No announcement yet.

Continuing Stargate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

s09119 Its fantastic, all episodes. the best thing is as I read the story I can hear the characters say the words, see their actions and see the space battles.

It is truly fantastic.

Comment

Originally posted by ussrelativity View Post
      I've had many walls I've hit in my own writing. I'm trying to get back on track myself.
      i am still waiting for the next part to come out.

Comment

Originally posted by helimachoptor View Post
        s09119 Its fantastic, all episodes. the best thing is as I read the story I can hear the characters say the words, see their actions and see the space battles.

It is truly fantastic.
        Thank you

And "The Coming Storm" will probably premiere this afternoon or tonight, if all things go according to plan.
        Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
        Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
          Thank you

And "The Coming Storm" will probably premiere this afternoon or tonight, if all things go according to plan.
          cool, then that should be my bedtime story. lol

Comment

And the good news continues to roll out...

Two of the following ships will be seen in Season 14... but which ones?

Lantean Cruiser (Pegasus-class warship, made up on the spot because it needs a cool name)

Replicator Warship

Asgard Science Vessel (Daniel Jackson-class)

Wraith Hive Ship

Let the torturous guessing begin!
            Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
            Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

I predict the Lantean ship and the Asgard ship, just because the replicators were defeated and were not in pegasus so it couldnt be the wraith, altho im not sure how the Asgard would fit in but im sure well find out soon enuf.
              sigpic

A Cast Worth Remembering...

My Little Fanfic: Furling Expedition

Comment

Originally posted by cuttingedgex23 View Post
                I predict the Lantean ship and the Asgard ship, just because the replicators were defeated and were not in pegasus so it couldnt be the wraith, altho im not sure how the Asgard would fit in but im sure well find out soon enuf.
                As I recall, there was a human-form Replicator in one of the Season 12 episodes, and I've done crossovers before...

What, you think I randomly picked four ships

Comment

Well they are looking for Pandoras box in Pegasus so i guess the hive and the Ancient Cruiser
                  This isn't Atlantis?
                  I don't think so.
                  If this is not the Lost City…then where is it?

SGU= Awesome Eli is so me =P

Comment

Originally posted by Dark lord me View Post
                    Well they are looking for Pandoras box in Pegasus so i guess the hive and the Ancient Cruiser
                    Does he get a prise?

Spoiler:
                    BRING BACK THE REPLICATORS!

Comment

What, you think I randomly picked four ships

Well since u asked.....................YES! lol jk

Hey guys, i need an opinion real quick....sleek and black, spartan and white, or agressive and navy?
                      Last edited by cuttingedgex23; 16 July 2008, 05:13 PM.
                      sigpic

A Cast Worth Remembering...

My Little Fanfic: Furling Expedition

Comment

14x04 "The Coming Storm"
                        Synopsis: A revered Nox mystic comes to Earth to prepare SG-1 for the challenges they will soon face, impeding the ISGC's attempts to rescue Colonels Carter and Mitchell.
                        Spoiler:
                        (30 second recap of "Resistance")

Deep within Cheyenne Mountain, the stargate comes online as Dr. Talbot is preparing to head upstairs. Sighing, she turns back to the control room and asks one of the new technicians who's coming. After a moment, the man says a Nox IDC is being transmitted, and Talbot gives the okay to open the iris, stepping out into the hallway and then the gate room itself.

As the defense team backs away, a Nox man steps onto the ramp, bowing his head in welcome at the Tau'ri. This is Tasca, one of the oldest of his people still alive, and he brings greetings on behalf of Lya and the other leaders of the Nox. In the wake of the debacle on Velieris ("Blue Zone"), his people have been very busy trying to reestablish peace and well-being, but it seems the Nox decision to abandon its age-long pacifism is having some unforseen effects. Regardless, Tasca informs Dr. Talbot that he has come for one reason and one reason only; to prepare SG-1 for the coming trials of the Der'kal War.

