Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by obsessed1
    that can be arranged
    Sheppard awoke slowly and once he had pried his eyes open, he attempted to blink away the vestiges of his drug induced sleep.
    He rolled his head over to the left and saw Rodney sleeping in the chair beside his bed. His chin was dipped onto his chest and his feet were resting up on Sheppard's bed.
    Sheppard wrinkled his nose as he stared at Rodney' socks and then tentatively tried to sit up.
    The room was spinning and he felt sick to his stomach.
    He couldn't really remember what had happened to him, but he wasn't hooked up to tubes and wires.
    He just had the one I.V line which he promptly pulled out and decided he would go and find Beckett and ask him what had happened, rather than awake Rodney from his sleep. The man was obviously exhausted.
    Sheppard pushed the covers aside and hooked his legs over the edge of the bed.
    He waited to catch his breath, the morphine he was most likely on, cushioning him from any extensive pain.
    He went to slide off the bed, got caught up in the covers and found himslef falling forwards with no hope of stopping.
    He hit the ground face first and as he feebly pushed himslef up onto his hands, he could feel the blood trickling from his nose and running over his mouth. It dripped to the ground and his mind conjured an image.
    Blood dripping onto his boots.
    Rodney awoke with a start, getting up from his chair and running around to Sheppard in a few strides, "What are you doing?" he asked in a tired voice.
    Sheppard reached for his stomach and groaned. The sudden movement of falling and the mere activity of being upright was beginning to make his stomach roil.
    "Are you okay?" Rodney asked as he reached for a tissue to staunch his bleeding nose.
    Sheppard kept his mouth clamped shut and shook his head.
    "I'll get Beckett," Rodney said as he went to stand.
    Sheppard reached out for his hand and shook his head.
    "What?"
    Sheppard groaned and felt the bile pool at the back of his throat.
    "What? You're injured again aren't you?" he pointed at Sheppards nose, "aside from the obvious."
    Sheppard took in a deep breath and the instant he did he felt searing pain in his chest. He opened his mouth to gasp and instead his stomach contents decided to make a break for it.
    He threw up the meagre contents of his stomach onto Rodney's feet. He wretched, dry heaved and burped until Rodney called for Beckett.
    "What are you doing out of bed?" Beckett asked as he helped get Sheppard back up and comfortable.
    Sheppard groaned and wiped his mouth.
    "Oh god, Carson," Rodney moaned as he removed his wet socks, "This is...just gross."
    "Just wash your feet off," Beckett sighed, "Okay, lets take a look at this nose and check your stitches."
    Sheppard allowed him to poke and prod as he made his examination. Grimacing when Beckett prodded a tender spot on his nose.
    "Well, it doesnt look broken but it's going to hurt for a while. I can give you some more morphine if you'd like."
    Sheppard didn't want to answer. He was still feeling sick to his stomach, so instead he swallowed thickly and put a thumbs up.
    "You had us quite worried Colonel. You've been out for a week."
    "A week!" Sheppard blurted out.
    He regretted it instantly, but Beckett having recognised the signs, passed him an emesis basin.
    "Aye. We've removed most of the tubes and wires. You were doing quite well until you took your spill out of bed."
    Sheppard groaned and hugged the basin, "Feels great to be awake," he moaned.
    "I have one good pair of socks and he soils them!" Rodney ranted, "I give up."
    "Sorry Rodney," Sheppard managed to say.
    "Well, i'm going to have a pair of yours as penance."
    "Fine," Sheppard stated as he slipped further down the bed.
    "A really good pair. Ones without holes."
    "Fine," Sheppard said as he dizzily closed his eyes.
    "Oh Colonel?" Rodney said prodding him back awake.
    "Yeah Rodney?"
    "It's good to have you back."

Comment

Hi Gang

We just found out that not everyone knows the Picture posting guidelines so we are reminding everyone and hopefully we will have these placed in the FAQ soon so there won't be any questions so this is just an
      FYI Post

picture posting rules :

There is a great way to attach pictures to the thread, using them to make thumbnails so that folks can see what's there without that same picture downloading over and over and over. Just use the attachments button below. This is the preferred way of posting pictures!

If you choose to put the photos in your post, they do have to fit a couple of criteria;

They cannot be larger than the forum boundaries, 300x400 is a good size. They cannot be larger than 75K.

