This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DHD and Stargate History Questions

I have all 8 seasons on DVD but I have not been taking notes, so I have a few questions about the history of the Stargate and DHD activity in the 20th Century.

Okay, let me get this straight, there were two Stargates and two DHDs on Earth?

One DHD was found by Germans in Giza before WWII and it was taken back to Germany and kept in Berlin.
    When the Russians won the Battle of Berlin they got the DHD and took it back to Russia.
    The Russians then gave it to the USA recently and it was destroyed.

The Stargate associated with that DHD was found in Egypt and taken back to the USA before WWII. The Americans experimented with it briefly near the end of WWII and got it to work and one man went into the gate.

The American Stargate then was stored until recently when the Stargate program was revived.
    That Stargate was dropped into the Atlantic Ocean and the Russians recovered it and used it for their own Stargate with the German DHD until they gave their DHD to the Americans.

A second Stargate and DHD were found in Antarctica.
    The DHD was broken.
    The Stargate replaced the one the Americans lost to the Atlantic Ocean.

So there are two Stargates on Earth and one broken DHD.
    The Russians have one that they don't use and the Americans have one they use without a DHD.

Is this time line correct?
    Please correct me where I am wrong.

I also have some questions:

How did the Germans get a DHD but not get the Stargate?
    What were Germans doing in British Giza before WWII?
    What were the Germans doing with a DHD during WWII?
    If the Germans were not doing anything with it, why would the Russians have taken it after the war?

Is there more information about the American Stargate use in WWII?

What were the Russians doing with the German DHD after WWII?

What are the Russians doing with their Stargate?
    What happened to the broken DHD in Antarctica?

You are almost there, you are missing a few things.

At the beginning of Season 6, the Antartic Gate that the SGC had been using blew up after Anubis overloaded it with an energy weapon. So as of now, the SGC has the original Eqyptian gate in their possesion on rent from Russia.

As for the Antartic DHD, Carter said that by the time they got ahold of it that the batteries were drained. It was one of the oldest DHDs in the system, used an older and shorter-lasting enegry source. I think the last time it had enough juice to open the gate was when the Rouge-NID used it to escape.

And finally the Egyptian DHD. I figure that it was burried at a different location than the gate, since the Germans found it and not the gate. Ra could have kept the DHD in a private location when he was on Earth so he knew no one could have access to it and use it. After the rebellion and the burial of the gate, Ra left, the Egyptians found then buried the DHD. Or maybe they believed as long as the control was far, far away from the gate that no evil would have a chance to return, like taking a battery out of a device and then it will no longer work. Until TPTB say how, we can only speculate. I don't expect them to explain it unless it becomes important to the story of an episode.

Hope that clears up a few things.

Steve

Comment

Stargate History!

I will write this in order of the events, as the best that I can remember.

The Stargate, Giza Gate, is found in Giza by Dr.Langford and his team in 1928(Stargate the Movie), apparently at the same time the DHD for this Gate are taken by the Germans. When the Russians won the Battle of Berlin they found the DHD and took it back to Russia (Watergate)

The Giza Gate was taken back to the USA before WWII. The Americans under Dr.Langford experimented with it briefly to see if it could be used against the Germans in the War to work and Ernest Littlefield went into the gate. (Torment of Tantalus)

The American Stargate then was stored until recently when the Stargate program was revived. (Stargate the Movie)

It is discontinued after it is believed that the only world that it can go to, Abydos, has been destroyed (Children of the Gods) the program is restarted after Apophis comes through and kills several members of the base and kidnaps another. It is revealed that Jack O'Neill disobeyed orders and killed Ra rather than destroy the Abydoian Gate. A cartouche is found when the of to Abydos where it is discovered that the Stargate can go to other places in the Galaxy once stellar drift is accounted for using the S.G.C's dialling computer. (Children of the Gods)

A second Stargate, Beta Gate, and DHD were found in Antarctica after Colonel O'Neill and Captain Carter were sent there. (Solitudes)
      The DHD had run out of power after a handful of combinations (The Fifth Race ) The DHD from the Beta Gate is the oldest in the Stargate Network, perhaps older than the Antarctic plate (Frozen)

The Beta Gate is used by the "Rouge Elements" of the NID to gain technologies from Earth's allies to defend Earth from Goa'uld attack. SG-1 use what happened before to help them find the Beta Gate, by overloading an off-world gate they send a MALP and pin point to which area of the Earth the Beta Gate is being held, with help from Hammond, SG-1 are able to recover the Gate, but the NID members escape using the Beta Gate DHD. The Beta Gate has a permanent iris put over it, which can only be removed with top level authorisation (Touchstone)

The Giza Gate was beamed out of the S.G.G and on to the doomed Beliskner (Nemesis) they bring the Beta Gate out of storage and place it in the S.G.C (Small Victories).

