X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Crazy Tom View Post
    Der'Kal warriors, kittens with energy guns

Spoiler:
    I wasn't aware the Der'kal were part of the Covenant... interesting. No wonder the UNSC got its butt kicked
    Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
    Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Meh. H3 Brutes are cooler. H2 Brutes are just freakin' damage sponges.

Comment

Originally posted by Vampyr View Post
        Meh. H3 Brutes are cooler. H2 Brutes are just freakin' damage sponges.

You said ornate armour...

Comment

You said ornate armour...
          Not so much ornate as kickass armor
          sigpic

A Cast Worth Remembering...

My Little Fanfic: Furling Expedition

Comment

OMG, Finally up to date. Ok where to start.....

All I can say is WOW. You are doing a great job. Can't wait.

You have really thought the Der'kal out, with a lot off back story with more still to come.

The whole reactions of the UN to the Stargate, & the whole Isolation is very realistic, & very believeable.

Though may I ask, will Atlantis (as a base) get mentioned throughout your series? Because I thought it would of been mentioned, though not 100% sure.

Still, great work & can not wait.

Comment

Originally posted by Jezzalinko99au View Post
              OMG, Finally up to date. Ok where to start....

All I can say is WOW. You are doing a great job. Can't wait.
              Gracias

You have really thought the Der'kal out, with a lot off back story with more still to come.
              When I was planning out Stargate: Avalon, the Der'kal were my secondary enemy, in the event I didn't like the Carnak. So I already had a basic premise on society, ideology, and tactics. When I decided to use them here back when I was thinking up Season 12, I switched out a few things and decided to tie in the Furlings and the ancient Alliance, too, and I think it's worked nicely.

The whole reactions of the UN to the Stargate, & the whole Isolation is very realistic, & very believeable.
              Thanks, I'd hoped I got that right. I was working with the United States circa WWII there, seeing how people reacted to such an enormous threat looming nearby, yet hoping they could somehow weather the storm by staying out of it. I think it reflects how a lot of nations around the world would end up reacting, leaving the SGC sort of alone in its fight.

Though may I ask, will Atlantis (as a base) get mentioned throughout your series? Because I thought it would of been mentioned, though not 100% sure.
              Well, SG-1 came close to visiting Atlantis in Season 11's "The Void," and McKay did come over from the city in Season 12's "Starcrossed." That said, I have a nice little Daniel arc planned that could very well involve a trip to Atlantis... perhaps ala "The Pegasus Project."

Still, great work & can not wait.
              Always great to hear, so feel free to keep the comments and questions coming!
              Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
              Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
                I wasn't aware the Der'kal were part of the Covenant... interesting. No wonder the UNSC got its butt kicked
                Is it close?

Comment

*Hands s09 a medal.*

Here sir, you are an official recpient of the Chuck Norris Award for Awesomeness for your work on SG:Av, The Higher Planes, Continuing SG-1 and anything else I can't think of. Congratulations, you deserve it.

((Man, I really need to have one of my Photoshop inclined friends to make it now that I think about it.))

Comment

Is it close?
                    Somewhat... though lately I've been picturing them as more like the Elites than the Brutes; agile yet powerful warriors with a touch of class in them.

The armor is pretty much spot-on, though... perhaps a little less flamboyant.

And Vampyr, thank you, as always

Comment

Originally posted by Vampyr View Post
                      *Hands s09 a medal.*

Here sir, you are an official recpient of the Chuck Norris Award for Awesomeness for your work on SG:Av, The Higher Planes, Continuing SG-1 and anything else I can't think of. Congratulations, you deserve it.

((Man, I really need to have one of my Photoshop inclined friends to make it now that I think about it.))

Comment

Thanks for the reply mate, & thanks for the answers.

As for questions, I have a few more, which I hope aren't bad.

With the amount of ships that the Der'kal have, (100+ ?) would the UN consider bringing in some of the enemy races to help fight them?
                        Spoiler:
                        Maybe the armys of the Ori (not an enemy), or even possibly the Wraith.

The Ori would be good because Tomlin,
                        Spoiler:
                        now the leader of the Ori
                        would be able to send help to us, though whether or not the Supergate is still in Allied space, or is still operational.

