This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Token
    Yeah, the first thing I thought was, "Did OzGirl just say, 'sufficiently lubricated'?" LOL. I'm just gonna leave it at that.
    I do feel lubricated since that stuff was probably battery acid in the first place!

Comment

Originally posted by bcmilco
      Well in the interview AT did with IGN she said that where as in the first season 20% of Sam was Amanda now it's more like 80%. Make of that what you will

The interview wasn't too bad. Though the first "question" is about the bf arc, there were a few comments I rolled my eyes at, and she did mention the stupid "Black Widow Carter" thing and she said the fans started it. And for the writers et al to take it seriously is very irksome to me. I've kept quiet the last few times they've mentioned the Black Widow Curse but I think I feel another rant coming on...

After that the article was very light, and resfreshing.

IGN interview:
      http://filmforce.ign.com/articles/529/529028p1.html
      Rant away if you haven't already! It's not good to keep that stuff bottled up!

Comment

Originally posted by ra-hanna
        Read the article and I'm new to the stargate world as well. A positive spin? Maybe having Pete around will kick Jack's arse into gear and he'll make a move. I want to see Jack and Sam act on things (why else would I read this thread) but I have to say, I agree w/ Tapping, if Carter was left pining for jack, it would be out of character. So, I'm hoping that Pete is just a phase till the Colonel retires again. I'm waiting for that defining moment when she realizes Pete is just that (a temp) and goes back to jack and they don't just fess up to their emotions, they act on them.
        Welcome Goshengirl, ra-hanna, and astronomicalchick!

Ya got it in one ra-hanna!

Comment

Shipper Family! It's time to Gear Up!

Here is your SG1 premiere check list.

Get rid of all distractions!
          Put the kids to bed (no matter how old they are), feed/walk the pets, turn the ringer off the phone, put a sign on your door that reads, "GO AWAY!!! This Means You! Stargate Night! If you disregard this notice I will zat you 3 times!"

You must have:
          1. a nice beverage (huge vat) of your choice

2. a nice snack of your choice
          perhaps chocolate or cake ...chocolate cake!
          or popcorn. chocolate popcorn?

3. sole access to the computer for the rest of the night

As you know, the one we do not name will be making an appearance tonight. You must take the proper precautions! The following are essential to shipper health:

4. special shipper protective glasses
          these will shield your sensitive eyes from permanent damage at the sight of

5. shipper helmet
          in case you do this (or -- if we're lucky-- this , if we get some good ship )

6. shipper cookies!
          remember the axiom: when stuPit makes you SAD (seasonal affective disorder) have cookies NEAR (Naquedah Enhanced Anti-Ranting)
          Failure to use Pit deflective gear can result in serious injury. Learn from their mistake!

Did I forget anything?

Have a great show everyone!!! See ya back here for the discussion afterwards.

ship sistah

ship = , no ship = , AU Martouf =

Comment

Originally posted by sacme
            OMG, shoot me! Damn them, why, WHY, WHY did they cut that out! That scene ended up feeling so flat-- now we know why. There should have been a kiss there! This actually doesn't make me feel better, Token. I'm feeling jipped. They keep cutting out what we want to see and give us instead. This season better be different.

ship sistah
            Well I am way behind on this thread but I am gonna post as I go so please forgive me if something has already been said.

In answer to your frustration at least we know for sure what Sam was gonna say to Jack since there was supposed to be a kiss. I'm certain now that she was gonna say those three little sweet words.
            Ship Nana

Comment

Wow, look at premiere night bringing lurkers out into the open! Welcome newbies and enjoy the shipper sun! See, the sun has it's protective eye gear on, too.

ship sistah

ship = , no ship = , AU Martouf =

Comment

Originally posted by fUrLiNgS_r_CaTz
                hi evry1 this is my first evr post!!! well i personally think j/s should get together in like a 2 hour series finale, like he proposes or sumthin like that ok well cant wait for comments!!