Meanwhile, half of SG-1 is still in dire danger on Illios. Colonel Carter grabs her laptop and desperately tries to power up the chair, but something's damaged the conduits between the primary control systems and the ZPM. If she can't get them repaired, they won't be able to fire the drones at all. Mitchell asks Sam how long she thinks this will take, but the scientist honestly has no idea. She's never had to bypass Lantean circuitry before, and she has to be extra careful not to create a feedback loop that could overload the ZPM. If they still had the control room, she could probably have it done within the hour, but now... she doesn't know.

Colonel Mitchell then pulls Arouca aside, asking him if he's okay. The former 303 commander nods, saying that the loss of his ship, while shocking, is something he can deal with. But right now, all that should matter is finding a way out of here. And with the ring platform in the control room buried under tons upon tons of rubble, that prospect is getting dimmer by the minute. Off in a corner, Cecille has pulled out some sort of alien radio, trying to raise her own people, but she doesn't seem to be getting anywhere.

Back at the ISGC, Vala and Daniel Jackson have been summoned to the briefing room where Tasca stands alone watching the stargate spin for an outgoing wormhole. Talbot is nowhere to be found, nor are any other Earth officials, and the doors to the other rooms have been closed and locked. Slowly, the Nox man turns, holding out a hand. He asks the two humans to come closer, but as soon as she takes a step toward him, Vala cries out in pain. At once, a small cylindrical device, before sitting unnoticed on a small table nearby, flashes brightly. Daniel grabs her and pulls her back, shouting at Tasca to explain whatever that device just did. The Nox calmly says that it was something develped by the Furlings, something that analyzed the neural patterns of those in a set radius and shocked any who expressed feelings of doubt.

Daniel, unconviced, steps forward... and nothing happens. Tasca smiles and asks if Jackson thinks Earth can defeat the Der'kal. The instant Daniel replies with a "yes," he also cries out in pain, twitching and pulling back out of the device's range. He demands to know what kind of Nox he is, torturing innocents. But the reply is more of a question than an answer; why should it be seen as torture? There is no ill intent, only the need to purge doubt from their minds. Tasca reminds him that the Nox were not always as they are, so afraid to inflict harm in any way. He is old enough to just barely remember the old days, which is why he decided to come here to Earth. Lya herself cautioned against the methods he will employ, but he sees no point in being nice, not when the fate of the galaxy is at stake.

Shakily getting back on her feet, Vala asks shy only humans are being "tested." Why not the Jaffa? The Tok'ra? And what about the two Colonels away on a mission? For a long moment, there is no answer. Then he explains... the Jaffa have proven how much they are willing to suffer to ensure victory, they died by the thousands against the Goa'uld, and they are even now defending half the galaxy with their own ships, dying again by the thousands, to hold off the Der'kal. The Tok'ra made themselves exiles, cut themselves off from the luxuries of being Goa'uld, and risked their lives for thousands of years to make certain that the evil that was the System Lords would one day fall. Colonels Carter and Mitchell will, in their time, be tested, but that hardly matters since they're not here right now.

And then Jackson asks what the Nox have done that proves their worthy, their readiness. Standing, Tasca picks up the Furling device and places it on his palm, wincing as electrical arcs dance across his hand. He says quietly that the Nox have suffered far more than he knows, and until he seen evidence to the contrary, he would ask Daniel to mind his tongue. The two lock stares for a long, long moment... then Tasca places the device back down and tells the others to follow him.

In deep space, a Der'kal battle group cruises onward into the night. On the bridge, the commander Vur'naa looks over a tactical display of Earth and its defenses. He mutters to a nearby warrior that the Tau'ri will need to be dealt with eventually. Unfortunately, though, the local te'kal doesn't seem to agree, and continues to urge complete focus on the Free Jaffa Nation. Apparently the fact that Earth battleships continue to harrass them at every major point of the front doesn't matter, and that their ground teams sow dissent across the galaxy doesn't seem to affect the war in any way. But Vur'naa knows this isn't true, he has seen SG-1 in action and knows that they are a leading cause of the slowness of the war. What are his leaders thinking?

