Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Outcast" Pre-Airing and Speculation (Spoilers)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
    For those who are willing to uber-spoil yourselves (and I'm NOT one of them, so I haven't read this), here is a detailed spoiler synopsis of "Outcast" (courtesy of morjana of SG1-Spoilergate):

Spoiler:
    This is a SG1-Spoilergate exclusive!

Ronon and Shep are on Earth this episode, to attend Shep's father's
    funeral. And, Shep's ex-wife, Nancy, stops by the Sheppard home to
    pay her respects to his father at his wake (with an open bar), as he
    was always good to Nancy.

Shep had problems with getting his father's approval. Marrying Nancy
    was "one of the few things he ever did right."

There is also a character named Ava Granger in this episode, who used
    to work for Henry Wallace. (From the 4th season episode, "Miller's
    Crossing.")

And Graham, Shep's brother, is also in this episode.

Another character, Richard Poole is a scientist, who worked with Ava
    Granger on a project (code names Archetype) that involved ... nanite
    technology. They worked at Stanton Research, a division of Devlin
    Medical Technologies.

Oopps...they've invented a human form replicator!

And...the IOA is investigating...

Yikes!

The human form replicator has escaped the laboratory...and is loose
    on Earth! It escaped three weeks prior to Shep and Ronon coming to
    Earth.

Double Yikes!

The only thing that is more terrifying...is that Shep tosses Ronon
    his car keys!

Morjana

Okay now...I like what I read but one thing popped out at me, which I'll talk about. Lately, from the spoilers about Ronon and this is he small stuff like him saying "damn" in that promo spoiler, and then the suit thing, and now the statement in the above. I'm going to throw a spec out there: I'm thinking Jason Momoa wants a hair cut.

Yup, I said, I think he's getting a hair cut, and to make it feasiable they will slowly Shepify him. More time spent with John, his speach altering because of John, the suit thing, going to Earth for what?! Possibly third time?! I think JM is tired of the locs and wants them off.

Spoiler:
    Originally posted by Morjana
    his car keys!

Morjana
    This quote is my last straw with the changes to Ronon.
    Click statement above to read article.

Comment

For those who are willing to uber-spoil yourselves (and I'm NOT one of them, so I haven't read this), here is a detailed spoiler synopsis of "Outcast" (courtesy of morjana of SG1-Spoilergate):

Spoiler:

Crossing.")

Medical Technologies.

Yikes!

Earth.

Double Yikes!

his car keys!

Morjana

did you close your eyes when you were copying and pasting this?

Originally posted by SGFerrit View Post
      Cool! Sounds action and emotion packed! LOTS of Shep backstory, as expected!
      I'm looking forward more to this now, I can see where things are starting to fit, especially if the ex is a bit pissy, hehehe.

Originally posted by vaberella View Post
      Okay now...I like what I read but one thing popped out at me, which I'll talk about. Lately, from the spoilers about Ronon and this is he small stuff like him saying "damn" in that promo spoiler, and then the suit thing, and now the statement in the above. I'm going to throw a spec out there: I'm thinking Jason Momoa wants a hair cut.

Yup, I said, I think he's getting a hair cut, and to make it feasiable they will slowly Shepify him. More time spent with John, his speach altering because of John, the suit thing, going to Earth for what?! Possibly third time?! I think JM is tired of the locs and wants them off.

Spoiler:

The only way I can see Jason losing his trademark locks is if he wants it, if he does, that's his choice. What makes you think he's cloning Ronon into Shep? It'll never happen, they're like chalk and cheese. Everyone irrespective or who you are or where you're from picks up mannerisms or certain words from those that they spend close quarters with, it's natural, it doesn't mean that he's being cloned though.

Comment

Originally posted by vaberella View Post

Spoiler:

Originally Posted by Morjana
        his car keys!
        To clarify this point -
        Spoiler:
        Shep tosses the car keys to Ronon and tells him to take Ava to the car (because Shep needs to talk to his brother).. it's not an indication that Ronon can, or is expected to, drive!
        sigpic

Comment

Major update from Gateworld!

John Sheppard returns home to Earth upon the news of his father's death, and brings along his friend Ronon to accompany him. They attend a wake for John's father, with whom the Colonel had a rocky relationship. There John tells his ex-wife, Nancy, that his dad had thought marrying her was one of the few things he did right. But Graham (apparently John's brother) tells him that their father regretted what had happened between them.

Sheppard and Ronon are surprised when a woman approaches them at the wake and knows much more than she should. She introduces herself as Ava Granger, a research scientist who worked for Henry Wallace -- the man who recently kidnapped Rodney McKay and his sister (Season Four's "Miller's Crossing"). Wallace's company was used by the U.S. government to develop technologies acquired off-world, including nanite technology.

