Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1speed4Sam
    And the prize for post 7000 goes to... Charlie!!!

I'm sure some suitably-qualified official from the Court of Samanda will be along shortly to make the appropriate presentation.

1s4S
    First Business of the Day

In the absence of our President and Vice-President this morning, may I extend hearty congratulations to Charlie, one of our newer royal citizens and doing a yeoman's job so far of contributing to the news of the kingdom!

Hear, hear ... a jolly round of blue jello (from Keeper) and celebratory Bean (from Madam President upon her return)!

These are the methods of awarding our citizens whenever they reach a milestone or do good. There is a list of Royal Beans which are used as awards for certain types of posts - Keeper may have the exact post # and can hopefully repost here for all the newer citizens.

Jolly good show, Charlie! Cheers!

Jester

Comment

Inquiring minds want to know ...

The History of the Court of Samanda

Once upon a time, in a mythical kingdom far away, there lived a small group of citizens who, unabashedly, admired their Royal Ruler. She was fair of face, possessed of great wit, charm, and grace. All who met her fell under her spell. One of the younger members of this group of admirers suggested that the kingdom be renamed in the Queen's honour and, thus, the name of Samanda was born.

As a reward for this clever thought, the citizens petitioned that Major Sam be named the kingdom's President. The Major has been in the company of the Queen on more than one occasion and has shared visual images of these moments with her fellow Samandans, much to everyone's pleasure. Shortly thereafter, Major Sal, who tilled and developed the lands within Samanda, was appointed Vice-President. It was she who bestowed upon us the lovely garden of thoughts in the very first post which has led to such a colorful and prolific display of words and pictures everafter.

What is a kingdom without a court? Therefore, the Royal Court of Samanda came into being and, as certain members exhibited certain talents and/or proclivities, they received certain titles. In fact, it is truly amazing and sometimes frightening to think how much akin to their antics in the kingdom these royal court members may be! Perhaps life imitating art or vice versa.

An award system for the good citizens was put in place, using beans as the royal largesse of the kingdom. Travelers seemed to stop by in Samanda from time to time and it was heard, elsewhere, that Samandans sometimes seemed to be "full of beans". All to the good, all to the good. Those not worth their beans did not become fully franchised citizens and moved on. Those who seemed of kindred spirit, stayed within the Gate of Samanda.

As the kingdom grew, the desire for better communication (and gossip) flourished and the Samandan newspaper, Oh Yea What Say Times, was created and edited by the Royal Accountant who was already quite busy taking care of Samanda's budgetary needs and taxation. Thus she is also known by the names of Bean Counter and Royal Editor. At times, depending on the amount of sloe gin being consumed from the Royal Liquor Cabinet, the editor may call upon the Court Jester to assist in meeting the paper's deadline. These two have collaborated on many an occasion ... their love of celebration was influential in establishing the Royal Gala event at which Murray and his Merry Minstrels entertained. Royal Head of Security had his hands full that night ... much merriment and mischief. Even the Royal Sage/Wise Elder was known to get into the act. Many think that the dessert table provided much too much spiked blue jello that evening.

Throughout it all, others in the kingdom have maintained their sobriety and have guided the citizens and safeguarded the treasures of Samanda. Many moments of lucidity and intriguing data were provided by Keeper of the Flame, a royal archivist supreme, along with Census Taker and Royal Photographer who began to supply a stream of instructive and amusing photo-images of the Queen and her adventures. In fact, the citizens were so enthralled with the photostories which ensued that they, themselves, began to contribute unusual witticisms and comments. It was rumoured that the laughter could be heard outside the Samandan Gate, wafting over the many other nearby kingdoms. Those citizens, more serious of nature, would simply shake their heads and murmur "beans, it must be the beans".

New citizens are arriving daily and Census Taker must be delighted. The kingdom is, indeed, flourishing and will soon entertain new appointments to the Court. Indeed, assistants have already been hired for security demands and graphic design.

For now, let us be content to know that Samanda is thriving and the Queen is loved. Yes, there is even a Royal Nanny to take care of the little Princess!

Respectfully submitted by Court Jester
      Last edited by ChopinGal; 13 May 2005, 06:40 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SamFan31
        Guess who was seen recently? None other than the Copter Lady!

Sam has been tirelessly fine-tuning, testing, and flying her naquadah enhanced copter. She decided she needed some time off after all her challenging tasks. So, today is a holiday. Sam is having fun and doing what she loves.

Cruising (medium size 640x480)

Cruising (large size 1024x768)
        Fantastic job. I really like the lighting and blending job you did with Sam and the background.

Kat

Comment

Originally posted by gatebee
          pic fr myrth

indeed she is a beautiful lady
          OOooh my absolutely favorite picture of Amanda. Thank you Gatebee.

Comment

New Appointments to the Court of Samanda

Let it be known that the following positions have been filled:

Graphic Artist/Designer Forever Sg1

Assistant Graphic Designer SamFan 31

More positions will be advertised in the next edition of the Oh Yea Times. Please feel free to submit your qualifications after job notices are posted. All sincere citizens, willing to work for the good of the kingdom, will be duly rewarded.

