John Sheppard/Teyla Emmagan Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the fic rec Blue.

Thanks again for the Kindred 2 caps Linda.

Here's at least one sig.

Comment

Originally posted by DONNA BOOTH View Post
      Aww Thanks i have some thing My Daughter Made she has been getting used to Gimp and her Favourite Character is Teyla she is also a Jt fan i helped her a little she did the 2 middle pics i think its not bad for her first try i thought i would post it any way
      http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r...s/TeylaSig.jpg
      Your Daughter did that? Wow that's awesome she's very talented just like her mother.
      Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
      Thanks again WL

DG siggie.......Be warned it's not as good as the others
      Spoiler:
      Don't say i didn't warn you
      Spoiler:
      Your welcome and not as good as the others what are you insane? That's fantastic!
      Originally posted by TeylaFan View Post
      Good!! Thanks
      Your welcome.
      Originally posted by scifan View Post
      No, I'm not going to this time, plus I think I stink at doing them.
      A shame i was looking forward to seeing your icons and no you don't stink at icons if anybody stinks at them it's me.
      Originally posted by LandJrule View Post
      After spending a good hour or more shouting angrily at Photoshop, I've finally finished my "Sunday" J/T sig! (well, it's more like a wallpaper, concerning it's size! lol!)

I got annoyed & angry at Photoshop, because each time I use it, it likes messing with me by saying there's some issue that needs debugging, & so shuts itself. Often, it will do this several times.

But it managed to co-operate with me for long enough to get it done (I had put the pictures together, duplicated the overall thing, & saved the combined pictures in case the damn thing decided to close all on its own).

Here it is:
      Spoiler:
      Very nice LandJrule.

Edit: Love The Kindred sig sci.

Comment

Wow Blue that was a mouthful but I agree... I have to see it...I'm not about going searching for it with a magnifying glass or being hit over he head leaving me with a concussion all blurry eyed...

Slight rant.. click at your own risk
        Spoiler:
        I'm watching several of other shows besides Atlantis and CSI NY which are my two favorites out there... but even other shows I come across people who see that ship and that ship,, they ship one with the other and some ship that one with another.. but still I don't ship in every show I watch.. either I'm not that intrested in the charcters personal life,, or I just don't see that special bond or whatever and just see it as friendship and yes maybe there is something behind it all,, but even if I don't ship them or them I leave those fans alone and let them ship whatever they want even if I don't... we can't see things all the same...we can't like all things the same...gosh this would be so boring if we did.. some in here may like Teyla more then John,,,some might like John more then Teyla...some might have Rodney as their favorite, some may have Ronon as their favorite...and it's all okay... if everyone in here was only favorites of Teyla alone for example..this thread would sound like a broken record.. and in the end we would have said the same things over and over until there just isn't anything else left to say...

This is one of the main reasons I HATE stating things in the epi thread ,,, it's like there is this damn thing about if I open my mouth and say one good thing about JT even if it's just how I see things and how I feel and hell even if it's just a scene I even see as friendship...there is 20 posts after it saying it's that and that.. it's ugly,,it's stupid, no chemistry and yada yada.. making from what I've seen several times over making general fans groan saying,,oh great yet another ship battle.. I've seen several post of views on how they saw Sheppard in S&R in maybe a more negative light then others.. do I see John fans come to his defence,,yes I have but I haven't really seen it go out of control.. and they are entitled to their opinion just as much as I'm entitled to my opinion of how I saw him in the epi...same goes for JT,,what I saw and how I see the scenes is my own choice.. non shipper could see that scene as friendship,,and there have been some who has seen it as maybe an underlying hint to something more,, and all that is fine.. they see and feel what they feel.. and it's fine.. as long as post isn't written like I'm so wrong and can never be right,,and that I don't have the right to feel and think and see what I want...

That's the whole thing about fandom..about shipping.. some may like John/Teyla..some like John/Liz,,,some like Rodney/John... some like Ronon/John... and it's all fine.. they are entitled too...

Getting pretty sick of this stuff...no wonder I basically stopped going to the CSI forum because of the nastiness,, there was even a poll a while back there which asked members why people don't talk that much on the forum anymore..the larger anser I think was time but also that if you are for example Danny/Lindsay fans or just fans of Lindsay,,you get the impression you are not welcome on that forum since if you open your mouth saying something pro about her or the ship you get slammed with 20 post after saying how much they hate her and hate them and doesn't see a crap with them or no chemistry.. yet that is the canon ship of that show and have even been told by showrunners and writers that was and is the intended relationship on the show since she came on in the beginning of season 2.. and that's what the epi thread looks like over there too..say one pro things and you get slammed with negative posts and all they do is just focus on that particular thing,,, must really be fun being so negative al the time,, and destroying things for fans who still is a fan of the shows...

Rant over...going playing some games,, to calm down
        sigpic
        Sigs by Scifan

Comment

Thanks for the fic rec Blue.

Thanks again for the Kindred 2 caps Linda.

Here's at least one sig.

Just had to say before I leave... love the sig
          sigpic
          Sigs by Scifan

Comment

Originally posted by wraithlord View Post
            Your Daughter did that? Wow that's awesome she's very talented just like her mother.

