No announcement yet.

Continuing Stargate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No, no, you haven't done anything yet, aside from an offhand comment about (specifically) religious extremists being a problem. (I forget the exact context).

I just wanted to make sure that you remembered that non-religious people can be extremists too, because so many sci-fi writers seem to think every problem boils down to religious extremes.

You're fine so far though, I think the episodes you've written are excellent. Well worthy of being a continuation of SG-1. I'd green you if the darn forum would let me.
    sigpic

The New GateWorld Virtual Fleet Database

Comment

Originally posted by Lt. Col. Mcoy View Post
      No, no, you haven't done anything yet, aside from an offhand comment about (specifically) religious extremists being a problem. (I forget the exact context).

I just wanted to make sure that you remembered that non-religious people can be extremists too, because so many sci-fi writers seem to think every problem boils down to religious extremes.

You're fine so far though, I think the episodes you've written are excellent. Well worthy of being a continuation of SG-1. I'd green you if the darn forum would let me.
      Oh, I think I know what you're referring to. It was in an episode in Season 12, when someone commented on the current instability on Earth caused by the revelation of the Stargate Program, I think. And I only used religious extremists as an example there because I honestly think the groups hit hardest by the revelation of aliens and such would be religious ones. They would have to re-evaluate their whole belief system.
      Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
      Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

hehehe...s09119, is any post in this thread still greenable?

Comment

Cool episode. Should the station more firepower than missiles and transporter beam? Maybe install light plasma beam and rail guns.
          sigpic
          The Edge of the Night; contains love from the heart and soul, outpouring love to one and love one country.

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
            Oh, I think I know what you're referring to. It was in an episode in Season 12, when someone commented on the current instability on Earth caused by the revelation of the Stargate Program, I think. And I only used religious extremists as an example there because I honestly think the groups hit hardest by the revelation of aliens and such would be religious ones. They would have to re-evaluate their whole belief system.
            Yaeh, some would anyway.

Here's how I think the three main world religions would react:

Spoiler:

(I must confess first that I am a Christian and my view is thus necessarily slanted in that direction, but I'll try to lay it out accurately)

Hindus/Buddhists would pretty much not care; after all, life is an illusion to them.

Muslims would do one of two things:

a. try to convert the aliens just like they do humans. (less likely)

b. push for isolationism while the gate was in western hands, but not be opposed to using it to gather technology for themselves, as Islam tends to think that way. (more likely)

Christians would certainly be the most affected, with two major problems ensuing:

a. Evolution seems to have a lot more evidence in stargate than in real life, so they'd have to accept that the 7 days of creation were not literal 'days', something already espoused by liberal 'Christians'.

b. Do the aliens have souls, or are they just sentient animals? This would be a topic of great debate. Those who believed they had souls would attempt to evangelize them, and those who believed otherwise would likely ignore them, or simply treat them with detached respect. This would provide a door for xenophobic groups to put out anti-alien propaganda under a christian front though, even though that is asymmetrical with Christian teachings.

All religions would now suffer as well from skeptics claiming their god(s) were just advanced aliens.

You don't have to use any of this, just thought I'd try to help.
            Last edited by Lt. Col. Mcoy; 07 March 2008, 09:37 AM.
            sigpic

Comment

13x05 "Five Stories"
              Synopsis: As part of an ISGC training exercise, a group of promising young officers are told to evaluate stories told by each member of SG-1 and determine which one among them is true.
              Spoiler:
              ((Stories are told in flashback sequences))

Teal'c and Colonel Mitchell are sparring in the gym, trading several impressive blows with Sodan staffs, when Daniel Jackson skids into the room, wacing his arms wildly. The two fighters pause for a moment, confused as to why their teammate is acting so strangely, but then Jackson shouts out their answer; they're running very late! Almost at once, realization showing in their eyes, the two SG-1 members drop their weapons, grab their jackets, and join Daniel in a mad dash down the hallway. As the trio sprints away, they pass by Samantha Carter, who had her head down in a file folder. As they rush by, Daniel grabs her arm and pulls her in the opposite direction, only shouting "Meeting!" as he yanks her along.

After a moment of running, the four members of SG-1 finally arrive outside a small lecture hall somewhere in the ISGC. Cameron pulls open the door and they step inside, revealing a crowd of about 50 young officers from militaries around the world (most prominent, however, is the USAF). On a raised platform at the head of the room, Dr. Talbot and Vala are standing, looking somewhat awkward and annoyed. But upon seeing the others, Vala folds her arms, frowns, and demands to know why the latest addition to the team was the only one to remember.

As Dr. Talbot explains (watching SG-1 take seats on the stage), this is a seminar for young military officers that world governments have recommended for positions in the Stargate Program. To test their knowledge of the gate, their policies, and overall logic, the five members of SG-1 will each relate a story pertaining to their past adventures; four of them will be false. Those who determine which story of the five is correct will be advanced immediately into the ISGC training program (much like the young cadets in "Proving Ground"). A murmer of anticipation rolls through the assembled crowd, including the higher-ranking obsevers, and Talbot invites Daniel Jackson to take the stand for the first story...

