This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Seastallion
    It's not just old hat anymore, it's a fresh perspective that has been missing for a while. I still fondly remember Jonas Quinn smiling everytime he got to do something new... "Wait, wait for me..!" (Yes, I actually liked Jonas)
    Some people seem to be suffering from the 'Jonas Complex'
    gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
    so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
    love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by qasimjavid
      Some people seem to be suffering from the 'Jonas Complex'
      The what?
      I'm from Iowa, United States

Comment

Originally posted by Lt. Elliot
        I really like Colonel Mitchell. He is on his way to becoming my favorite character, as I really do not like the way Daniel's character has become.
        I don't see Daniel as having changed at all the way he was trying to get to know and convince the Doci. Of coruse, he could have shown emotion for Fannis, Harrid, and Sallis some more. But that's not what this thread is about, so back on topic.

I like Mitchell. Some of his lines could be from O'Neill, but you can't have two completely opposite senses of humor. And he indeed does take interest in much more.
        Beyond the Horizon Lies the Gateway to a New Galaxy
        Stargate Horizon, Co-Executive Producer
        Latest Episode: 4.06 - "Eden"
        Stargate Destiny, Fan
        Latest Episode: 1.20 - "Alliances, Part One"

Comment

I really like him!!

Especially his jokes or everything he said in "Avalon". He's funny! and he is a handsome guy I think (I'm a girl he he!! )

My blog : http://stargateguyz.blogtrafic.com

Comment

Originally posted by SG-1ssm
            The what?
            The Jonas complex is when somebody doesnt like a character just because they are replacing one they did like
            gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
            so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
            love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by Crichton
              I can't believe people are still questioning BB, it's Landry that's the problem!!

Mitchell's great-Landry needs some work/recasting...there, I said it.
              I know what you mean. There are some moments when Landry doesn't bother me and then others make me want to crawl out of my skin.

Spoiler:
              In "Avalon Pt 2" when there was implied Landry / Lam all I can say is ewwwwwww!

Comment

How can you not like the guy, he is fun, witty, smart, brave and still keeps a child like fascination with everything involved with the SG. It will intresting to see if he keeps that same attitude after going head to head with the Ori or some rogue evil Goa'uld.
                the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
                Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Originally posted by Cathain Nottingham
                  I know what you mean. There are some moments when Landry doesn't bother me and then others make me want to crawl out of my skin.

Spoiler:
                  In "Avalon Pt 2" when there was implied Landry / Lam all I can say is ewwwwwww!
                  uh... as to your spoiler... it wasn't quite like that. At all. Their's is a familial relationship, not a romantic one. So's there was absolutely nothing gross about it, other than what you read into it. It isn't all that different from people going nuts over Teyla looking at Ronon when they took his shirt off. People were saying she was going ga-ga. She wasn't. She was looking at the scars on his chest where a Wraith had tried to feed on him. I swear, people take this shipper stuff way too far. There's nothing wrong with some light shippiness, but it just gets crazy when people make a whole show revolved around shipping. The shows don't. *sigh* ok... enough ranting from me, but I just had to say it.
                  The success or failure of your deeds, does not add up to the sum of your life. Your spirit cannot be weighed! Judge yourself by the intentions of your actions, and by the strength with which you faced the challenges that have stood in your way. The Universe is so vast, and we are so small, there is only truly one thing we can control; whether we are good or evil... -Oma Desala
                  Spoiler:

To all the 'Sci & Tech' forum users: If you are searching for a thread about your topic of interest, please come visit our Concordance Thread. If you have any questions, we will attempt to help you.
                  http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=26498

Feel free to pass the green..!

My Website... http://return-of-the-constitution.webs.com
                  My Blog @ http://myhatsize.blogspot.com
                  Amazing Literary Works of Fel... http://sennadar.com/wp/

Also, visit my webpage at... http://www.stargatesg1.com/Seastallion Sadly, this page is gone with the website that supported it, but I'll keep the link up in memorial.

Comment

I saw this thread yesterday and voted (I said "yes", BTW), and now I'm explaining why I like him. I haven't read the posts yet, so I don't know how original my opinion will be

Anyway, when I heard about the character's background, what TPTB said long before the season begun, I instantly liked the character. I'm an aviation and space nut, so any character who is a pilot is a plus in my book. Shallow, I know
                    I didn't have any preconception about Ben Browder, because I had never followed his career before. I just had the feeling I was going to like the guy and the character.

And I was right. By the time I finished watching "Avalon - part 1" for the first time, I was already in love with the character. Why? (besides the pilot background. hehe)

- I love his sense of humor. One of the things that got me hooked on Stargate years ago was Jack's sense of humor, and the show's sense of humor in general. One of the things I love in real life is that: sense of humor. And I find that in Cameron. His is different from Jack's, but lovable anyway.