It is discovered that the Russians have a Stargate after the S.G.G is unable to create a wormhole. SG-1 discovers that the Russian Gate is actually the Giza gate they presumed was destroyed along with the Beliskner. Once the incident at the Russian base is sorted it is agreed that the Russians will bury the Giza Gate as long as the re allowed access to S.G.G files, technology required from off-world missions e.t.c (Watergate)

When Teal'c becomes trapped in the Stargate, the American Government must turn to the Russians in hope of saving him. The Giza Gate is dug up to allow teams to return and another to go to the Tok'ra to seek help in saving Teal'c. The Russians lend the Giza DHD to the USA and it is used to free Teal'c but it is destroyed after a power surge causes a feedback pulse (48 Hours)

NO WORKING DHD's ON EARTH

Anubis uses an Ancient Weapon which uses on Stargate to destroy another, in order to save the Earth they strap the Beta Gate to the X-302 and it explodes several light years away. The Giza Gate is brought back from the Russians providing they are allowed to continue their participation in the S.G.C as according to their agreement made in Watergate (Redemption)

The Giza Gate is beamed out of the S.G.C by the Trust who use it to launch Chemical attacks on Goa'uld occupied worlds killing thousands, the Gate is recovered and put back into the S.G.C where special jammers make sure that it cant be beamed out again (Endgame)

GIZA GATE BACK IN THE S.G.C

They may have been their spying and found it away from the Stargate
      Spying? We don’t really know
      Who knows, maybe they thought it was some fancy relic and the Germans who found it took a liking to it!
      If the Germans were not doing anything with it, why would the Russians have taken it after the war?
      Trophy or maybe it looked like a fancy Egyptian artefact and they took it with realising what it was!
      Not really, only what was seen in "Torment of Tantalus"
      Who knows??
      They no longer have one In the Current SG-1 Universe (S9)
      Most likely put in storage at Area 51, like in a room seen in "Point Of View"
      Last edited by Stricken; 27 December 2005, 12:48 AM.

Comment

I think S.G.C. got everything. Just some speculation here on my part...

Prior to and during World War II, there were many movements throughtout Egypt that sympathized with the Nazi's. Many of these organizations were in contact with german intelligence, and it is possible that they somehow smuggled it out of the county for the Germans. As to why and what they did with it, well probably the same reason we tinkered with the gate: hoping it was some kind of weapon. If it was smuggled out that would also explain why they only got the DHD - size. A DHD can be crated up and tossed in the back of a truck, but it would have been very difficult to get the gate out of there.

Comment

You may not know, but I wrote this once before and it was much shorter, it also helped to have watched 8 years one after the other!

Comment

Originally posted by S.G.C
            Stargate History!

The Stargate, Giza Gate, is found in Giza by Dr.Langford and his team in 1928(Stargate the Movie), apparently at the same time the DHD for this Gate are taken by the Germans. When the Russians won the Battle of Berlin they found the DHD and took it back to Russia (Watergate)

The Giza Gate was taken back to the USA before WWII. The Americans under Dr.Langford experimented with it briefly to see if it could be used against the Germans in the War to work and Ernest Littlefield went into the gate. (Torment of Tantalus)

The American Stargate then was stored until recently when the Stargate program was revived. (Stargate the Movie)

It is discontinued after it is believed that the only world that it can go to, Abydos, has been destroyed (Children of the Gods) the program is restarted after Apophis comes through and kills several members of the base and kidnaps another. It is revealed that Jack O'Neill disobeyed orders and killed Ra rather than destroy the Abydoian Gate. A cartouche is found when the of to Abydos where it is discovered that the Stargate can go to other places in the Galaxy once stellar drift is accounted for using the S.G.C's dialling computer. (Children of the Gods)