Daniel's Story: On an alien world, SG-1 (Jackson, Carter, Teal'c, and O'Neill) is on the run from a trio of death gliders, who are shooting at them from above. Thankfully, the thick forest around them makes it hard to hit them, but staff cannon blasts are continuing to blow dirt and shards of rock in every direction as each blast slams down.

Seeing a cave just ahead, O'Neill orders the team to dive inside. They manage to get themselves under cover just in time, too, as a moment later the ground they were just standing on erupts into flames from a glider's blast. But then the Jaffa fighters circle around and, after a few more attempts to root out SG-1, return to wherever they were dispatched from.

This gives Daniel a chance to examine the cave more thoroughly, and he soon finds something quite curious; Goa'uld heiroglyphs intermixed with Ancient symbols, clearly written together. He quickly calls Teal'c over to assist him in translation, then bends to try and decipher the message. After a few moments of work, Daniel determines that these symbols seem to mention something about an ancient alliance on the planet Lucia, possible between strong human factions fighting against the Goa'uld System Lords.

O'Neill, at the entryway, signals that the path back to the gate is clear, and the four quickly make their way outside and dash for the stargate.

Daniel steps aside from the podium, then lets Vala step up.

Vala's Story: While she was under the control of the Goa'uld Qetesh, Vala visited Chulak on a diplomatic visit to Apophis. This was just a few days after word of Ra's death reached the System Lords, and the entire planet is on guard for a possible attack against the slain tyrant's brother.

But finally, Qetesh is ushered inside by Apophis' First Prime himself, Teal'c. The Jaffa warrior then leaves his master and his visitor alone, closing the doors of the chamber and ordering his men to leave, as well. Vala tries to convince her fellow Goa'uld to lay siege to Delmak and destroy the rogue Sokar once and for all, but Apophis refuses; his mind is hell-bent on finding out who killed his brother, though he is not yet sure if he should kill whomever is responsible for thank them. When Vala asks what he means, Apophis merely responds that with Ra dead, the seat of the Supreme System Lord is open.

Sensing an opportunity to ally herself with a powerful Lord, Qetesh begins to caress Apophis' chest, suggesting a non-agression pact between them. She even offers to become his Queen, uniting their fleets and armies in an alliance that would easily crush the other Goa'uld (she seems to have forgotten her earlier plans to attack Sokar). At first, Apophis seems receptive of this... but then his face turns angry, and he shoves Qetesh away, realizing what she is trying to do. He orders her out of his palace, and claims that if she is not through the stargate within ten minutes, he will order his armies to attack her homeworld. Insulted, Qetesh storms from the palace, shouting that even a lowly Tau'ri has more honor than he.

Apophis slowly lowers himself onto his throne, mulling over what was just said. He does need a new Queen, to show his new status as first among the System Lords, and perhaps it is time to scour his empire for one. But not only his empire; with his brother Ra dead, he shall search his planets, as well. Smiling, he also thinks that perhaps he should check on the "lowly Tau'ri," too, remembering how beautiful their women were said to be.

Rising, Apophis calls Teal'c and orders a group of Jaffa assembled; they're going on a little trip.

Vala steps aside and lets Teal'c take the stand.

Teal'c's Story: On a tundra-covered planet, Teal'c is racing through the woods (appearing not to be a member of SG-1) with his staff weapon, firing at a Jaffa running from him ahead. The Jaffa in the lead fires back at him, narrowly missing every time.

Through the snowy woods, the stargate becomes visible in the distance. The fleeing Jaffa rushes towards it, no doubt hoping to escape offworld before he is killed, but Teal'c is persistant. Finally, the Jaffa warrior shoots his quarry in the thigh, and the man drops to the ground in pain, still struggling to reach the gate...

Suddenly, Teal'c stops. He looks out into the crowd, smiles ever so slightly, and then says, "And then I killed him without touching him with weapon nor flesh." The Jaffa, hands folded behind his back, steps aside, motioning for a very-confused looking Mitchell to tell his tale.

Mitchell's Story: Cameron and Daniel are in a marketplace on some Jaffa planet, browsing through various goods up for sale. Mitchell is saying how detailed some of the items are carved, and Daniel points out that Jaffa have been making traditional crafts like this for thousands of years; what else could they do during the reign of the System Lords?

Suddenly, a man in body armor steps out from behind a market stand and pulls out a zat, aiming it at Jackson and Mitchell. But Daniel sees their assailant a moment before the weapon is fired, and he drags Cameron to the ground, out of harm's way. The man in armor (who, now fully seen, is none-other than the bounty hunter Aris Boch) fires again, but the zat blast hits the wooden stand the two SG-1 members are crouched behind.

Mitchell jumps to his feet and fires off his P-90 into the air, scattering the Jaffa nearby. He unloads a few rounds into Boch's armor, but it doesn't seem to do anything, allowing the warrior to advance, shouting for the two of them to freeze and pay for what they've done. Daniel shouts back that they didn't do anything to him, but Aris explains that that is not the case; when SG-1 crashed Apophis' ha'tak into Delmak, they inadvertantly killed Boch's son, who was a slave there at the time.

