X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beware! Anti-Mitchell post ahead...

Here goes nothing....

What's worse? A rating-magnet rookie like this Cameron Mitchell or the fact that he is the front man in the new 10th season group photo? Well, it sure as hell not because of his one-liners....

I mean, how the hell does a character reaches the same rank that Carter struggled to achieve since day one in just one season? Is it just by being a quick substitute and trying fitting larger shoes than his (RDA)? The hell with Carter (Girl power? no such thing), the hell with Jackson (he's just another geek and better off in the library studying).

Something about studios in general bugs me. The fact that they slap viewers in the face and think "rating! rating! rating!". They cancelled Babylon 5 Crusade; They cancelled Angel on top of his game; They smooth-talk us with Smallville's ongoing agony and "hero's dillemma"; and best of all, they cancelled a pre-premiered show called "Mercy Reef", about the teenage years of Aquaman.

But that's not what I've been meaning to talk about

For me, a season can't be complete without General Oneill and the ex-commanding officer aboard the Agamemnon (eh, sorry...Prometheus) Hammond. So I guess left-overs are fine. And like every good employee that gets a kick in the butt, Michael Shanks and Amanda Tapping get to be (again) sidekicks. and man, it's sucks.

So, they took in Brady (Crichton) from the Brady bunch (the Farscape crew) and gave him a tuscan Hammond-style role. Needless to say, it's exactly opposite to his role on Farscape, where he gets to be more lighten up. Better yet, lets get this new babe character "Vala" and completely tone her down. she's too noisy. Alas, they took two great Farscape characters and ensured their incoming demise. If not by rating, then by fans like me.

Meaning - they head-jump right into all the mess and try to spice up everybody's mood, sometimes at their own expense.

Finally, I'm looking forward to seeing the episodes where Jack is back, and hoping that maybe this is what Cameron Mitchell needs to really grow up with his character. A sort of "passing the torch" kinda thing. As for Vala, she sort of "passed the test" in season 9, but still has to prove her worth (Not the actress playing her, mind you )

Thanks for reading this far
    Last edited by nick_fury; 09 July 2006, 01:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cameron Mitchel
      I agree.

And from everything weve seen, Mitchell was Lt Colonel in Lost City and Carter got promoted after that. So, in all likely hood, Mitchell still should be in lead, even though he never gives a final say so. Mitchell has the right to be leading SG-1, Carter joined SG-1 under Mitchell, even though originally Mitchell would join Carter, Daniel and Tealc. And yes, Mitchell does listen to Carter and Tealc and Daniel before doing something. And dont bring up Stronghold any one,like in another Carter vs Mitchell thread, because Mitchell didnt have to listen to anything Carter said about waiting for backup, because he was her same rank and he was CO of SG-1.

Mitchell DID need to listen to Carter in Stronghold because she was the leader of that particular mission. Mitchell was never in on any of the meetings prior to the attack. He had no business in doing what the heck he wanted to in this case. In this case, Carter WAS the leader.

Carter was fine as leader of SG-1 in season 8. Many fans wanted to see way more of Carter actually lead than she did. IMO, the writers have done a horrible job in trying to write the Mitchell character as the leader. That is why you see so many threads about this, even after a whole season.

Comment

Originally posted by nick_fury

Here goes nothing....

What's worse? A rating-magnet rookie like this Cameron Mitchell or the fact that he is the front man in the new 10th season group photo? Well, it sure as hell not because of his one-liners....

I mean, how the hell does a character reaches the same rank that Carter struggled to achieve since day one in just one season? Is it just by being a quick substitute and trying fitting larger shoes than his (RDA)? The hell with Carter (Girl power? no such thing), the hell with Jackson (he's just another geek and better off in the library studying).

Something about studios in general bugs me. The fact that they slap viewers in the face and think "rating! rating! rating!". They cancelled Babylon 5 Crusade; They cancelled Angel on top of his game; They smooth-talk us with Smallville ongoing agony and "hero's dillemma"; and best of all, they cancelled a pre-premiered show called "Mercy Reef", about the teenage years of Aquaman.

For me, a season can't be complete without General Oneill and the ex-commanding officer aboard the Agamemnon (eh, sorry...Prometheus) Hammond. So I guess left-overs are fine. And like every good employee that gets a kick in the butt, Michael Shanks and Amanda Tapping get to be (again) sidekicks. and man, it's sucks.

So, they took in Brady (Crichton) from the Brady bunch (the Farscape crew) and gave him a tuscan Hammond-style role. Needless to say, it's exactly opposite to his role on Farscape, where he gets to be more lighten up. Better yet, lets get this new babe character "Vala" and completely tone her down. she's too noisy. Alas, they took two great Farscape characters and ensured their incoming demise. If not by rating, then by fans like me.