Your welcome and not as good as the others what are you insane? That's fantastic!

Your welcome.

A shame i was looking forward to seeing your icons and no you don't stink at icons if anybody stinks at them it's me.

Very nice LandJrule.

Edit: Love The Kindred sig sci.
            Originally posted by NinaM View Post
            Just had to say before I leave... love the sig

Thanks WL and Nina.

I've been reading some post in the Anti-JT and it saddens me that some people would give up their shows if JT grows closer in their relationship. I know I would be terribly upset if they didn't(JT get together), but I would still watch it. It would also be harder to watch if certain main characters leave after S6. But I guess that's me. I've always try my best to like all the characters in a show, but it's hard some times.
            Did that make sense?

Comment

Originally posted by NinaM View Post
              Wow Blue that was a mouthful but I agree... I have to see it...I'm not about going searching for it with a magnifying glass or being hit over he head leaving me with a concussion all blurry eyed...

Slight rant.. click at your own risk
              Spoiler:
              I'm watching several of other shows besides Atlantis and CSI NY which are my two favorites out there... but even other shows I come across people who see that ship and that ship,, they ship one with the other and some ship that one with another.. but still I don't ship in every show I watch.. either I'm not that intrested in the charcters personal life,, or I just don't see that special bond or whatever and just see it as friendship and yes maybe there is something behind it all,, but even if I don't ship them or them I leave those fans alone and let them ship whatever they want even if I don't... we can't see things all the same...we can't like all things the same...gosh this would be so boring if we did.. some in here may like Teyla more then John,,,some might like John more then Teyla...some might have Rodney as their favorite, some may have Ronon as their favorite...and it's all okay... if everyone in here was only favorites of Teyla alone for example..this thread would sound like a broken record.. and in the end we would have said the same things over and over until there just isn't anything else left to say...

This is one of the main reasons I HATE stating things in the epi thread ,,, it's like there is this damn thing about if I open my mouth and say one good thing about JT even if it's just how I see things and how I feel and hell even if it's just a scene I even see as friendship...there is 20 posts after it saying it's that and that.. it's ugly,,it's stupid, no chemistry and yada yada.. making from what I've seen several times over making general fans groan saying,,oh great yet another ship battle.. I've seen several post of views on how they saw Sheppard in S&R in maybe a more negative light then others.. do I see John fans come to his defence,,yes I have but I haven't really seen it go out of control.. and they are entitled to their opinion just as much as I'm entitled to my opinion of how I saw him in the epi...same goes for JT,,what I saw and how I see the scenes is my own choice.. non shipper could see that scene as friendship,,and there have been some who has seen it as maybe an underlying hint to something more,, and all that is fine.. they see and feel what they feel.. and it's fine.. as long as post isn't written like I'm so wrong and can never be right,,and that I don't have the right to feel and think and see what I want...

That's the whole thing about fandom..about shipping.. some may like John/Teyla..some like John/Liz,,,some like Rodney/John... some like Ronon/John... and it's all fine.. they are entitled too...

Getting pretty sick of this stuff...no wonder I basically stopped going to the CSI forum because of the nastiness,, there was even a poll a while back there which asked members why people don't talk that much on the forum anymore..the larger anser I think was time but also that if you are for example Danny/Lindsay fans or just fans of Lindsay,,you get the impression you are not welcome on that forum since if you open your mouth saying something pro about her or the ship you get slammed with 20 post after saying how much they hate her and hate them and doesn't see a crap with them or no chemistry.. yet that is the canon ship of that show and have even been told by showrunners and writers that was and is the intended relationship on the show since she came on in the beginning of season 2.. and that's what the epi thread looks like over there too..say one pro things and you get slammed with negative posts and all they do is just focus on that particular thing,,, must really be fun being so negative al the time,, and destroying things for fans who still is a fan of the shows...

Rant over...going playing some games,, to calm down
              I totally understand Nina..

Spoiler:
              I am really saddened by what went on in the epi thread and it looks like this is what we have in store for us each time we mention we liked a certain moment between John and Teyla. Unfortunately its always been like this on this forum but I still find it upsetting. We shouldnt have to keep defending ourselves just because we see something between a pairing and in Search and Rescue there was no denying what we saw. I'm really getting sick and tired of all the pettiness and the nastiness. It would be so nice if everyone could just concentrate on what they enjoy about the show, without attacking others just because they enjoy an aspect of the show that some don't. We all can't get what we want all the time, if so I would want to see Shep whumped and being comforted in Teyla's arms... every week.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bluealien View Post

Spoiler:
                I am really saddened by what went on in the epi thread and it looks like this is what we have in store for us each time we mention we liked a certain moment between John and Teyla. Unfortunately its always been like this on this forum but I still find it upsetting. We shouldnt have to keep defending ourselves just because we see something between a pairing and in Search and Rescue there was no denying what we saw. I'm really getting sick and tired of all the pettiness and the nastiness. It would be so nice if everyone could just concentrate on what they enjoy about the show, without attacking others just because they enjoy an aspect of the show that some don't. We all can't get what we want all the time, if so I would want to see Shep whumped and being comforted in Teyla's arms... every week.

