No announcement yet.

Continuing Stargate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok, you've had long enough for this midseason break!!!!!

bring on the continuation! or I might go

[In all honestly, damn good. I've gone through everything in two evening!]
    Adam:"I reject your reality and subisute myown."

O'Neill:
    "IN THE MIDDLE OF MY BACKSWING?!"

Carter:
    "It took us 15 years and 3 supercomputers to MacGyver a system for the gate on Earth."

CARTER: You made [this]?
    ORLIN: You wouldn't believe the things you could make from the common simple idems lying around your planet. Which reminds me...you're going to need a new microwave.

Weir: You destroyed 3/4 of a solar system!
    McKay: Actually 5/6, its not an extact science.

Slashdot:
    "Well railguns are neat and all, but I'm still not joining the Army until they invent the respawn point."

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
      1. China's been awfully quiet of late, hasn't it? It's almost as if they have no territorial ambitions at all, no grand plans to put the West in its place about the stargate. That doesn't seem very like them, now does it?
      A sort of "civil war" on earth? Sounds kinda bad for the war effort . I'd hate to see our fellow earth humans fight us, and thought a common menace like the Der'kal would make everyone see that.

2. I wonder how the Nox are doing. We've seen the impact of the Der'kal invasion on the Jaffa, but not them... maybe SG-1 will get to see one of their flying cities sometime soon? And, more interestingly, maybe the planet won't be so picturesque this time around.
      That sounds really cool though, the Nox attacked and having to flee their homeplanet because of a Der'kal "surprise" attack. It makes sense that their floating cities would resemble atlantis-type structures in their interplanetary possibilities, they were in an alliance after all.

Btw: what happened to the technologies that were promised when the alliance was formed? Did we get faster sublight?

(I've always noticed that in the series, sublight is not nearly the speed of light, as you can see from the fact that even with warning and a lot of distance in between the ha'tak of earth could not escape the supernova. And as we all know, supernovea cannot travel faster than light either.)

Did the Nox and Jaffa get the Asgard techbase? I would reckon that the Nox have comparable technologies themselves. And also that the Jaffa have no idea what to do with the Asgard science earth would have given them. Not to disrespect the Jaffa, but apart from some good hands-on science (they seem to have figured out the Dakara weapon frequency adjuster pretty well), they seem more dark ages to me.

P.S.: I still think the Asschen should get involved in this somehow, it would make the storyline more complex, but maybe that's a good thing.

To comment on the name of the last episode of this season, Xenocide:
      It's pretty obvious a biological weapon is gonna be used against the Der'kal, probably with devastating effect at first, but with diminishing returns as the Der'kal figure out a way to block it (wraith-style), or their physiology does not need a new generation to evolve like ours does (replicator-style). But I still hope you can surprise us.

Oh, and I cannot wait for the second part of this season. Good job

Comment

Originally posted by Sector View Post
        A sort of "civil war" on earth? Sounds kinda bad for the war effort . I'd hate to see our fellow earth humans fight us, and thought a common menace like the Der'kal would make everyone see that.
        We humans are really dumb. I guarantee you it would happen in real life.

(I've always noticed that in the series, sublight is not nearly the speed of light, as you can see from the fact that even with warning and a lot of distance in between the ha'tak of earth could not escape the supernova. And as we all know, supernovea cannot travel faster than light either.)
        No duh. Sublight is slower than light.

Did the Nox and Jaffa get the Asgard techbase? I would reckon that the Nox have comparable technologies themselves. And also that the Jaffa have no idea what to do with the Asgard science earth would have given them. Not to disrespect the Jaffa, but apart from some good hands-on science (they seem to have figured out the Dakara weapon frequency adjuster pretty well), they seem more dark ages to me.
        I don't think so. I wish people wouldn't beat on the Jaffa; they're not dumb.
        sigpic

The New GateWorld Virtual Fleet Database

Comment

Hey wait a second, you have been working on season 14, and we're still waiting for the back half of 13......

also, I think i missed this, but wheres that Furling ship that might help us against the Dekral
          [kick ass signature coming soon]

Comment

No duh. Sublight is slower than light.
            Yes, but also notice that I added the word "nearly" before "the speed of light". It's not even in the ballpark. Even though it has been theorised by (current) scientists that with enough energy (and lord knows any spaceship with a hyperdrive has tons of it), acceleration could be held on indefinitely (until c, ofcourse).

