Joe Flanigan/John Sheppard Thunk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Freyja
    Thank you for saying this. The same thing annoyed me, too, and I just didn't dare to say anything.

I also have a suggestion which is copied from the Torri/Weir-Central-Thread:
    We have now these new spoiler tags. Maybe we could put pictures, especially the big-sized, in these tags, so the loading times will be shorten.

So, for example:
    Spoiler:
    Yeah, that seems to be a big problem. X thing is pissing me off, but I daren't say anything for fear of getting my ears chewed off.

I'm used to getting them nibbled on now...

Using the spoiler tags like a cut on LJ would be cool...one pic outside...rest under. However, not sure how it works in all honesty, or if the pics are still preloaded...

~*Beanie*~ | No mountain too high, no gutter too low... | Ar scáth a chéile a mhairimid uilig...
    "It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt."

Comment

Something which I can't believe that I forgot was this, removing the [IMG] tags from quotes from other thukers posts will help, the image will appears as a URL and thus is less annoying especially when 5 or more caps are quoted.

Comment

Originally posted by S.G.C
        *Makes note on list of things to do*It's a long way down

If we all take more care over how much we post, in terms of caps, we the thunkers of this thread will be able to make this a place for all thunkers to have fun. So if that means URLing and putting caps in spoiler tags then so be it, if it means we don't lose members who are fed up with loading times.

Spoiler:
        My words. I think when the loading times are more human, we won't loose members which have problems with the pictures, and we'll get more new thunkers who were deterred by the time it takes to visit this thread until now.

Your right, we could also remove the img-tags instead posting pictures in spoiler tags. That's also a possibility how we could make the loading times more short.

Comment

My words. I think when the loading times are more human, we won't loose members which have problems with the pictures, and we'll get more new thunkers who were deterred by the time it takes to visit this thread until now.

Your right, we could also remove the img-tags instead posting pictures in spoiler tags. That's also a possibility how we could make the loading times more short.
          There are so many things that could be done, but it takes one new memeber to go round posting one cap per post and quoting images to undo everything.

Comment

As SGC said, people seem to have forgotten that you shouldn't quote [img] tags either...all quoted images should be converted to urls, or, if you really want to quote a comic strip, link back to the original post by getting the address to it from the post number in the top right corner of each post...

~*Beanie*~ | No mountain too high, no gutter too low... | Ar scáth a chéile a mhairimid uilig...
            "It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt."

Comment

There are so many things that could be done, but it takes one new memeber to go round posting one cap per post and quoting images to undo everything.
              I don't think this. If every member of this thread does these things, all new ones have role models, and if they don't use spiler tags etc. we can advise them.

As SGC said, people seem to have forgotten that you shouldn't quote [img] tags either...
              Indeed. That is something I wonder about: It isn't so long ago when the mods came here and reproved us for using IMG-tags in quotations.

Comment

Maybe when new memebers start posting in JFT then we send them a PM telling them some important thigs that they need to remember to keep the thread fun for all, in it talks about the use of large images and [IMG] tags within quotes.

Comment

Maybe when new memebers start posting in JFT then we send them a PM telling them some important thigs that they need to remember to keep the thread fun for all, in it talks about the use of large images and [IMG] tags within quotes.
                  Sounds like a good idea...

Comment

Originally posted by knocknashee
                    Sounds like a good idea...
                    Good to get approval, I will start to work on something
                    Last edited by Stricken; 25 March 2006, 03:27 AM.

Comment

Indeed a good idea! But it should always be the same person who sends the PMs, so that new members don't receive a PM from every member of the thread
                      It should be someone who is here very often, so notices every new person who enters.

Comment

I would be willing to do it, I have periods of several days where I am able to be on here constantly

Comment

Hi all!

Congrats to all who passed milestone posts and hi to all noobies!!

I thought it was just 'cos I had dial-up that the pages were loading so slowly. Seems those on 'whizzy' net have been having probs to!

Glad to know Joe likes his Stella!! Excellent choice!!

Comment

Hi, I know I am mostly a lurker, but I just want to say that I think finding ways of cutting down on the amount of images in the thread is a great idea. As much as I like looking at the lovely pics I'm one of the few who is still on a dial-up connection, and yes, I do feel like a technological dinosaur, but unfortunately I live in the middle of nowhere and for some of us in the countryside high speed internet connections are still science fiction.

I'm sure you can all imagine how incredibly slow this and most of the other threads on the board are for me. Faster loading times would certainly encourage me to visit more often.

Comment

Originally posted by Josie
                              Hi, I know I am mostly a lurker, but I just want to say that I think finding ways of cutting down on the amount of images in the thread is a great idea. As much as I like looking at the lovely pics I'm one of the few who is still on a dial-up connection, and yes, I do feel like a technological dinosaur, but unfortunately I live in the middle of nowhere and for some of us in the countryside high speed internet connections are still science fiction.

I'm sure you can all imagine how incredibly slow this and most of the other threads on the board are for me. Faster loading times would certainly encourage me to visit more often.
                              Hey, I have a quite fast DSL connection (does this exist in Britain, too?) and nevertheless I have to wait over a minute sometimes until the page has loaded. For you this must be horror, because with dial-up it must be much slower.
                              I hope, when everyone tries to short the loading times, you'll be able to visit us more often

SGC - Well, I think you would make your job good! You have my vote!

Comment

Originally posted by Josie
                                As much as I like looking at the lovely pics I'm one of the few who is still on a dial-up connection, and yes, I do feel like a technological dinosaur, but unfortunately I live in the middle of nowhere and for some of us in the countryside high speed internet connections are still science fiction.
                                I'm not the only one! GW takes a long time to load for me too.
                                Of course I'm just about to undo all that by posting 3 large pictures but the two biggest are behind the cut.
                                Normally if you wait for the rest of the post to load first then click the spoiler button, the pictures appear instantly.

Random pictures I already have in my account:

I like the fact that while everyone else is looking worried/confused, Sheppards looking determined/heroic!

Spoiler:

Scary, scary Wraith Queen.

One of the first Atlantis wallpapers I made.

Comment

Working...
                                X