Clear All

Ok my re-done ship.

Spoiler:
    Name: Paradox

Type: Long range, Hyperspace capable ship

Technology base: Tau’ri/Asgard/Ancient

Operators: A human crew

Naval Classification: Battleship / Dreadnaught

Hull: The Paradox’s hull is comprised of a polarised ten meter thick Ablative Trinium/Naquada/Carbon and Titanium alloy, with a secondary five meter thick hull comprised of Trinium and Titanium.
    The structure of the ship is made of a Trinium and Titanium alloy, using a specially designed honeycomb structure allowing more movement of the ships actually body. This reduces the risk of sever hull damage, and helps increase the overall strength in battle.

Decks: The Paradox has 35 decks, most decks being around 2.5 meters high with a 1 meter high ventilation tube running across the level.

Layout:

Dimensions:
    >> Height: 200m
    >> Beam: 493.24m
    >> Length: 913.56m

Displacement: 4,667,962.8 metric tons

Crew: The Paradox requires a crew of 600 to work at maximum efficiency, with a minimum required crew of 450 to run at minimal efficiency.

Craft: Small hanger bay capable of carrying squadron of fighters or a few cargo ships.

>> The Paradox carries a secondary 150m long, 80m wide, and 30m high ship located in a specially built bay on the bottom of the ship. This secondary ship is capable of carrying 200 people; it has its own shield generator, weapons and ring transporter.

The Paradox has the capability to “piggy back” any ship smaller than or equal too, 300 meters long, by 200 meters wide, using a lower section of the ship.

Power plant: Three Asgard Neutrino Ion generators, and one Naquada Mark (VI) generator.

Engines:
    >> One altered Asgard hyperdrive (retractable)
    >> One mini Tau’ri hyperdrive (backup)
    >> Five very large Ion Drives
    >> Two large sized Ion drives
    >> Anti-gravity engines

Armament/Weapons:
    >> 2x 600mm coil-gun
    >> 30x 60mm rail-guns
    >> 14x 120mm rail-guns
    >> 8x 250mm rail-guns
    >> 6x Ion beam weapons

>> 80x Anti-ship missiles
    >> 150x anti-fighter missiles

Defences:
    >> Three Asgard (Tau’ri altered) shield generators, producing a regenerative shield matrix
    >> One Tau’ri engineered shield (modelled on Ancient shields) producing a hull hugging shield designed as a structural support.
    >> Internal shield network
    >> Inertial Dampeners
    >> Ablative Armour

Other Technology:
    >> Tau’ri engineered, (using Ancient design and Asgard) Clocking device.
    >> Asgard Beaming technology (adapted for offensive capability)
    >> Asgard Beaming Jammer
    >> Four heavily guarded Ancient Ring Transporter
    >> Advanced AI enhanced computers
    >> Holographic systems
    >> All the other basic needs.

Technical and Historical Notes:

History
    During the time of change between 2037 and 2040 a large organisation known as The Shield began work on there new battleship, designed to expand the changing Tau’ri fleet. It was designed, constructed and tested in a secret location somewhere in the galaxy. If successful this ship would pave the way for a new beginning, a greater era of space exploration and travel.
    After three years of building and testing the ship was finally ready, designated BS-926 “Galaxy” it was immediately sent into battle against the Aschen. It showed its worth in battle claiming many a ship. This lead to the mass production of the BS-926,and the design of the second generation ship. However this time of prosperity would not last long, with every battle the Aschen became harder to fight, until finally on that eventful day in the year 2044 the BS-926 became an old relic. No longer able to hold its own, the design was scrapped in favour of the more heavily armed second generation the BS-926B. In 2046 The Shield began work on their final design, a ship that would have shaped the course of the tau’ri, designated the BS-1009AS it was only in its final stages of completion when a fleet of Mercenaries boarded the ship and stole it, bombarding the facility and destroying an proof of its existence.

The BS-1009AS later named the Paradox was taken to earth for its finalisation and completion under the hands of a group known as “Order”. Using advanced technology they altered the systems and redesigned the shields and weapons. There would be only one Paradox, and that was how it was to be.

Design
    The Paradox utilises a honey comb structure and a web like frame. Using a strong Trinium/Titanium alloy the whole ship was designed for maximum strength for minimum strain. Using a honey comb structure, the ship can withstand almighty pressure without the risk of sever damage, and with a web like frame, the ship can move and adapt to large impacts without the risk of snapping due to the high stress and strain levels.