You would be wise to point out to me here that the suggested means by which this should happen is a continuous ionic drive (or preferably more of them). And then point out that it's pretty unlikely that even 10's of ionic drives would accelerate fast enough to reach ~c in the lifetime of a human (much less in dangerous situations). But I want you to think of 10000's of them, it would suck energy like a vacuum cleaner sucks unsavory words, but I think it could be done. This is because the actual exhaust of an ionic drive is as large as a few electrons (or could be made so), and this you'd have plenty of space once you're able to miniaturise it enough.

Ofcourse this is still theory, but there is nothing at all in our current science that would suggest it's impossible to do, in fact, it's probably our best hope of ever reaching other stars (I really don't believe something like hyperspace exists, and I'm sceptical about wormhole things either).

That said, a ship in the SG universe that could reach something like 80% c would have a tremendous advantage over other ships (it wouldn't be very manouvrable, but it would be damn hard to hit even if it moved a little, while the other ship would be practically standing still)

Originally posted by Lt. Col. Mcoy View Post
            I don't think so. I wish people wouldn't beat on the Jaffa; they're not dumb.
            First of all, I didn't say the Jaffa were dumb. It is unfortunate but thanks to their oppression by the Gua'uld, they were never allowed to research anything resembling base science. And as such, if plans are not directly given, new things cannot be hoped to be developed, and formulas not manipulated.

For example: I also believe the Langarans (Jonas' united world) would have a hard time benefiting the Asgard knowledge base. Even though they seem to be evolving at a faster rate than earth humans. As Jonas said, the space fighter planes are the stuff of science fiction on Langara. It doesn't seem unreasonable to posit that for example beaming technology would be a little too far over their heads.

What makes earth different then? There are probably several factors:

- Pretty good technology and still accelerating development of base science theories (see timelines of cool inventions on wikipedia and others)
            - Large population
            - Slow introduction to the possibility, existing and reverse-engineering of more advanced technology (the Nox, Ancient, Asschen, Goa'uld, Tollan, you name it)

It might've been just the sweet spot.

Also, the Traditionalist faction of the Jaffa Nation which strikes me as being in control of a large number of votes seems to me to be a faction that would in fact revere traditional values. Like living like the ones that came before them. They are a power mongering bunch that will not really push for technological advancements, but only for military expansion. They would also probably surmise that staff weapons, zats and ha'tak are more than sufficient to dominate the galaxy. Don't get me wrong, they WILL use beter weapons when presented with them (Dakara weapon, Hak'tyl class mothership), but I don't see them being an impetus for developing it.

Comment

It's cannon that Promethius can go 0.6C, however going faster gets exponencialy harder, so better sublights are a pain.

Comment

i've read all of season 11 and i'm very impressed great work

i'll get to season 12-13 when i get the chance
                https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

A common threat is uniting Earth for the time being, but the second it becomes apparant that Earth is (relatively) safe... that fear might start to fade. And where is this "civil war" coming from... I don't recall saying anything

That sounds really cool though, the Nox attacked and having to flee their homeplanet because of a Der'kal "surprise" attack. It makes sense that their floating cities would resemble atlantis-type structures in their interplanetary possibilities, they were in an alliance after all.
                  Hmmm very true about the cities.

Btw: what happened to the technologies that were promised when the alliance was formed? Did we get faster sublight?
                  That'll be brought up fairly soon. The promises the Alliance members made have already been followed up on, we just havn't seen it onscreen yet.

The Nox don't need Asgard weaponry; as we saw in Season 11 ("Sol, Part 2"), their ships are quite capable of defeating Ori ones.

As for the Jaffa, they've been given some Asgard tech. For example, planets like Chulak and Dakara have orbital defense satellites like Earth now has. But for those Jaffa-lovers out there, rest assured that ha'tak will soon be a force to be reckoned with again.

P.S.: I still think the Asschen should get involved in this somehow, it would make the storyline more complex, but maybe that's a good thing.
                  For the moment, the Aschen are still licking their wounds. They've been taught that Earth still has the power to hurt them, badly, but I'd like to think that if the Der'kal move on them, they'll fight back hard.

