X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like the sig Mary!

okay and since Eve requested this...

how to blend with photoshop(CS2)

I use my lasso tool for it...its in your tool box on the left side...for me its the second one from the top...on the left side...
    Then you have in your window above it a line(balk) with also the word "feather" in it and a number behind it...you change that number to 5/10/15 depents on how much you want to blend...how higher the number how more it will blend but how more you loose of the picture...

Then you select with the tool the picture you want to save(then you click reverse selection) and hit the delete button and it will deletes the area that you dont want anymore. or you just select the area that you want to delete and press the delete button...then after deleting the part of the picture you dont want you click once...shortly on the picture and tada you are done...I hope! and you can blend...
    oh it does requires some practise in the beginning...atleast it did for me
    sigpic

Comment

I'm trying to learn how to use GIMP, so I'm glad some of you have experience with it. I've found it hard to find good tutorials for newbies, as well as resources. I just figured out how to use the different types of layers, so I am really a beginner at this.

Anyway, I did attempt a few icons and a sig. I don't know if they are any good or not, but I did have fun experimenting and hopefully I will get better at it. If anyone has any tips or suggestions, I would appreciate it.

Icons (sorry, I haven't gotten around to Jack yet):

My first GIMP-made sig:

I also have some good sites to recommend.

Here is a site that has some nice textures and brushes for Photoshop: http://colorfilter.net/

And I think I remember someone wanting a tutorial on using the paths tool to make renders in GIMP. Here is one of the best ones I have found so far: Renders Using Paths Tool

This whole site is pretty good for anyone wanting to learn more about how to use GIMP.

Comment

Hey guys! I really have no special gift...here is what I do...see pretty quote or some pretty lyrics..."That is so them!" I say to myself...and then I take a picture that goes along with it...upload it to photobucket...and away we go...

That's right...I use photobucket!...nothing amazing in what I do...I like them...but it takes no real talent, anyone can do it!

Comment

As far as videos go, anyone know how to make a quicktime vid work in WMM? Is there somewhere I can download the codec? Thanks
          No pessimist ever discovered the secret of the stars or sailed to an uncharted land or opened a new heaven to the human spirit.

-Helen Keller

Comment

Playing with textures and transparency. This one might have too much going on...and it may be too dark, too...Ah well

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Neesie View Post
              As far as videos go, anyone know how to make a quicktime vid work in WMM? Is there somewhere I can download the codec? Thanks
              mov (Quicktime) files cannot be imported into WMM. I believe you have to convert them first into a WMM capable format (like wmv). You can use Quicktime Pro to do this if you have it.

Another option is to download a free converter that does this. Bink Smack is one that is recommended, but I found that a lot of quality is lost in the conversion process. You might want to give it a try though.

http://www.radgametools.com/bnkdown.htm

I have also used Xilidoft mov converter and I liked it a lot. The only problem is that the free trial only converts short clips (3 minutes max).

http://www.xilisoft.com/mov-converter.html

Someone else might know of another converter program that works better than these.

Comment

I have used Elements in the past. It's a great program, and as soon as I get some cash together, I'll probably buy it just because I'm more familiar with where everything is. I know Jann uses PS, and a few others as well. Today just seems to be a Gimp day.

Speaking of... I shared both of these in the thread, but I suppose they're really more appropriate here.

Spoiled for size:

Spoiler:

I'm particularly pleased with the wallpaper. I've done others in the past, but this one looks more... finished.

I'm starting to realize though that I just don't have an artist's eye. I don't get ideas for things usually. My romance collection was a one-off, I'm afraid.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Melora View Post
                  I'm trying to learn how to use GIMP, so I'm glad some of you have experience with it. I've found it hard to find good tutorials for newbies, as well as resources. I just figured out how to use the different types of layers, so I am really a beginner at this.

Anyway, I did attempt a few icons and a sig. I don't know if they are any good or not, but I did have fun experimenting and hopefully I will get better at it. If anyone has any tips or suggestions, I would appreciate it.

Icons (sorry, I haven't gotten around to Jack yet):

<snip>

My first GIMP-made sig:

http://img249.imageshack.us/img249/1680/sjsig2wf5.jpg

I also have some good sites to recommend.