A nearby warrior informs him that a transmission is coming in from one of the rear fleet groups, back in secured space. Vur'naa orders the signal boosted to his private terminal, then turns to find another alien glowering up at him from his console. The bombardment of a key installation, Illios, has commenced, and its final city shall be in their hands by nightfall there. A lone starship was destroyed in the barrage, but it was destroyed too quickly to identify. Whatever the case, soon a critically-placed world will be in Der'kal control.

Suddenly, Vur'naa is reminded of the prophecy he heard the previous year ("Cold War") that the Der'kal's defeat in this galaxy was foreseen, having been somehow carved onto a column on the first world they touched down on... in their own language. What if these victories were only transitory? What if this so-called Alliance found the power to turn them back? His people have been scouring the stars for eons... if this galaxy did not offer sanctuary, if it was just a false hope like all the others... but no. No, that was for the te'kal to question, not him. Turning back to his crew, he ordered a jump be laid in; P9X-335, the planet that once served as Zanous Garrin's base. Question for the te'kal or not, he had to see it.

On Illios itself, the shaking has finally stopped. Orbital bombardment has paused briefly, but the Der'kal are no doubt blasting the nearby city apart with ground weaponry all the same. Sam is making slow progress with the drones, but she says she'll need more time. Finally, Mitchell grabs Arouca and says that they need to do something. The latter has no ideas... but then suddenly remembers Teal'c saying that the Der'kal deployed ring-like structures on Garrin's old baseworld. If that's right, they may be able to ring aboard one of the ships in orbit. They can distract the aliens for a while, maybe keep the bombardment off for a little longer. Arouca's skeptical, especially considering they lost their heavy explosives when the control room collapsed, but he agrees that it may be the only way. Picking up their P90s, the two tell Carter about their plan and head to the ring platform, punching in a command and waiting that agonizing second to see if it works.

And then they are ringed up to one of the ships in the fleet, appearing in a ring room graciously empty of warriors. Grinning, Mitchell mutters a verse from the Bible and heads off down the hallway in a light sprint, Arouca tagging a little behind.

At the ISGC, Tasca is leading Vala and Daniel through a maze of hallways, asking hypotetical questions about the nature of the universe as they walk. Vala seems perpetually bored by this, but Daniel is trying to outflank the Nox by backing him into moral corners. Then, they turn a real corner, and find the entire ISGC has vanished. Suddenly they're on the Nox homeworld, with city platforms floating nearby. The stargate is a few dozen meters away, inactive. Looking around, Jackson asks what in the world is going on, but Tasca shushes him.

The Nox explains that when SG-1 first came to Velieris, they attempted to change the very core of Nox life simply because they believed they were smarter. And even though the team was proven wrong, that didn't stop them from altering other peoples' lifestyles for years. When the Der'kal come, the very things SG-1 has tried to change in the past may be what saves this galaxy; a society's willingness to do anything to survive, to sacrifice countless millions to preserve billions. The image of Velieris fades, replaced by one of Langara burning, the entire planet on fire. Can Daniel stand by and let that happen, for the greater good? At that, Vala can't take it anymore, demanding to know what kind of Nox Tasca is, anyway. They would never abide this sort of thing.

The illusion fades completely now, replaced by the ISGC corridors again. Tasca explains that the Nox decide things as a people; very rarely do individuals go against the grain. When Lya convinced the rest of them to abandon their pacifist ways, power up their battleships, and comes to Earth's aid (S11: "Sol, Part 2"), the Nox changed together. If they have become to realist for the Tau'ri's taste, they do apologize. But that is simply how it is.

(Continued in next post.)

Comment

(End of "The Coming Storm," see previous post for start.)

Spoiler:
                          High above Illios, the two Colonels make their way past a security checkpoint manned by a trio of Der'kal warriors. Arouca mutters that they should probably take out the hyperdrive to cause the most panic, but Mitchell is more concerned with eliminating this ship's ability to bombard the planet. The duo get into a small argument over their plans, but both become alert when they hear enemies approaching. They dive into a small compartment just in time to avoid a group of warriors passing by, carrying a large metal object. Perplexed, they put their ideas on hold and sneak off after them.

