This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sauron18
    1) She was still growing, her powers and knowledge weren't completely sorted out, as we later see in the episode.
    Please provide scene in the ep.
    2) Vala is Adria's mother, she cares about her despite the fact that she is an unbeliever. Adria isn't psychotic, she wouldn't just kill her mother for something like that. (Watch Counterstrike)
    Vala is not only an unbeliever, but a tactical danger. (as part of SG1) the idea that the Ori wouldn't make sure she WAS psychotic is in itself a plothole.
    3) Arrogance, maybe?No Real need. It's not like they really did any damage to the ship, so nothing bad happened except the loss of Vala.
    Who is a major tactical asset. Without her SG1 wouldn't be nearly as effective as they are.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregorius
      All episodes of Season 10 are allowed, hence the "Spoilers for all of S10". It wouldn't be much of an award with only one episode
      I don’t know. I think it should just go ahead and be awarded to “Insiders.” Someone took a shotgun to that plot. That thing was riddled with holes.
      IMO always implied.

Comment

lol you guys are hilarious.

Comment

all errors must be based in canon. Plot holes filled by interviews after the fact or behind the scenes info can't count.

that's not to say that explanations can't come in a later episode. For all we know, adria's behaviours may be explained in episodes to come.

Let's try to keep this to 'factual' things. like the alkash crashing, or barrett's access, holes that can't be explained away by character motivation (cause, imho, someone as smart as baal never woulda cloned his own competition in the first place)

Factual things like the signal getting through 28 stories down. Why wasn't the computer access cut, why weren't sam's codes locked out
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Let's work on one episode at a time. people can list the plot holes. If someone has canon evidence to dispute it, post that.

list the plot holes by number and if you add more, add another number and quote the main list.

if a plot hole is explained, it gets crossed out.
            then, on friday, we can have the 'final' list and after the next episode airs, we move onto it. if a future eps explains a plot hole, we'll go back and cross it off.

once we get to the mid seasno break, we can go back and do the first 3 episodes, then have the final list and the 'winner' for the first 10 eps

and remember guys, this is fun. it's nto serious. it's not meant to pick on anyone, be it show writer or fellow poster.

let's be logical and dispassionate about the plot holes and see how many really exist adn how many can be explained.

sigpic

Comment

1004 "INSIDERS":
              1) Why does Sam have access to a list which she doesn't need to have access to?
              2) And why is that, important, list accessable from every terminal inside the SG-C when that list should only be accessible form the controlroom?
              3) Why weren't the guards and invasion teams equiped with symbiot poison grenades?
              4) Why was Barrett's keycard capable of opening Ba'al's celldoor when he wasn't authorized to be near Ba'al?
              5) there is NO WAY IN HADES an alkash will crash in colorado and not be on the internet within half an hour. not with an air force base, air force academy, army base, local air port, international airport 70 miles away and a quarter million people living in the city (or so, not quite sure what colorado springs' population is)
              6) how about barrett even keeping his gun?? most military bases have you secure y our weapon, only thier guards get to stay armed
              7) no one was monitoring the data transfer? how come the lan lines weren't cut off from the main frame as soon as they lost control of the area
              8) I think the courts-martial should start with Landry, for stupidity in not locking down the mountain, and making Ba'al's passage more difficult. Also for not locking out Sam's access codes once she was comprimised and captured.
              9) the SF's for allowing an armed Barrett into seeing the prisoner (um what is Security for!!!!)
              10) If Landry had done his job right (in which Sam would think he did) then using her password shouldn't have worked and she could have used her computer skills to give a corrupted file to Ba'al and save the hostages!
              11) The locator beacons should have been removed as soon as they identified them. Basic security procedure.
              12) When did the symbiote poison not become immediately effective? Remember the tiny amount Daniel had to take out the summit meeting? (Addition by LaCroix: Line from Summit: JACOB: More than you know. There's enough material in that vial to kill every Tok'ra on this base twice over.)
              13) Why was an on probation civilian (Vala) leading a team of SFs?
              14) Why did Sam give in so easily to Ba'al, she's been through a lot worse and didn't give in then.
              15) What were all Ba'als doing on 1 single level, clearly this is a security hazard.
              16) Why wasn't Ba'al cuffed? Since it's normal to handcuff captured enemies, especially a Goa'uld, to prevent them from taking weapons etc..
              Signed,

Gregorius
              Gateworld Forum Troublemaker Extraordinaire.

sigpic

Support the (r)Evolution: Gregorius for Moderator.
              Gregorius, because clowning about is his raison d'être.