Peace love happiness>>>all found in NEVADA!!!
                Welcome!!!
                Ship Nana

Comment

One other esential piece of equipment needed for anyone coming online to talk about "New Order" is spoiler space! (feel free to use mine ):

Spoiler Space s8 "New Order"

~BCM =)

Open Source Initiative (OSI)
                  The GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program

Comment

Thanks for the welcome, I knew it would help to start posting in here I don't think I could stand the suspense of the new season otherwise!

I have my snacks and beverage of choice (white wine) all set aside for this evening, and the hubby has been warned that the TV will be tuned to Sci-fi from 8-11 (and heck, 2010 is on at 6) and he can either watch it with me or go elsewhere. He's not a fan, though I have been working on him.

I am new to this fandom but I was very involved with X-files and Star Trek in the past so I know the shippy road is never a smooth one, but sheesh, I'm getting permanent scars from being bounced around on this one! Sometimes I wonder why I do it to myself, but I keep coming back. I think I'm a shipperaholic!

Keep the positive thoughts coming and enjoy the premiere!

Comment

Ok no time to catch up as I want to post this right away. My son, not yet a stargate convert, but one who knows how crazy I am about the show, emailed this article to me and of course I want to share it with The Family. So here it is. I think it sounds really good for Ship.

Spoilers for Season 8

I found this story on tvguide.com about the new season…I thought maybe you would like to read it.

Follow the Leader
                      Stargate SG-1
                      (9 pm/ET, SCIFI)

"Hey! Teal'c has hair!

Stargate SG-1's resident alien (Christopher Judge) has outgrown his Kojak look and has opted for a hipper image in the two-hour eighth-season opener. And at the risk of incurring the wrath of its legion of fans, it's a makeover that's long overdue.

The Stargate devoted have littered the Web with tribute sites in French, Nordic, Russian, German — and even English. Criticizing the series could easily result in an international — or interstellar — incident. The fans' loyalty may seem excessive, even obsessive, but I can relate. My friends can't get me to shut up about the Yardbirds, let alone Monty Python. So who am I to judge the SG-1 faithful? This column is not about the fans; it's about the show.

Tonight's episode is titled "New Order" and it picks up where last season's finale left off. O'Neill (Richard Dean Anderson) was cryogenically frozen in the aftermath of the team's epic dust-up with Anubis over the fate of the Earth. Dr. Elizabeth Weir (Torri Higginson) has replaced rock-steady Gen. Hammond (Don S. Davis) as head of Stargate Command. The absence of O'Neill reduces the team to Teal'c, archeologist Daniel Jackson (Michael Shanks) and Samantha Carter (Amanda Tapping), who takes over as leader.

Obviously, the first order of business is to find O'Neill, but Weir does not want to risk SG-1 on what could turn out to be a wild goose chase. Carter's determination quickly wins Weir over, but there's a catch — Daniel must stay behind.

It turns out to be a shrewd move. Shortly after Carter and Teal'c embark on a quest to enlist the aid of an O'Neill ally, a party of Goa'uld System Lords contacts Stargate headquarters with an offer. Weir and Jackson are wary of their parasitical foes — particularly when they adopt a conciliatory tone and inject words like "deal" and "alliance" into the conversation.

In the meantime, Carter and Teal'c catch up with O'Neill's friend Thor just in time to help defend his vessel from a swarm of Replicators — insect-like robots programmed to destroy Thor's planet, Asgard. But their target isn't Thor — it's Carter.

The hallmark of Stargate SG-1 has always been consistency. Basically, the unit is made up of science-fiction archetypes. O'Neill is the irreverent leader, Teal'c the stoic alien, Jackson the romantic idealist and Carter the sexy, sensitive tomboy. But after seven years, consistency has morphed into tedium with the possible exception of the sudden death of Dr. Frazier (Teryl Rothery) in last year's finale.

Happily, tonight's show is full of surprises. The departure of Davis's Gen. Hammond, coupled with the transfer of Higginson's Weir to the spin-off Stargate Atlantis necessitates several changes within SG-1 that radically alter the dynamic among the characters. Although Davis's departure could leave the gang without an anchor, a superior replacement isn't out of the question.

