yet again, this time thanking her for tipping off the Chinese ambassador to Carter and Vala's plans. Danielle is disgusted with herself, but she also has a message for her extortionist, informing them that she played along in order to let ISGC investigators follow the paper trail to see what led where. In light of that, she now knows that she's speaking to the last remnants of the Trust that were ordered not to take part in the attack on Ankgor ("Total War"). And on the other side of the world, the complex said persons were using as a base is being infiltrated by SG teams right now, ensuring that their attempt to control the ISGC from within ends here.
                    - Without the Trust meddling in affairs and convincing China's leaders that the experimental warship would be used to assert American hegemony on Earth, the Chinese government yields to international pressure and reallocates the necessary funds to get the program back on track. It is suspected that the Trust was planning on using Chinese starships to beam the incomplete craft into a storage buffer and unload it in mainland China for their use, but such claims go largely without proof. That said, it's still a terrifying idea to consider, and everyone is glad that the Trust has, at long last, been wiped out for good.
                    - SG-1 returns to Nueva to witness the restart of construction on the Jupiter. The battlecruiser is estimated to be completed by the year's end.
                    Last edited by s09119; 15 March 2010, 12:13 PM.
                    Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                    Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

YEY! were back to normal............for the time being.

Small problem: the US has a far too large ego to roll over to China of all countries.

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Tom View Post
                        YEY! were back to normal............for the time being.

Small problem: the US has a far too large ego to roll over to China of all countries.
                        The us probably would roll over if china threatened their economy because china IS their economy, most of their imports coming from china, but then china would lose many jobs because of the number of factories the us has over there.
                        sigpic

A Cast Worth Remembering...

My Little Fanfic: Furling Expedition

Comment

Originally posted by cuttingedgex23 View Post
                          The us probably would roll over if china threatened their economy because china IS their economy, most of their imports coming from china, but then china would lose many jobs because of the number of factories the us has over there.
                          What about all of the off-world trading that goes on now? Wasn't there talk of that in previous episodes? Surely that would be enough to at least partially offset China's threat?

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffala View Post
                            What about all of the off-world trading that goes on now? Wasn't there talk of that in previous episodes? Surely that would be enough to at least partially offset China's threat?
                            Yes, but most offworld trading partners simply can't offer up the vast amounts of goods that China can.

Good pick-up, though. The next time China pulls a stunt like this, remember that comment...

And again, I really am sorry, but I just can't make my brain finish that story. I sat there for a half hour staring at the reply box with nothing coming, so I just said "For now... screw it..."
                            Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                            Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Short...Interesting....i perfer the 2-3 post count episodes...Still good
                              This isn't Atlantis?
                              I don't think so.

Comment

Originally posted by Dark lord me View Post
                                Short...Interesting....i perfer the 2-3 post count episodes...Still good
                                They will be starting next episode, promise

"Traitors" Walk Within Earth's Midsts!

When Tok'ra High Councilor Anise goes missing on a diplomatic mission to Chulak, the Jaffa are immediately suspect. Hoping to resolve the mystery as quickly as possible, SG-1 is dispatched to the planet to investigate, and they quickly uncover a sinister plot to unwravel the very fabric of the galaxy.

Perhaps even more shocking, though, are the true plans in store for Anise. As leader of the Tok'ra, she played a major role in shaping galactic affairs, but now she will become the beacon heralding the destruction of the Alliance and all that it stands for. And with the seconds slipping past them, even SG-1 may not be able to avert the apocalypse.

"Traitors" will guest star Vanessa Angel as Anise, Christopher Judge as Teal'c, and a surprise guest star!

Comment

Working...
                                X