Comment

Wow, that's quite a lot of plot holes for 1 episode better becareful where you walk so you don't fall in
                sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Gregorius
                  15) What were all Ba'als doing on 1 single level, clearly this is a security hazard.
                  Not really. Having them on multiple levels just means a bigger cage to guard, which is less secure.

Comment

Did anyone ever sound the alert? I don't honestly remember. But in past episodes, a button on the wall could be punched, and lights and sirens went off to alert personnel that there was a problem. If this had been done early, might the break-out of all the clones have been prevented? Perhaps the other guards could have been warned that there was a breakout before they, too were disabled? (And just how ineffective are SGC guards? Afterall, surely there were as many guards as clones, and it seems rather pathetic that they were all taken out without taking any clones with them...)

How did Sam get to Barrett so quickly, un-armed (?) and without backup (?), without knowing the other clones were in the process of escaping? If they were all being held on the same level, it seems unlikely that Sam could have gotten to Barrett without noticing that a break-out was in progress, and she was extremely vulnerable to capture. If not a plot hole (assuming my memory of events is accurate, to which I certainly wouldn't swear), this certainly screams of a terrible plot device.

Ba'al should not be as proficient at using SGC weapons as SGC personnel, and it seemed like a very small number of clones held off a tremendous number of SGC personnel for an unrealistic amount of time with a limited number of weapons and amo. Um... we've seen SG teams using grenades and shock grenades before. We've seen SG teams take out more enemies (yes, in the SGC, also) who were better equipped and far more numerous. (So, it's a bit hard for me to believe that SGC teams can capture all of these clones on foreign planets who are guarded by their loyal Jaffa without killing any of them, but SGC teams suddenly can't kill any of them in in the familiar surroundings of their own base...) Even waiting for symbiote poison (which in the past has been shown to work instantaneously), the SGC personnel should have taken out the clones with superior fire power very quickly. (Heck, Cam took out an entire ship by himself before! You'd think that multiple teams in familiar surroundings might do a bit better.) Obviously, if the plan was to use symbiote poison, killing the clones was not an issue. A couple of grenades could have and should have been used to advance forces without resulting in them "being pinned down."

Or so one might think.
                    Last edited by Strix varia; 07 August 2006, 02:10 PM.

My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by PG15
                      Not really. Having them on multiple levels just means a bigger cage to guard, which is less secure.
                      They are in Cheyenne Mountain. The whole freaking mountain is one big secure military base. You're saying they couldn't spread the Ba'als around a bit, throughout the whole base, with the hundreds of military personnel that have to be around, to keep them separated?

Even splitting them in half would have been better than grouping them all in one location.
                      "May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places where you must walk." - Susan Ivanova

"The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest. " - Citizen G'Kar

"I will see you again, in the place where no shadows fall." - Delenn

Comment

I disagree.

With them spread across the entire facility, it'll be too hard to cage them in if they ever escape. With the things they were in Insiders, at least they tried to seal off those levels and would only have so many fronts against the Ba'als.

Comment

I disagree.

With them spread across the entire facility, it'll be too hard to cage them in if they ever escape. With the things they were in Insiders, at least they tried to seal off those levels and would only have so many fronts against the Ba'als.
                          In the spread situation you have 1 Ba'al sealed without him being capable of freeing the other Ba'als before his escape is discovered.
                          Signed,

Gregorius

sigpic

Comment

True, but I don't know, I just feel a smaller area of "danger" means safety.

Human nature I suppose. Don't mind me.

Comment

True, but I don't know, I just feel a smaller area of "danger" means safety.

Human nature I suppose. Don't mind me.
                              Compare Ba'al to money and 1 single level to a bank. If you were to store all your money in 1 bank and that bank went bankrupt you'd be poor, but if you spread your money over several banks the risk of getting poor would be greatly reduced.

But this is getting off-topic, back to seeking plotholes in "INSIDERS".
                              Signed,

Gregorius

sigpic

Comment

canon wise, the detention cells are on level 16. that's where all the cages are and monitoring devices

that's why i think they were all grouped together. what i do find kind odd is that htey have TWENTY separate isolation cells

i can't quite imagine a facility of that size having that many cells

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X