To comment on the name of the last episode of this season, Xenocide:
                  It's pretty obvious a biological weapon is gonna be used against the Der'kal, probably with devastating effect at first, but with diminishing returns as the Der'kal figure out a way to block it (wraith-style), or their physiology does not need a new generation to evolve like ours does (replicator-style). But I still hope you can surprise us.
                  Stop guessing episode details, it makes surprises harder to keep But I assume that the boys at Area 51 have been working pretty hard all this time to get a viable weapon ready.

Originally posted by Apollo214 View Post
                  Hey wait a second, you have been working on season 14, and we're still waiting for the back half of 13......
                  True. But I've already planned out Season 13, I'm just starting to get ideas for the direction I'm heading in 14.

also, I think i missed this, but wheres that Furling ship that might help us against the Dekral
                  Helpfull as it might be, the Furling warship SG-1 found was destroyed in "Shatterpoint." It, along with the rest of Garrin's fleet, was destroyed when the Der'kal arrived and blew them apart (now that they had served their purpose, what point was there in letting a bunch of crazy Jaffa/humans stick around?).

First of all, I didn't say the Jaffa were dumb. It is unfortunate but thanks to their oppression by the Gua'uld, they were never allowed to research anything resembling base science. And as such, if plans are not directly given, new things cannot be hoped to be developed, and formulas not manipulated.

For example: I also believe the Langarans (Jonas' united world) would have a hard time benefiting the Asgard knowledge base. Even though they seem to be evolving at a faster rate than earth humans. As Jonas said, the space fighter planes are the stuff of science fiction on Langara. It doesn't seem unreasonable to posit that for example beaming technology would be a little too far over their heads.

What makes earth different then? There are probably several factors:

- Pretty good technology and still accelerating development of base science theories (see timelines of cool inventions on wikipedia and others)
                  - Large population
                  - Slow introduction to the possibility, existing and reverse-engineering of more advanced technology (the Nox, Ancient, Asschen, Goa'uld, Tollan, you name it)

It might've been just the sweet spot.
                  Don't worry, the Jaffa are busy themselves, and we might see some fruits of their labor fairly soon.

Also, the Traditionalist faction of the Jaffa Nation which strikes me as being in control of a large number of votes seems to me to be a faction that would in fact revere traditional values. Like living like the ones that came before them. They are a power mongering bunch that will not really push for technological advancements, but only for military expansion. They would also probably surmise that staff weapons, zats and ha'tak are more than sufficient to dominate the galaxy.
                  Very true. The Traditionalists do wield quite a bit of power, but for now (thanks to Daniel and Dr. Talbot's work on Dakara), Teal'c and his faction have enough of a majority to keep going.

Don't get me wrong, they WILL use beter weapons when presented with them (Dakara weapon, Hak'tyl class mothership), but I don't see them being an impetus for developing it.
                  You really have been paying attention, eh? Points for that, and for the good insight!
                  Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                  Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

I would have liked the stories to be a little longer. Other than that they were good.

Comment

Originally posted by leeman15251 View Post
                      I would have liked the stories to be a little longer. Other than that they were good.
                      In what season? Only 11 had really short ones, after than I lengthened them out, but this is as big as they're gonna get. I can't be sitting here typing out three posts worth of story every time, I'd go insane.
                      Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                      Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

In what season? Only 11 had really short ones, after than I lengthened them out, but this is as big as they're gonna get. I can't be sitting here typing out three posts worth of story every time, I'd go insane.
                        but we would be happy

Fav Stargate Quotes

Spoiler:
                        Thanks! It'll be a walk in the park ... a very scary park, filled with monsters who are trying to kill me.

I like the yellow ones.

Operation "This Will Most Likely End Badly" is a go.

OH CRAP!!!

You need someone dumber than you are.... You may have come to the right place.

Comment

Originally posted by jonos101 View Post
                          but we would be happy
                          and he would not get them up as fast and we all want them ASAP ok thats why

but if the next one isn't out soon i might go

ok

i hate the mid season break
                          get the rep

Comment

((And now, the mid-season premiere of Stargate SG-1!))