I know not to bring crossover with SGA but the number of ships that the Wraith have, & ultimately that the Der'kal might move one to Pegasus, or any of the other galaxys occupied by humans. I know there are problems with the Wraith, espically with Michael as of your approx Season 12, but the fire power could always help.

Also, in a approximate number, how many ships (both 303's & 304's) does Earth have?

Keep them the new episodes coming.

Comment

I think the Asschen would be far more likely "unlikely allies" for that. They seem to have a fleet that is perhaps 75% the strength of the full Allied fleet.

If they don't agree to cooperation, the Alliance could just setup a ruse to move the Der'kal into Asschen Confederation space.

Although, morally, that might be called the equivalent of a genocide, if you consider that despite the Asschen's smartitude, the Der'kal are still and will be for some time their technological and military superior.

Unless ofcourse the Asschen work really fast on adapting their DNA-bomb (as seen in SG1) to the Der'kal. Just thinking out loud here.

Well, I registered just to say that . Also, I really enjoyed Stargate: Avalon and am quite sad to see it go, but am now happy that the continuation is continuing, thanks for all the stories, they feel real to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Jezzalinko99au View Post
                            Thanks for the reply mate, & thanks for the answers.

As for questions, I have a few more, which I hope aren't bad.
                            Not at all.

With the amount of ships that the Der'kal have, (100+ ?) would the UN consider bringing in some of the enemy races to help fight them?
                            Spoiler:
                            Maybe the armys of the Ori (not an enemy), or even possibly the Wraith.

The Ori would be good because Tomlin,
                            Spoiler:
                            now the leader of the Ori
                            would be able to send help to us, though whether or not the Supergate is still in Allied space, or is still operational.

I know not to bring crossover with SGA but the number of ships that the Wraith have, & ultimately that the Der'kal might move one to Pegasus, or any of the other galaxys occupied by humans. I know there are problems with the Wraith, espically with Michael as of your approx Season 12, but the fire power could always help.
                            The Ori are still rebuilding their society and trying to form a stable government in the wake of the events in "Ark of Truth." Though Tomin may pop in for an odd episode, they won't be going to war again until they've figured out what they're going to do with themselves.

And the Der'kal are going to be staying in the Milky Way.

Also, in a approximate number, how many ships (both 303's & 304's) does Earth have?
                            At present, I'd give Earth a rough estimate of about a dozen 303s and five 304s in action. Though by this season's end, that number will probably be up to a little over a dozen 303s and seven 304s.

Originally posted by Sector View Post
                            I think the Asschen would be far more likely "unlikely allies" for that. They seem to have a fleet that is perhaps 75% the strength of the full Allied fleet.
                            While the Aschen do have a massive fleet (I think that was touched upon in Season 12), they'd never ally themselves with the Alliance. They hate us for forcing them to back down (once again) and Earth especially for threatening to annhiliate their homeworld. I imagine they'd resist the Der'kal quite well, though, having such a large fleet all in one small area of space.

If they don't agree to cooperation, the Alliance could just setup a ruse to move the Der'kal into Asschen Confederation space.
                            Good idea, but I don't see it happening. The Der'kal aren't randomly jumping across the galaxy, they're attacking planets in a clear invasion corridor, no doubt to minimize the border they must defend. I'd wager that sometime in Season 14 they'll be reaching the more important planets.

Although, morally, that might be called the equivalent of a genocide, if you consider that despite the Asschen's smartitude, the Der'kal are still and will be for some time their technological and military superior.
                            Technically the Der'kal don't have technological superiority; their ships are strong, but we can take them out. A Der'kal cruiser is roughly equal to a 304 in terms of firepower and defense, so their main advantage comes from overwhelming numbers and better tactics that most Jaffa/human/etc.

Unless ofcourse the Asschen work really fast on adapting their DNA-bomb (as seen in SG1) to the Der'kal. Just thinking out loud here.
                            Bioweapons? Hmmm, aren't they an interesting topic...