Down below the planet's surface, Cecille is trying to help Carter get the weapons platform operational. So far, Sam's reconnected the outpost's power source, but now the damaged conduits aren't transferring anywhere near enough power to fire off the necessary amount of drones. Too much energy is leaking out of the system, and that needs to be fixed ASAP. Going over the power logs, Carter notices that the Illiosians installed a primitive version of a naquadah generator in a compartment adjacent to the chair room here in the outpost. It's been keeping the lights on and such while the ZPMs been out of commission. Stunned by her overlooking of such an obvious thing, Sam asks Cecille why she didn't mention the generator before... and turns to find her P90 in her face.

Cecille calmly asks Carter to drop the laptop and step away from the chair, which Sam does. When the Colonel asks what's going on, the native explains that she made a deal with the Der'kal on behalf of her people; she would deliver SG-1 to be killed, and the aliens would not further harm her world once it had been conquered, nor would they destroy the stargate. The plan was going very smoothly until Mitchell and Arouca ringed up to the alien fleet. But now that doesn't matter, as the aliens know exactly which ship was compromised, and they are even now preparing to destroy it. Crew members are being ringed/shuttled off, and a fusion bomb is being planted in the power core to make sure nothing survives.

Sam tries to reason with the Illiosian, pointing out that she has no guarantee the Der'kal won't simply blast her planet to bits like the others once she and Mitchell are dead, but Cecille doesn't care. The Alliance is incapable of defending them from the invaders, and they won't be caught without some sort of deal of their own. This way at least they will have curried some favor with the aliens, and hopefully that will be enough. It's a shame that Daniel Jackson and Vala did not come, but Cecille doesn't think the Der'kal will mind much.

Just as she notices Cecille pulling back on the trigger of her P90, Carter remembers something. She dives to the side barely in time to avoid a spray of bullets, then slides behind the Ancient stasis pod to shield her. Sam pulls a combat knife out of her pocket and jams it into the pod's casing, prying it apart as fast as she can and powering it up. Then, as Cecille rounds a corner and rushes towards her, she hits the activation button and jumps away, managing to lash out with a roundhouse throwing the Illiosian into the pod. The stasis protocol activates, and Cecille cries out as she is finally put on ice, the P90 dropping uselessly to the ground as she is encased. Breathless but knowing time is of the essence, Sam grabs her radio and shouts for Mitchell.

In orbit, Arouca pulls out his radio just in time to hear Carter explain what happened. Mitchell asks how in the world she could have tricked them like this, but Sam says there's no time; they need to get off that ship now! The two Colonels are shocked at the mention of a fusion bomb, and immediately run back down the corridor toward the hanger (it being closer than the ring room), realizing what the metal device they were carrying must be. Mitchell rushes into a nearby alien gunship and powers it up, trying to figure out the controls as he goes. After a minute of experimentation, he manages to get a grasp on the basic up-down-left-right system and ushers Arouca onboard. The two dart out of the hanger and descend toward Illios just in time to avoid the fusion bomb's detonation, which completely obliterates the warship.

They land the gunship just above the outpost, telling Sam they have a ring platform she can use to get out. But Carter isn't quite ready to leave, saying that she thinks she's found a way to power up the chair with the naquadah generator, using it to suplement the lost ZPM power, and activate the platform. Sitting in the chair and closing her eyes, she targets the fleet in orbit and releases the drones. They stream from an underground storage tank by the thousands, arching into space and ripping the ships there to shreds. The Der'kal shields flash as the drones slip through, but they, like all others, are incapable of stopping the Ancient weapons. Within minutes, the entire fleet, two dozen ships in all, is no more. Illios, traitorous as it may be, is liberated.