Meaning - they head-jump right into all the mess and try to spice up everybody's mood, sometimes at their own expense.

Finally, I'm looking forward to seeing the episodes where Jack is back, and hoping that maybe this is what Cameron Mitchell needs to really grow up with his character. A sort of "passing the torch" kinda thing.

*applauds*

and you're getting a green!

sally
        sally

sigpic

Comment

Here goes nothing....

Something about studios in general bugs me. The fact that they slap viewers in the face and think "rating! rating! rating!". They cancelled Babylon 5 Crusade; They cancelled Angel on top of his game; They smooth-talk us with Smallville ongoing agony and "hero's dillemma"; and best of all, they cancelled a pre-premiered show called "Mercy Reef", about the teenage years of Aquaman.

Finally, I'm looking forward to seeing the episodes where Jack is back, and hoping that maybe this is what Cameron Mitchell needs to really grow up with his character. A sort of "passing the torch" kinda thing.

That deserves green.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Here goes nothing....

Is this the only thing you know how to say? Can you not say something different in the several threads you have already posted this exact cut and paste job in?? Including the pro-Mitchell threads???

Others may think you are hot stuff and *green* you for not having an original thought, I don't. Actually, this same post over and over is rather annoying. Which I think is what you intend, especially in the pro-Mitchell thread you copy and pasted this in.

Comment

Originally posted by chocdoc
              Mitchell DID need to listen to Carter in Stronghold because she was the leader of that particular mission. Mitchell was never in on any of the meetings prior to the attack. He had no business in doing what the heck he wanted to in this case. In this case, Carter WAS the leader.

Carter was fine as leader of SG-1 in season 8. Many fans wanted to see way more of Carter actually lead than she did. IMO, the writers have done a horrible job in trying to write the Mitchell character as the leader. That is why you see so many threads about this, even after a whole season.
              Mitchell taking command is one of the very few times that TPTB actually did follow the military aspects they claim they follow.
              But onto this particular episode that everyone seems to spew about..
              Had Carter actually been the SG1 team leader at this point, I would have relieved her of command after that Charlie Foxtrot so-called rescue mission. That thing was messed up from the beginning, before they even went through the gate.

And, if we are going to get into Mitchell and his *breaking military regs*, O'Neill violated more regs in the very first episode than Mitchell has throughout season 9, but people seem to want to forget or justify his doing so. In Children of the Gods, I would have had his sorry butt up on charges and court-martialed.

Comment

Originally posted by SylvreWolfe
                Mitchell taking command is one of the very few times that TPTB actually did follow the military aspects they claim they follow.
                Had Carter actually been the SG1 team leader at this point, I would have relieved her of command after that Charlie Foxtrot so-called rescue mission. That thing was messed up from the beginning, before they even went through the gate.

And, if we are going to get into Mitchell and his *breaking military regs*, O'Neill violated more regs in the very first episode than Mitchell has throughout season 9, but people seem to want to forget or justify his doing so. In Children of the Gods, I would have had his sorry butt up on charges and court-martialed.
                you like mitchell and want him to lead.

i like sam and want her to lead.

never the twain shall meet.

sally
                sally

sigpic

Comment

Here goes nothing....

Hallelujah, amen and pass the mashed potatoes.

I feel the same, my friend. Here's some GREEN for you!

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by chocdoc
                    Yeah, like no one's ever disobeyed orders on this show before.

Besides, IMO, if Mitchell hadn't acted when he did, the rescue team may have been in serious jeopardy. They were already getting pinned down. Besides, if they had taken their time, the ship may have left with Teal'c. Leaving us with a failed rescue attempt.
                    sigpic
                    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                    "...phu...ah..."
                    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

There's a point to your saying, to an extent. The fact that the people in charge, wether it would be Mitchell or O'neill, often break military regulations, its because they are seeing the bigger picture than what they were ordered to do. That is what makes people human, after all. The good of the team comes first.

BTW, if you want a show that is completely devoid of "breaking military regs", switch to reality channell. This is Sci-fi, and i'm sure the writers got 8 years of experience working close with military advisement. In the end, better judgement is always best than strict rules.
                      Last edited by nick_fury; 09 July 2006, 04:35 AM.

Comment

Is this the only thing you know how to say? Can you not say something different in the several threads you have already posted this exact cut and paste job in?? Including the pro-Mitchell threads???

Others may think you are hot stuff and *green* you for not having an original thought, I don't. Actually, this same post over and over is rather annoying. Which I think is what you intend, especially in the pro-Mitchell thread you copy and pasted this in.

Ha ha don't be so bitter I hate his post just as much as the next pro Mitchell fan. However that is no reason to lose our own pride. He knows that he is pushing the same act all around town and obviously it doesn't bother him so I say let him have his milk and cookies.
                        sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X