Well, I registered just to say that . Also, I really enjoyed Stargate: Avalon and am quite sad to see it go, but am now happy that the continuation is continuing, thanks for all the stories, they feel real to me.
                            Glad to hear it! And the conclusion to "Behind Enemy Lines" should be up sometime tonight.

Comment

Well, I'm a moron...

...once again, I decided to finish up typing the episode here, on Gateworld, and thus when I accidentally hit the backspace button, I lost all the progress I had made (from the teaser to the last 5 minutes! )

In light of this (and I do apologize, I wanted to kick myself as soon as I'd realized what I'd done), I'm posting a very abbreviated version of the episode just to get it out, and I'll flesh it out at a later date. I'll post the part I had saved from a few days ago, and then bullet it in from there. Again, I'm so sorry about this, and I promise it won't happen again.

13x09 "Friendly Fire" (Part 2 of 2)
                              Synopsis: When new intelligence about Der'kal fleet movements arise, the Pentagon decides to try and forestall the inevitable attack. Meanwhile, Daniel Jackson and Vala Mal Doran make a stunning discovery on Hebridan.
                              Spoiler:
                              ((60 Second Recap of "Behind Enemy Lines"/"Shatterpoint"))

Crouching behind a piece of cover inside the TechCon headquarters, Vala and Daniel prepare for what could very well be their last stand. Vala turns to her companion and quickly says that she never meant to bug him all those weeks after their escapades in the Avalon caves, and she really just didn't know what to say to someone as brilliant as him. She opens her mouth to say more, but Daniel suggests that they do this later, considering Der'kal warriors are pouring out of the chamber ahead.

Three alien soldiers take cover behind bends in the wall, and four more poke out from behind the entrance to the meeting hall where Vur'naa is waiting. The lead one (wearing a slightly-different set of armor, this one with a unique chest plate) shouts in rough English that if they surrender now, they will be spared for the time being. Daniel, peeking over his stone barrier, shouts back, "Um... I'm good, thanks," and the enemy warriors immediately open fire, plastering the area with green plasma fire and blowing bits of stone out of the walls.

Not seeing much choice, Vala and Daniel return fire with their zats, but the blasts are just abosrbed by the Der'kal armor; at this range, it's impossible to aim well enough (especially under fire themselves) to hit them in the vulnerable areas. After a few minutes of that, Vala swears and pulls out two Earth grenades, pulling the pins and hurling them down the hallway. Most of the enemy dive out of the way, but one is caught between the two and is killed when they explode, blowing a hole clean through the wall to the outside, where various alien ships can be seen on patrol.

One of the Der'kal soldiers pulls something off his belt and lobs it toward Vala and Daniel... it is clear that this is a grenade. As it approaches, it starts to flash with golden light moxed with tendrils of emerald, and Daniel pushes his teammates to the ground as it explodes above them, vaporizing their cover. Two more are thrown their way, and Jackson drags Vala around a corner at the far end of the hallway, narrowly avoiding a massive explosion that rips open a gap in the floor where they once were. As they continue to exchange zat blasts with plasma, Vala says she has an idea.

She leans down and pulls the hand device from the tel'tak out of her bag, slipping it on her hand and handing her zat to Daniel. Jackson, nodding, turns into the hallway and fires both his guns, landing two lucky headshots that bring two alien warriors to the ground. At the same time, Vala moves into the opening and activates the hand device, pinning all but one of the Der'kal soldiers to the wall (the unlucky one is actually thrown through the opening in the wall). She sends out one more pulse, this time crushing their bodies and armor into the stone so they cannot get out or raise their weapons. Daniel then calmly fires off zat blasts until they are all knocked out.

The two Earth personnel enter the meeting hall then, seeing Vur'naa standing at the far end of the room with a vicious-looking Der'kal rifle in hand (no doubt a mroe powerful/faster version of the plasma pistols we've seen used by security forces). In the other hand, he holds what strongly-resembles an oversized metallic hourglass. Daniel asks him to give up, as there's no way he's going to get them (as both he and Vala are behind cover), but the Der'kal snarls at them and hurls the "hourglass" at them. Jackson, suspecting another grenade, dives out of the way... but this proves disasterous, as it brings him out of full cover. The device activates and releases a wave of pale green energy which spreads outward like a sphere and cause some sort of gravity distortion. Jackson and Vala are picked up and flattened into the ceiling, unable to move for several seconds until the field falters and they fall heavily to the ground. But now it's too late to fight back, as Vur'naa is standing over them, a rifle pointed a Daniel and a pistol aimed at Vala. It's over.