Some time later, Carter, Mitchell, and Arouca are flying back to the planet's stargate. They'll have to leave the gunship behind, but at least (thanks to Cecille's deal), they have a way home at all, alien vessel coming with them or not. What Sam can't figure out is why the Illiosians would trust the Der'kal over them, especially considering their Ancient outpost. Arouca guesses that maybe they didn't think they could really get it working, and by dangling it in front of Earth, they'd lure more than a BC-303 here. In fact, the Der'kal were probably hoping for an entire Earth fleet to show up. But at least that didn't happen... this time.

At the ISGC, Dr. Talbot welcomes her people back as they walk through the gate, informing them of Tasca's presence and his desire to show SG-1 the trials they may face. The two other members of the team head off to meet Daniel and Vala while Col. Arouca is debriefed.

Tasca's final test is simple, and he seems to know Sam and Mitchell have returned even before they walk in the room. Tossing a zat to Vala, he turns and asks her to shoot the next person that walks in the door. The smuggler waits, then gasps as a pair of Der'kal warriors turn the corner, weapons raised. Vala goes to stun both of them, but the blasts shimmer harmlessly against an energy shield Tasca projects from a device on his forearm. Suddenly, the two alien soldiers disappear, replaced by a very-confused Carter and Mitchell. Daniel is the first to understand... he created holograms around the two as they entered, to make them think enemies had infiltrated the base. The point was to show how easily you can be deceived, and not to trust your first instincts. The Nox nods, sagely musing that he thinks the two newcomers learned that lesson well today.

Not quite sure how he knew what happened on Illios, Sam nods in return, then asks if SG-1 collectively passed his tests. Tasca smiles and says that, for now, the Nox believe they are ready to challenge the Der'kal. As he leaves the room to head for the stargate, though, he pauses and asks the team not to forget what he has said, and places the Furling "torture" device from earlier on the table. He will leave it here for them to see if they can ever rid themselves of doubt, even doubt they may not know they have. When they can, they will truly be ready to take on any foe, now or in the future. And with that, he leaves.

Light-years away, Vur'naa stands on the surface of P9X-335, gazing at a worn column with Der'kal lettering on it. He shakes his head angrily and steps onto his gunship, ordering it to lift off. As soon as he is high into the atmosphere, he comms his vessel and orders the crew to blast the area around the column until nothing remains. Heresy, he says, is to be destroyed. Even so, though, he is clearly wondering just how someone could have left that message... and how they were so sure his people would lose.
                          Last edited by s09119; 17 July 2008, 01:47 PM.

Comment

Very nice, 2 questions though, how come they didnt take the Gunship, i thought they had hyperdrives. Also, how did the nox know what happened on the planet

Fav Stargate Quotes

Spoiler:
                            Thanks! It'll be a walk in the park ... a very scary park, filled with monsters who are trying to kill me.

I like the yellow ones.

Operation "This Will Most Likely End Badly" is a go.

OH CRAP!!!

You need someone dumber than you are.... You may have come to the right place.

Comment

Originally posted by jonos101 View Post
                              Very nice
                              Honestly, I thought the episode sounded better in my head haha, I'm not all that happy with how I wrote it... but oh well.

2 questions though, how come they didnt take the Gunship, i thought they had hyperdrives.
                              I don't recall ever giving an example of them having hyperdrives... but they don't. They're strictly short range strike craft, only about the size of the gunships used by the Covenant in Halo, actually (which I keep picturing them as because they're so cool!).

Also, how did the nox know what happened on the planet
                              That's the million dollar question, isn't it?

Comment

I don't recall ever giving an example of them having hyperdrives... but they don't. They're strictly short range strike craft, only about the size of the gunships used by the Covenant in Halo, actually (which I keep picturing them as because they're so cool!).
                                I might have just assummed they did. So they look like the Phantoms, they do look cool, not as cool as the pelicans though. So do the Gunships have that cool grav lift thingy in the bottom to drop troops off?

Fav Stargate Quotes

Spoiler:
                                Thanks! It'll be a walk in the park ... a very scary park, filled with monsters who are trying to kill me.

I like the yellow ones.

Operation "This Will Most Likely End Badly" is a go.

OH CRAP!!!

You need someone dumber than you are.... You may have come to the right place.

Comment

Working...
                                X