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
              Inquiring minds want to know ...

The History of the Court of Samanda

Once upon a time, in a mythical kingdom far away, there lived a small group of citizens who, unabashedly, admired their Royal Ruler. She was fair of face, possessed of great wit, charm, and grace. All who met her fell under her spell. One of the younger members of this group of admirers suggested that the kingdom be renamed in the Queen's honour and, thus, the name of Samanda was born.

As a reward for this clever thought, the citizens petitioned that Major Sam be named the kingdom's President. The Major has been in the company of the Queen on more than one occasion and has shared visual images of these moments with her fellow Samandans, much to everyone's pleasure. Shortly thereafter, Major Sal, who tilled and developed the lands within Samanda, was appointed Vice-President. It was she who bestowed upon us the lovely garden of thoughts in the very first post which has led to such a colorful and prolific display of words and pictures everafter.

What is a kingdom without a court? Therefore, the Royal Court of Samanda came into being and, as certain members exhibited certain talents and/or proclivities, they received certain titles. In fact, it is truly amazing and sometimes frightening to think how much akin to their antics in the kingdom these royal court members may be! Perhaps life imitating art or vice versa.

An award system for the good citizens was put in place, using beans as the royal largesse of the kingdom. Travelers seemed to stop by in Samanda from time to time and it was heard, elsewhere, that Samandans sometimes seemed to be "full of beans". All to the good, all to the good. Those not worth their beans did not become fully franchised citizens and moved on. Those who seemed of kindred spirit, stayed within the Gate of Samanda.

As the kingdom grew, the desire for better communication (and gossip) flourished and the Samandan newspaper, Oh Yea What Say Times, was created and edited by the Royal Accountant who was already quite busy taking care of Samanda's budgetary needs and taxation. Thus she is also known by the names of Bean Counter and Royal Editor. At times, depending on the amount of sloe gin being consumed from the Royal Liquor Cabinet, the editor may call upon the Court Jester to assist in meeting the paper's deadline. These two have collaborated on many an occasion ... their love of celebration was influential in establishing the Royal Gala event at which Murray and his Merry Minstrels entertained. Royal Head of Security had his hands full that night ... much merriment and mischief. Even the Royal Sage/Wise Elder was known to get into the act. Many think that the dessert table provided much too much spiked blue jello that evening.

Throughout it all, others in the kingdom have maintained their sobriety and have guided the citizens and safeguarded the treasures of Samanda. Many moments of lucidity and intriguing data were provided by Keeper of the Flame, a royal archivist supreme, along with Census Taker and Royal Photographer who began to supply a stream of instructive and amusing photo-images of the Queen and her adventures. In fact, the citizens were so enthralled with the photostories which ensued that they, themselves, began to contribute unusual witticisms and comments. It was rumoured that the laughter could be heard outside the Samandan Gate, wafting over the many other nearby kingdoms. Those citizens, more serious of nature, would simply shake their heads and murmur "beans, it must be the beans".

New citizens are arriving daily and Census Taker must be delighted. The kingdom is, indeed, flourishing and will soon entertain new appointments to the Court. Indeed, assistants have already been hired for security demands and graphic design.

For now, let us be content to know that Samanda is thriving and the Queen is loved. Yes, there is even a Royal Nanny to take care of the little Princess!

Respectfully submitted by Court Jester
              Wow! CG you definitely have a wonderful talent with words. I'm speechless. Never have I been so enthralled by a history lesson. Great job!

Comment

Hear Ye Hear Ye Hear Ye Samandan Public Service Announcement
                Royal Court of Samanda Listing will be maintained at the original post #6973, page 349.

Please continue to reference this post for all the newest updates and appointments. The Jester promises to keep it in timely order to the best of her ability. Some adjustments have already been made this morning.

To help all new citizens to become acquainted with Samanda's history, a request to Keeper of the Flame for the following archival data, if possible:

Post or page numbers for Bean Award System; Royal Gala news; Oh Yea What Say Times past editions (I know this has been reposted but could we please have it here again); and, possibly, the few post numbers of Madam President's personal photos of the Queen and her.

Keeper, please add whatever you think would incorporate within one new post number the essence of Samanda and Court developments. I think this would be a truly valuable posting which can be updated and used as point of reference just as the aforementioned Post #6973 which I shall attempt to keep in royal working order.
                Last edited by ChopinGal; 13 May 2005, 06:46 PM.