Here is a site that has some nice textures and brushes for Photoshop: http://colorfilter.net/

And I think I remember someone wanting a tutorial on using the paths tool to make renders in GIMP. Here is one of the best ones I have found so far: Renders Using Paths Tool

This whole site is pretty good for anyone wanting to learn more about how to use GIMP.
                  These icons and sig are great! Especially the 1st and 3rd icons, those are fantastic. Excellent stuff for a gimp newbie - although I'm guessing you're not new to the making icons and sigs world

When you're cutting around stuff and want to get a good clear finish but without the hard line like on the last icon or around Sam's cheek on the 2nd on, you can feather the selection tool a little bit. Just double click on the icon and it'll pull up the tool options box. Check the tickbox for feathering, and set a low radius, between 5 or 10 should do the trick. To get a more blended / faded edge look just increase the radius.

If you've got any specific questions, I'm sure someone around here can help!

Thanks for the site recs, I'm gonna check them out later.
                  sigpic

Comment

Oma!! (Or another Gimp guru...) Help me! I accidentally closed the extended layers tab, not realizing... well, not realizing. I was closing the program too, and just went through closing all the Gimp windows. Well, the next time I opened the program (like, 10 minutes later) it didn't open! I neeeeeed that tab!! How can I get it back? It's not just the layers dialogue; I opened that up easily, but it doesn't have all the helpful stuff about the colors and other stuff that the original one did. What did I do? And why didn't closing the program fix it?
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RepliCartertje View Post

Snurchables (credit if you use!!!):

* signature by Jumble65

Thought I would just mention, this takes us to a sig by Luvnjack

Comment

Few icons, all of them feature Sam. Snurchable if someone likes them

sigpic

Comment

ooh I like all the icons and sigs that are posted!

But now I have a question...for y'all... I want to make a sig atm...with a good picture of Sam with long hair...but I really have trouble finding a good one...so the question is...post a good picture of Sam with long hair(so Jann can make an signature outta it)

oh and 2...is it allowed to use pictures from the AoT in your signature?
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Chocolatequeen View Post
                            I have used Elements in the past. It's a great program, and as soon as I get some cash together, I'll probably buy it just because I'm more familiar with where everything is. I know Jann uses PS, and a few others as well. Today just seems to be a Gimp day.

Speaking of... I shared both of these in the thread, but I suppose they're really more appropriate here.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...waysbanner.jpg

Spoiled for size:

I'm particularly pleased with the wallpaper. I've done others in the past, but this one looks more... finished.

I'm starting to realize though that I just don't have an artist's eye. I don't get ideas for things usually. My romance collection was a one-off, I'm afraid.
                            These are good CQ. And your romance collection was truly inspired

Don't worry about the artist's eye thing though. I don't think I have it either, especially when I see stuff that people like Eve and Jann produce, but sometimes I come up with something I'm really pleased with. Just keep at it, and when the inspiriation strikes, sometimes it turns out great!
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Oma-1 View Post
                              These are good CQ. And your romance collection was truly inspired

Don't worry about the artist's eye thing though. I don't think I have it either, especially when I see stuff that people like Eve and Jann produce, but sometimes I come up with something I'm really pleased with. Just keep at it, and when the inspiriation strikes, sometimes it turns out great!
                              I don't have that artist eye thingie either...Just saying...you should see me draw pictures without a computer...Be warned for the horror...
                              although my Teal'c drawing that I made during Biology was kinda good...and the S/J fishing one wasn't that bad either
                              But otherwise I can't draw...or have that artist eye stuff

And like I said before...I had a lot more practise at this...so you all are very good as well!!
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by starlover1990 View Post
                                ooh I like all the icons and sigs that are posted!

But now I have a question...for y'all... I want to make a sig atm...with a good picture of Sam with long hair...but I really have trouble finding a good one...so the question is...post a good picture of Sam with long hair(so Jann can make an signature outta it)

oh and 2...is it allowed to use pictures from the AoT in your signature?
                                Sam with long hair try at the http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...=39730&page=83 somewhere from that page to the end. If you can't find something there, it doesn't exist. (I hope Jumper won't mind)

As for AoT, as long as it doesn't show spoilers from the movie, it should be ok.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X