13x11 "Rogues, Part 2" (Part 2 of 2)
                            Synopsis: When SG-1 hijacks the Aurora in an effort to defend a Jaffa stronghold, Earth is split on how best to respond. Meanwhile, the Der'kal bring the full force of their fleet to bear on the Alliance.
                            Spoiler:
                            ((60 Second Recap of "Rogues, Part 1"))

On the bridge of the DSC-304 Aurora, the SG-1 team anxiously awaits the coming battle. According to Carter, they're only a few minutes out from the Jaffa stronghold of Ankgor, and they all take their places; Sam is sitting in the command chair, Mitchell is manning the primary weapons systems and navigational controls, Vala is working the sensors, and Jackson is at the communications terminal. They don't have enough people to work the ship at its peak, but they have enough to assist their allies.

At last, Mitchell glances at his control panel and shouts out that he's dropping the vessel out of hyperspace, and the team tightens up as they rocket back into realspace on the far side of Ankgor, the battle only a distant exhange of colored lights. Immediately, Carter asks Daniel to open a channel to the foremost military center on the planet's surface to ask how best they can help, and he does so. A moment later, the image of an older Jaffa man appears, the commander of the capital city's garrison.

At Sam's request, the Jaffa leader gives a quick summary of events (and a surprised thanks for the support); the Der'kal arrived two days ago and began attacking the defense forces stationed here. Luckily, reinforcements were only a short hyperspace jump away, and more were dispatched from Chulak as soon as Teal'c learned of the attack. They currently have 35 ha'tak, over 100 al'kesh, and dozens of glider squadrons duking it out with just below 30 Der'kal cruisers, carriers, frigates, and corvettes. Enemy fightercraft are also inflicting severe casualties, mostly because they outnumber of the gliders 3-to-1. On the upside, however, two recently-built Hak'tyl-class ha'tak'ko (super-ha'tak first seen in "Inroads, Part 2") have arrived, and are proving to be a match for the standard alien cruisers.

As Mitchell continues to bring the Aurora closer to the battle, Daniel asks who they should be reporting to. The ground commander says that an up-and-coming Jaffa Admiral named Kitel is in charge of the defense of Ankgor, and also adds that he's going an amazing job thus far. Then, after one final bow, he wishes them well and cuts the comm. link. Vala mentions that with 30 ships, this is the Der'kal's largest assault of the war so far, indicating that they'll be stepping up their game, no doubt. Jackson, on the other hand, thinks that this siege is nothing more than a distraction, and he supposes that they have something else up their sleeve.

Regardless, the ship is now about to enter the fray, and Carter yells for them all to concentrate on the task at hand. As they finally enter weapons' range, Mitchell opens up with the railguns (far fewer than normal) and Asgard weaponry, assisting a ha'tak in destroying in destroying a nearby alien frigate. At the same time, Vala announces the presence of three Nox battlecruisers on the opposite side of the skirmish, each fending off a separate group of enemy ships. Just as the shields begin to take some damage, Carter glances at the tactical display and mutters her hopes that Earth will turn around and help them.

Meanwhile, at the ISGC, the entire base has been put in lockdown following SG-1's hijacking of the Aurora. A very-confused Dr. Talbot pushes through the throng of Aurora crewmembers currently being quartered in the mess hall and surrounding conference rooms. United Nations guards have been posted at every doorway, armed with zats. From the chatter of the nearby officers, it becomes clear that the IOA agent from "Rogues, Part 1" is taking them one-by-one for questioning about how their ship was taken.

Finally breaking through, Talbot angrily pushes past two UN soldiers attempting to block access to the room at the far end of the mess hall and walks inside to find the IOA representative and two others in business suits interrogating none-other than Colonel Sanders herself. The young commander seems quite at ease, though it is obvious she is uncomfortable in this situation, and eagerly welcomes Dr. Talbot. The IOA agent, however, seems less-than-enthusastic, and asks just what she thinks she's doing here. Talbot explains slowly that she wishes to sit in on the questionings, to better understand why SG-1 would do this (she also gives a subtle wink at Sanders when she can, to show this is not her real agenda), a proposal he cannot very well refuse. The agent finally sighs and pulls up a chair, inviting her to be seated.