If they are called from another server you must have permission to hotlink to them. Links like this do put a drain on servers and too many folks linking to too many pictures has been known to take a server down every once in a while.

You cannot quote the pictures in your replies. Multiple copies of the pics just drain more bandwidth.

Last but not least, please do not post pictures that spoil season 8/9 of Stargate SG-1 or season 1/2 of Stargate:Atlantis! Feel free to post links to those pictures with the appropriate warning of spoilers though.

Please remember: these rules are not here to diminish your enjoyment but to make this thread accessible and enjoyable for everyone - including those forum members on a slow dial-up connection!

If you have any questions or problems please contact me or any of the other mods.

Thanks for listening, now let the thunking continue!
      Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by Gate Geek
        Hey salty - did you sign up for that workshop they're offering at the NY con next month? Sounds like fun. Maybe you can reenact part of the script to include bloody Shep whump!!

Can you imagine getting up there and having to demonstrate bloody Shep whump? BWAH! No wonder Joe cancelled!

Nope - didn't sign up for it. Figured I'd cruise the hotel halls looking to see where Michael and Jason are staying
        sigpic
        Read about my SGA set visit at My LiveJournal - June 2007

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar
          Thanks for listening, now let the thunking continue!
          its the whump thread actually LOL but thanks anyway.....

great story O1....any more in store for us???

SIG BY MY SISTER OBSESSED1! WHEN SHEP GOES WHUMP I GO THUNK! My LJ

Comment

Another excellent installment O1. You had quite a few of WannaBe's recommendations too. SQUEE!!!

Salty - I would so have loved to seen you demonstrate proper bloody Shep whump.

Salty: this is the proper method for whumping one Lt. Col Sheppard. *pulls out gun and shoots Sheppy in side*

Audience: goes deadly silent....

Salty: so... what upcoming episode can I expect to see this happen then?
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rootortoise

Nah.....i'm done for the night....my brains turning into goo.......but i might be pursuaded to do more...(Different whump) in the future. If only i could get motivated to do my two other fics...painful reminders is wanting to be finished......i just can't do it...but for some reason that little drabble came easy

glad you all liked it

Comment

And i thought that...its WHUMP not THUNK...I wonder if she went into the thunk thread and said happy whumping

Comment

glad you all liked it
                  we did....we liked it a lot!!!! it was so very squeeworthy!! whump woo!!!

Comment

Nah.....i'm done for the night....my brains turning into goo.......but i might be pursuaded to do more...(Different whump) in the future. If only i could get motivated to do my two other fics...painful reminders is wanting to be finished......i just can't do it...but for some reason that little drabble came easy

glad you all liked it
                    A big THANKS for the entertainment tonight O1!!! Absolutely loved it!
                    sigpic

Comment

And i thought that...its WHUMP not THUNK...I wonder if she went into the thunk thread and said happy whumping
                      haha silly person...i noticed actually that in the thunk thread it was the same message....this is whump....waaaaay different than thunk!!! dont get much blood with just thunking!!!

Comment

haha silly person...i noticed actually that in the thunk thread it was the same message....this is whump....waaaaay different than thunk!!! dont get much blood with just thunking!!!
                        Exactly............see they're trying to merge the thread *wipes single tear from cheek*

Never!!!

Comment

Exactly............see they're trying to merge the thread *wipes single tear from cheek*

Never!!!
                          i second that!!! they'll never take the thread alive!!!!!!! WHUMP FOREVER!!! lol!!!

Comment

Not unless the thunkers hit their heads falling over.

So...does this mean all pixs posted now have to be as thumbnail attachments? Cause quite frankly, that just ruins the whole whumpy pix thing for me. I want the big, in your face, whumpy shep pixs.
                            sigpic

Comment

Fantastic fic O1! As usual. Since you mentioned it, I'll just give you're muse a prod for Painful Reminders. I'm hanging to know what happened! Hanging I say! Not good... but if you keep entertaining us like that I suppose I can forgive you.

*pokes O1's muse*
                              sigpic
                              My LJ & Fics * Proud Member of W.A.S.P. * Pay It Forward

Comment

well time for bed! happy whumping guys....speak to you all tomorrow...*glances at time* errm later rather LOL

Comment

Working...
                                X