Comment

mmhm

time for another topic rousing question

we've already done the 'if the house was on fire what would sam grab'
                  and 'what is sam's guilty pleasure tv show'

how about

what is sam's 'comfort food'

ok, comfort food is something that's not necessarily good for you, and is probably bad for you, but it's something you want if you're feeling down or icky or just need some, well comfort.

my idea

she'd go for chicken fried steak with all the fixings (for those that don't know, chicken fried steak is a round steak that's pounded to tenderize it, then breaded and fried (usually pan fried) then covered with white/cream gravy - gravy that's got a milk and flour base instead of a meat juice base- and is usually served with mashed potatos and often green beans)

it's a southern/midwestern dish

if she's not up for a big meal, then fries and gravy. there's something soothing about french fries dipped in cream gravy

what do you guys think?
                  Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                    Wow! CG you definitely have a wonderful talent with words. I'm speechless. Never have I been so enthralled by a history lesson. Great job!
                    isnt' she good?

and i can't even green her for it. i've *gasp* given out too much green reps in the past 24 hours

virtual jello headed your way
                    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I wanted to thank everyone for their wonderful comments about my silly royal banners. Like many new members to the court of Samanda, I found myself in the early stages very confused about who was who when reading the wonderful court posts. To remedy this situation, I found myself making a small list like the one that Chopin Gal so graciously posted. Since AstroG has been doing such a beautiful job archiving our witty and inciteful discussions, I thought it might be fun to add a page of court banners with each title position/name so that it would be easier for our newer denizens of Samanda to identify our court members.

I like to think of it as our Court Who's Who List.

I have to admit though, it been fun having something on those late nights when I'm bored and the citizens of Samanda have either gone to bed or found other tasks to occupy their time.

Thanks again for all the kind comments, I truly appreciate it.

Kat

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver

... what is sam's 'comfort food'

ok, comfort food is something that's not necessarily good for you, and is probably bad for you, but it's something you want if you're feeling down or icky or just need some, well comfort.

my idea

she'd go for chicken fried steak with all the fixings (for those that don't know, chicken fried steak is a round steak that's pounded to tenderize it, then breaded and fried (usually pan fried) then covered with white/cream gravy - gravy that's got a milk and flour base instead of a meat juice base- and is usually served with mashed potatos and often green beans)

it's a southern/midwestern dish

if she's not up for a big meal, then fries and gravy. there's something soothing about french fries dipped in cream gravy

what do you guys think?
                        Great idea, Sky!

I'd have to go with what a lot of fanficsters seem to believe: chocolate ice cream ... all varieties ... deep dark choc fudge, mocha fudge, anything chocolate ... and if she can't get her hands on pure chocolate flavors, she'd settle for Chocolate Chip Mint!

Comment

A Royal List of the Scribes of Samanda

This select club welcomes any citizen who has written and published at least one Samfic online. To date, the following are Royal Members of the Scribes of Samanda:

Madam President, MajorSam
                          Madam Vice-President, MajorSal
                          Keeper of the Flame, Astrogeologist
                          Census Taker, Skydiver
                          Court Jester, ChopinGal
                          Royal Photographer, UberSG-1 Fan
                          Royal Head of Security, AgentDark
                          Queen's Bodyguard, Strix varia
                          Royal Technician, Myrth
                          Royal Architect, ann_sgcfan
                          Royal Page, Charlie
                          Senior Scribe, Tok'ra Hostess
                          Royal Reporter, sg-1fanintn
                          Royal Bartender, Tracy Jane
                          Loyal Citizens, Mandysg1, Supernatural, sueKay, alittletoolate

Please apply for membership should you be eligible and we shall be glad to welcome you into the fold and post your name here. Apologies to anyone unintentionally omitted.

Jester
                          Last edited by ChopinGal; 01 March 2006, 03:49 PM.

Comment

New Appointments to the Court of Samanda

Let it be known that the following positions have been filled:

Graphic Artist/Designer Forever Sg1

Assistant Graphic Designer SamFan 31

More positions will be advertised in the next edition of the Oh Yea Times. Please feel free to submit your qualifications after job notices are posted. All sincere citizens, willing to work for the good of the kingdom, will be duly rewarded.

Do you need a bottle washer and general keeper of all things that need to be kept tidy in this
                            great land of ours? because i can't do nice pics but could do that
                            ......TARA......

Comment

All this talk of chicken fried steak and chocolate ice cream has made me feel rather hungry, so I'll take my leave of you (quite possibly via the local chippy ).

Have a great weekend everybody, and I'll speak to you again next week (assuming I survive the next stage of my initiation at the hands of the Royal Acccountant).

1s4S

Comment

In the name of equal opportunity, I would humbly apply for a position in the Royal Guard under the supervision of Agent Dark, Head of Security, and his trusty assistants, Carterslave and 1speed4Sam. It seems appropriate that at least one member of the female persuasion be present on this team, and I believe I am qualified. I am proficient in the following weapons: long sword, short sword, two-handed sword, dagger, rapier, epee, schlager, ax, two-handed ax, mace, spear, halberd, glaive, long bow, and crossbow.

I am also familiar with the operation of varies siege weapons such as trebuchets and catapults. Although I prefer medieval weapons, I can use modern weapons such as pistols, shotguns, and 22-rifles. I'm fairly sure I can learn proficiency with a zat and staff weapon. I have much combat experience in wars and scirmishes, have served as a squire to a knight for 20 years, and have held the auspicious position of Captain of the Mooneschadowe Liondragon Guard:

http://www.gyrfalcon.net/vikingchick/liondragon.jpg

Moments after this picture was taken, I saved my king by taking an arrow in the chest (alas, I wish I could say it was a deliberately heroic move, but I had no idea who was behind me at the time). BUT, I will happily throw myself into the heat of battle in the name of protecting our wondrous Queen.

References available upon request.

My LJ

Comment

Working...
                                X