In orbit over Ankgor, the battle continues to rage. The two Jaffa ha'tak'ko are taking massive amounts of fire, but seems to be dishing out just as much, with the two of them blasting apart a Der'kal cruiser attempting to flank a small group of motherships. It's obvious that these ships are far more powerful than any other Goa'uld/Jaffa ship previously encountered, though their small numbers makes them very valuable prizes. The fact that two were dispatched to help end this fight shows just how dedicated the Jaffa Nation is to defending all of their planets to the absolute last.

On the bridge of the Aurora, sparks are starting to fly as the ship dives headfirst into the battle proper. Mitchell tips the agile vessel on its side and opens up with the Asgard weapons on another Der'kal frigate, pummeling its shields but not breaking through. Either the aliens have incredibly-strong shields or they have a one-in-a-million resistance to the Asgard beams, but either way, it's slow going. As they turn to fire again, Daniel calls out that they're recieving a transmission from the nearest Hak'tyl-class vessel, the flagship of the Jaffa defenders. Carter asks for it to be put onscreen, and after a moment, a young-ish Jaffa (in human years, he appears to be in his early-30s) with a distinct scar running down his jawline. Most interestingly, though, this Jaffa has not tattoo on his forehead—a sign that he was never in the service of a Goa'uld. This, the team soon learns, is Admiral Kitel, the talented military commander they heard of upon their arrival.

Kitel informs SG-1 that he was begining to suspect that the Tau'ri had abandoned them to their fate, a statement Carter must, unfortunately, confirm; she quickly tells him of the UN's feelings on this matter and how they stole the ship to help them. The Admiral is wise enough to realize what this means for the four of them, and he bows his head in deepest respect and thanks, saying that Bra'tac was certainly right when he hailed them as heroes of the galaxy. He explains that he is actually Sodan, not pureblood Jaffa, and left his people when the Jaffa Nation was formed, hoping that he could help them rise to greatness if his own society would not. Mitchell, grinning somberly, adds that they're both traitors to their own kind in a way, a comment that Kitel solemnly nods to in reply.

The Admiral then asks Carter if she can assist one of his battle groups on the edge of the battle in repelling a larger force of Der'kal ships. If they can shore up the weakness there, he can move his forces to outflank the enemy and cut off their retreat. Mitchell pulls the ship around to head that way just as Daniel cuts the link to the flagship. As they weave through the enemy and allied fire, Vala mentions that the Nox just lost a ship, and that a few of the enemy cruisers have dispatched bombers to tackle the ha'tak closest to the planet. If they can't turn the tide soon, planetary bombardment may be the next phase, and if Teal'c's information was correct ("Rogues, Part 1"), there are still tens of millions of people trying to evacuate.

At the ISGC, Talbot is finding it hard to listen to these "interviews." The IOA representative interrogating Col. Sanders is apparently trying to force the officer to admit she let SG-1 take the Aurora, though for the moment, Sanders refuses to budge. When asked how the team managed to hijack it so quickly, she merely shrugs and cooly replies that they just got the drop on her and her crew. But the agent seems determined to make her "admit" her guilt, and finally slams his fists down on the table and threatens her with court martial if she doesn't tell the truth.

But Sanders slams her own fists down and stands up, knocking her seat over backwards. She shouts that if the United Nations had just listened to SG-1 in the first place and sent the fleet to help the Jaffa (as the terms of the Alliance say they have to), they wouldn't even be in this position! As it stands, the planet is deadlocked in this rediculous power squabble while millions of lives hang in the balance, and he's worried about who to blame for the incident in orbit? If anything, she shouts, Carter and her team are heroes for their actions, and anyone who says otherwise has clearly lost it.

As the two glare at one another across the table, Talbot steps between them and suggests they take a short break and "interview" someone else, giving Sanders time to cool her heels in the mess hall. The IOA agent angrily agrees, though he snidely remarks that if Sanders has another outburst like that, he'll have her out of the Stargate Program faster than she can believe. As Talbot walks out (watching another officer being dragged inside), she grabs Col. Sanders' arm and pulls her close, asking her to come along for a walk. The two of them quietly make their way through the crowd of Aurora crewmen to the door, then turn down the hallway leading to the control room. They only get a few feet, however, before the alarms begin to blare and Walter announces an offworld activation.