The two men quietly excuse themselves and take Granger to debrief her at a quiet cafe. She explains that she and her colleague, Dr. Richard Poole, were working on a secret project code-named "Archetype," which sought to develop nanite technology and increase the nanites' level of interaction with each other. Instead of being injected into a biological organism for medical purposes, they created an artificial organism using nanites as building blocks.

Humans have engineered their very own human-form Replicator.

Ava explains that, though she trusted her superiors, she soon learned that what they were doing was not legal and not being funded by the government. The I.O.A. was investigating the research company and closing in on them fast. Dr. Poole had attempted to destroy the Replicator in the lab -- but it revolved, threw him across the room, and broke out of the high-security facility.

There is a Replicator loose on Earth. And it has been on the move for three weeks.
          http://www.gateworld.net/news/2007/0..._an_outc.shtml

This ep sounds AWESOME!
          Folding@Home|Babylon 5 Canon Guide

Delenn: This is Ambassador Delenn of the Minbari. Babylon 5 is under our protection. Withdraw,...or be destroyed.
          Earth Captain: Negative. We have authority here. Do not force us to engage your ship.
          Delenn: Why not? Only one human captain has ever survived battle with a Minbari fleet. He is behind me. You are in front of me. If you value your lives, be somewhere else.
          --Babylon 5 - "Severed Dreams"

Comment

i dont know if anyone has posted this link yet its from gateworldhttp://www.gateworld.net/news/2007/0..._an_outc.shtml
            Sig Bye Me and Avi bye Luciana

Comment

The story can be good or bad too. I think they will remake "Covenant", but now with a Replicator instead of an Asgard.

I don't like Earth-based stories. NID, Trust, Henry Wallace, Adrian Conrad, Baal, secret government projects... It is a bit similar to X-Files and an easy way to make cheap episodes. I prefer the off-world episodes.
              "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Spoiler:

Crossing.")

Medical Technologies.

Yikes!

Earth.

Double Yikes!

his car keys!

Morjana

Well, the spoiler started off as I expected and sounded interesting. Then I read "loose replicator on Earth, a possible shady company, blah blah blah".....SNORE!!!!

Yeah, just when I was beginning to get somewhat excited about this episode too.......
                sigpic

Comment

I have to say I prefer off world eps as well. I hope it doesn't lose it's scifi feel to it being based on earth. I'm a bit surprised that Shep has all this family, but has made no effort to contact them. Rocky terms with his father doesn't sound bad enough to sever all contact with him... and why not ever mention a brother before. I really thought his friendship with Rodney and even Ronan was more likening to the brother he never had.

This is why I was never fussed about backstory.. it takes all the mystery away from the man... so he came from a dysfunctional family just like a lot of others. Doesn't really explain his guarded emotions or his overwhelming loyalty to those he cares about.. though it doesn't really seem to apply to his own family which is strange, especially since he has vowed to give up his life for his new family in the PG galaxy. I hope we get to see why Shep is so estranged from his family and what caused him to sever all contact with his father and brother.

The part about the missing repilcator sounds exciting and it will be nice to get some good Shep/Ronan interaction.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
                    The story can be good or bad too. I think they will remake "Covenant", but now with a Replicator instead of an Asgard.

I don't like Earth-based stories. NID, Trust, Henry Wallace, Adrian Conrad, Baal, secret government projects... It is a bit similar to X-Files and an easy way to make cheap episodes. I prefer the off-world episodes.
                    I liked Covenant lol, but I agree on the remaking point.

However, I find Earth-based episodes interesting. They give us a look at how our world is being subtly shaped by the events offworld.
                    Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                    Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

I quite like earth-based eps as a break from the norm - particularly with SGA where they are not based on earth and going on off-world missions but are permanently off-world. And I love the idea of seeing any of the Pegasus galaxy natives actually visit/experience Earth.... in 3 seasons we've still never really seen that... Teyla's experience was all a hallucination in Home and we know Ronon went back with Carson in Sunday but we never saw anything of that. It's a fascinating concept that I'd love to see explored further... the reactions of Pegasus galaxy natives to the advanced - and conflicted - society and culture that humans have created away from the influence of the Wraith.

The backstory stuff... yeah, I have a few reservations about but I honestly think that is more to do with natural resistance to change than anything... we've had three years to get to know John Sheppard as an enigma with no backstory and to a certain extent we have created our own expectations and backstory for him in our imagination and it's going to feel... odd.. to find out actual incontrivertable facts about his history and family. I do find the concept of the brother a little challenging but, if anything, that makes me all the more intruiged to know just how Sheppard ended up so ostracised from everyone that he didn't want to contact anyone in Letters from Pegasus. An estranged father is one thing but an extended "family" of father, brother and ex-wife and he had nothing to say to *any* of them?!