However, the best part of this story is Tapping, who easily outclasses her castmates. She single-handedly elevates the episode from curious to riveting in a wrenching scene that puts Carter at the mercy of a vengeful captor.

There's no denying that Stargate SG-1 has captured the hearts of millions, but let's face facts: This cult series is, at best, an acquired taste. Now, I don't begrudge anyone for wanting to gobble up this gumbo of stock characters, esoteric argot and escapism. At the same time, don't hold it against me if I pass on the meal. — G.J. Donnelly"

Woohoo everyone. Sounds like there is some real Sam angst tonight about trying to help Jack. And who knows what else we will see.

Just thought you'd like to read the article.

Love to you all.

Your Ship Nana
                      Ship Nana

Comment

Just read a review of tonight's show which has been in the house for a week but I overlooked it, not really spoiler but..
                        *The reviewer, who is not very familiar with SG but seems to have read up on it, says the show is hurting with Jack sitting out the first hour (being frozen), but his dry wit gives a boost to the earnest, plodding second hour. My comment: SG needs Jack!

Comment

Originally posted by Goshengirl
                          Thanks for the welcome, I knew it would help to start posting in here I don't think I could stand the suspense of the new season otherwise!

I have my snacks and beverage of choice (white wine) all set aside for this evening, and the hubby has been warned that the TV will be tuned to Sci-fi from 8-11 (and heck, 2010 is on at 6) and he can either watch it with me or go elsewhere. He's not a fan, though I have been working on him.

I am new to this fandom but I was very involved with X-files and Star Trek in the past so I know the shippy road is never a smooth one, but sheesh, I'm getting permanent scars from being bounced around on this one! Sometimes I wonder why I do it to myself, but I keep coming back. I think I'm a shipperaholic!

Keep the positive thoughts coming and enjoy the premiere!

Welcome from me tooo!!!

Oh and don't forget your shipper cookies. Take the whole assortment as you don't want to be short of the right ones if you need them.
                          Ship Nana

Comment

Originally posted by sacme
                            Shipper Family! It's time to Gear Up!

Here is your SG1 premiere check list.

Get rid of all distractions!
                            Put the kids to bed (no matter how old they are), feed/walk the pets, turn the ringer off the phone, put a sign on your door that reads, "GO AWAY!!! This Means You! Stargate Night! If you disregard this notice I will zat you 3 times!"

You must have:
                            1. a nice beverage (huge vat) of your choice

2. a nice snack of your choice
                            perhaps chocolate or cake ...chocolate cake!
                            or popcorn. chocolate popcorn?

3. sole access to the computer for the rest of the night

As you know, the one we do not name will be making an appearance tonight. You must take the proper precautions! The following are essential to shipper health:

4. special shipper protective glasses
                            these will shield your sensitive eyes from permanent damage at the sight of

5. shipper helmet
                            in case you do this (or -- if we're lucky-- this , if we get some good ship )

6. shipper cookies!
                            remember the axiom: when stuPit makes you SAD (seasonal affective disorder) have cookies NEAR (Naquedah Enhanced Anti-Ranting)
                            Failure to use Pit deflective gear can result in serious injury. Learn from their mistake!

Did I forget anything?

Have a great show everyone!!! See ya back here for the discussion afterwards.

ship sistah

Thanks for the list. I think I have everything now.

The wine glass is out and ready to be filled. The popcorn is ready to be popped and Oh yes my sign to GO AWAY is made. I signed it "Love Mom".
                            Ship Nana

Comment

Originally posted by Ship Nana
                              Ok no time to catch up as I want to post this right away. My son, not yet a stargate convert, but one who knows how crazy I am about the show, emailed this article to me and of course I want to share it with The Family. So here it is. I think it sounds really good for Ship.

Spoilers for Season 8

I found this story on tvguide.com about the new season…I thought maybe you would like to read it.

Follow the Leader
                              Stargate SG-1
                              (9 pm/ET, SCIFI)

"Hey! Teal'c has hair!