Back on Earth, Colonel Carter and Cameron Mitchell are getting worried. Vala and Daniel are five hours overdue for a subspace check-in, and Sam is concerned that they may be in trouble. Mitchell is sure they're just caught up in whatever it is their upto, but even his voice sounds a little shaky as he says so. Carter, scanning the latest intelligence provided by the Tok'ra and Nox, says that it looks like the Der'kal are getting ready for another round of attacks, and with Hebridan as far into enemy territory as possible, any extraction mission is going to go badly.

Bullets:
                              - Dr. Talbot calls Mitchell and Carter to her office and informs them that the Nox have detected a fleet building up around Hebridan's area of space, and want them to investigate.
                              - Talbot orders the two of them to join the French BC-303 Lafayette on a recon mission.
                              - On Hebridan, Jackson and Vala are placed in separate energy cells to await interrogation, and discuss their current situation while they wait. Eventually, a familiar voice asks if he can help, and Zanous Garrin steps out from the shadows of another cell. He explains that he was not killed years ago, as his android-clone claimed, and in fact has been kept on this cruiser for some time being continuously pressed for more information.
                              - Via flashback, we see how Garrin suffered many long months of torture as the Der'kal tried to squeeze information out of him. Finally, after having an insidious acid dripped on skinless-limbs, he relented and told them what they wanted to know.
                              - Mitchell, on the Lafayette, asks Carter if she can somehow get the ship to Hebridan after the mission. When Col. Fillon (commander of the vessel) asks Carter to do the scanning herself and make the escape jump when she's done, she agrees to think about hijacking the vessel to save their friends.
                              - The 303 arrives and Carter commences her scan, deciding to head to Hebridan when it is done.
                              - Garrin continues to explain what he has learned about the Der'kal, including the fact that they have a plan for the Tau'ri, which, as far as he can translate their language, is called, "Operation Landfall." Obviously, they eventually plan on conquering Earth.
                              - The Lafayette drops out of hyperspace, and a stunned Col. Fillon (expecting Earth) doesn't open fire immediately. The ship takes heavy damage as it evades enemy fire, and a stressed Carter scans the planet for Jackson and Vala.
                              - On the Der'kal cruiser they're being held on, Daniel and Vala see a way to escape when a series of Asgard beam hits cause the power to flicker off. They manage (along with Garrin) to reach the storage chamber where their stuff is being kept, and they radio their saviors (not knowing exactly who it is) to get them out of there. Jackson asked Garrin to come with them, but he says that he doesn't deserve life after "helping to make this invasion possible" (also mentioning that he's not the only one that's betrayed the galaxy). Instead, he vows to stay behind and do what he can on Hebridan, so Daniel pulls out Qetesh's knife (from "Behind Enemy Lines") and gives it to him, hoping it can, for once, be used for good.
                              - Carter beams Daniel and Vala onto the Lafayette, and they pull away for the jump to Earth. But before they go, Daniel has Sam beam Garrin off the Der'kal ship and into their tel'tak (still cloaked on the surface). As they open a hyperspace window, Vala watches the planet disappear and prays that Garrin will be able to redeem himself.
                              - Back on Earth, Carter and Mitchell face disciplinary action for hijacking a 303, but General O'Neill arrives to tell them that they're off the hook. When they ask why, Jack explains that the UN has a better idea to prevent them from doing such a thing again (and to keep the rest of the people there in line); take complete control of the ISGC.

Comment

The UN just turn a blind eye that the Der'kel is going to invade Earth. They have become complacent in matter of galactic security. Good job Sg1
                                sigpic
                                The Edge of the Night; contains love from the heart and soul, outpouring love to one and love one country.

Comment

Working...
                                X