This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Morbo
    I've never subscribed to any threads at all.
    that's the point hehe.
    The forum default is to automatically subscribe to any thread in which you reply, and any thread that you start.
    Originally posted by Morbo
    and the question was overlooked and unanswered - what was i supposed to do
    Be patient.
    Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

i'm c/p teelie's response because it's a good one

Quote:
      Originally Posted by Luz
      A question, i logged into the forum from another computer, and then forgot to log out, so now i'm logged on that computer until i go to that computer and log out from there?. It doesn't matter if i log in and out from any other computer, that computer is logged in until i physicaly log out there?.
      I'm just a little worried, i shouldn't because i'm sure whoever sits there (it's a computer at my university) won't even know what GW is, or even speak enlgish, but still it worries me a little that someone could use my GW ID from that computer *headdesk*.

Simple solution to this: Change the password on your account on the computer that you're on primarily (the one I assume you're on right now). That will force the other computer to log out your account if it tries to visit here again. The old password will no longer be valid on your account.

____

but i'm also going to remind folks that this thread is for the MODS to answer questions. If you are an average poster and you know the answer, the appropriate thing to do is to PM that person with your response.
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Can this thread be moved please. It's incredibly OT.

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...ewpost&t=28792
        http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by rarocks24
          Can this thread be moved please. It's incredibly OT.

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...ewpost&t=28792
          This is a request for action...not information. From now on, please use the "Report Post" feature for requests for action.

Comment

Hi! This is my first time in a Gateworld Forum!
            Is this it? This is how I post messages?
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon_06
              Hi! This is my first time in a Gateworld Forum!
              Is this it? This is how I post messages?
              So it would seem.

Comment

After running many, many searches, I have found that there is no thread for Star Trek fan fiction, and would like to create one. Should I put it in the Star Trek or Fan Fiction section?

Member of W.A.S.P. ~ My Fan Fiction ~MySpace ~ Thanks to *E*K*R* for the sig!

Comment

mmhm, i'm gonna say - for hte time being anyway - keep it in the star trek area

and, as with any recc'd fic, please be sure to include any warnings that people need to know

sigpic

Comment

I don't remember how I got this done last time, but I would like to have a thread name changed again.

It was the If Teal'c was a Fruit Tournament, we are moving on to Sam now that Daniel, Jack and Teal'c are finished.

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=25103

I would like for it to be If Sam was a Fruit Tournament now.

Please and Thank You.

(If I didn't request this right, someone please let me know )

Comment

Originally posted by off-world
                      I don't remember how I got this done last time, but I would like to have a thread name changed again.

It was the If Teal'c was a Fruit Tournament, we are moving on to Sam now that Daniel, Jack and Teal'c are finished.

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=25103

I would like for it to be If Sam was a Fruit Tournament now.

Please and Thank You.

(If I didn't request this right, someone please let me know )
                      changed

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Capt.Mal Reynolds
                        ok i have a little probelm i posted in the alphasite forums (yahoo groups) and now i am getting emails from there all the time is there a way to stop this?
                        If you go to *Your Account* and then edit your Yahoo Groups you can tell it not to send you emails from the list.

I have mine set to only send me an email if Darren posts an announcement. So you have a number of choices there
                        Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Hi, thought I would give you the heads up, the lastest Doctor Who episode is about to air, so if someone could bring out the "Age Of Steel" thread in the Season 28 folder that'd be great. Thanks

- Ptah/Danny
                          Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
                          - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

Originally posted by PtahTheCreationGod
                            Hi, thought I would give you the heads up, the lastest Doctor Who episode is about to air, so if someone could bring out the "Age Of Steel" thread in the Season 28 folder that'd be great. Thanks

- Ptah/Danny
                            opened

sigpic

Comment

mmhm, either i guess

the nice thing about the report post feature is that it leads us right back to the thread with a link so we don't have to go looking for it

sigpic

Comment

Hey, did something weird just happen with the forum database? I went from 1001 (or 1002) posts to 872! I looked at a couple of other people's post counts, and theirs were low too.

Comment

Working...
                                X