Stargate SG-1's resident alien (Christopher Judge) has outgrown his Kojak look and has opted for a hipper image in the two-hour eighth-season opener. And at the risk of incurring the wrath of its legion of fans, it's a makeover that's long overdue.

The Stargate devoted have littered the Web with tribute sites in French, Nordic, Russian, German — and even English. Criticizing the series could easily result in an international — or interstellar — incident. The fans' loyalty may seem excessive, even obsessive, but I can relate. My friends can't get me to shut up about the Yardbirds, let alone Monty Python. So who am I to judge the SG-1 faithful? This column is not about the fans; it's about the show.

Tonight's episode is titled "New Order" and it picks up where last season's finale left off. O'Neill (Richard Dean Anderson) was cryogenically frozen in the aftermath of the team's epic dust-up with Anubis over the fate of the Earth. Dr. Elizabeth Weir (Torri Higginson) has replaced rock-steady Gen. Hammond (Don S. Davis) as head of Stargate Command. The absence of O'Neill reduces the team to Teal'c, archeologist Daniel Jackson (Michael Shanks) and Samantha Carter (Amanda Tapping), who takes over as leader.

Obviously, the first order of business is to find O'Neill, but Weir does not want to risk SG-1 on what could turn out to be a wild goose chase. Carter's determination quickly wins Weir over, but there's a catch — Daniel must stay behind.

It turns out to be a shrewd move. Shortly after Carter and Teal'c embark on a quest to enlist the aid of an O'Neill ally, a party of Goa'uld System Lords contacts Stargate headquarters with an offer. Weir and Jackson are wary of their parasitical foes — particularly when they adopt a conciliatory tone and inject words like "deal" and "alliance" into the conversation.

In the meantime, Carter and Teal'c catch up with O'Neill's friend Thor just in time to help defend his vessel from a swarm of Replicators — insect-like robots programmed to destroy Thor's planet, Asgard. But their target isn't Thor — it's Carter.

The hallmark of Stargate SG-1 has always been consistency. Basically, the unit is made up of science-fiction archetypes. O'Neill is the irreverent leader, Teal'c the stoic alien, Jackson the romantic idealist and Carter the sexy, sensitive tomboy. But after seven years, consistency has morphed into tedium with the possible exception of the sudden death of Dr. Frazier (Teryl Rothery) in last year's finale.

Happily, tonight's show is full of surprises. The departure of Davis's Gen. Hammond, coupled with the transfer of Higginson's Weir to the spin-off Stargate Atlantis necessitates several changes within SG-1 that radically alter the dynamic among the characters. Although Davis's departure could leave the gang without an anchor, a superior replacement isn't out of the question.

However, the best part of this story is Tapping, who easily outclasses her castmates. She single-handedly elevates the episode from curious to riveting in a wrenching scene that puts Carter at the mercy of a vengeful captor.

There's no denying that Stargate SG-1 has captured the hearts of millions, but let's face facts: This cult series is, at best, an acquired taste. Now, I don't begrudge anyone for wanting to gobble up this gumbo of stock characters, esoteric argot and escapism. At the same time, don't hold it against me if I pass on the meal. — G.J. Donnelly"

Woohoo everyone. Sounds like there is some real Sam angst tonight about trying to help Jack. And who knows what else we will see.

Just thought you'd like to read the article.

Love to you all.

Your Ship Nana
                              I must keep expectations low. Must keep expectations low. I really don't wan't to be disapointed, especially after the way they ended The Lost City.
                              ~BCM =)

Open Source Initiative (OSI)
                              The GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program

Comment

Originally posted by Ship Nana
                                Welcome from me tooo!!!

Oh and don't forget your shipper cookies. Take the whole assortment as you don't want to be short of the right ones if you need them.
                                And also have some of that shipper moonshine (battery acid?) that OzGirl and Tame cooked up. Be careful, that stuff is also used for generating hyperspace windows. So if you drink it, you may cause subspace anomalies to form around you!

Comment

Working...
                                X