As the two Earth men trade shots with Aris in the jungle of carts and stalls in the marketplace, Jackson tries to explain that they never meant to do that, it was an accident. But Boch doesn't care, finally stunning Daniel and taking him down, leaving Mitchell alone to face him. As they continue to shoot at one another, Cameron suddenly remembers Carter mentioning her success at creating an anti-drug for roshnah, the substance that Boch's people are addicted to. He whispers his thanks to God that he read every last one of SG-1's mission reports, then shouts the information to Aris, stopping him in his tracks.

Once Mitchell has assured the bounty hunter that they will hand over the supplies of anti-drug, Aris apologizes for coming after them like this... and Mitchell apologizes on SG-1's behalf for killing his son. Boch agrees to visit the ISGC in a few days for the drug, then departs after one last laugh at Daniel's unconscious body.

Mitchell steps aside, grinning at a frowning Daniel, and allows Sam to take the stand.

Carter's Story: It is a hectic day on Atlantis, and the Wraith are coming in force. Samantha Carter and John Sheppard are conferring on how best to fend off the inevitable assault when suddenly—

Dr. Talbot now steps onto the stage, walking in front of Sam and saying that that will be all for the story-telling portion of the exercise, and asks the assembled young officers to write down their answer for which of the five stories was true. Carter immediately protests, saying she never got to finish hers, but Talbot quietly mutters that there's been a Der'kal attack on another human world on the edge of the galaxy, and that SG-1 needs to get there fast.

After a few moments of deliberation, though, the young cadets begin shouting that the test is rigged. According to them, none of them are true: Daniel's is false because the "Lucian Alliance" was not an ancient pact between human groups but a modern-day smuggling ring, Vala's story isn't true because she wasn't a Goa'uld host at the time of Ra's death, Teal'c's story is impossible because he claims he killed a man without using a weapon or his own body, Mitchell's can't be right because Col. Carter never developed a cure for Aris Boch's people's drug addiction, and Sam's, though not finished, can't be true because the Wraith never attacked the city while she was commander there.

Letting the yelling continue for a moment, Talbot and SG-1 watch with amused looks on their faces. But suddenly one of the female Canadian officers timidly raises her hand, silencing the crowd. She stands up and says that Teal'c's story is true, and she knows how it happened; Teal'c was chasing the man towards a stargate, no? And the man was hobbling towards the gate itself when Teal'c took him down, so he would have been directly in front of it. She puts forth that Teal'c simply activated the gate, letting the "kawoosh" kill his target.

Smiling, Teal'c says this is correct (and the scene is shown via flashback). Dr. Talbot congratulates the officer, Rachel Pierce, on a job well-done, and the room erupts into stunned applause. Before anyone can say anything more, though, SG-1 stands as one and gallops out of the room, heading for the ready-room... but not before Vala sticks her head in and asks, "My story was the best, though, right?"
              Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
              Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Nice! That's a good old fashioned comedy ep.
                sigpic

Comment

Enjoyable, as always.

Comment

OI! keep forgeting to post here.

1. tehre were a lot of cultures explored in SG-1 that we didn't see much of later, do you intend on rbinging any of them up?

2. What i muiss in Atlantis right now is the down to earth early SG-1 episodes. No giant story ark, just going out and exploring. I was just wondering if seson 14 could be like a "break" seson, daing stuff like that.

Comment

Thank you for all the positive feedback on the latest episode

Originally posted by Crazy Tom View Post
                      OI! keep forgeting to post here.

1. tehre were a lot of cultures explored in SG-1 that we didn't see much of later, do you intend on rbinging any of them up?

2. What i muiss in Atlantis right now is the down to earth early SG-1 episodes. No giant story ark, just going out and exploring. I was just wondering if seson 14 could be like a "break" seson, daing stuff like that.
                      1. Well, so far we've revisited; the Nox, the Furlings, Aris Boch's people (kind of), the Aschen, the people of Cimmeria, and no doubt a few others I'm forgetting. But yes, there are other old races/groups that I'm considering bringing back... one of which may even show up fairly soon. After all, the Alliance has an open slot with the destruction of Hebridan.

2. Unfortunately, by Season 14 the Der'kal War will be in full-swing, and I plan for this to be an actual war arc, unlike the almost-unseen Goa'uld in the early days. That said, there will be stand-alone episodes, and possible a full stand-alone arc.

Comment

I'm afriad I have some bad news :/ I was typing the next episode on the forum (don't ask me why) and my internet crashed. I had some of it saved in Notepad, but the bulk of it is gone and I'll need to re-type it later. I can't say for certain, but tomorrow or Thursday will see the next installment.

Comment

nice episode

Comment

i'v jus red season 11 nice work

Comment

Originally posted by Jaffa Teal'c View Post
                              i'v jus red season 11 nice work
                              Thank you

Comment

nice work on season 12

Comment

Working...
                                X