Talbot and Sanders rush down the hallway and arrive in the control room just as Walter is lowering the iris—he says he just recieved a Tok'ra IDC. A moment later, a Tok'ra operative steps through the gate and asks to speak with Dr. Talbot immediately. The base commander quickly gives him the okay and asks him to come to the briefing room. Then, she and Sanders head upstairs to meet their new guest.

(See next post for more, too long.)

Comment

(Second half of "Rogues, Part 2," see previous post for first half.)
                              Spoiler:
                              On the bridge of the Hak'tyl-class vessel serving as Admiral Kitel's flagship, the Jaffa commander stands before a holographic display of the battle. His ship rocks several times as energy blasts are absorbed by the shields, and a dull roar can be heard in the background as plasma bursts as discharged. Through the window, death gliders, al'kesh, and Der'kal fighters can be seen engaged in a massive dogfight. On the display, the arrangement of the Alliance forces (predominately Jaffa) are outlines in blue, whereas the Der'kal are shown in red. Almost three-forths of the Allied ships are blinking, indicating that they are under fire, and two of them wink out completely as they're destroyed. A smaller blip (the Aurora) can be seen arriving on the other side of the skirmish,no doubt carrying out his orders to reinforce a battle group of ha'tak.

A Jaffa helmsmen calls for Kitel's attention, and the Admiral turns to hear that a transmission is coming through from the lead enemy vessel. He authorizes it to be played onscreen, and a moment later, an obviously-fristrated Der'kal warrior appears. The alien demands that he surrender Ankgor, and Kitel tiredly replies that they will have to pry it from his dead hands first (they have obviously had this exchange a few times now). The Jaffa goes on to say that it seems no more reinforcements are arriving for the Der'kal, and, with only the slightest smile, asks if perhaps all this conquest has stretched them a bit too thinly. But the enemy commander merely snarls and declares that, very soon, all these infidelic races he calls "the Alliance" will lie dead, and then the entire galaxy will bow to the Der'kal. Then the communication link is cut, and the transmission dies.

Kitel quickly raises Col. Carter on the Aurora, informing her of the exchange and passing on his belief that the enemy has no more reinforcements to send for the time being. If his hypothesis is proven right, Ankgor may yet be saved. Sam assures him that, either way, they're staying to the bitter end, then gets back to fighting.

Meanwhile, the Tok'ra operative at the ISGC is briefing Talbot and Sanders on the latest piece of intel he has; it seems that the Der'kal armada streaming into the galaxy has a few more tricks up its sleeve, this time in the form of a vessel at least twice the size of a Wraith hive ship, possibly larger. They first detected it this morning, but had to double check to make certain their sensors were not going haywire. But three checks later, it was still there, and drawing even closer. The Tok'ra believe they'll have about a week before it arrives in the galaxy, and then it will begin doing who-knows-what.

Vala Mal Doran, light-years away over Ankgor, suddenly cries out when a nearby conduit flashes and showers her with sparks. Carter, looking very concerned, helps her up and puts out the small electrical fire, then checks the readouts on the shields... which are not very promising. Even with their upgraded Asgard defenses, they only have 27% of shield power left, and she estimates they only have another twenty minutes or so of the sporadic bombardment they've been recieving before they fail completely. And if that happens, it'll be all over for SG-1.

But then Mitchell blasts one of the Der'kal cruisers into oblivion with a precisely-aimed shot to the engines. The blast wave even knocks the shields of a second cruiser out, and the five nearby ha'tak shred it in seconds with plasma fire. At last, they have a clear path by which to flank the enemy. Daniel raises Kitel and informs him that he can move his ships into position while Mitchell pulls the Aurora about and prepares to take on the enemy flagship. But suddenly, a blinding flash of light fills the cockpit, overwhelming the blast-tinting, and when it fades, one of the Hak'tyl-class ha'tak'ko lies in ruins, its defenses finally having been overwhelmed. Luckily, it was not Kitel's ship, but it is a serious blow to the morale of the Alliance forces.