- the background we saw through the flashbacks. Some people hate it. I absolutely LOVED it. We see his sense of sacrifice, honor and camaderie.

- he's a team player

I'm looking very forward to seeing the different layers of this character.

Does that mean that I love him more than the "old" characters? No. I still love Jack and Daniel (I'm a big fan of both actors and characters). I like Sam because I identify with her in some aspects, and I also like Teal'c. And I loved Jonas in season 6 (he was my second fav after Jack that season). I happen to love Cameron in addition to the "old" characters.

Comment

Originally posted by Perriman33
                      Haven't watched enough shows to have a proper opinion yet. I don't dislike his character, it might take a few episodes to get used to the changes!
                      I love Ben but i think i need more time... i think he will be fine eventually

Comment

i voted no. I think he's too much like Jack at least for now, Hope they improve his character or it ain't gonna work is "now THAT's what I'm talking about" bending his knees while sayin that too Jack like?

I don't know. Maybe I just don't like changes now.. where's the do you like Vala thread so I can go to whine there too

Comment

I quite like him, but the whole of Avalon was set up just to make you feel sorry for him...

I *do* like him, but nowhere near as much as the rest of the cast (besides Landry who he's on a par with)
                          sigpic
                          Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by Sir Ruff
                            i voted no. I think he's too much like Jack at least for now, Hope they improve his character or it ain't gonna work is "now THAT's what I'm talking about" bending his knees while sayin that too Jack like?

I don't know. Maybe I just don't like changes now.. where's the do you like Vala thread so I can go to whine there too
                            The character of Col. Mitchell is nothing like Jack. Cam is exuberant, shows his emotions, doesn't play dumb......just a few examples. You know, I loved the character of Jack, and I miss him already, but you have to admit, the "playing dumb" routine did get a bit old.

Change isn't always bad, and when an actor gets bored with his character and finds his priorities have changed, it is the wisest move to leave, and that's what RDA did. Replacing him with Ben Browder was perfect, as the series needs a skilled actor, who can ad lib and who has the fire and sense of humor, RDA used to have.

Just my opinion, but I'm looking forward to more Mitchell and it's funny, I never felt sorry for him, I just felt admiration, for his determination.
                            On fighting:
                            Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
                            Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

Originally posted by Sir Ruff

Ya know, I don't seem to recall ever hearing Jack utter those precise words... and certainly not in that manner. Jack has an artfully restrained enthusiasm, Mitchell just hangs it all out there. Jack would say something like, "Yes..!!", or make some remark like... "See? I told you it would work". Sometimes I think Mitchell is just gonna explode from giddiness. Jack just stays 'cool', makes some witty remark, then goes on as though nothing had even happened.

As already has been mentioned somewhat... Jack is intentionally oblivious, and willfully dense. Mitchell is looking for the next 'great revelation' to come out of Daniel's mouth, the latest and greatest scientific discovery of Carter, and the tactical genius of Teal'c. In other words, Mitchell actively seeks out new info and stuff, whereas Jack only wanted the cheat sheet version about things (which he seems to share in common with Landry ). I think that one aspect they DO share, is their sarcasm. In Origin, Mitchells sarcasm came close to actually being annoying (when they met the Prior). At least for me it did, and I really like the guy. Jack and Mitchell both can be really sarcastic at times. Other than that, they really are different characters.
                              The success or failure of your deeds, does not add up to the sum of your life. Your spirit cannot be weighed! Judge yourself by the intentions of your actions, and by the strength with which you faced the challenges that have stood in your way. The Universe is so vast, and we are so small, there is only truly one thing we can control; whether we are good or evil... -Oma Desala
                              Spoiler:

To all the 'Sci & Tech' forum users: If you are searching for a thread about your topic of interest, please come visit our Concordance Thread. If you have any questions, we will attempt to help you.
                              http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=26498

Feel free to pass the green..!

My Website... http://return-of-the-constitution.webs.com
                              My Blog @ http://myhatsize.blogspot.com
                              Amazing Literary Works of Fel... http://sennadar.com/wp/

Also, visit my webpage at... http://www.stargatesg1.com/Seastallion Sadly, this page is gone with the website that supported it, but I'll keep the link up in memorial.

Comment

don't like his character.. i like the actor.. just his character is very boring.. his humour is poor.. i don't see how people can find mitchell funny in any way.. his remarks are also poor.. in origins on the planet.. his comments were grade school talk.. the writers need to give him better lines to say that suit bb..

Comment

Working...
                                X