A second Stargate, Beta Gate, and DHD were found in Antarctica after Colonel O'Neill and Captain Carter were sent there. (Solitudes)
            The DHD had run out of power after a handful of combinations (The Fifth Race ) The DHD from the Beta Gate is the oldest in the Stargate Network, perhaps older than the Antarctic plate (Frozen)

The Beta Gate is used by the "Rouge Elements" of the NID to gain technologies from Earth's allies to defend Earth from Goa'uld attack. SG-1 use what happened before to help them find the Beta Gate, by overloading an off-world gate they send a MALP and pin point to which area of the Earth the Beta Gate is being held, with help from Hammond, SG-1 are able to recover the Gate, but the NID members escape using the Beta Gate DHD. The Beta Gate has a permanent iris put over it, which can only be removed with top level authorisation (Touchstone)

The Giza Gate was beamed out of the S.G.G and on to the doomed Beliskner (Nemesis) they bring the Beta Gate out of storage and place it in the S.G.C (Small Victories).

It is discovered that the Russians have a Stargate after the S.G.G is unable to create a wormhole. SG-1 discovers that the Russian Gate is actually the Giza gate they presumed was destroyed along with the Beliskner. Once the incident at the Russian base is sorted it is agreed that the Russians will bury the Giza Gate as long as the re allowed access to S.G.G files, technology required from off-world missions e.t.c (Watergate)

When Teal'c becomes trapped in the Stargate, the American Government must turn to the Russians in hope of saving him. The Giza Gate is dug up to allow teams to return and another to go to the Tok'ra to seek help in saving Teal'c. The Russians lend the Giza DHD to the USA and it is used to free Teal'c but it is destroyed after a power surge causes a feedback pulse (48 Hours)

Anubis uses an Ancient Weapon which uses on Stargate to destroy another, in order to save the Earth they strap the Beta Gate to the X-302 and it explodes several light years away. The Giza Gate is brought back from the Russians providing they are allowed to continue their participation in the S.G.C as according to their agreement made in Watergate (Redemption)

The Giza Gate is beamed out of the S.G.C by the Trust who use it to launch Chemical attacks on Goa'uld occupied worlds killing thousands, the Gate is recovered and put back into the S.G.C where special hammers make sure that it cant be beamed out again (Endgame)

GIZA GATE BACK IN THE S.G.G

Who knows, maybe they thought it was some fancy relic and the Germans who found it took a liking to it!
            Trophy or maybe it looked like a fancy Egyptian artefact and they took it with realising what it was!
            Who knows??
            i have not said it better myself
            carter "colone?"
            o'neill "it,s my side arm, i swear. no giggling."

Comment

now thats a ture gate head if u know all that info i 2 do have all of the season on dvd and i have almost every book on the topic of stargate lets just say its alot of reading boy or my eyes sleepy when i read that much
              carter "colone?"
              o'neill "it,s my side arm, i swear. no giggling."

Comment

On the Germans having the DHD: prior to the outbreak of WWII, the Nazis sent scores of archeologists around the globe in search of proof of Aryan supremacy or ancient artifacts capable of promoting the Nazis. This included hunts for the Ark of the Convenant, Noah's Ark, Atlantis by sending U-Boats to Antarctic, and digs in Egypt. it is concievable then that the Nazis found the DHD some distance away from the Stargate buried (nobody thought the gate would ever be reused and / or, as we learned from season 8's Moebius, the gate was buried to preserve the future). The Nazis, having no knowledge of the Stargate, probably abandoned research on the DHD. It laid dorment somewhere until 1945/46, when the Soviet army found it. Having no knowledge of the Stargate, they too abadoned it until the Egyptian Stargate crash landed in the ocean (Nemesis). Researchers used knowledge from Colonel Mayborne and put the DHD and Stargate together and used it until the episode Watergate.

At least this is my theory.

timdalton007

Comment

Anythings possible!

Comment

Originally posted by S.G.C
                    Stargate History!

The Giza Gate is beamed out of the S.G.C by the Trust who use it to launch Chemical attacks on Goa'uld occupied worlds killing thousands, the Gate is recovered and put back into the S.G.C where special hammers make sure that it cant be beamed out again (Endgame)

GIZA GATE BACK IN THE S.G.G

Who knows??
                    I can't believe how you answered all of those questions! You did a good job!

Comment

Working...
                    X