Carter tells Cameron to get the ship as close as he can to the alien flagship, then fire every last one of their nukes into its shields. He nods and brings them in for a straffing run, even as the ship begins to shake volently from the massive amount of enemy fire hitting it. The shields begin to tick down from 27% to 25%, then 21%, and then even lower. A tense silence ensues, in which the entire team holds their breath, daring Fate to take them now.

But then they get within range, and as the shields scream in protest at a mere 13%, Mitchell fires the nukes off, all at once. There's a massive explosion as the alien flagship is overwhelmed, and it cracks along its starboard side. And to deliver the killing blow is the nearest Nox mothership, which pummels the Der'kal cruiser with plasma until it finally goes up in an enormous fireball, engulfing an entire squdron of enemy fighters.

On all the Jaffa ships, a great cheer of victory goes up, and the Der'kal vessels start to pull away, trying to retreat. But Kitel's men moved quickly, and a dozen ha'tak are already in place to pelt them with fire as they form up for a hyperspace jump. One, two, five, seven of the enemy vessels explode under the combined fire of the ships in front of and behind them, but the rest (around 15 total) manage to escape into hyperspace, taking their fighters, bombers, and gunships with them. Ankgor is safe.

Some time later, SG-1 is on the pel'tak of Kitel's flagship, and the Jaffa Admiral thanks them for their timely assistance. Carter says she was glad they could help, but adds that they do need to return to Earth and face the music. The Admiral nods, knowing that they must, but adds that if they ever need asylum, he and any Jaffa with honor would gladly accept them. With that, Sam triggers an automated beaming program that takes them back to the Aurora, and Mitchell opens a hyperspace window back to Earth, leaving the victorious Jaffa fleet to celebrate.

When they drop out over Earth, a group of 303s and 304s are already waiting to greet them, with the planet's Asgard defense grid tracking them, too. Col. Ellis, here for cargo duty on the Apollo, regretfully informs Carter that he has orders to take SG-1 into custody immediately and beam them to the ISGC, and, sighing, she lowers the shields and allowers herself and her team to be taken planetside.

In the facility itself, they materialize to find Talbot, Sanders, the Tok'ra operative, and almost the entire ISGC garrison on one side of the gate room (spilling into the hallway), with a group on UN soldiers and the IOA agent on the other side. The message is clear—this is a place where no one is forgotten or left out, and Talbot is determined to make a stand here and now for their sake.

Obviously, some behind-the-scenes talking went on following the revelation of a massive Der'kal cruiser approaching the galaxy, as the IOA agent angrily informs Col. Carter and SG-1 that the UN is not going to press charges for the "borrowing" of the UNS Aurora, procided they agree never to do so again (he adds that codes are being installed on all Earth ships to prevent such a thing), a deal the team gladly takes.

As he tersely walks out, the UN soldiers with him, Daniel asks Talbot just how she pulled this one off. She and Sanders explain that, once the UN was made aware that this massive alien ship (and possibly more) were on their way, a large portion of isolationists switched sides and backed the United States and its allies. With that done, the occupation of the ISGC was lifted, and all power was restored to Talbot and those she appointed. The IOA representative, it turns out, was actually acting as a pawn of China, which hoped to use the turmoil in the United Nations to boost its own control over the stargate. Thankfully, they failed.

As the soldiers disperse back to their posts, Talbot does add that if SG-1 ever pulls a stunt like this again, they will be held accountable. But for now, the UN is willing to turn a blind eye, especially considering they have awoken them to the dangers of isolationism. Had Earth been forced to fight such an armada (complete with the approaching superships) on its own, there's a good chance they would have lost, badly. For now, the UN has decided to invest as much energy as they can in the Alliance, which is looking very promising in light of their victory at Ankgor.

Jusg before SG-1 heads off to shower, Carter makes a point of apologizing to Col. Sanders for taking her ship, but the commander shrugs it off, saying she's glad they did it. Echoing the team's sentiments from earlier, Sanders affirms that if Earth was going to let the galaxy go to hell to save themsleves, she might very well do the same thing.

Satisifed, the team (along with Sanders) leaves the gate room feeling, for the first time in a while, like the winners.

Comment

First comment!

Really though, do I need to give you even more ego-boosting praise for your already fine work?

Comment

Working...
                                X