I'm also liking the fact that it's Ronon that Sheppard takes home with him to his father's wake (maybe because he knows Ronon will give him space and do the whole strong silent type thing/leave John to brood in peace whereas e.g. Rodney wouldn't! ). I like seeing evidence of their friendship. Ronon can still be an underused character and I like the thought of seeing him interacting on a personal level with Sheppard...

And Ronon and Sheppard on a replicator hunt on Earth? Sounds interesting to me!
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Alipeeps View Post
                        I quite like earth-based eps as a break from the norm - particularly with SGA where they are not based on earth and going on off-world missions but are permanently off-world. And I love the idea of seeing any of the Pegasus galaxy natives actually visit/experience Earth.... in 3 seasons we've still never really seen that... Teyla's experience was all a hallucination in Home and we know Ronon went back with Carson in Sunday but we never saw anything of that. It's a fascinating concept that I'd love to see explored further... the reactions of Pegasus galaxy natives to the advanced - and conflicted - society and culture that humans have created away from the influence of the Wraith.

The backstory stuff... yeah, I have a few reservations about but I honestly think that is more to do with natural resistance to change than anything... we've had three years to get to know John Sheppard as an enigma with no backstory and to a certain extent we have created our own expectations and backstory for him in our imagination and it's going to feel... odd.. to find out actual incontrivertable facts about his history and family. I do find the concept of the brother a little challenging but, if anything, that makes me all the more intruiged to know just how Sheppard ended up so ostracised from everyone that he didn't want to contact anyone in Letters from Pegasus. An estranged father is one thing but an extended "family" of father, brother and ex-wife and he had nothing to say to *any* of them?!

I'm also liking the fact that it's Ronon that Sheppard takes home with him to his father's wake (maybe because he knows Ronon will give him space and do the whole strong silent type thing/leave John to brood in peace whereas e.g. Rodney wouldn't! ). I like seeing evidence of their friendship. Ronon can still be an underused character and I like the thought of seeing him interacting on a personal level with Sheppard...

And Ronon and Sheppard on a replicator hunt on Earth? Sounds interesting to me!
                        You summed things up perfectly, wish such a lack of backstory before, anything plot they come up with someone's not going to be happy...we're strip a layer off of what is the mystery of Sheppard. They HAD to tie in some sci-fi thing into it, and while that aspect doesn't seem too original, it DOES seem more action aimed and for once we get to see a Ronon and John adventure which is about time I say!

The only part that stands out as you mentioned is the brother.....would never guessed he had one to begin with and hope we're given a reason why things were so bad off, that there was no reason for John to talk to any of them and that if he died off somewhere, it just seems like in his mind, Shep's family wouldn't care.
                        My fanfic-
                        http://www.fanfiction.net/~kristen999

Comment

I've been looking forward to this episode, and I still am, but the Replicator part worries me. We already have Miller's Crossing set on Earth and involving nanites. Now Sheppard's backstory episode is also Earth-based and focused on the Replicator theme.

Why do they feel the need to tie this in with Miller's Crossing? The action even has to be initiated by someone within the same group of scientists?

I just don't understand the fascination with the Replicators.

Comment

Originally posted by Gate Geek View Post
                            Well, the spoiler started off as I expected and sounded interesting. Then I read "loose replicator on Earth, a possible shady company, blah blah blah".....SNORE!!!!

Yeah, just when I was beginning to get somewhat excited about this episode too.......
                            Slightly different spoilers at http://wraithfodder.livejournal.com/110727.html

It has good potential if the rpelicator storyline doesn't take over. I really do hope that by the end of season 4, we never hear the word again. Let's get back to the wraith....

Comment

Originally posted by Alipeeps View Post
                              To clarify this point -
                              Spoiler:
                              Shep tosses the car keys to Ronon and tells him to take Ava to the car (because Shep needs to talk to his brother).. it's not an indication that Ronon can, or is expected to, drive!
                              spoiler response: correct
                              Spoiler:
                              Not sure what the driving remark was about...

Comment

Originally posted by bluealien View Post
                                This is why I was never fussed about backstory.. it takes all the mystery away from the man... so he came from a dysfunctional family just like a lot of others. Doesn't really explain his guarded emotions or his overwhelming loyalty to those he cares about.. though it doesn't really seem to apply to his own family which is strange, especially since he has vowed to give up his life for his new family in the PG galaxy. I hope we get to see why Shep is so estranged from his family and what caused him to sever all contact with his father and brother.
                                Actually, I almost wish we *don't* get to the the reason for this. Hey, this way I can always pretend that Sheppard was a foster child that was taken in by the Sheppard family but never felt really at home with them. Keeps the mystery.

PatK

Comment

Working...
                                X