The ship also utilises an internal shield network, this shield network using sensors positioned all over the ship activates special designed and places shields that if required can control the internal structure of the ship. For example if the hull of the ship is breached, the shield network generates a shield in place of the breach and reinforces the surrounding structure increasing the overall integrity of the ship.

The Shield
    Using an advanced network of sensors positioned all over the hull and structure of the ship monitoring the strength and integrity of the ship, the shields can be adjusted automatically to reinforce areas that are suffering the most amount of damage and fire. This increases the period in which the shields are effective and prolongs the life of the ship. Using three overlapping generators the shields can also regenerate after being disabled knowing the there are at least two other shields protecting the ship.
    Meet the Karn, the true race of the stars.

Comment

Ok i think its getting less fanwank. In the senarious you are using, which the backdrop building in the GwF2, and by using the origion V.1 we could make that ship a reality. If we used this kind of history for "The Shield"

The shield are an extreamely secretive and powerfull organisation that have been responsible and continue to be a major influence on the tides of power within our region of space.
      The Shield began many millenia ago during a time when four powerfull races ruled the stars in our region of space. The Great allience was comprised of the Asgard, Ancients, Nox and Furling and between them were the four dominant life forms of that time. The shield was the Alliences version of the illuminate society, they like many others wanted to secure the allience against enemies that posed significant threats, from outside and from within.
      The Shield recruited high ranking and influential member of the four races and manipulated them in to serving the collective shields interests. This secret order of high power became masterminds of over 8 galaxys, gaining them, in secret immense power and resources to command.
      all of a sudden the ancients began to lose the war to the wraith; the nox became pacifists; the furlings fell down with a plague (the same one that kill the ancients, but had taken this much time to reach thier own region of space) and the asgard became reclusive after thier cloning problems began. The power of the allience and therefore the Shield's influence vanished for over ten thousand years. The Shield used the most advanced preservation technology ever invented, combined with a ZPM to power it. The entire order was put in suspended animation in a cloaked and unknown ship in a remote region of the galaxy. The ZPM could keep the cloak and status working for almost half a million years however thier bodies could not be preserved perfectly. The needed to be rotationally healed to thier former state. The Shield had access to the Telchak healing devices and every 500 years they would all awake, heal themselves, and return to slumber. Their bodies never aged and for 10,000 years the Shield has been kept alive and in pefect health.
      Things have changed though, the tides of power may once be strong enough to call them back to the fray, The Asgard have grown strong, the Lantian civilaztion is rebuilding, and humanity is in a stronger position than ever before. The Shield decided that now was the time to emerge from hiding, and the Legend of the Shields power to once again be a reality.
      The shield's 185 knights left, taking a ship each the travelled far and wide and planted themselves deep within the Societies of thi time. Furlings, Nox, Asgard, Ancients. True members of the Allience returning to the seats of power once more. But it was no great welcome they recieved, they remained secret. Learning and Plotting, the power could be seen but was out of thier reach. They decided that something needed to be done, too regain the power base that was once thiers, to gain a foothold in the new power.

The foothold was chosen, it was to be a ship. The Lantians, Earthling and Asgard had been working together for many decades but had never truely done any kind of ship together. A ship possessing all three species respective technology would provide serious tactical and military advanced on all sides. If the shields alias's were building said ships they woudl regain thier base of power, however limited.
      The Shield recruited prominant private sector experts from earth, that were experts in Earths military and in their space program, designers and engineers who had worked at Area 51, Atlantis, and on many of the private contracts loaned out when building our fleets.
      Too these experts they added several of the greatest Ancient scientists, the Woman who built the Drone weapons, the man who invented the ZPM and the Man who designed the City of atlantis itself. They also added a Furling and Nox engineers and compiled a team of Asgard scientists from both the origional Shield and the new wave of recruits. On of these Scientists was Loki.

