X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

http://www.thestar.com/NASApp/cs/Con...=1152180122164

TORONTO STAR

reports on the TV critics assocation press tour...

Thursday, July 13
    Once I’ve filed this morning, I’ve got, among other things, the MTV Networks
    (South Park’s Parker and Stone, David Cross, Mr. T.), A&E (Gene Simmons and Shannon Tweed) and the Sci Fi Channel (Stan Lee – the geek in me could never miss that), followed by a Stargate party (they’ve apparently flown the actual Stargate in from the set in Vancouver).

*Click on link above for the full text*

Comment

PHOTOS!

http://www.celebrityphoto.com/scripts/search/events.pl

has a number of photos of the SG1 cast from the recent TCA press tour.
      They're all thumbnail shots but still fun to look at. Richard Dean Anderson, Amanda Tapping (and daughter), Chris Judge, Ben Browder, Michael Shanks (and Lexa), Beau and more

Note: they've misidentified Ben Browder and Michael Shanks (at least until they read their mail where folks point out the error

--thanks for the michael shanks group for the tip
      Last edited by prion; 17 July 2006, 09:08 AM.

Comment

http://www.canada.com/cityguides/win...03c7d9&k=11627

excerpt:

10th anniversary party for Stargate SG-1 out of this world

Alex Strachan, CanWest News Service
        Published: Monday, July 17, 2006

PASADENA, Calif. — They came from Vancouver, not from outer space. On this night, though, they could be forgiven for being mistaken as space aliens.

A strange sight, indeed. The massive stargate used in Stargate SG-1, the 10-year-old filmed-in-Vancouver sci-fi series that just cannot get respect from the critics, either in Canada or the U.S. it seems, loomed over the manicured lawns of the upscale, faux-Versailles grounds at the Ritz-Carlton Huntington Hotel.

Past and present Stargate stars mixed, mingled and made merry for the California natives on the occasion of Stargate’s 200th episode and record-breaking 10th season: Amanda Tapping, holding her tow-headed toddler Olivia in her arms, with matching sky blue eyes; a lean, fit MacGyver-like Richard Dean Anderson, playing a gentle game of tag with his young daughter, Wylie; Michael Shanks, a serious stage actor who looked, for once, as if he’d just stepped off the moon; Christopher Judge, who, his Stargate character to the contrary, is in fact not a space alien; and Ben Browder, rested instead of restive for once, the leading man in his second cult sci-fi series in a row. (The first was the late, lamented — and unfairly cancelled — Farscape. To paraphrase a line from Charlton Heston in Planet of the Apes, damn you Sci Fi Channel, damn you all to hell.)

*entire article at link above*
        Last edited by prion; 17 July 2006, 08:17 AM.

Comment

reposting from Sg1_SPOILME

The Television Critics Tour is a huge biannual event that lasts about three
          weeks. During "cable week" Stargate SG-1 studio execs, along with past
          and present cast members, enjoyed a special party complete with a
          stargate on the gorgeous grounds of the upscale Ritz-Carlton hotel in
          Pasadena California. There have been LOTS of articles written about the
          event. We've posted an article from NowPlayingMagazine.com because
          it's a bit more Bencentric.

Plus, we were able to add a few pictures that we have not seen anywhere
          else!

Enjoy... (-:

www.BenBrowderPortal.com

NOTE: IF you go to the gallery, you can see LARGE images of many of the shots that have come out on the TCA tour
          Last edited by prion; 19 July 2006, 03:33 AM.

Comment

http://www.nwanews.com/adg/Style/161077/

relevant excerpt:

Sci Fi Channel hosted an evening party on the hotel’s back garden July 13. The affair featured the Stargate. Yes, the actual giant Stargate ring from the TV series. Sci Fi offered souvenir photos of the critics standing in front of the thing. I passed on the off chance I would fall through and be zapped off across the universe to battle Wraith hive ships. The TV Column runs Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday. E-mail: mstorey@arkansasonline. com

Comment

This includes some review stuff, but also mentions TCA tour:

http://www.tbo.com/entertainment/tv/MGBK9S6LVPE.html

At 10 Years And 200 Episodes, 'SG-1' Goes Where No Sci-Fi Drama Has Gone Before

On a roll from the record-breaking debut of "Eureka" on Tuesday, the Sci-Fi Channel brings back its two "Stargate" hits tonight.The long-running "Stargate: SG-1" at 9 p.m. is celebrating 10 years and 200 episodes. The spinoff "Stargate: Atlantis" comes back for a third season at 10.Sci-Fi threw a big party for these hits this week at the Ritz-Carlton Huntington Hotel & Spa in Pasadena, Calif., where the nation's TV critics are gathered for a preview of upcoming network series.Who would have thought that this spinoff from a 1994 movie starring Kurt Russell and James Spader would become TV's longest-running science fiction drama?On "SG-1" tonight, the Stargate crew faces a deadly and mysterious sleeping sickness.A cliffhanger last season ended with the dreaded enemy Ori on a tear to destroy the human race.Also tonight, in a plot development that seems to have been borrowed from USA's "The 4400," the Vala character (Claudia Black) has a daughter who goes from infant to dangerous teen within minutes.Richard Dean Anderson, the former "MacGyver" star who helped launch "Stargate," is coming back for the 200th episode Aug. 18.He told TV critics in Pasadena that "Stargate" may come full circle with a big-screen version.Anderson, who left his Jack O'Neill behind last season, also will be a guest star on several episodes of "Stargate: Atlantis" this season.