ITA Blue. Nicely said.

Comment

Round Robin Part 8

Spoiler:
                  The waking moments directly after the deep slumber courtesy of a Wraith stunner blast have never been pleasant and today was no exception. Colonel Sheppard woke groggily and immediately placed the bottom palm of his left hand to his forehead to help him ease the insistent throb of pain. Remembering quickly what had happened, he sat up and looked around wildly realizing that he was in the exact same spot where he had been hit, only now dark had fallen and the smooth blue moon in the sky and the small sprinkling of stars were the only comfort in sight.

No Teyla beside him, no Ronon or Rodney anywhere to be found; only the scattered corpses of Athosians, men and women alike, strewn across the land; their lumpy forms dark shadows in the night.

Sheppard immediately tapped his earpiece. “Ronon – McKay – Come in…….”

Nothing.

“This is Sheppard. Come in!” His voice became more and more insistent with each syllable.

Static crackled in return to his ears and a nervous lump rose hurriedly in his throat. He stood shakily and put his hand instinctively to his now-empty holster and cursed lightly under his breath at the realization that his weapon was missing.

Squinting his eyes though the night, he could make out the outline of small homes and tents clustered together along the nearby rivers edge.The moon reflected eerily against the rushing water and Sheppard felt out of place to be standing by something so serene when all he felt around him was death.

Throughout the long length of homes he searched as he ran by them, no campfires remained lit, no lanterns hung brightly from their posts; save one. At the very end of the stretch, Sheppard’s eyes widened at the twinkling of one lone light that beckoned to him like a wayward beacon of hope.

It was from a small house built of stone and wood. Sheppard stealthily approached and peered in the slightly ajar window.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsB108 View Post
                    Round Robin Part 8

Spoiler:
                    The waking moments directly after the deep slumber courtesy of a Wraith stunner blast have never been pleasant and today was no exception. Colonel Sheppard woke groggily and immediately placed the bottom palm of his left hand to his forehead to help him ease the insistent throb of pain. Remembering quickly what had happened, he sat up and looked around wildly realizing that he was in the exact same spot where he had been hit, only now dark had fallen and the smooth blue moon in the sky and the small sprinkling of stars were the only comfort in sight.

No Teyla beside him, no Ronon or Rodney anywhere to be found; only the scattered corpses of Athosians, men and women alike, strewn across the land; their lumpy forms dark shadows in the night.

Nothing.

“This is Sheppard. Come in!” His voice became more and more insistent with each syllable.

Static crackled in return to his ears and a nervous lump rose hurriedly in his throat. He stood shakily and put his hand instinctively to his now-empty holster and cursed lightly under his breath at the realization that his weapon was missing.

Squinting his eyes though the night, he could make out the outline of small homes and tents clustered together along the nearby rivers edge.The moon reflected eerily against the rushing water and Sheppard felt out of place to be standing by something so serene when all he felt around him was death.

Throughout the long length of homes he searched as he ran by them, no campfires remained lit, no lanterns hung brightly from their posts; save one. At the very end of the stretch, Sheppard’s eyes widened at the twinkling of one lone light that beckoned to him like a wayward beacon of hope.

It was from a small house built of stone and wood. Sheppard stealthily approached and peered in the slightly ajar window.
                    Awesome update MrsB!!!!
                    sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

Round Robin Part 8

Spoiler:

Nothing.

Oh Great update!
                      Icon by AceofHadeon Sig by TrueRomantic

sigpic

Comment

Thanks guys!

Comment

Round Robin Part 8

Spoiler:

Nothing.

Awesome update...

Spoiler:
                          Hrmm wonder where Teyla, Ronon and Rodney is.. ?? John must have felt so alone standing there in the dark with no life at all around him...oh a single little house with light in it..wonder what John is seeing throught he window
                          sigpic
                          Sigs by Scifan

Comment

Originally posted by ruby_caspar View Post
                            Oooooooooh - or Ronon babysitting AND having to fight off 12 wraith??? Huh? I feel a story coming on...
                            I'd love to read it as well!

A JT fic rec...

This is a lovely fic expanding on Teyla's thougths after her people were taken and showing the friendship between her and John...

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4358512/1/Helping_Hands
                            Thanks for the fic rec!. I'll definitely be reading it!
                            sigpic

Sig by Camy

Comment

Here's at least one sig.

Fantastic!

Spoiler:

Didn't have time to read your long posts I'm packing and then I've got a train to catch

But I did notice your last line... Yes please!!!

Round Robin Part 8

Spoiler:

Nothing.

Love it!!!

Second chapter of my fic: Primary Target

What we do in life echoes in eternity - Gladiator vghUp the Blades!

Comment

Round Robin Part 8

Spoiler:

Nothing.

Ahhh!!!
                                Awesome update.

Who's next? Is it TF??

Here's another sig, but not quite sure yet what to put for the text yet.
                                Spoiler:
                                I was thinking, "In loving memory" but I'm not sure.

Comment

Working...
                                X