The shields team had limited resources and while they were arguable the greatest single concentration of corporeal knowledge anywhere they were able to design only a single vessel. The paradox,it was one of the most defencivly powerfull ships ever, it had more shielding and better hull structure than any ship there had ever been. Its weapons were mainly Asgard and Human, these were the most readily avalable. Even though the origional inventor of the Drone was on the team the materials used were very rare, they were either in use, depleted or under heavy gaurd by the new Lantian civilization. A third party ship building company would never have the authority to get those material and the weapons may need improving later down the Line.
      The Shield Sent the Paradox under the command of an Ancient general agaisnt the Aschen, they saved the fleet and gained the trust of its crew. The Aschen fears the ship still, and the ancients and asgard are begging the shield's alias for the designs and production licences. The shield have begun to rebuild their power base. Only the future will tell what will befall our forces when the Shield shows itself next time...
      Wow ok so i thought it wouldnt be massive but im really liking this lol. Would it be ok if i used the idea or we can work together. I think this organisation could be really cool to develop and thier actions actually supercede both fleets. So there could be storylines in both V1 and V2

i like it
      immhotep

PS my storyline actually makes more sense if you have the Omni drone thing...Wait did i actually create a credible storyline which could could potentially justify Fanwank..?
      Last edited by immhotep; 19 December 2006, 01:47 PM.
      sigpic
      You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
      Stargate : Genesis |
      Original Starship DesignThread
      Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
      11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep View Post
        Ok i think its getting less fanwank. In the senarious you are using, which the backdrop building in the GwF2, and by using the origion V.1 we could make that ship a reality. If we used this kind of history for "The Shield"

Wow ok so i thought it wouldnt be massive but im really liking this lol. Would it be ok if i used the idea or we can work together. I think this organisation could be really cool to develop and thier actions actually supercede both fleets. So there could be storylines in both V1 and V2

i like it
        immhotep

PS my storyline actually makes more sense if you have the Omni drone thing...Wait did i actually create a credible storyline which could could potentially justify Fanwank..?
        lol, cool story immhotep it's actually one of the best things you've written that i can remember...just be careful not to make them toooo powerful and the Paradox tooo strong we don't want the balance of power to shift dramatically...

it's good that we're getting all this done now though, instead of shoving bits in later on
        Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

i like it
          immhotep

Ok, that sounds cool, just so you know, the PAradox is a one off ship.
          But we can use The Shield. If we work together we can get it running pretty well.

Comment

Id like that alot, i really like the shield, they could turn out to be a really interesting addition, especially for V1. With the return of the ancient the shield could work very well.
            sigpic
            You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
            11000! green me

Comment

Cool, i am currently modelling the Paradox, might be finished today not sure, as i keep finding bits that i could add on to make it better.

Comment

Cool, Well you can basicly make it as cool as you want. the team putting it together are pretty much the greatest team there could be lol
                sigpic
                11000! green me

Comment

Ok here is the initial paradox design

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Comment

Yeah i really like it Its simply yet very cool.
                    sigpic
                    11000! green me

Comment

It is hard to think how to make a ship that is primarily Tau'ri engineered to look ancient and Asgard.

I am thinking i might put some damage to the ship too, as it is going to be found in peragus, maybe some old weapons damage. What do you think??

Comment

Well i wouldnt. Its a brand new ship. If were using the storyline i came up with. The hull and superstructure is human, with nox and furling engineering techniques, like the Honeycomb thing. The main systems are mainly ancient and asgard however. so it doesnt need to look ancienty or asgardian, it just has to have thier technology. I would put a hyperdrive fin on the model though, because that is classic Asgard design.
                        Last edited by immhotep; 20 December 2006, 07:32 AM.
                        sigpic
                        11000! green me

Comment

Well i wouldnt. Its a brand new ship. If were using the storyline i came up with. The hull and superstructure is human, with nox and furling engineering techniques, like the Honeycomb thing. The main systems are mainly ancient and asgard however. so it doesnt need to look ancienty or asgardian, it just has to have thier technology. I would put a hyperdrive fin on the model though, because that is classic Asgard design.
                          Ok thats cool, yeah sorry, i like your storyline, actually kinda what i was hoping for.

OK here is a pic of where they iondrives and Hperdrives are.

Spoiler:

EDITED 18:00
                          Last edited by fallen_arbiter; 20 December 2006, 09:07 AM.

Comment

cool ship, but i prefer my model...is this ship going to be in the fleet whether it's voted in or not? (not that i mind)
                            Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

Originally posted by Buba uognarf View Post
                              cool ship, but i prefer my model...is this ship going to be in the fleet whether it's voted in or not? (not that i mind)
                              It is going to be put into the orginal fleet as a ship from an group known as the Shield. Formed from the great four races. So isn't going to effect the second fleet.

Comment

heres a WiP of an 1km+ ship. I dunno what it will be yet. Ill spec it when im done.

Spoiler:

Last edited by Extrenix; 21 December 2006, 09:03 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X