This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by silly sally View Post
    You said he recommended it, and I pointed out that it was barely worth a recommended review...
    Barely recommended is still recommended, oh anti-Continuum crusading one...
    Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

Originally posted by silly sally View Post
      You said he recommended it, and I pointed out that it was barely worth a recommended review...

Good grief, he did recommend it. And I said it wasn't a glowing review.

Comment

Originally posted by flynn1959 View Post
        Um...that wasn't a serious question was it?
        Um...sure was. You said you thought some of the less than favorable posts about "Continuum would disappear - that it was too bad because if the PTB visited the forums/on-line places, they needed to actually see what some of the people didn't like about the movie, etc." So you must think someone is intentionally deleting the less than favorable reviews. Why would someone do that? And who is it? Or was it just a little attempt at humor there

Comment

Originally posted by EmmaPeel View Post
          Um...sure was. You said you thought some of the less than favorable posts about "Continuum would disappear - that it was too bad because if the PTB visited the forums/on-line places, they needed to actually see what some of the people didn't like about the movie, etc." So you must think someone is intentionally deleting the less than favorable reviews. Why would someone do that? And who is it? Or was it just a little attempt at humor there
          Posts have already gone missing here, deleted - presumably by the mods. They don't give a reason - in fact the missing posts aren't even numbered as on other forums where the message 'post 111 deleted' appears. You simply visit a thread and find that a whole slew of posts is now gone. It can be very confusing.

I find no humour at all in the situation.
          sigpic

Jack and Daniel...the old married couple.

Comment

Originally posted by flynn1959 View Post
            Posts have already gone missing here, deleted - presumably by the mods. They don't give a reason - in fact the missing posts aren't even numbered as on other forums where the message 'post 111 deleted' appears. You simply visit a thread and find that a whole slew of posts is now gone. It can be very confusing.

I find no humour at all in the situation.
            It's common knowledge that GW's been having a few problems lately, which if I've read correctly will be fixed by the end of week, that's why it's been slow and sometimes impossible to get onto in the last couple of weeks...that's why some of the posts may have gone missing...favourable or not. I highly doubt there is some strange conspiracy going on here...I really don't think you should be blaming the mods without any evidence.

(Credit to RepliCartertje for the beautiful sig and to Mala for smilies.)

Comment

TV GUIDE, July 14th

Also, on page 10 of this issue, there a small snippet on CONTINUUM.

Breaking News #10
              Stargate Chills in the Arctic

Excerpt:
              …in the DVD, out July 29th, the SG1 team is trapped after longtime alien enemy Ba’al travels back in time, hijacks the first Stargate and stows it away in the Arctic ice to keep it away from humanity. For what’s touted as the most northern movie production ever, Amanda Tapping, Ben Browder and Richard Dean Anderson filmed at a scientific station on a moving ice floe above the Arctic. “We lived in plywood boxes with kerosene heathers and chipped ice to make water,” Tapping tells TV Guide.

Comment

Continuum could have been brilliant 5 years ago, but right now in this very moment... it's just another time-travel tale. It's slightly better than the AoT-fiasco but I wouldn't recommend the movie to someone who hasn't seen any Stargate, nor would I recommend it in general.

I even think I liked Star Trek Nemesis better and at the time of watching that I was thinking meh. Saw it in theatre, in a room with maybe 10 other people (while it could hold at least 250).

SG1 has had far better episodes than the "movies" we get... I suggest they stick their money into something else, and let the franchise of SG1 go out with dignity.
                Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                  Continuum could have been brilliant 5 years ago, but right now in this very moment... it's just another time-travel tale. It's slightly better than the AoT-fiasco but I wouldn't recommend the movie to someone who hasn't seen any Stargate, nor would I recommend it in general.

I even think I liked Star Trek Nemesis better and at the time of watching that I was thinking meh. Saw it in theatre, in a room with maybe 10 other people (while it could hold at least 250).

SG1 has had far better episodes than the "movies" we get... I suggest they stick their money into something else, and let the franchise of SG1 go out with dignity.
                  I disagree. Continuum shows SG-1 still has plenty of life left in it.
                  Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                  "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                  Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post

Exactly, that's the crux of the problem with this movies. If you can't make a movie larger than a regular episode, I say they have a problem.
                    Case in point
                    Quest1+2+Shroud was larger than AoT
                    Lost City1+2 or Reckoning+Threads or Moebius was larger than Continuum

Comment

No they weren't.

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                        No they weren't.
                        Yes, they were.
                        C'mon, only "Threads" (the extended cut) is about 90 mins, isn't it?
                        Plus 40+40 mins of "Reckoning" = 170 mins, that is much more than 99 mins of Continuum
                        An Italian Gater

Comment

Originally posted by Lorix View Post
                          Yes, they were.
                          Plus 40+40 mins of "Reckoning" = 170 mins, that is much more than 99 mins of Continuum
                          this don't make sense. comparing 3/4 episodes to 1 movie.

yea, season 4/5 of SG1 together is around 2000 minutes... WAY bigger than Mobies and Reckoning put together......

who cares though.

if u dont like continuum go rewatch One False Step and wormhole extreme and avenger 2.0 for the 20th time.
                          BSG (Drama/Soap Opera)

Soap Opera: The main characteristics that define soap operas are "an emphasis on family life, personal relationships, sexual dramas, emotional and moral conflicts; some coverage of topical issues; set in familiar domestic interiors with only occasional excursions into new locations

Drama: A drama film is a film genre that depends mostly on in-depth development of realistic characters dealing with emotional themes

SG1/SGA are not Drama/Soap although some elements are touched on to add depth to these action/adventure series. If you want to see a show focused on Soap/Drama go watch BSG or Days of our Lives.

Comment

Originally posted by Bytor View Post
                            if u dont like continuum go rewatch One False Step and wormhole extreme and avenger 2.0 for the 20th time.
                            Err... what?
                            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Yes, they were.
                              By larger, I didn't think you meant how long they were.

Comment

Yes, they were.
                                No Threads clocks in at just over 62 minutes.
                                Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                                "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                                Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Working...
                                X