Comment

TVweek

Stargate Liberation
                Friday, July 14th, 2006

There was nothing particularly snark-worthy about NBC-Uni’s perfectly pleasant shindig on the Ritz Carlton lawn last night. There was a white disco platform, a scratch-happy DJ and a towering 50-foot prop from the hit Sci Fi Channel series “Stargate SG-1.”The night before the party, NBC Uni actually posted a security team to guard the massive metallic-looking ring. You know, just in case any harried critics try to escape their TCA duties by teleporting to another planet.

Comment

From SciFi Pulse:

http://www.scifi.com/pulse/

OR

http://www.scifi.com/stargate/video/

Exclusive Interviews from the Television Critics Association party.

Clips include:

* Anderson on the 200th episode of SG-1
                  Richard Dean Anderson talks with SCIFI Wire about 10 seasons of SG-1.

* "Shanks on the 200th episode of SG-1"

* "Tapping on the 200th episode of SG-1"

* "Judge on the 200th episode of SG-1"

(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)

Morjana

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
                  SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
                  Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by morjana
                    From SciFi Pulse:

http://www.scifi.com/pulse/

OR

Exclusive Interviews from the Television Critics Association party.

Clips include:

* Anderson on the 200th episode of SG-1
                    Richard Dean Anderson talks with SCIFI Wire about 10 seasons of SG-1.

* "Shanks on the 200th episode of SG-1"

* "Tapping on the 200th episode of SG-1"

* "Judge on the 200th episode of SG-1"

(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)

Morjana
                    You forgot about Claudia Black, there's also an interview with her about 200th episode of SG-1.
                    T.S.G.D - The StarGate SG-1 Defenders

StargateSg1.com/Farscapefan1

Comment

Originally posted by Farscapefan
                      You forgot about Claudia Black, there's also an interview with her about 200th episode of SG-1.
                      Claudia was NOT mentioned on the web page I included in my post:

However, she is listed on a sub-page:

http://www.scifi.com/stargate/video/behindthescenes/

Black on the 200th episode of SG-1

Morjana

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
                      SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
                      Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Video interviews made at this press tour are now available at
                        www.scifi.com at SCIPULSE (to your right)

Comment

Thanks Morjana. I watched all of them and they were great! Hard to believe it's been ten years and we've watched them all mature on go thru various life changes on and off the show.

BTW, don't know if anyone else had any trouble viewing them, but I kept getting this little "hour glass". Had to refresh the page about 10 times before it finally went into the video section. I listened to all of them at once because I was afraid I'd never get back in there!

You know.....I'm really looking forward to "200" after hearing them all talk about how much fun it was to make. Hope that translates onscreen.
                          Life is hard...and it's harder if you're stupid

Comment

Originally posted by keshou

BTW, don't know if anyone else had any trouble viewing them, but I kept getting this little "hour glass". Had to refresh the page about 10 times before it finally went into the video section. I listened to all of them at once because I was afraid I'd never get back in there!
                            Other people have experienced that problem too. It might be your level of Windows or something else on your PC that's causing the problem. A lot of websites fine-tune their stuff to the high-end PCs, which is frustrating for those with low-end PCs

Comment

Originally posted by prion
                              Other people have experienced that problem too. It might be your level of Windows or something else on your PC that's causing the problem. A lot of websites fine-tune their stuff to the high-end PCs, which is frustrating for those with low-end PCs
                              Hmm....well I'm at work on what I'd consider a "high-end PC" running on Windows XP, although not a multi-media powerhouse. For obvious reasons, since I should be working on tax returns, not watching videos.
                              Life is hard...and it's harder if you're stupid

Comment

Originally posted by keshou
                                Hmm....well I'm at work on what I'd consider a "high-end PC" running on Windows XP, although not a multi-media powerhouse. For obvious reasons, since I should be working on tax returns, not watching videos.
                                Hmm, okay, then it's not 'high end' that's the problem, at least for you. Of course, some work places block stuff but usually that's pretty obvious. I don't think the scifi site says "This site is best viewed with.... fill in name of Quicktime or Real Player".

Comment

Working...
                                X